Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:50 AM

How To Start A Business As A Corps Member - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How To Start A Business As A Corps Member (15114 Views)

Nairaland Congratulates All 2015/2016 Batch A Corps Members Passing Out Today / NYSC Important Notice To All Prospective 2016 Batch A Corps Members / Corps Member Chokes Girlfriend Over Rival In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by nas4q(m): 8:46am On Dec 28, 2012
The best time to start any business is when one has become a corps member.

The worst challenge of youth in the area of business is capital and now that the federal allowance has been increased to N19,800, corps members must use d money for tangible investments because after your service year u may not have such opportunity of getting regular income thanks to d increased level of unemployment in the country.

The essence of this thread is to enlighten u on business opportunities one can venture into that will maximise the money collected during service and enable the corps member to expand and become financially independent while waiting for other opportunities just as I have done and it's working for me.

Now you can also try some of these tricks and see. Let's go...

4 Likes

Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by nas4q(m): 9:02am On Dec 28, 2012
Do u know dat the community u were posted to have needs which might not necessary be available to them? Do u know that u can make money meeting those needs? Do u know that as a corps member u get more business patronage than an illiterate doing business to survive? Do u know that some of these needs can be met without spending a dime just a bit of your time and knowledge? Do u know u can use some of the advices given on technology and mobile phones from nairaland and naijaloaded to make cash? Do you know that any corps member doing business in the village tends to grow faster than one in the city? Do u know u can make money thru the desire to make money alone? Do u know that u could use your four months allowances to make money from the upcoming nations cup in south africa?

If you have been wondering how, u will find practical solution to all these questions. No ebook, no emails and no external sites. All i need is your attention and encouragements. Welcome onboard...

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by nas4q(m): 10:58am On Dec 28, 2012
Double post
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by nas4q(m): 1:27pm On Dec 28, 2012
For prospective corps members, u can decide to buy some general stuff that u think you'd need in camp. It is normal that many won't come with it or don't have enough money to buy those stuff. Things like recharge cards, white socks, white tee shirts, novels, books, air freshners, mobile phones etc. While in camp i went with duplicate stuff.

In d camp, recharge card sells fast. A unit at N95. One is bound to make up to 6k profit in camp selling recharge cards to their fellow corps members. I've personally seen corps members do it. Also d issue of socks and white tee shirts especially during raining season. One will need to have as many as possible and u can make money supplying it to other corps members.

Many of us have used novels in d house that are so much. One can sell those and make profits from it. E.g those novels in ikeja are sold for N100 to 200. In camp it is sold for about 400# per book. So it is easy to make legal money from it while enjoying your service.
Corps members in the orientation camp can also make money snapping and printing digital passports and photographs. Many corps members go wit digital camera to d camp but not photograph printer. If u can invest 20k on it u can use it to make money in the camp and also during your passing out ceremony. If you are out of camp, you can visit d camp again if your PPA is not far from it. For you to perfectly succeed you need to be the social type and you'd be suprised at the outcome. What many lack is preparation but now that you are aware never u go to d camp empty handed. Next is how to make money in your PPA...

4 Likes

Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by meerah25(f): 11:34pm On Dec 28, 2012
Great!
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by nas4q(m): 7:51am On Dec 29, 2012
meerah25: Great!
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by nas4q(m): 9:17am On Dec 29, 2012
Good morning and welcome back. Many corps members are at their various base enjoying their christmas and new year break while few refused to travel and stayed back and engage in one or two things that would enrich their pocket.

Many corps members would regard such colleagues as not outgoing and maybe they were jazzed by their concubines so they wouldn't be able to travel as such. That is not d case. Some were indeed jazzed but others were engaging in some lucrative businesses that some could not realize. Perhaps many will notice that the population of those posted to rural areas are far more than Those posted to urban areas.

Corps members posted to rural areas should consider themselves very lucky in that there are more wants in the rural areas than the urban because of little supply. As a young corps member, you can capitalize on this and make the supplies and making profits in the process.

Many of us have friends and families that own various businesses. Have you ever thought of taking those things to your PPA and market to the residents. I will be giving alot of examples here...

There's a friend of my dad that deals with sale of belgium phones. I explained to him to give me some phones to market. Surprisingly, he gave me about five phones. That was last year. I also met one of the guys i normally buy novels from in ikeja and bought as many as I could read.

Going back to my PPA, I always flaunt the phones and people would admire d phones in the community. Each time I will tell them "Na market o" and instantly they will start having a look. Some will prize and later come back for the one they like and make purchase.

At times, i will gain one thousand or two on each phone. Before u know, i start getting referals and request for original batteries, chargers and other brands of phones.

What i did was to pay to my dad's friend account number for some more. I will normally pay half of the total purchase and then asked the goods to be given to some of my corper friends that do travel regularly and i get it and sold to corps members in local government council during clearance and cds.

At times i will get calls to supply a kind of phone and i did. I assure you that you too can try it and see how amazed you will be. It could be anything, it's just how you go about it that matters alot.

4 Likes

Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by DGranite(m): 12:17pm On Dec 29, 2012
Am in luv with this thread, u guys r doing a gud job here pls i nid more.
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by CrazyMan(m): 1:18pm On Dec 29, 2012
Good write up man...keep it up.
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 29, 2012
@ OP The profits to all the biz u mentioned here are too low.. Cool tho for some peeps.
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by An0nimus: 2:03pm On Dec 29, 2012
*subscribing*
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by Uchenna42(m): 2:12pm On Dec 29, 2012
Cool

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 29, 2012
thtz a gud one..
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by BANGASOUP1: 2:16pm On Dec 29, 2012
who cares,pass me d ginger boooo
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by Borlahr(m): 2:19pm On Dec 29, 2012
Ain't u aware or have u forgotten that there are limitations to the things or properties that u're expected or allowed to take into the camp? Like in my camp then (Umudi, Imo State) unneccesary or excessive properties were not allowed. Then,the code of conduct of NYSC does not allow for anything that could bring distraction or break in concentration to the Scheme within the 3 wks orientation. Moreso, the inconveniences to extra-luggage will count on you on the day of your passing out at the Camp. I'm not contradicting you but making things clearer for intending Corps Member
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by bigfat: 2:21pm On Dec 29, 2012
[size=15pt]what is easy nothing in this life but we gat to try ....[/size]
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 29, 2012
You guys are lucky when I served we were paid 9775 but I managed. After camp, my place of primary assignment gave us a token for accomodation but I already had accomodation so I decided to invest the money.

It was december and I bought about 75 broilers for #800 from a farm and sold them in my office between 1500-1700. I made a huge profit that I ventured into another profitable business.

The aim of my story is to advice corp members to be wise spenders, the jobs are not there, engage in something while stil serving, sell shoes, bags, clothes,learn interior decoration, bead making, poultry etc and you will never regret.

I wish you all the best

5 Likes

Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 29, 2012
Officially in love with a Nairaland thread!

OP i feel u. U just triggered it! Tanx!
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by albert2512: 2:56pm On Dec 29, 2012
this is really good smiley. inspiring
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by pink4: 3:32pm On Dec 29, 2012
thank u verrrrrrry much nas4 and nnnne.u v just made my day.
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by Goldenheart(m): 4:22pm On Dec 29, 2012
ok...

Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by timisnup(m): 5:04pm On Dec 29, 2012
Brb
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by excelsiorfarm(m): 5:36pm On Dec 29, 2012
corpers it is important to know that d period of youth service isnt really a break,but a time where u have to work & envision towards your goal in future(if u have one).D skill acquisition program should be taken seriously,because it is not your credentials that count but what can you offer?Thank God allowee is 19800,when i served i got 3500+1000 from where i was posted to(kebbi agricultural & rural development authority kalgo ) kebbi state.
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by excelsiorfarm(m): 5:47pm On Dec 29, 2012
now that you have more,u can plan what u have to start something.This post is more essentially for corpers to benefit.It is when u had finished your service & return home that u will understand that 1Year(though i call it free time) could have been use to enhance yourself.Then what can u do-if u are a computer graduate u can be doing repairs,assembling of system & servicing(this one u might only need to print a biz card & do hand bill,at most u spend 10000 & u are in business)

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by solape001(m): 5:48pm On Dec 29, 2012
That's very wonderful am also planning to start mine when I resume back. thanks for d morale.
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by excelsiorfarm(m): 6:08pm On Dec 29, 2012
U claim to be an engineer,that is great,if mechanical ,do print yr own biz card & go to ministries for vehincle servicing jobs.ıf civil or architect,u can go to institution requesting for property maintenance & beautification or upgrade.if u read guidance & counselling,great u are on your path to fortune,go to schôols with proposal that u help advise their students on career choices,path to responsibilites etc,if u charge say 10000 naira,many schools with jump at it(in some caşes u offer to do it free &
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by Ltrust(m): 6:15pm On Dec 29, 2012
@Poster,
Though ur tread is useful but many things like understanding the culture, language and need of the village is the first. You are a stranger if you can't speak their language.
Anyway keep on your good work.It only infuences but never determine. In spite, I rule you in order.
Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 29, 2012
If you are 'lucky' to get posted in a rural area(people run away from those rural area but I tell you that after service some people go back to their parents broke while if you are sensibe you start a major business from your profits in the rural area) dnt be discouraged enjoy yourself.

Environment where electricity is scarce you can buy a smaller gen, build sockets where people can charge phones and they pay a certain amount per hour. And may be u can later add d sale of fairly used fones and their accessories.

Guys love playing video games,I dnt know how they do it but when I was serving people paid money to play game in a guys shop. ( It must not be a rented shop even a wood shop would do.

You could also start a lesson class. Children in rural areas would agree to attend especially when is a 'corper' and I tell you parents would be grateful and would pay any amount.

For those of you who have skills in shoe making, bags, hat making etc organise a class and teach them how to make some of those things. Youths in rural areas wants to be self employed what better way to teach them and also make money apart from what I just said?

God will bless the works of your hands when you work hard.

5 Likes

Re: How To Start A Business As A Corps Member by mcsunny03yahoocom(m): 6:19pm On Dec 29, 2012
@op:thanx 4 dis great thread.intending corp membas can plan on hw to b financially free.u can buy as many bathing buckets,bailer,sponge,white t-shirts & shots,even polls for d ladies all ds are hot selling goods.u can tk ds stuffs to d camp a day b4 d camp opens then a day afta d opening of d camp u go for ur registration.shikena

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch / NYSC KHAKI And Accessories / Plateau State Stream 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.