Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Gov Amosun, What Have You Done To Us!!!!demolition Of Houses For 6 Lane See Pix - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Amosun, What Have You Done To Us!!!!demolition Of Houses For 6 Lane See Pix (1926 Views)

Gov. Amosun Controlling Traffic On Lag-ib Rd, King Sunny Ade Stops To Thank Him / Caption This Picture Of The PMB And Gov. Amosun. What Causes This Great Laugher / Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Amosun, What Have You Done To Us!!!!demolition Of Houses For 6 Lane See Pix by beatanoti: 5:09pm On Dec 27, 2012
Demolition of houses for 6 lane road in the boundary of lagos and ogun(Ota)

Ota (alternatively spelled Otta') is a town in Ogun State, Nigeria, and has an estimated 163,783 residents living in or around it Ota is the capital of the Ado-Odo/Ota Local Government Area.

Ota has the third largest concentration of industries in Nigeria.It also possesses a large market and an important road junction, found just north of the tollgate on the Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway. Ota is also well known as the home of former Nigerian president Olusegun Obasanjo's farm, the Canaanland compound of the megachurch Winners' Chapel, and the Africa Leadership Forum.

The Effect of the road construction to the people in ota.

When businesses are looking to expand, having a strong infrastructure is a great selling point,It also stimulates the economy.

Primary Effects

Reduced vehicle operating costs
fuel and lubricants
vehicle maintenance
depreciation and interest
overheads
Reduced journey time,drivers, passengers and goods

Changes in accident rates
Increased travel
Environmental effects
Change in value of goods moved

Secondary Effects
Changes in agricultural output
Changes in services
Changes in industrial output
Changes in consumers behaviour
***Changes in land and housing values

The reason for this tread is the highlighted secondary effect, changes in land and housing value, sincerely, I have been livng in ota for over 10 years, I know every part of it, It is a great thing the new government is taken this bold step to fix the long time abandoned road, to this effect the value of property will increase in value, more people will migrate to this area,If you share the same vision and will like to invest in this area, be free to get to me, 08056141985 or add bb pin:27FE5E0F. ADRAJ property can get you:

* Barren land.
* Housing property for sale or rent.

There are housing property, 3 bedroom for as low as 7m. call for more info
one and half land now available on that same road for sale, call me if you are interested.

You are free to share your thought if you know about this or you want to add more on the effect of this road construction in this area.

Re: Gov Amosun, What Have You Done To Us!!!!demolition Of Houses For 6 Lane See Pix by beatanoti: 5:11pm On Dec 27, 2012
more pix

Re: Gov Amosun, What Have You Done To Us!!!!demolition Of Houses For 6 Lane See Pix by benz33(m): 7:14pm On Dec 27, 2012
Oga are you accusing Gov AMOSUN OF OGUN STATE or AJIMOBI OF OYO STATE. Because Otta is located in Ogun State and Gov. AJIMOBI IS THE GOV. OF OYO STATE AND NOT OGUN STATE WHERE OTTA IS LOCATED. Regards
Re: Gov Amosun, What Have You Done To Us!!!!demolition Of Houses For 6 Lane See Pix by fxdee(m): 11:16pm On Dec 27, 2012
benz33: Oga are you accusing Gov AMOSUN OF OGUN STATE or AJIMOBI OF OYO STATE. Because Otta is located in Ogun State and Gov. AJIMOBI IS THE GOV. OF OYO STATE AND NOT OGUN STATE WHERE OTTA IS LOCATED. Regards

i almost correct him of the same thing....pls dont mislead the public..be ssure of the gov you are talking about.
Re: Gov Amosun, What Have You Done To Us!!!!demolition Of Houses For 6 Lane See Pix by beatanoti: 7:56am On Dec 28, 2012
benz33: Oga are you accusing Gov AMOSUN OF OGUN STATE or AJIMOBI OF OYO STATE. Because Otta is located in Ogun State and Gov. AJIMOBI IS THE GOV. OF OYO STATE AND NOT OGUN STATE WHERE OTTA IS LOCATED. Regards

thanks 4 d observation
Re: Gov Amosun, What Have You Done To Us!!!!demolition Of Houses For 6 Lane See Pix by beatanoti: 5:30pm On Dec 29, 2012
constructive thinking please
Re: Gov Amosun, What Have You Done To Us!!!!demolition Of Houses For 6 Lane See Pix by Maxymilliano(m): 8:17pm On Dec 29, 2012
beatanoti: constructive thinking please

All the pictures in your post is from the Ilo-Awela axis at the Toll Gate area of the State.

The demolition is to accommodate 4 lanes, and not 6 lanes.

Get your statistics right and stop peddling hear says.
Re: Gov Amosun, What Have You Done To Us!!!!demolition Of Houses For 6 Lane See Pix by dont8(m): 11:21pm On Dec 29, 2012
You're right, all the pics are from Ilo-Awela, but Ijoko Rd is also marked for demolition.
Maxymilliano:

All the pictures in your post is from the Ilo-Awela axis at the Toll Gate area of the State.

The demolition is to accommodate 4 lanes, and not 6 lanes.

Get your statistics right and stop peddling hear says.
Re: Gov Amosun, What Have You Done To Us!!!!demolition Of Houses For 6 Lane See Pix by Nobody: 7:13am On Dec 30, 2012
how will d road be expandd if dere s no demolitn?
d questn suld hav ben, ar d pple afectd well taken care of by d gvt?

1 Like

Re: Gov Amosun, What Have You Done To Us!!!!demolition Of Houses For 6 Lane See Pix by beatanoti: 11:02am On Dec 30, 2012
Thanks for your info, sincerely till now they have not been paid any compensation, only promises for now.
Re: Gov Amosun, What Have You Done To Us!!!!demolition Of Houses For 6 Lane See Pix by beatanoti: 11:26am On Jan 02, 2013
Morning all
Re: Gov Amosun, What Have You Done To Us!!!!demolition Of Houses For 6 Lane See Pix by jaso1(m): 12:32pm On Jan 02, 2013
Some Nigerians seem to have completely lost out the quality of life and the impact of infrastructural development.
I can’t imagine Nigerian criticizing project meant to enhance development and create vast employment.
Is only someone that is mentally sick utter such criticism and would be left unanswered simply because of his/her psycho condition.
There is a big problem in this country so people don’t know the impact of infrastructure development. This dormant brain is asking govt. to abandon the project pending the time those who lost their property get compensation.
You're to be living in the zoo!
Re: Gov Amosun, What Have You Done To Us!!!!demolition Of Houses For 6 Lane See Pix by Gbawe: 12:48pm On Jan 02, 2013
jas_o: Some Nigerians seem to have completely lost out the quality of life and the impact of infrastructural development.
I can’t imagine Nigerian criticizing project meant to enhance development and create vast employment.
Is only someone that is mentally sick utter such criticism and would be left unanswered simply because of his/her psycho condition.
There is a big problem in this country so people don’t know the impact of infrastructure development. This dormant brain is asking govt. to abandon the project pending the time those who lost their property get compensation.

My brother, don't you know that poverty, deprivation and suffering bastardizes mentality? Nowhere is that notion demonstrated more fluidly than in our dear country. I remember a thread regarding Fayemi improving the road infrastructure of Ekiti. Some called it a lie and asked for pictures. When shown pictures, they changed tactics to begin saying road infrastructure was not important and not priority. That was when I realised that some Nigerians are simply insane.

How can road infrastructure not be important or not priority for a nation with a very poorly developed transport sector to the extent road transport is virtually all we have? Which sector is not impacted upon by road infrastructure for crying out loud? My guy, just accept some of your fellow citizens are certified mad men who don't even recognise the madness emanating from some of the things they say.
Re: Gov Amosun, What Have You Done To Us!!!!demolition Of Houses For 6 Lane See Pix by beatanoti: 7:43pm On Jan 02, 2013
jas_o: Some Nigerians seem to have completely lost out the quality of life and the impact of infrastructural development.

Good thinking, but like I said we embrassed the development here, I only feel compensation should be made before demolition, moreover the thread is for people who will like to invest in this area as this road contruction will bring about massive development in the area when fully constructed.

Thanks for your post anyway, more expected from people, and dont forget to call me on 08056141985 if you need anything in that region.
Re: Gov Amosun, What Have You Done To Us!!!!demolition Of Houses For 6 Lane See Pix by MajeOfficial: 9:38pm On Jan 02, 2013
some people fear change, even if the change is development
Re: Gov Amosun, What Have You Done To Us!!!!demolition Of Houses For 6 Lane See Pix by passion007: 7:56am On Jan 03, 2013
beatanoti:

Good thinking, but like I said we embrassed the development here, I only feel compensation should be made before demolition, moreover the thread is for people who will like to invest in this area as this road contruction will bring about massive development in the area when fully constructed.

Thanks for your post anyway, more expected from people, and dont forget to call me on 08056141985 if you need anything in that region.
compensation would have been paid if the government was wrong.In Enugu, a similar demolition was made to dualize some roads and the government did not have to pay compensation because the land was government land planned for different purposes, but over the years, enterprising women and men built makeshift stores, houses and so on on the said land, even the sites where a public convenience and an incinerator and a park had been located when I was younger, had turned to a booming market for hairdressers, a row of stores and a hideout for criminals and addicts. My point is Nigerians also need to act responsible and respect government property.
Re: Gov Amosun, What Have You Done To Us!!!!demolition Of Houses For 6 Lane See Pix by beatanoti: 6:54pm On Jan 23, 2013
one and half land now available on that same road for sale, call me if you are interested.
Re: Gov Amosun, What Have You Done To Us!!!!demolition Of Houses For 6 Lane See Pix by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 23, 2013
Where is the 6 lanes road?

shocked

(1) (Reply)

Which State Have The Most Beautiful Firstlady? / Sanusi Lamido Is Nothing But A Bitter, Foolish Bigot / I’ll Fight Corruption More In 2014 – Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.