Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,458 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Favourite Bible Verses - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Favourite Bible Verses (1048 Views)

When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God / What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? / Your Favourite Bible Verse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Favourite Bible Verses by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 25, 2012
"And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, they have their reward." - Matthew 6:5

"But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut the door, pray to thy father which seeth in secret; and thy father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly." - Matthew 6:6

"...for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust." - Matthew 5:45

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves." - Matthew 7:15

"Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?" - Matthew 7:6

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil." - Matthew 5:17

"Many will say in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? And in thy name have cast out devils? And in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you; depart from me ye that work iniquity." - Matthew 7:22

"For verily I say unto you, till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one title shall in no wise pass from the law, till all is fulfilled." - Matthew 5:18

"But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking." - Matthew 6:7
Re: Favourite Bible Verses by ichuka(m): 3:59pm On Dec 25, 2012
And the Word(which was God John1:1)was made flesh and dwelt among us...Jhn1:14.
Re: Favourite Bible Verses by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 25, 2012
i.chuka:
And the Word(which was God John1:1)was made flesh and dwelt among us...Jhn1:14.

John 1:14 "The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father , full of grace and truth."
Re: Favourite Bible Verses by ichuka(m): 7:57pm On Dec 25, 2012
[/b][b][b][/b][b][/b]For unto us a child is born,unto us a Son is given:and the gorverment shall be upon His shoulder;and His name shall be called Wonderful,Counsellor,the Mighty Godthe everlasting ,Father,the prince of peace..Isaiah9:6.

1 Like

Re: Favourite Bible Verses by ichuka(m): 8:36pm On Dec 25, 2012
Thomas said to Him,"My Lord and my GOD"...John20;28
Re: Favourite Bible Verses by Boomark(m): 8:51pm On Dec 25, 2012
1 Corinthians 8:5-6
5 For even if there are so-called
gods, whether in heaven or on
earth (as indeed there are many
“gods” and many “lords”), 6 yet for
us there is but one God, the Father,

from whom all things came and for
whom we live; and there is but
one Lord, Jesus Christ, through
whom all things came and through
whom we live.

Ephesians 1:17
17 I keep asking that the God of
our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious
Father,
may give you the Spirit of
wisdom and revelation, so that you
may know him better.

1 Like

Re: Favourite Bible Verses by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 25, 2012
Boomark: 1 Corinthians 8:5-6
5 For even if there are so-called
gods, whether in heaven or on
earth (as indeed there are many
“gods” and many “lords”), 6 yet for
us there is but one God, the Father,

from whom all things came and for
whom we live; and there is but
one Lord, Jesus Christ, through
whom all things came and through
whom we live.

Ephesians 1:17
17 I keep asking that the God of
our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious
Father,
may give you the Spirit of
wisdom and revelation, so that you
may know him better.

Thank you jo, Trinitarians have now resorted to trolling grin
Re: Favourite Bible Verses by Boomark(m): 10:53pm On Dec 25, 2012
frosbel:

Thank you jo, Trinitarians have now resorted to trolling grin

welcome wink

that tolling antidote works like well.
Re: Favourite Bible Verses by Nobody: 12:01am On Dec 26, 2012
Isaiah4;1
New Living Translation (©2007)
"In that day so few men will be left that seven women will fight for each man, saying, "Let us all marry you! We will provide our own food and clothing."

Amen cheesy
Re: Favourite Bible Verses by ichuka(m): 1:56am On Dec 26, 2012
25For I know that my REDEEMER liveth, and that HE shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

26And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see GOD:..JOB19;25-26
Re: Favourite Bible Verses by ichuka(m): 2:07am On Dec 26, 2012
Who,being in the form of GOD,thought it not robbery to be EQUAL with GOD..PHILLIPNS2:6
Re: Favourite Bible Verses by Boomark(m): 7:18am On Dec 26, 2012
"You heard that I said to you, I go
away, and I will come to you. If you
loved Me, you would have rejoiced,
because I go to the Father; for the
Father is greater than I'"
( John
14:28).
Re: Favourite Bible Verses by Boomark(m): 7:29am On Dec 26, 2012
i.chuka:

25For I know that my REDEEMER liveth, and that HE shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
26And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see GOD:..JOB19;25-26

No one has seen God at
any time;the only
begotten God who is in
the bosom of the Father,
He has explained Him.
Re: Favourite Bible Verses by ichuka(m): 9:24am On Dec 26, 2012
In the year that king Uzziah died,I saw the Lord seated on a throne,high and exalted,....and they were calling to one another:"Holy,holy,holy is Lord *A lmightthe whole earth is full of His Glory...Isaiah6:1 and3;1:
Re: Favourite Bible Verses by true2god: 10:36am On Dec 26, 2012
@ Frosbel, u seem to be personally moderating the thread. Allow other pple's voice heard and dnt allow personal sentiment betray the purpose of the thread.

Happy holiday.
Re: Favourite Bible Verses by Todaynatoday: 11:51am On Dec 26, 2012
Chai!!! Una don use style style, turn "favourite bible verses" to "favourite trinitarian and anti trinitarian bible verses".
Well my favourite is Romans 8:28
them who are the called according to his
purpose.
Re: Favourite Bible Verses by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 26, 2012
Todaynatoday: Chai!!! Una don use style style, turn "favourite bible verses" to "favourite trinitarian and anti trinitarian bible verses".
Well my favourite is Romans 8:28
them who are the called according to his
purpose.

I have to agree with you , this thread was created simply for the posting of random favourite bible verses, but the trinitarians still recovering from earlier defeats decided to derail it's purpose.

1 Like

Re: Favourite Bible Verses by jcf(m): 2:12pm On Dec 26, 2012
Lamentations 3:37..
 Who is he that saith, and it cometh to pass, when the Lord commandeth it not?
Dear Friends,As long as you are in God's will,You can't have trouble without God's permissions and since we know God has good plans towards us(Jer 29:11),We can keep our minds at rest, Have a lovely day y'all..
Re: Favourite Bible Verses by Boomark(m): 4:33pm On Dec 26, 2012
i.chuka:
In the year that king Uzziah died,I saw the Lord seated on a throne,high and exalted,....and they were calling to one another:"Holy,holy,holy is Lord *A lmightthe whole earth is full of His Glory...Isaiah6:1 and3;1:

Exodus 33:20-23
20 But,” he said, “you cannot see
my face, for no one may see me
and live.”

21 Then the LORD said, “There is a
place near me where you may
stand on a rock. 22 When my glory
passes by, I will put you in a cleft in
the rock and cover you with my
hand until I have passed by.
23 Then I will remove my hand and
you will see my back; but my face
must not be seen.”
Re: Favourite Bible Verses by Image123(m): 5:43pm On Dec 26, 2012
foolish Christians everywhere.
Re: Favourite Bible Verses by Boomark(m): 7:44pm On Dec 26, 2012
Image123: foolish Christians everywhere.

Why do you say that? Are you now an atheist? Atheists enjoy such statements.
Re: Favourite Bible Verses by ichuka(m): 8:51am On Dec 27, 2012
He said to me,"I am the Alpha and the Omega,,the Begining and the End...Rev21:6
Re: Favourite Bible Verses by Todaynatoday: 9:04am On Dec 27, 2012
^^^^ Could you please grow a backbone? Aren't you tired of this trinity stuff? The thread says "Post your favorite bible verse" not "Support trinity doctrine with a bible verse"
Re: Favourite Bible Verses by ichuka(m): 9:18am On Dec 27, 2012
[quote author=Todaynatoday]^^^^ Could you please grow a backbone? Aren't you tired of this trinity stuff? The thread says "Post your favorite bible verse" not "Support trinity doctrine with a bible verse"
VERSE's not Verse
Re: Favourite Bible Verses by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 27, 2012
Proverbs 12
"12 Whoever loves discipline loves to learn; whoever hates to be corrected is stupid."
Re: Favourite Bible Verses by Image123(m): 11:39am On Dec 27, 2012
Boomark:

Why do you say that? Are you now an atheist? Atheists enjoy such statements.
let the christains behave themselves, are you a politician?
Re: Favourite Bible Verses by Boomark(m): 2:12pm On Dec 27, 2012
Image123:
let the christains behave themselves, are you a politician?

Why were you calling Christians foolish people on this thread? How did Christians misbehave on this thread? Am apolitical.
Re: Favourite Bible Verses by Image123(m): 7:19pm On Dec 27, 2012
Boomark:

Why were you calling Christians foolish people on this thread? How did Christians misbehave on this thread? Am apolitical.
you cant see? What can i say then. Thank God for you.
Re: Favourite Bible Verses by Boomark(m): 12:18am On Dec 28, 2012
Image123:
you cant see? What can i say then. Thank God for you.

God bless you bro.

Matthew 15:13
13 He replied, “Every plant that my
heavenly Father has not planted
will be pulled up by the roots.
Re: Favourite Bible Verses by Nobody: 12:29am On Dec 29, 2012
Hebrews 10:31, “It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.”

Isaiah 45:9, “Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! ...”

Isaiah 13:11, And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.”

Psalms 9:19-20, “Arise, O LORD; let not man prevail: let the heathen be judged in thy sight. Put them in fear, O LORD: that the nations may know themselves to be but men. Selah.”

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Muslims In Kaduna Worship With Christians In Show Of Unity / Pope Francis Gets New Mercedes M Class-based Popemobile / Wow I Just Noticed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.