Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

If You Found Out Your Adopted Child Was Stolen? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If You Found Out Your Adopted Child Was Stolen? (4280 Views)

This Child Was Given Birth To 1hour Ago (pic) But !!!!!! / When Is The Best Time To Tell An Adopted Child The Truth About His Parentage? / Would You Support Your Adopted Children's Decision To Locate Their Birth Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Found Out Your Adopted Child Was Stolen? by Ndipe(m): 3:33am On Dec 28, 2012
After battling with infertility for a long time with your spouse, both of you finally reach an agreement to adopt a baby. Through an adoption agency, you are matched up with an adorable infant and there is an instant connection. You pay the adoption fees, legalize the paperwork and boom, take them home and raise them up in a normal and loving setting. Then five years down the road, you read a disturbing report in the papers of child abduction cases with photos of missing children. Beneath these pictures (including yours) is this question, "have you seen this child" and instantly know that it's your child.

What would you do? Meanwhile, your child is now five years old.
Meanwhile read this story below.
http://www.marketplace.org/topics/life/dark-side-chinese-adoptions

I have edited some parts of this discourse. Say this happened within the time frame of five years after the adoption?
Re: If You Found Out Your Adopted Child Was Stolen? by gbanikiti(m): 1:06pm On Dec 28, 2012
Confusion mode activated! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: If You Found Out Your Adopted Child Was Stolen? by slimyem: 1:34pm On Dec 28, 2012
Hmmn..
Sick things happen everywhere...
A real dilemma it is undecided
Re: If You Found Out Your Adopted Child Was Stolen? by Abujafood: 1:59pm On Dec 28, 2012
I'll do the right thing! Every sensible person knows what that is!
Re: If You Found Out Your Adopted Child Was Stolen? by Eneze1(f): 2:01pm On Dec 28, 2012
the beginning of wahala
Re: If You Found Out Your Adopted Child Was Stolen? by ndala(m): 2:03pm On Dec 28, 2012
I will just poision the child #shikena# mtn y na so na me be 8 to comment? cry
Re: If You Found Out Your Adopted Child Was Stolen? by DANILSA(m): 2:06pm On Dec 28, 2012
ndala: I will just poision the child #shikena# mtn y na so na me be 8 to comment? cry
SHEE I PROMISED YOU NO FIRST AGAIN tongue tongue tongue
Re: If You Found Out Your Adopted Child Was Stolen? by ndala(m): 2:08pm On Dec 28, 2012
DANILSA:
SHEE I PROMISED YOU NO FIRST AGAIN tongue tongue tongue
next time dey cool
Re: If You Found Out Your Adopted Child Was Stolen? by DANILSA(m): 2:11pm On Dec 28, 2012
NO CRIME WITH THE BABY, CONTINUES NORMAL LIFE
Re: If You Found Out Your Adopted Child Was Stolen? by Troll: 2:11pm On Dec 28, 2012
[size=13pt] OMG!? shocked I JUST FOUND OUT THAT MY ADOPTED IPHONE IS A STOLEN PROPERTY FROM ONE OYINBO MUGU IN THE U.K! DAYYUUUM!!! shocked

...ANYWAYS ME I GO KEEP AM SHA, MY OWN NA MY OWN, ALL JOIN grin [/size]

...#NowPlaying Lagbaja - Omo Jaye Jaye tongue
Re: If You Found Out Your Adopted Child Was Stolen? by ndala(m): 2:14pm On Dec 28, 2012
Troll: [size=13pt] OMG!? shocked I JUST FOUND OUT THAT MY ADOPTED IPHONE IS A STOLEN PROPERTY FROM ONE OYINBO MUGU IN THE U.K! DAYYUUUM!!! shocked

...ANYWAYS ME I GO KEEP AM SHA, MY OWN NA MY OWN, ALL JOIN grin [/size]

...#NowPlaying Lagbaja - Omo Jaye Jaye tongue
u be ewu angry

2 Likes

Re: If You Found Out Your Adopted Child Was Stolen? by greatgod2012(f): 2:27pm On Dec 28, 2012
Since it is legal and documentations are involved, one can involve his lawyer
Re: If You Found Out Your Adopted Child Was Stolen? by Born2beRich1(m): 2:34pm On Dec 28, 2012
You simply return the baby...shiekina
Re: If You Found Out Your Adopted Child Was Stolen? by Justicemy: 2:35pm On Dec 28, 2012
den de rightful owner must av taken him back
Re: If You Found Out Your Adopted Child Was Stolen? by Justicemy: 2:38pm On Dec 28, 2012
dude, de question u askd is a disgruntled one
Re: If You Found Out Your Adopted Child Was Stolen? by huninaija(f): 2:42pm On Dec 28, 2012
Tell the child the truth, and tell him you're not a kidnapper but he was kidnapped? I'm confused oo, i don't even know...

How will he even take it self, is the koko of the matter..
Re: If You Found Out Your Adopted Child Was Stolen? by dulphines: 4:23pm On Dec 28, 2012
It will be more difficult to handle if the child is unaware that he/she was adopted like in most cases in Nigeria. Else, the best thing to do is to update the adoptee of the latest and get legal assistance to make sure you don't face the wrath of the law. Finally, return what belongs to another; you will get consolation and be crowned foster daddy and mummy. grin grin
Re: If You Found Out Your Adopted Child Was Stolen? by OmoAlata(f): 4:29pm On Dec 28, 2012
Ndipe: Meanwhile, your child is now an adult.

If the 'child' is now an adult, then surely it is up to the 'child' to decide. You can't just palm off an adult anyhow undecided
Re: If You Found Out Your Adopted Child Was Stolen? by MeGaStReEt: 4:30pm On Dec 28, 2012
lock up
Re: If You Found Out Your Adopted Child Was Stolen? by Cupidkc(m): 4:40pm On Dec 28, 2012
That the child was stolen isnt the problem...the problem will only arise when the real parents now seeks custody of the child.
Re: If You Found Out Your Adopted Child Was Stolen? by TableLeg(m): 5:21pm On Dec 28, 2012
Give the child back ... It is as simple as that!
Re: If You Found Out Your Adopted Child Was Stolen? by bestower: 5:22pm On Dec 28, 2012
I swear u re the last MUGU if u definitely reveal the identity of the child,y on earth will u do that because u ve adopted the child legally, feed him,cloth him,cared for him,all of a sudden a GHOST appeared to be looking for him,no way abeg.
Re: If You Found Out Your Adopted Child Was Stolen? by bestower: 5:24pm On Dec 28, 2012
Table Leg :
Which child? tufiaka!
Re: If You Found Out Your Adopted Child Was Stolen? by Bluediamond1(f): 5:58pm On Dec 28, 2012
bestower: I swear u re the last MUGU if u definitely reveal the identity of the child,y on earth will u do that because u ve adopted the child legally, feed him,cloth him,cared for him,all of a sudden a GHOST appeared to be looking for him,no way abeg.
d most reasonable post so far.
Re: If You Found Out Your Adopted Child Was Stolen? by OmoAlata(f): 6:20pm On Dec 28, 2012
Table Leg :

The OP said the 'child' is now an adult .......... or didn't you read that bit? lipsrsealed
Re: If You Found Out Your Adopted Child Was Stolen? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 28, 2012
he/she will go all the way to Aso rock to demand an explanation from GEJ while the child was stolen grin grin
Re: If You Found Out Your Adopted Child Was Stolen? by JimmyBoy1: 6:42pm On Dec 28, 2012
This should not be a problem since the child is now adult, he is grown enough to decide whom to recognize as the de facto parent. If I were in the person's shoes, I will try and link the child to the biological pratents, because the child should know the truth. Morever, if the adopted parents had been truly loving to the child, he/she will still recognize them as his or her pareants, even after knowing the identity of the biological parents.
Re: If You Found Out Your Adopted Child Was Stolen? by abike12(f): 7:09pm On Dec 28, 2012
this one na double wahala o...
Re: If You Found Out Your Adopted Child Was Stolen? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 28, 2012
gbanikiti: Confusion mode activated! cheesy

LOL.
Re: If You Found Out Your Adopted Child Was Stolen? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Dec 28, 2012
Ndipe: After battling with infertility for a long time with your spouse, both of you finally reach an agreement to adopt a child. Through an adoption agency, you are matched up with an adorable infant and there is an instant connection. You pay the adoption fees, legalize the paperwork and boom, take them home and raise them up in a normal and loving setting. Then years down the road, you read a disturbing report in the papers of child abduction cases with photos of missing children. Beneath these pictures (including yours) is this question, "have you seen this child" and instantly know that it's your child.

What would you do? Meanwhile, your child is now an adult.

Meanwhile read this story below.
http://www.marketplace.org/topics/life/dark-side-chinese-adoptions

The story is somehow sha. I guess the adoptive parents just stumbled across an old daily, or did the biological parents just woke up to find their child missing when the baby is now an adult? Beats me!
Anyways, let's assume the news is recent and they recognise their baby in the missing children pictures, best thing is to simply ignore the news and carry on. What if they don't even recognise their adopted child in the pictures?
Re: If You Found Out Your Adopted Child Was Stolen? by Ndipe(m): 11:15pm On Dec 28, 2012
Child trafficking is rife in China where male kids are favored over female kids. And you know China is very strict that they have enacted a law on the one child policy whereby if you have more than one, you are fined. So, most parents are desperate to have a male child. And there are stories of kids being abducted and later on sold to unsuspecting couples eager to have a male child.

http://rendezvous.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/12/26/buy-sell-adopt-child-trafficking-in-china/
Re: If You Found Out Your Adopted Child Was Stolen? by Callotti: 6:17am On Dec 29, 2012
The will of 'God'!
Shikena!
'E' or She now has 2 sets of parents! kiss

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Truth About Being A Second Wife / Long Distance Marriage, How Do You Cope? / How Do I Collect My Money??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.