Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,524 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Nigeria's 2012 Population Estimation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's 2012 Population Estimation (1217 Views)

North Not 80% Of Nigerian Population, Afenifere Replies ACF. / Boko-Haram Terrorism Increased Bauchi Population To 7 Million / Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's 2012 Population Estimation by Slizbeat(m): 2:34am On Dec 27, 2012
Is this a joke or what? Nigeria's estimated population for 2012 has showed that Nigerians has risen from 163 million people to 170 million people, making her position in world's most populated countries go up from the former 9th position to a whooping 7th position, displacing two countries down from their 7th and 8th position. With this growth rate, i guess Nigeria would be able to double herself in the next 25years to come though having a low life expectancy of 47-50years. Funny enough, all ethnic groups still retains their former percentages. Is this a conspiracy to keep a particular ethnic group at the top? Does this means that all ethnic group grows at a steady rate? Or is this just a mere wrong estimation where the former remains the same as the latter even when there are changes in the figure? Are they trying to steal votes against 2015 election so it would look like a particular region does not demand the votes of other regions to win? Well i guess we never had a pure and true value of the 2006 population census which makes the agenda n criteria of a particular region very easy to accomplish. Only time can tell sha, 2016 is yet another Census and 2014 is a 100 years since 1914 which quantifies the test period of a 100 years after amalgamation of North and South. What do you think about the figures? Right? Wrong? In doubt? Set up? Undecided?
Re: Nigeria's 2012 Population Estimation by Nobody: 3:07am On Dec 27, 2012
You guys should stop having babies like freaking energized bunnies. sheesh.

Family planning no dey?

Is it by force to have 8 children/family?

In this age and economy, no household should exceed more than 2 children.
Re: Nigeria's 2012 Population Estimation by Nobody: 3:16am On Dec 27, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Family planning no dey?

with all these wars/conflicts/bombings/diseases? my sister Africa needs more Men and Women ...we must outnumber any continents.
VIVA AFRICA LADIES AND GENTLEMEN NOT LESS THAN 5 kiss kiss kiss cool cool
Re: Nigeria's 2012 Population Estimation by Nobody: 3:20am On Dec 27, 2012
is the op nigerian ?
Re: Nigeria's 2012 Population Estimation by Slizbeat(m): 3:30am On Dec 27, 2012
tpia.:
is the op nigerian ?
Was wholely buh the status is shaking sumhw, am tryn 2 keep it stable though.
Re: Nigeria's 2012 Population Estimation by Nobody: 3:31am On Dec 27, 2012
so you can speak english in your signature, but not in your posts?
Re: Nigeria's 2012 Population Estimation by Nobody: 3:35am On Dec 27, 2012
i really envy Nigeria's population,the market is so big out there. cool cool.
Re: Nigeria's 2012 Population Estimation by Nobody: 3:36am On Dec 27, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: i really envy Nigeria's population,the market is so big out there. cool cool.
Dont envy something that is detrimental to its ppl.
Re: Nigeria's 2012 Population Estimation by Slizbeat(m): 3:38am On Dec 27, 2012
tpia.:
so you can speak english in your signature, but not in your posts?
Is anything wrong with the posts? Just some fractions of abbreviations which aint supposed to be abbreviated.
Re: Nigeria's 2012 Population Estimation by dayokanu(m): 3:39am On Dec 27, 2012
Merry Xmas Tpia
Re: Nigeria's 2012 Population Estimation by Nobody: 3:40am On Dec 27, 2012
Slizbeat: Is this a joke or what? Nigeria's estimated population for 2012 has showed that Nigerians has risen from 163 million people to 170 million people, making her position in world's most populated countries go up from the former 9th position to a whooping 7th position, displacing two countries down from their 7th and 8th position. With this growth rate, i guess Nigeria would be able to double herself in the next 25years to come though having a low life expectancy of 47-50years. Funny enough, all ethnic groups still retains their former percentages. Is this a conspiracy to keep a particular ethnic group at the top? Does this means that all ethnic group grows at a steady rate? Or is this just a mere wrong estimation where the former remains the same as the latter even when there are changes in the figure? Are they trying to steal votes against 2015 election so it would look like a particular region does not demand the votes of other regions to win? Well i guess we never had a pure and true value of the 2006 population census which makes the agenda n criteria of a particular region very easy to accomplish. Only time can tell sha, 2016 is yet another Census and 2014 is a 100 years since 1914 which quantifies the test period of a 100 years after amalgamation of North and South. What do you think about the figures? Right? Wrong? In doubt? Set up? Undecided?
shocked shocked shocked damn cry cry cry
Re: Nigeria's 2012 Population Estimation by BlackOyinbo: 6:27am On Dec 27, 2012
Frankly, I still don't believe Nigeria's population is up to N160million. Our census was politically motivated, rigged with countless irregularities.

I say this because, I served in Jigawa, where the population can rightly be described as sparse. However according to our last census, they're about N6million or so. What a joke.
Re: Nigeria's 2012 Population Estimation by Nobody: 6:35am On Dec 27, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Family planning no dey?

I support the castration of men in Nigeria especially in the eastern and northern part of the country.
Re: Nigeria's 2012 Population Estimation by TerryCarr(m): 10:35am On Jan 11, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: with all these wars/conflicts/bombings/diseases? my sister Africa needs more Men and Women ...we must outnumber any continents.
VIVA AFRICA LADIES AND GENTLEMEN NOT LESS THAN 5 kiss kiss kiss cool cool
that's bad since most African nations can't feed its own people

(1) (Reply)

Which Countries Supplied Ammunition For Biafra? / BREAKING : Police Block Amaechi From Entering Government House In Port Harcourt / Housing Provision: Ogun Hands Over Kobape 50-hectare Land To A Developer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.