Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

A - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A (897 Views)

Why Mr. President Is Travelling Around The World- Garba Shehu / Did Ribadu See Akwa Ibom Fake 75 Oil Platforms at Apapa Seaport By Musiwa / Picture and Video showing the North as minority status By Musiwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A by musiwa10: 5:22am On Dec 26, 2012
f
Re: A by Jakumo(m): 5:45am On Dec 26, 2012
Kabiyesi Musiwa, I am getting tired of begging you to deliver on your promise of more satellite maps, but now you have provided me with an opportunity to use the leverage of witholding something you need, until those maps are posted here, along with a solid and plausible explanation of why it is that you deserted your duty post for so long.

As the Aare Onakakanfo of Canada-land, the Baale of Benin-land, and the Igwe Ndiigbo of Biafra-land, you, of all people should know better than to request FREE information here, without any offer to reciprocate in kind.

For your information, I know of a fool-proof methodology for transporting huge amounts of cash anywhere in the world, and with NO attendant risk of confiscation, incarceration, altercations or abductions, BUT, this highly privileged treasure trove of insider information will ONLY be made available to you IF and ONLY IF you post nothing less than 20 solid pages of satellite images, with immediate effect.

Please alert me when you have completed this urgent assignment, in order that I may authorize the issuance of a formal white paper in response to your questions about money concealment here.

A new year is commencing in a few days, Musiwa, and you MUST resume your divinely ordained duty NOW, before the clock strikes midnight on January 31, 2012. Please regard this as your FINAL warning to shape up, or face MAJOR sanctions.
Re: A by mankevo(m): 5:59am On Dec 26, 2012
It baffels me that EFCC has left its primary target (Looters of Public Treasury) and is priding itself with arresting/seizing funds at airports.
For those that dont know, those funds they keep seizing at the airports belong to independent minded Nigeria business people who come to Asia (Dubai & China) for business.
Analogue, Upwards, Emmason are few of the agents that colletcs the funds on behalf of these people and transport it to the destination country for the use of the merchant or his agent(s). The charges is at N1000 per $1000. Businesses in China have greately been hampered by these constant arrests/seizure of their funds, and some people who came for business but needed back up funds through these agents were frustrated & had to leave bi4 the expiration of their Visas.
I adviced them on the need to have Mastercard, but here in China one can only withdraw N150,000 (RMB 5738) perday and (depending on your local Bank) the charges ranges from N3-5k (single withdrawal of Y2500).Online/POS payment is not readily available amongst the sellers and most of our Nigerian business people deal directly with indigenous traders and not companies (not even all companies accepts e-payments from Nigerians)
So, for someone that want to conduct a business of N5Million +above and has 30days Visa validity, surely Mastercard is not for him; thats why they entrust their funds into the care of these agents, but unfortunately, EFCC is promoting itself for frustrating their business plans. Most of Chinese business dealings with Nigerians are CASH-BACKED unless those with verifiable/registered business offices in China.
I advise that any business person should be allowed to carry above $10,000 treshold while travelling, and customs should stop demanding percentage ''tips'' for amount in excess of &10,000. We know for certain that most of our business people can carry up to $1m if permitted by law.
Re: A by AfroBlue(m): 6:08am On Dec 26, 2012
I don't think carrying cash is the way to go for large international business transactions.

I remember a lecture on letters of credit between banks to close legitimate deals.

A letter of credit is a document issued by a financial institution, or a similar party, assuring payment to a seller of goods and/or services.[1] The seller then seeks reimbursement from the buyer or from the buyer's bank. The document serves essentially as a guarantee to the seller that it will be paid by the issuer of the letter of credit regardless of whether the buyer ultimately fails to pay. In this way, the risk that the buyer will fail to pay is transferred from the seller to the letter of credit's issuer.The letter of credit also insures that all the agreed upon standards and quality of goods are met by the supplier.

Letters of credit are used primarily in international trade for large transactions between a supplier in one country and a customer in another. In such cases, the International Chamber of Commerce Uniform Customs and Practice for Documentary Credits applies (UCP 600 being the latest version)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letter_of_credit#International_Trade_Payment_methods

After a contract is concluded between buyer and seller, buyer's bank supplies a letter of credit to seller

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letter_of_credit
Re: A by mankevo(m): 6:32am On Dec 26, 2012
Afro-Blue
I got your message and its undisputed, however, that is for an organised Market. Let it be known that those ''Idumota'' cloth sellers can leave Nigeria without knowing the exact cloth they are to buy.
It is when they arrive at International resting Pavilion (Bole and Tong Tong attached) that their Nigerian friend and/or agents will inform them the ''latest'' in stock and they will purchase and shipped down.
Some other times, they may be having in mind of purchasing at GuangZhou only to be informed of a new cheaper market at Donguan, Yiwu,ShenZhen etc....
Goods one can buy at GZ for 20kuai (RMB) can be seen at yiwu at 13-15kuai depending on the season, so their coming is not fixed. it can vary at any second on their arrival

(1) (Reply)

Police Stops Use Of Federal Character In Appointment Of AIGs, CPs, Others / Is GEJ Responsible For Nigeria's Economic Growth? / Buhari Is Boko Haram’s Major Sponsor – Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.