Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,629 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:10 PM

Talking While Taking Bath.good Or Bad? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Talking While Taking Bath.good Or Bad? (658 Views)

Rsust Cultural Day See What A Kalabari Student Wore, Good Or Bad? / Is Taking Care Of Your Parents Your Responsibility? / What Is The Nwa Baby Ashawo Song By Flavour N'abania Talking About? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Talking While Taking Bath.good Or Bad? by waleadex(m): 4:54pm On Dec 27, 2012
At age 10 or 11 I could remember one day when I was talking while having my bath and my dad's friend threatened to beat me if I ever repeat that again.I sticked to it until I became 22(home boiz days) when I would go into the bathroom with ipod and even miming songs.But today,it struck my mind again as I felt something about it.As a NLander,with the believe that we have intelligent people here on NL,I wish to throw this to the floor and share your views on this.I am a muslim but I don't want to post this on "Islam section" because I don't only what to see it from Islamic view.Below are some stuffs I got on the internet :
Men? – No
Women? – Whatever

For men, talking in the bathroom is strictly forbidden. As a general rule you may acknowledge the presence of others by slight nods of the head or monosyllabic grunts, if you feel ignoring them completely would be overly insulting. Otherwise you are to keep your mouth shut, do your business, and exit in an orderly fashion.

Now women on the other hand, you can probably ignore all that. You are taking so long in there we know you can’t possibly *just* be going to the bathroom, so you must be talking with the other 7 girls that went in there with you. Frankly us men haven’t got a clue what happens in those women’s bathrooms.

A Few Exceptions:

Small Children: If you are taking a small child to use a public bathroom, obviously you are going to need to talk to them. However, it is your duty to encourage them not to talk to anybody else while they are in there, to make sure they wash their hands, and to promote proper bathroom etiquette.
Really Old People: Bathroom etiquette is a dynamic and constantly changing field, and it’s possible that some elderly individuals have somewhat different ideas about proper etiquette than we generally agree with here at the ICBE. So if a kindly gentleman says hello to you at the sinks, feel free to say hello back. That’s okay. But if he pulls that crap at a urinal, forget about it.
Re: Talking While Taking Bath.good Or Bad? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 27, 2012
is this a public bath?

im lost.

(1) (Reply)

My Sisters Elaborate Traditional Wedding In New York / Igbo Scholar Disgraces Femi Fani-kayode / Have We Lost Our Minds?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.