Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,652 members, 7,958,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 08:29 AM

Are Yoruba People Really Dirty? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Are Yoruba People Really Dirty? (2405 Views)

Why Are Yoruba Pple Fund Of Insultn U First Before Tellin U Sweet Thing? / Are Old People Really Wiser Than Young People / ~Do NEVER-Angry People Really Exist . . .?~ (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Are Yoruba People Really Dirty? by mAdBulleT(m): 6:50pm On Dec 26, 2012
The common pompous words that some benighted Nigerians speak out is that; "the yorubas are dirty" which is a fallacy. I spent many years in the north, living with the Igbos and now i'm based in the west. This has enable me to speak "wazobia" fluently, because i've lived with the Igbo, stayed with the Hausa and now the Yoruba, also, i've make friends with many tribes such as Efik, Calabar, Urhobo, Idoma etc. If we talk about dirtiness, every tribe/ethnic in the world has their aspect of dirtiness, but I wonder why some people judge without investigation. When I was still in north, the way people speak of yoruba's dirtiness even made me hate them. But when I got to know them better, I realised all the wrong things said about them are nothing but bunch of lies, when compared to other ethnic groups which I don't have to mention, until i'm forced to do so. Even this "Oyinbo" people has their aspect of dirtiness. I swear to God, this thing i'm about to say really happens; where one "Oyinbo" guy dip one of his finger into his anus and rub it under his friend's nose to persive the smell, in term of playing. "what do you call that?"
This is funny enough, when the Yorubas were made to carry everything on them, just as Jesus christ was made to carry the cross, even if he is loathed. You'll see a very dirty fellow also saying, "Yorubas are dirty" and they (Yoruba) hardly react through this. That was why I also believed what people say at first, but now I understand why they hardly react. They believe; if someone said something wrong about you, just laugh at him since you know who you really are. Don't fool yourself when you say obtuse words to someone and he make no comment, definitely that person has taken you as the greatest fool. You know, IF A MAD MAN TALKS TO YOU HE DESERVES NO ANSWER. This is another sign that the yorubas are blessed with great sagacity.
In term of dirtiness every ethnic group in a given country has its aspect of dirtiness, because dirtiness is mostly caused by poverty. Mention your tribe among those i've lived, stayed and make friends with, and I will tell you their disgusting and stinky aspect, in term of dirtiness...
((((( GOOD LUCK )))))
Re: Are Yoruba People Really Dirty? by mrperfect(m): 10:38pm On Dec 26, 2012
Whether truth or false, negative comment against any tribe is never a solution to anything. Just wondering how some people mind operates that they spend energy in something that is irrelevant.
Re: Are Yoruba People Really Dirty? by mAdBulleT(m): 3:57am On Dec 27, 2012
mrperfect: Whether truth or false, negative comment against any tribe is never a solution to anything. Just wondering how some people mind operates that they spend energy in something that is irrelevant.
either relevant or irrelevant, I spoke what I just noticed....

(1)

So Funny! At Last World's Tallest And Shortest Man Meets [SEE PHOTOS] / OMG!!! You Need To Read The Birthday Message (PHOTO) / Letter Urging Cai Yingwen And His Military And Political Leaders To Surrender

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.