|Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 1,444,685 members, 2,385,747 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 October 2015 at 10:06 PM
Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ￼NFF Turns Soccer Mess Over To 13-member Committee (237 Views)
|￼NFF Turns Soccer Mess Over To 13-member Committee by channel190(m): 6:50am On Dec 28, 2012|
The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) on Thursday inaugurated a 13-member 2012/2013 Premier League Management Committee, charging it to resolve the lingering problems in the league before the commencement of the new season.
The president of the NFF, Alhaji Aminu Maigari said the members led by Nduka Irabor, a former Member of the House of Representatives and former newspaper editor, were chosen based on quality of experience, broad-mindedness, capacity, proven ability, painstaking virtues, love of the game and diligence and dedication, and urged them to “quickly and conclusively” resolve the issues.
“For avoidance of doubt, this is a national assignment of no mean significance,” he said. “The management of the top tier of the domestic League of any country has serious consequences for that nation’s football. None of the National Teams can be said to have been composed without players from the domestic League, and even those who play overseas start from the home front,” commending the members for accepting to serve the nation.”
He urged the committee to ensure that its work is guided by the rules and regulations, and by equity and good conscience.
“The nation is bigger than any single individual or corporate body, and it is the interest of the nation that we are talking about here,” he noted
In his response, the chairman of the committee, Hon. Nduka Irabor said it was an honour to be called to serve the nation, and pledged that the members would do their best to redress all the issues hindering the development of the Premier League.
Full List of the Members:
1. Hon. Nduka Irabor - Chairman
2. Hon. Sabo Babayaro - Vice Chairman
3. Mallam Salisu Abubakar - Member
4. Mrs Modele Sarafa-Yusuf - Member
5. Mr. Mike Enahoro - Member
6. Mr. Kunle Elebute - Member
7. Mr. Shehu Dikko - Member
8. Amb. Nwankwo Kanu - Member
9. Barr. Ifeanyi Dike - Member
10. Barr. Seyi Akinwunmi - Member
11. Hon. Abubakar Nuhu Dan Buran - Member
12. Mr. Mike Idoko - Member
13. Mr. Tunji Babalola - Secretary
Terms of Reference
1. Organise the 2012/2013 League.
2. Review all contractual obligations of the NPL, including TV and Sponsorship rights.
3. Develop strategy and facilitate the reform of the League towards achieving profitability.
4. Review existing rules and guidelines for the election into NPL Board
5. Develop new standards for players’ contracts and welfare.
6. Any other relevant matter(s) the Committee may deem necessary
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2015 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46