Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,534 members, 7,837,051 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? (14287 Views)

Is Their Anything Special About First Class? / Salary For A Graduate Assistant In A Federal Polytechnic / Is A Graduate With Online Masters Employable In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by Serendipity: 12:44pm On Dec 27, 2012
hardbody:

With your level of written English, I am not surprised that people around you think you have done so well, you must be sandwiched among mediocres. Having said that, where I stay and even my immediate family have rolled out so many professionals and professors that no one will bat an eye lid at the fact that you just managed a first degree. As I write, I have two masters degrees but the only thing that counts for me is the fact they seem to notice I am fairly successful as a lawyer and at my age. Bottom-line is, distinguish yourself and people will celebrate you, acquisition of first degree stopped being a big deal years back. Every family has at least one graduate, so what da phock are you yapping about. I am so incensed now. Mtchewwwwwww
Nice post. It's just that it see-sawed from humility to smugness and complacency.
That word ''mediocre'' is grammatically aberrant. I will tell you why it is so if you want to know.
It should be stated emphatically that 'no one is immune to solecism'.
Nice post though!
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Dec 27, 2012
Serendipity:
Nice post. It's just that it see-sawed from humility to smugness and complacency.
That word ''mediocre'' is grammatically aberrant. I will tell you why it is so if you want to know.
It should be stated emphatically that 'no one is immune to solecism'.
Nice post though!

Lol
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by huninaija(f): 12:50pm On Dec 27, 2012
@OP being a graduate opens up doors of opportunity as opposed to if you were just a secondary school certificate holder.. Employers may be willing to employ you in diverse sectors, depending on the grade you achieved at the uni, ( in naija if you have connections)...

Whether you decide to pursue your field of study or embark on something else i.e. setting up a new business.. if this doesn't work out you always have your degree to fall back on.. These are just a few of the benefits of being a graduate...

I'm quite baffled as to why you even asked this rhetoric question in the first place? You're probably still an undergraduate in the first year looking for reasons as to why you should drop out of the uni, you better face your book and finish your degree...
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by CY09: 12:53pm On Dec 27, 2012
SamConquer: I am as bewilder as u are.i cant beleive is a graduate that wrote this giberish
lawd haff mercy shocked...gbagaun of the 1st order! grin
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by LesbianBoy(m): 12:54pm On Dec 27, 2012
In the land of the blind a one-eyed man is a king! I guess thats why your people are 'celebrating' you because you got a (ordinary) Bsc
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by plendil: 12:55pm On Dec 27, 2012
hardbody:

With your level of written English, I am not surprised that people around you think you have done so well, [semi-colon or full stop]you must be sandwiched among[between] mediocres [mediocrities]. Having said that, where I stay and even my immediate family have rolled [is it where you stay that rolled out. . .] out so many professionals and professors that no one will bat an eye lid at the fact that you just managed a first degree. As I write, I have two masters [master's] degrees but the only thing that counts for me is the fact [that] they seem to notice I am fairly successful as a lawyer and at my age. Bottom-line [bottom line]is, distinguish yourself and people will celebrate you, [full stop or semi colon]acquisition of first degree stopped being a big deal years back. Every family has at least one graduate, so what da phock are you yapping about. I am so incensed now. Mtchewwwwwww

what is unpardonably galling is to see those not any better making mouth. . .
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 27, 2012
It is special if it add value to your life, I bet your neighbours will place you where you belong if you can't address life challenges better, if you take to news stand criticizing government blindly and discussion football league every morning. Do something with your life even if there is no white collar job.
Keep adding value to your life, take professional courses, further your studies, improve your communication skill, develop interest in Nigerian economy, read books and catch fun. Wish all the best in life.
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by sexyfire911(f): 12:58pm On Dec 27, 2012
D people in ur street ar more of illetrate...
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by Nickydrake(m): 1:00pm On Dec 27, 2012
Yep, there definitely is something special about being a graduate. Your spelling improves. Haha
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by Akporugo247: 1:01pm On Dec 27, 2012
YOUNGKAHUNA: Its Thread Not Threat
gwuy ohh!! I nearly fall comot 3 bedroom flat abeg no kill me with laugh!!! Lol?
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by CY09: 1:02pm On Dec 27, 2012
SamConquer: My dear why dont you go on and tell me the '3 errors' u discover in my sentence..
More gbagaun!...SMH!
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by Serendipity: 1:08pm On Dec 27, 2012
Mpetempe: Nigerian Educational System Is In Huge Shambles. 95% Blames On Government.
Pardon me. But where is the indefinite article that should have preceded shambles-- shambles being a singular noun?
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by igbeke: 1:09pm On Dec 27, 2012
being a graduate?
very good.
but being a graduate in our type of country?
my dear 2 things r involved;
u end up getting a job or remain jobless.
in getting a job, 2 things r involved;
u either get a peanut paying job or a well paying one tru strong connections or by paying ur way tru.
if u r jobless, so many things r involved:
u come home disappointed after a fruitless day of jobhunt, sit down hoplessly 4 no food, sigh, brood and....
GOD HELP NIGERIA.
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by ignis: 1:14pm On Dec 27, 2012
YOUNGKAHUNA: There's Noting Spectacular Being A Graduate Moreover You Aint The First To Garduate In The World Or Are You?
He might be the first to graduate in their village and hence the upraor.
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by drexx(m): 1:18pm On Dec 27, 2012
galaxi:
keep quite fo..ol!!! U do not expect him 2b accurate because he is not writing an english examination,even the oyibo we imitating do not write correct spellings in dis kind of forums....4those english profs. that would want 2score my use of english,u can go n hug transformer down ur street cos i don't mind.
This is just a clear manifestation of your low intellectual capacity. The guy made a mistake my kid brother in Jss1 would never make in his life. Mistaking their for there is an unpardonable error for an ssce holder. What more of a graduate. I dont blame you though. Birds of the same feathers support each other. You must be as dumb as he is to defend him.
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by EmmyDe25(m): 1:20pm On Dec 27, 2012
Trojavirus: It is special if it add value to your life, I bet your neighbours will place you where you belong if you can't address life challenges better, if you take to news stand criticizing government blindly and discussion football league every morning. Do something with your life even if there is no white collar job.
Keep adding value to your life, take professional courses, further your studies, improve your communication skill, develop interest in Nigerian economy, read books and catch fun. Wish all the best in life.
Best advice so far... 9ce 1 bro.
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by maybel(m): 1:30pm On Dec 27, 2012
Sweetlemon:
And I can't believe you had the audacity to join those criticizing the op when there are over 3 different errors in just that single sentence of yours
My broda i tire o. Must he correct d guy.
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by maybel(m): 1:30pm On Dec 27, 2012
Sweetlemon:
And I can't believe you had the audacity to join those criticizing the op when there are over 3 different errors in just that single sentence of yours
My broda i tire o. Must he correct d guy?
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by Truckpusher(m): 1:32pm On Dec 27, 2012
YOU'RE RIGHT HERE MAKING CORRECTIONS AND YOU JUST ENDED UP MAKING AN UNIMAGINABLE CHEAP BLUNDER OF YOURS..."A UNIVERSITY GRADUATE HAS THE CHANCE THE SEEK A WHITE COLLAR JOB" ...I DON'T BLAME YOU SHA ! NIGERIANS AND THEIR OVERRATED EGO AND DELUSION OF GRANDEUR WHEN WE ARE NOTHING JUST LIKE ME.BUT , WHATEVER IT'S STILL A SENSELESS TOPIC TO BE ON THE FRONTPAGE
Okiki_Oluwa: Op, I advice you to moderate this thread and correct the (there & their) and change those abbrevated words.

A University graduate has the chance the seek a white collar job. That's if your GP is nice.
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by Dranatomy: 1:38pm On Dec 27, 2012
Technically, First degree is the only license to bein addressed a graduate...Diploma and other certificates does not make u a graduate...Get ur first degree if u think its possible and go for post graduate if possible!
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by Iaz93: 1:39pm On Dec 27, 2012
GospelRapper: It all boils dwn to the course u read...if you read medicine,law or psychology u wudn't be askin' dis question in the 1st place...there is notin special about graduates lik you (dis one's that can't spell very well even after graduating)
Sorry for you... Damn you!
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by Iaz93: 1:45pm On Dec 27, 2012
Lwkmd...serendipity just dey entertain me.... Hon. Patrick Jnr.
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by Iaz93: 1:48pm On Dec 27, 2012
Serendipity:
Nairalanders with their superciliousness and megalomania. Didn't you catch the guy's drift.
It's indubitable that the word graduate is used in the popular sense to mean 'one who has a varsity degree'
So why being pernickety overmuch.
*sneezes*
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by MissFab(f): 2:02pm On Dec 27, 2012
Yea! It does feel Gd‎​ to b a graduate! Its not an easy feat! So hell yea...feel special
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by wonlasewonimi: 2:07pm On Dec 27, 2012
sexyfire911: D people in ur street ar more of illetrate...

Do you live on his street?
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by segun2012: 2:11pm On Dec 27, 2012
James Lucia: the poster of this thread should correct the thread pls. IS THERE not is their. tnx for d correction.
and you wrote this as correction. Shame!!! Thread and not Threat.... "It's there" and not is there. Thank you. grin grin
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by bunmila(f): 2:15pm On Dec 27, 2012
EmmyDe25: Gud morning everyone... Hpe u al had a merrious christmas? I just graduated from one of d Nigerian universities, and ever since i got home; whch was about 2months ago, d level of treatment i receive frm pple in my street got me so dazed that i am beginning to feel so overrated... Now sum pple around dnt even care to knw my name, because they feel so comfortable calin me a graduate.... Cud rmmba a passed dae wen a lady came lukin 4 sum1 in my hse who she dosnt knw his name, only to be directed at my door cos she said d guy is a graduate...
To me i dont feel dia's anytin special abt bin a graduate cos i blv numberless of dem can be found roamin d strit buh d level at whch ds pple kips placing me continue to make me feel so elevated nd has practicaly left me in awe... D question nw is.. is dia anytin spectacular abt bin a graduate? Pls handle me gently cos i knw quite a noba of pple hia are so gud at usin acerbic/acidic statement... I beseech u.
EmmyDe typed in from Lagos.
If you as a gaduate are askin this question then you probably need to return to school
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by sauceEEP(m): 2:23pm On Dec 27, 2012
op hails from utonkom, that explains why he is being celebrated.
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by Lanreclassic(m): 2:33pm On Dec 27, 2012
PortHarcourtBoy:

Me I no know about others oh but me I dey one multinational for Port Harcourt

Na office I dey sef dey type my replies grin
Be grateful
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by BestmanNnamdi(m): 2:38pm On Dec 27, 2012
Sweetlemon:
My dear!
The tin don tire me! And to think that so many so-called graduates make this mistake!
They mistake there for their,
Here for hear,
Where for were
These for this
Waist for waste
Write for right
Proof for prove. Etc. Reading and comprehending simple essays has become a big problem now.
The level of education just keeps diminishing everyday. I wonder if there's still hope for our future generation. So pathetic!
we know but Have u not ever made mistake before?
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by Stallione(m): 2:44pm On Dec 27, 2012
Are u from kogi state,in mopa/muro local govt,a kind of place they can elevate u like dat,just like corpers
Re: Is There Anything Special About Being A Graduate? by JANK23H(m): 2:54pm On Dec 27, 2012
It's obvious your hood is backward,that's why you are a 'local champion'.I have a master degree and still nobody dey send me;like i dont exist.I'll advice you move out of there fast.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Mathematics Olympiad / Is There Any University That Can Give Admission To Her Second Choice Candidate? / Why Is Student's Loan Not Obtainable In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.