Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,457 members, 7,770,133 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:12 AM

Is It Compulsory For Wives Of Pastors To Be A Pastor? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Compulsory For Wives Of Pastors To Be A Pastor? (737 Views)

Wives Of 9 Powerful Nigerian Pastors (photos) / Wives Of Pastors Urged To Satisfy Husbands In Bed / Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Compulsory For Wives Of Pastors To Be A Pastor? by saint22: 12:40am On Dec 26, 2012
It is now a common trend to find wives of almost every pastors to be addressed as "pastor mrs". is it that these women were also called by GOD just like their husbands or a new procedure for pastors.pls can an experienced person throw more light.
Re: Is It Compulsory For Wives Of Pastors To Be A Pastor? by ihedioramma: 3:44am On Dec 26, 2012
TALK IT FROM ME, SHE HAVE TO BE. EVERY BODY IS A PASTOR OR MAN OF GOD AS THEY CALL IT . SO IF U ARE NOT TRY TO BE A PASTOR. IF U SE WHAT AM DOYING IS NOT GOOD AND U TOLD ME TO STOP FROM IT WHAT DID U DO THAT TIME? SO MY THERE WE ALL HAVE TO BE PASTOR HELP SOME ONE TO STOP FROM HIS OR HER SIN THAT IS IT .
Re: Is It Compulsory For Wives Of Pastors To Be A Pastor? by k2039: 4:21am On Dec 26, 2012
[color=soyouquotedme]It is not.

I didn't read any where when the earlier apostles handed over the church to their wives.

What we see happening now is just a bussiness venture where the next of kin is the pastor's wife ir children.
[/color]
Re: Is It Compulsory For Wives Of Pastors To Be A Pastor? by Zoe777(m): 4:52am On Dec 26, 2012
k2039: [color=soyouquotedme]It is not.

I didn't read any where when the earlier apostles handed over the church to their wives.

What we see happening now is just a bussiness venture where the next of kin is the pastor's wife ir children.
[/color]
ya dats tru. bt on a 2nd tot, we dont even knw if som of d apostles of d early church got married...... Or wot do u tink?
Re: Is It Compulsory For Wives Of Pastors To Be A Pastor? by ihedioramma: 5:18am On Dec 26, 2012
I THINK SOME MARRY, BOUT I HAVE NOT SE IN THE BIBLE ABOUT THERE WIFE NAME OR SON. ABOUT HANDING OVER THE CHURCH TO THERE WIFE OR SON, THAT IS WHY DAY LIVE THERE CHURCH AND OPEN ONE FOR THERE SELF AND MAKE PLAY OF THE PASTORS THAT DONT MARRY IN OTHER TO GET THERE MANBER. IF GOD THEM DID HE ASK THE TO LIVE THE CHURCH DAY ARE ? ASK ANY ONE OF THEM . ONE OF THEM ASK ME WERE IN THE BIBLE GOD ASK US TO GIVE HIM ONE OUT OF OUR PROFIT, BOUT HE TALK IT FROM HIS MANBERS AND TELL ME IS NOT IN THE BIBLE. THANK'S .
Re: Is It Compulsory For Wives Of Pastors To Be A Pastor? by ihedioramma: 5:23am On Dec 26, 2012
I THINK SOME MARRY, BOUT I HAVE NOT SE IN THE BIBLE ABOUT THERE WIFE NAME OR SON. ABOUT HANDING OVER THE CHURCH TO THERE WIFE OR SON, THAT IS WHY DAY LIVE THERE CHURCH AND OPEN ONE FOR THERE SELF AND MAKE PLAY OF PASTORS THAT DONT MARRY IN OTHER TO GET THERE MANBER. IF GOD CALL THEM DID HE ASK THEM TO LIVE THE CHURCH DAY ARE ? ASK ANY ONE OF THEM . ONE OF THEM ASK ME WERE IN THE BIBLE GOD ASK US TO GIVE HIM ONE OUT OF OUR PROFIT, BOUT HE TALK IT FROM HIS MANBERS AND TELL ME IS NOT IN THE BIBLE U SE .
Re: Is It Compulsory For Wives Of Pastors To Be A Pastor? by k2039: 6:06am On Dec 26, 2012
Zoe777: ya dats tru. bt on a 2nd tot, we dont even knw if som of d apostles of d early church got married...... Or wot do u tink?

[color=soyouquotedme]I saw this coming, that you could raise this point.

Matthew 8:14 shows that Peter married.
I assume if it was in our days since he was the first pope(according to the roman catholic church) he would have handed over to his wife, but that wasn't the case.

I don't have a problem with a pastor's wife being a pastor, but I think most pastor's wives call themselves by default since their husband is a pastor, honestly, it's wrong.
[/color]

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For Wives Of Pastors To Be A Pastor? by ihedioramma: 6:20am On Dec 26, 2012
EVERY BODY IS A PASTOR IF U ARE NOT TRY . HELP SOME ONE TO STOP FROM HIS OR HER SIN . FOR WIFE TALKING OVER THE CHURCH I DONT NOOO. HELP ME WITH THIS OR DO U BELIVE THIS THAT FOR A WOMAN TO PRECH IN ALL IS NOT GOOD WHAT DO SAY? TELL ME TRU BIBLE.
Re: Is It Compulsory For Wives Of Pastors To Be A Pastor? by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 26, 2012
ihedioramma: EVERY BODY IS A PASTOR IF U ARE NOT TRY . HELP SOME ONE TO STOP FROM HIS OR HER SIN . FOR WIFE TALKING OVER THE CHURCH I DONT NOOO. HELP ME WITH THIS OR DO U BELIVE THIS THAT FOR A WOMAN TO PRECH IN ALL IS NOT GOOD WHAT DO SAY? TELL ME TRU BIBLE.
toddler on nairaland
Re: Is It Compulsory For Wives Of Pastors To Be A Pastor? by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 26, 2012
@op..i think the trend is so common these days that it is unscriptural..even Apostle Paul frowns at women teaching men in the early chuches..pastoring is a WORK not a title.
Re: Is It Compulsory For Wives Of Pastors To Be A Pastor? by dorox(m): 10:50am On Dec 26, 2012
It is not compulsory for the wives of Pastors to become Pastors, but it is necessary for the long term viability and family ownership of the church business for not just the wives alone, but the sons and daughters as well to receive the calling. And if the church is very big with huge turnovers, then you can add in-laws and cousins to the list of pastors.
Re: Is It Compulsory For Wives Of Pastors To Be A Pastor? by saint22: 6:24pm On Dec 26, 2012
I really appreciate responses from you guys except those coming from ihedioramma.i dont really understand what this guy is blabbing.pls more persons with this knowledge should throw more light. thanks
Re: Is It Compulsory For Wives Of Pastors To Be A Pastor? by OmoAlata(f): 6:31pm On Dec 26, 2012
My husband is a pastor (in the making) wink, and I'm definitely not one, nor intend to be one (unless it is God's will for my life) and I most definitely am not referred to as Mrs Pastor neither are our kids referred to as Pikin Pastor lol grin
Re: Is It Compulsory For Wives Of Pastors To Be A Pastor? by ihedioramma: 8:31pm On Dec 26, 2012
HELLO SAINT22, ASK FOR UNDERSTANDING WHY DO U SAY SO? . IS LIKE U ARE HERE TO PLAY WITH SOME PASTORS WRONG DID ?
Re: Is It Compulsory For Wives Of Pastors To Be A Pastor? by tobechi20(m): 8:46pm On Dec 26, 2012
It cement church like a family buisness
Re: Is It Compulsory For Wives Of Pastors To Be A Pastor? by saint22: 9:13am On Dec 27, 2012
ihedioramma: HELLO SAINT22, ASK FOR UNDERSTANDING WHY DO U SAY SO? . IS LIKE U ARE HERE TO PLAY WITH SOME PASTORS WRONG DID ?
What i mean is that ur writting & spelling skill is poor.it is difficult to understand ur responses
Re: Is It Compulsory For Wives Of Pastors To Be A Pastor? by ihedioramma: 8:38pm On Dec 27, 2012
try to understand it becos we all will not rt like u .

(1) (Reply)

True Story Of JESUS' BIRTH / Fun With The Anthropic Principle / Why Do Pastors Do Things Like This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.