Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,536 members, 7,823,327 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

A Typical Xmas Day - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Typical Xmas Day (644 Views)

15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian / Diary Of Typical Naija Chick! / A Typical Nairaland Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Typical Xmas Day by vikings809: 3:05pm On Dec 25, 2012
I didn't celebrate this xmas. I woke up alone in a one-room apartment. Thankfully, the power supply was okay. I spent the whole of the previous night watching movies on my laptop. I woke up with a pang in my stomach. The beans I ate the previous night didn't go down well nor did it digest well. I released a little fart and there was little comfort. It smelt badly. I covered my nose.
I ate the rest of the beans half-heartedly and dared it to disturb my stomach. My phone rang, it was my father. He just wanted to say hi. I said hi back. I was left with my thoughts.
I got pensive. Why didn't I go home like other kids and celebrate with my family? Different reasons abound: One, I was tired of celebrating the whole "xmas" stuff. I celebrated it last year and the previous year. I've been celebrating it for the past 20 years. Sincerely, I'm tired of it. The other reason was that I wanted to be on my own. Around this time, the environment is cool, serene and tranquil. It's the kind of environment where I could "think", and I needed to do some serious "thinking".
Xmas is just another day. In 24 days, most people would have forgotten what they had for xmas as life calls everybody back from the festive seasons. Remember the beginning of this year? GEJ's subsidy cut short the festive mood of the season and people got back to their life pretty soon after.
You can snort and say I'm missing out. Yes, you can eat and drink and make merry today. But I tell you, I can make merry and drink whenever I want.

(1) (Reply)

A Writer's Problem / Jst A Poem. Check It Awt N Comment. / Proffessor Chinua Achiebe I Salute!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.