Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,225 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

I Won N50,000 From Globacom/chevron-texaco Bonanza - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Won N50,000 From Globacom/chevron-texaco Bonanza (5066 Views)

Robbers Attack Inspector, Steal N50,000(photo) / Woman Steals N200,000 From A Salon, Escapes With Help Of 2 Other Women (pics) / Applicant Steals N50,000 From Prospective Employer During Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won N50,000 From Globacom/chevron-texaco Bonanza by OluAbuja(m): 2:23pm On Apr 26, 2006
Guys,

I woke up this morning to see a message in my phone saying that

"Congrats! You have won N50,000. Your number was among the lucky numbers in the Chevron/Texaco Bonanza with Ref. No ?. Call this ? to claim your prize"

I called the number stated and a guy confirmed to me that my Glo line number has won the N50,000 and i must collect the cash within 72hours.

Does anybody work in Glo, Chevron or Texaco and can confirm this for me before i proceed to Lagos?

Or has anyone of you guys won such a bonanza? Maybe you know someone who has.

I need the right info asap. If it is true, i will let all the nairalanders know about it.

Olu
Re: I Won N50,000 From Globacom/chevron-texaco Bonanza by LoverBwoy(m): 7:29pm On Apr 26, 2006
congrats if u won

Im sure they should be a way

why dont u contact them , on their website or call them direct?

why is information so scarce in nigeria?
Re: I Won N50,000 From Globacom/chevron-texaco Bonanza by gabng(m): 12:01am On Apr 28, 2006
Sorry Bro, its a scam. Guess you have been hit by the 419'ers. Next they will ask from you is money to process ur winnings
Re: I Won N50,000 From Globacom/chevron-texaco Bonanza by hotangel2(f): 12:15am On Apr 28, 2006
Okay now, dont just say it's a scam. Call the glo line and ask them if there's a bonanza going on.

if there is, proceed to lagos. If they say nothing like that is going on, chilax for ur house.
Re: I Won N50,000 From Globacom/chevron-texaco Bonanza by Mario(m): 7:11am On Apr 28, 2006
First, did u play any game like that? if YES then it could be true, but if NO then like the lady said, "chilax for your house" cheesy
Re: I Won N50,000 From Globacom/chevron-texaco Bonanza by Skidoc(m): 12:49pm On Apr 28, 2006
Call someone you know in Lagos to go there and confirm for you. You don't want to go all the way from Abuja to Lagos cos of 50K and come back disappointed, do you?
Re: I Won N50,000 From Globacom/chevron-texaco Bonanza by SIBLI06(m): 1:54pm On Apr 28, 2006
@Olu Abuja, i have just checked gloworld website and their does not appear to be anything listed on chevron/texaco bonanza. It seems the only giveaway that is on at the moment is the 180 car giveaway bonanza.

Still take the advise of others here and call glo. Good luck!
Re: I Won N50,000 From Globacom/chevron-texaco Bonanza by cybazz: 1:59pm On Sep 21, 2006
i am new here, just like to feel among men, ,i just got a similar text this morning.but dis guy dat answered the phone said i had 3 options to get the money, 1, go to their office in p.H.(i stay in sapele,delta state) to collect it in cash. 2, tell dem my add. so dat i could receive it by speed post. or 3, give them my bank account number. of course i asked for option 3. guess what, nothing don enter am till now.
Re: I Won N50,000 From Globacom/chevron-texaco Bonanza by cushman(m): 7:53pm On Sep 21, 2006
It's a scam no doubt. Just ignore them. I even read a warning on the papers sometimes ago from Chevron that they have nothing to do with it.
Re: I Won N50,000 From Globacom/chevron-texaco Bonanza by dominobaby(f): 8:32pm On Sep 21, 2006
though this is a long time ago, this text is still going round. ma roomie too got it like 3 weeks back! Its a scam
Re: I Won N50,000 From Globacom/chevron-texaco Bonanza by otokx(m): 10:45pm On Sep 21, 2006
sorry for the disappointment
Re: I Won N50,000 From Globacom/chevron-texaco Bonanza by imatejammer: 4:10am On Sep 23, 2006
Still don't know why Glo won't do anything to block those lines listed in the text message
Re: I Won N50,000 From Globacom/chevron-texaco Bonanza by lukkie(m): 10:09am On Sep 24, 2006
Glo cant block the line cos d money the scammer is spendin to send those messages is profit for Glo. And i dont think they've commited any particular crime. It's left to u to be smart and not be a MUMU. There's no free money anywhere.
Re: I Won N50,000 From Globacom/chevron-texaco Bonanza by Seun(m): 10:21am On Sep 24, 2006
A crime has been committed. It is called fraud.
Re: I Won N50,000 From Globacom/chevron-texaco Bonanza by lukkie(m): 1:16pm On Sep 25, 2006
so why hasnt glo been dragging those people to court?
Re: I Won N50,000 From Globacom/chevron-texaco Bonanza by Hakeemval: 2:38pm On Nov 01, 2006
Hey guys, I just received a mail now concerning that incidence from 'Chevron Texaco' that I should call 08053259598 to claim my cheque of N500,000.Pls be careful my buddies, it's absolute fraud 'cos I tried to play along with the guy and found out not to be untrue 'cos I irritated him so as to bang the phone on me but he refused!What a Nigerian.

Re: I Won N50,000 From Globacom/chevron-texaco Bonanza by fuzek: 11:26pm On Aug 22, 2007
wow although its been long, but i got the message too and since i was living in Lagos they told me to go to Abuja to get d money---its a very big scam cos there was no promo and i didnt even apply for anything. Y would glo, chevron wateva just wanna dash me money? just delete d message and be happy!

=N=50,000----wow for nothing, no bigger joke dan such!!!!!!!!
Re: I Won N50,000 From Globacom/chevron-texaco Bonanza by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 24, 2007
THE FIRST THING U SHOULD ASK URSELF IS " IS GLO DOING ANY BONANZA LIKE THIS "
Re: I Won N50,000 From Globacom/chevron-texaco Bonanza by wallas: 3:52pm On Jan 08, 2008
Better make some real clearificatns b4 making moves 4 the money,but still if u win am on ur side
Re: I Won N50,000 From Globacom/chevron-texaco Bonanza by dab8r419er(m): 12:10am On Apr 08, 2010
I am a professional at [dealing with] this scam, What you need to do is answer and play along like you don't know its a scam. They will at some point ask you for advanced fees to release the prize. Now the fun starts. You tell them you do not have the cash but you work with lap tops and can send them the amount in products. They are the greediest low lives that walk erect so they will go for it. Now you geta box and load it with garbage and nasty things and tell the scammer he needs to pay the freight in advance cause you are broke and you will throw in a free I phone. Again their greed will make them do it. Now when you have the proof they paid you ship the garbage. They will curse you and threaten you but you got the last laugh. They became the mugu. Is this fun or what?
Re: I Won N50,000 From Globacom/chevron-texaco Bonanza by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 11, 2010
dab8r419er:

I am a professional at [dealing with] this scam, What you need to do is answer and play along like you don't know its a scam. They will at some point ask you for advanced fees to release the prize. Now the fun starts. You tell them you do not have the cash but you work with lap tops and can send them the amount in products. They are the greediest low lives that walk erect so they will go for it. Now you geta box and load it with garbage and nasty things and tell the scammer he needs to pay the freight in advance cause you are broke and you will throw in a free I phone. Again their greed will make them do it. Now when you have the proof they paid you ship the garbage. They will curse you and threaten you but you got the last laugh. They became the mugu. Is this fun or what?

ROTFLMAO,sweet!!!!
yeah they will threaten you but most wont do sh_it!!!
Re: I Won N50,000 From Globacom/chevron-texaco Bonanza by kshow1(m): 9:10pm On Apr 11, 2010
Is there no Glo office close to where you reside
Re: I Won N50,000 From Globacom/chevron-texaco Bonanza by darqly(m): 5:38am On Apr 12, 2010
No need to call ANY glo office. What partnership does glo have wit chevron or texaco for heaven's sake? You can't win what doesn't exist or what you know you didn't contest for! It takes a little greed and little stupidity to fall for a scam such as this. If you give your bank details,trust me,you're giving them a headstart in cloning your debitcard or attempting to gain online access to your account. We're all informed,or appear to be. When in doubt,just google it.
Re: I Won N50,000 From Globacom/chevron-texaco Bonanza by diehard1: 11:03am On Apr 12, 2010
PLEASE for God's sake ignore this sms it is fraud. Gol/texaco indeed, very soon they will ask you to send them recharge card to claim the money. How can you win what you never played. Stupid! They ve been sending this sms since two years and i wonder why people still fall for it angry angry
Re: I Won N50,000 From Globacom/chevron-texaco Bonanza by dab8r419er(m): 6:02pm On Apr 12, 2010
My friend Listen to me carefully there is no money. You can not win. The only winner is the 419 scammer that wants to steal your money. When you get a sms like that you can do 2 things. 1) Answer it and lead the thief that sent it to believe you are a (Big Fool) as they call their victims, Ask them allot of stupid questions until they ask for the fees. Oh yea they will ask for fees. They will tell you you must pay the taxes or some other dumb shit. Then tell them you will send the money but first you need to know you can trust them.  Now you start the fun, You tell him in your culture people demonstrate trust by sticking a carrot in their nostrils and he has to hold a sign that read I can be trusted by this carrot. He may resist but you just tell him that is the only way you can send the money. They are so greedy they will do it. Then option 2) is delete the sms cause it is a scam cut and dry! I hope you do play with them just for the fun of it all.

Also note if you do this you must first be ready. PM me for instruction.
Re: I Won N50,000 From Globacom/chevron-texaco Bonanza by Sulebash: 2:50pm On Sep 14, 2010
Received 10/Sept/2010 by 08:06a.m. from +2348071613218:

QUOTE:
<<
CONGRATULATION.YOU WON #500,000. YOUR NUMBER WAS AMONG THE 20 LUCKY WINNER OF CHEVRON TEXACO BONANZA. YOUR TICKET NO.BT352K CALL OUR OFFICE ON 08071613218
>>
ENDQUOTE.

I never participated in any contest (with ticket number BT352K !!). So, be careful of even advocates in this forum who suggest to you and I to "try" and contact a scammer and ask him - are you a con artist?! Is every forumite true? Do scammers also contribute to forums as this?

Sule.
Re: I Won N50,000 From Globacom/chevron-texaco Bonanza by chosen04(f): 7:26pm On Sep 14, 2010
. . . . . .But how come Nigerians are smartly wicked?
Re: I Won N50,000 From Globacom/chevron-texaco Bonanza by oladayo042: 10:01am On Sep 16, 2010
Why is this thread posted to the Crime section if OP did not know it is a scam as he claimed? Shouldn't it be in the Phones section?

Although I dont rule out the fact that it may be moved.

(1) (Reply)

[PICS + VIDEO] Nigerian Slay Queen Stripped N@ked For Stealing At A Jewelry Shop / 2 Rival Cult Members Shot Dead At Federal Polytechnic Nekede (Graphic Photos) / Is This Jungle Justice Or Birthday Celebration PICS?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.