Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,922 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! (40598 Views)

Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane / Lagos Plane Crash: List Of Passengers & Survivors / Traveling To Ghana Via Abc Transport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by TRUTHTELA: 1:33pm On Dec 29, 2012
By Monday, all those hoodlums will flood Nairaland, to come and blab about how they're better than others, in a 21st century, CRAP like this ain't suppose to be happening.Worse of it all, NO COMPENSATION, NO LAW ENFORCEMENT, NO SAFETY, etc, just as U will hear in Afghan or Somalia and yet, one GREAT IDIOT will say Nigeria is not a FAILED state. Sorry for those that suffered this trauma. That's the UGLY realities of living in a JUNGLE, ANYTHING GOES!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by OmolodMilkman93(m): 1:39pm On Dec 29, 2012
otokx: Air travel still remains one of the safest means of transportation
2governors down, plane falling frm sky?
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by Onyeoma3: 1:52pm On Dec 29, 2012
okpara ugo:

Is this acting or something else You people should write a letter to their CEO/management detailing these things signed by a lawyer...

I used to respect that company due to the careful driving/speed control displayed by their drivers.

Oga,pls read carefully before U̶̲̥̅̊ start replying,don't be blinded by sentiments.He neva mentioned the name of any Transport company. I doubt any such news will emanate from ABC Transport.
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by ellab(f): 1:55pm On Dec 29, 2012
YOU KNOW,I LAUGH AT THE STUPIDITY THAT SOME OF YOU POST HERE...
THE STORY IS SO TRUE BECAUSE MY MOTHER AND BROTHER WERE VICTIMS...NOW IF UR SAYING IT CANNOT HAPPEN BECAUSE OF THE REPUTATION OF ABC THEN YALL NEED TO INVESTIGATE IT YOURSELVES RATHER THAN DRAW CONCLUSIONS...THIS INCIDENT HAPPENED ON FRIDAY AROUND 2AM...

2 Likes

Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by knowledge4(m): 1:59pm On Dec 29, 2012
If this story is true, i am shocked that ABC has descended to this level.
I do not believe it. It can not be true.
ABC is a respected transport company and one of the best in Nigeria in terms of courtesy to clients,passenger comfort,accident-free trips and other indices. While working at Owerri, it was my favorite and the only one i traveled in to and fro Lagos fortnightly for 4 years. I made over a hundred trips via ABC and I was never disappointed, not even for once.
However, the last time i traveled via ABC was September 2008 as i have relocated to Lagos.
Why was the robbery not reported to the police by the driver/passengers immediately after the incident?
ABC Management,please investigate this complaint.
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by Onyeoma3: 1:59pm On Dec 29, 2012
In the land of the blind, one eyed man is the leader...after all said and done,ABC Transport still remains the best and most organised Transport company in Nigeria considering their near 0% accident/casualty rate year in-year out,other minor shortcomings notwithstanding(N̶̲̥̅̊Ơ̴̴͡ one has it all)...simple and short,come rain come sunshine...
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by eaglechild: 2:00pm On Dec 29, 2012
Chinwem:

I beg to differ
My position remains unchanged as per my initial post.
Wrong use of 'naive' here as far as i m concerned. And actually Sir, someone is defending the company. I do not need you to agree with me .
Guess the use of 'naive' was rather brash.
I just wanted u to have a less biased view.
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by zubixlen(m): 2:03pm On Dec 29, 2012
ABC Trans coy is living on past glory.Things have gone from bad to worse in terms of their services.I saw the. Said bus left their owerri terminal 20mins or so after we arrive from lagos (1.12am) on 28th Dec. We left their Oshodi terminal around 9.30am on the. 27th(bus was supposed to depart by 8am). On reaching benin the bus developed fan belt fault and after an hour we left b
Benin and before we reach the onitsha bridge the same bus developed another fault but finally we were able to make it to their onitsha terminal around 10.42pm.by this tyme the owerri bound passengers were raising hell and the mgt decided to give us another bus to owerri. 20mins after the bus broke down @ ozubulu. They managed to fix it and we arrived owerri by 1.12am on the 28th. Abc shuld pls change their rickety buses with new ones cus passengers are paying dearly for it.
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by ellab(f): 2:07pm On Dec 29, 2012
Now,according to my brother(who was also a victim)they got 2 Owerri around 9:30/10pm on Thursday Night and he was wondering why he driver stopped the Bus when PH city was just 2-3hrs away.When they asked the driver about the problems of the bus,he just told the passengers that the bus has a problem and they won't be able to move that night...So the passengers never bothered to press further.
Around 2am in the mid-night,they heard noises approaching and then they came towards the Bus.They entered the bus and told every one to drop a phone and money in a bag that they provided.After they did so,they still went ahead to tell the passengers to leave the bus and enter the bus(they did so).The robbers entered the bus and ransacked every belongings.And later took the the driver aside to talk to them.According to my Bro,the driver was so calm with everything.All passengers entered the bus and there,so many items were lost.
While he bus started moving,The bus stopped again,this time the conductor and driver talked outside for 30mins b4 continuing their Journey.When they Got To PH,a woman held the drivers neck but they were seperated,The ABC management told the Passengers to Come back around 10 to settle The case.
When They went Back,they said The driver was innocent and the passengers shouldn't blame their staffs.
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by ellab(f): 2:12pm On Dec 29, 2012
LIKE I SAID EARLIER,JUST BECAUSE ABC PLC HAS A REPUTATION DOESN'T MEAN THINGS DON'T CHANGE OVER A PERIOD OF TIME...
THIS STORY IS SO TRUE AND THERE R SOME WHO WILL DEFEND ABC TILL DEATH AND SOME WHO WILL THINK THE STORY iS FALSE...ITS ALL UP TO YOU TO DECIDE WHICH TRANSPORT TO TAKE.
A WORD IS ENOUGH for THE WISE.
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by fm7070: 2:39pm On Dec 29, 2012
ABC transport is company is quack, unprofessional, unsafe, not customer friendly. Even some smaller transport company are better than them
It happened that I decided to try them on a trip to Ghana for the first time. It started with unecessary delay, the driver took us to where they wanted to get diesel, wasted almost 2hrs.
Another thing was that, a woman with psychological problem was boarded and that gave us tough time on the road.
When we got to somewhere between okomaiko and agbara, the woman stood up and shouted, "she wanted to get down, some people wanted to kill her, and so on, at first I was scared but later summoned courage.
To my utmost surprise, a staff of ABC in the bus said "the one they carried yesterday was tougher than her" that means that they have been transporting people that are not mentally with other persengers without taking proper precautionary measure
A lady was almost squizzed up in the bus that day.
I've vowed never to use their facility anymore.
Beware!
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 29, 2012
I am sorry for not have responded to some of the questions asked. I had been trying to uncover who the driver is through the bus departure/arrival time, plus the route given by the poster initially.

I want to personally apologise to those affected by this and to those whose relations were involved, pls kindly bear with ABC transport plc, its really an unfortunate scene. ABC trans plc have a policy that doesn't allow their drivers to continue journey once its 10pm to avoid incidents like this, that was y the driver didn't continue with PH movement when it was close to 10pm.

What I am yet to understand is where the driver parked the bus, pls can anyone tell us where exactly that the driver parked when they got to owerri? Wasn't it at ABC terminal at owerri? Pls do update us, thanks.

When I referenced that ABC is no longer a one man business but a plc listed on the Nigeria Stock Exchange with shareholders, I only meant to use that piece of information to enlighten us that ABC has built trust for itself to have attained that height because not all businesses can get such trust from people to invest via shares. But then, there will always be bad staff even though ABC strives to employ the best graduates.

ABC transport plc is not just an ordinary transport coy like the many we have in Nigeria, it is a world class transport coy with customer satisfaction and safety at its helm of affairs.

We would remember that ABC redefined transportation business in Nigeria and took it away from touts and agberos. ABC rarely record arm robbery incidents, and very rare accident cases, courtesy of their proper speed control systems.

We as Nigerians need to be more patient with unforeseen bad situations like this, yes it is a pathetic situation, and ABC top management and major stakeholders snare at this incident, and I promise you that driver won't go unpunished for endangering the lives of passengers even though there might be pretence that he would go scold-free, he won't. The driver may not be sacked as many would love to hear, but a hot query means a lot to any employee.

Why I talked abt patience is this: we all could recall when SOSOLISO, ChaChangi, ARIK, etc airlines where crashing, all Nigerians started screaming I won't fly again, I won't board Arik again, forgetting that moments of dark always exist in life, business, marriage, relationship, academics, governance, etc. Believe me, this incident is a rare case in ABC, pls dnt be scared by the danger alert.

Generally, most Nigerians have bad attitude towards their customers, especially if they are not the owner of the business, they often don't care cos it won't affect them directly. Who knows the relationship bw the management personnel the passengers complained to and the driver? I have once had bad customer service experiences with some reputable banks here, that doesn't mean I won't bank with them anymore, I will only complain like you guys did and hope for a better service tomorrow, which ABC will keep working hard to offer to its customers at all cost.

I thank God there is no loss of life, God is great, please you all should find it in your hearts to forgive and forget. ABC truly care about its customers. You maybe wondering who I am, pls I am not a staff of ABC, but I am a directly concerned person, I hope we all would understand. Thank you once again, its really a sad news.
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by c33b33(m): 3:15pm On Dec 29, 2012
kaorama: You guys deserve it all. After d robbery, u all entered d bus and continued ur journey, shee? U couldn't deall with d driver approriately? I suggest all d passengers should be detained and questioned.
So after the robbery they should have trekked?eh?Some manner of thinking is alarming!
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 29, 2012
DailyNews: I am sorry for not have responded to some of the questions asked. I had been trying to uncover who the driver is through the bus departure/arrival time, plus the route given by the poster initially.

I want to personally apologise to those affected by this and to those whose relations were involved, pls kindly bear with ABC transport plc, its really an unfortunate scene. ABC trans plc have a policy that doesn't allow their drivers to continue journey once its 10pm to avoid incidents like this, that was y the driver didn't continue with PH movement when it was close to 10pm.

What I am yet to understand is where the driver parked the bus, pls can anyone tell us where exactly that the driver parked when they got to owerri? Wasn't it at ABC terminal at owerri? Pls do update us, thanks.

When I referenced that ABC is no longer a one man business but a plc listed on the Nigeria Stock Exchange with shareholders, I only meant to use that piece of information to enlighten us that ABC has built trust for itself to have attained that height because not all businesses can get such trust from people to invest via shares. But then, there will always be bad staff even though ABC strives to employ the best graduates.

ABC transport plc is not just an ordinary transport coy like the many we have in Nigeria, it is a world class transport coy with customer satisfaction and safety at its helm of affairs.

We would remember that ABC redefined transportation business in Nigeria and took it away from touts and agberos. ABC rarely record arm robbery incidents, and very rare accident cases, courtesy of their proper speed control systems.

We as Nigerians need to be more patient with unforeseen bad situations like this, yes it is a pathetic situation, and ABC top management and major stakeholders snare at this incident, and I promise you that driver won't go unpunished for endangering the lives of passengers even though there might be pretence that he would go scold-free, he won't. The driver may not be sacked as many would love to hear, but a hot query means a lot to any employee.

Why I talked abt patience is this: we all could recall when SOSOLISO, ChaChangi, ARIK, etc airlines where crashing, all Nigerians started screaming I won't fly again, I won't board Arik again, forgetting that moments of dark always exist in life, business, marriage, relationship, academics, governance, etc. Believe me, this incident is a rare case in ABC, pls dnt be scared by the danger alert.

Generally, most Nigerians have bad attitude towards their customers, especially if they are not the owner of the business, they often don't care cos it won't affect them directly. Who knows the relationship bw the management personnel the passengers complained to and the driver? I have once had bad customer service experiences with some reputable banks here, that doesn't mean I won't bank with them anymore, I will only complain like you guys did and hope for a better service tomorrow, which ABC will keep working hard to offer to its customers at all cost.

I thank God there is no loss of life, God is great, please you all should find it in your hearts to forgive and forget. ABC truly care about its customers. You maybe wondering who I am, pls I am not a staff of ABC, but I am a directly concerned person, I hope we all would understand. Thank you once again, its really a sad news.
hmmm oga. U say u are not a staff but you seem to be more concerned about the reputation of the company that about the injustice meted to the passengers. Moreover you seem to know much about the internal workings of the company for a non staff. #just saying
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by knowledge4(m): 3:44pm On Dec 29, 2012
If the story is true, why have the poster and other victims not reported to the police?
The story must be fake.
ABC remains the best transport company in Nigeria.
Road robberies also affect other transport companies, so that is not strange if an ABC bus falls victim.Even that is very rare with ABC. My over 100 trips via ABC on the Lagos -Owerri route were night journeys and the buses were never stopped by robbers on the notorious route especially the Ore-Onitsha portion.
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by OmoTier1(m): 3:50pm On Dec 29, 2012
[size=28pt]THE YOUNG SHALL GROW !!![/size]
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by OmoTier1(m): 3:51pm On Dec 29, 2012
knowledge4: If the story is true, why have the poster and other victims not reported to the police?
The story must be fake.
ABC remains the best transport company in Nigeria.
Road robberies also affect other transport companies, so that is not strange if an ABC bus falls victim.Even that is very rare with ABC. My over 100 trips via ABC on the Lagos -Owerri route were night journeys and the buses were never stopped by robbers on the notorious route especially the Ore-Onitsha portion.
Which police? ..eyi.. Nigeria Police is I mean.. is is... oh dear don't even go there!
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 29, 2012
travelling from makurdi to Ilorin? dont ever try benue links. i swear, i fit run pass their buses..
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by oobim(m): 4:00pm On Dec 29, 2012
If I aint flying or driving myself,ABC is d only trans coy I board n feel safe.Suprised readn ds story.
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by uglyBetty1(f): 4:51pm On Dec 29, 2012
Hmmmmm, I have been travelling with ABC transport from PH to Enugu for long. I had one experince with them, the bus we were travelling in had no AC and the passengers insisted that the bus would go to Owerri and that we should be given another bus because some ppl said they were allergic to dust. We got to owerri, after series of delay we were given another bus. Why I like Abc is because they don't speed but I can't take ABC on a long journey to places like Lagos or Abuja because I know I will definetly sleep on d road.

ABC has it's up and down but it's good for road travel, but if you are in a hurry, don't use ABC.
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by excellentmomma(f): 5:26pm On Dec 29, 2012
DailyNews: I am not a staff but I know all what you are talking about, and I will kindly brief you for better info

E be like say u be Dee Frank, lolz!!!, udo diri gi sir, a na m ekele o
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by Samxiulee: 5:51pm On Dec 29, 2012
Bigotry is a big challenge for we Nigerians,really,op reported an incidence and some people are already insinuating that op is a competitor trying to bring down the image of the coy,but what if the story was true due to some inexplicable reason?
I have never used any of this buses,I don't av first hand knowledge of their customers services mainly because I rarely travel,I avoid travelling as much as I can especially Nigerian roads,they are Russian roulette.
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by cr8v(f): 6:53pm On Dec 29, 2012
If this is true then its unfortunate becos I've always rated the non-tout services of ABC as the best in the country. I still can't see any to compare with it even if this allegation is true. Ifesinachi? Worst!! I left my money wt them last time I was coming to Lagos from Abakaliki. They driver stopped at Delta and spent 4 hours looking for passengers, I had to come down and board another vehicle as they refused to give me back my money
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by Ikbobby(m): 6:59pm On Dec 29, 2012
I was part of the victims that experienced this, it was a tragic moment, I lost a lot of money with other belongings same with the other passengers. THIS IS A TRUE STORY.
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by ugsams(m): 7:28pm On Dec 29, 2012
I don't doubt this story as I have witnessed a delayed trip from ABC travelling from Lagos to Port-Harcourt on the 26th of December 2010 and ever since then I made up my mind to not patronise them again. Thank God we weren't robbed although we had to stop because of a robbery that happened few metres away from us around Amorka. We left Lagos around 7 am and got to Imo state by 10pm, in our case the vehicle was faulty and they couldn't change it for us.
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by dulphines: 7:42pm On Dec 29, 2012
Trust Nigerians, the passengers may hv had divided opinion whether to stop or proceed 2 PH. Majority will support and abuse d few that objects. "una too dy fear like woman, driver carry go!" nw there's an incident, d driver bags all d blame. Unfortunate experience though.
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by otokx(m): 7:48pm On Dec 29, 2012
so it appears the story is actually true, the passengers should have deflated all the tires and reported to the police and any media house.
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by otokx(m): 7:52pm On Dec 29, 2012
dulphines: Trust Nigerians, the passengers may hv had divided opinion whether to stop or proceed 2 PH. Majority will support and abuse d few that objects. "una too dy fear like woman, driver carry go!" nw there's an incident, d driver bags all d blame. Unfortunate experience though.
on point and normally the case but the driver should have done the right thing and parked the bus at the terminal in Owerri.
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by yuzedo: 8:07pm On Dec 29, 2012
Worst transporters! Totally overhyped and completely unprofesional.

Had to be in PH late october, as man no get money for flight i say make i follow ABC, after all they used to be very highly rated (plus i prayed there'd be fine babes in the bus undecided), departure time slated for 6.30am turned to 11am we left lagos. Got to PH by past twelve. They refunded us N300 because they weren't gonna put on the AC..
Not even HALF a fine girl was on that bus...

My people, the next time i use ABC, make i shoe bend! angry
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by feelgood(m): 8:26pm On Dec 29, 2012
I have gone through all the responses to my post. The story is true. The bus left Abuja at 7.15am on thursday 27th Dec. Aside the over 3hrs traffic jam from Asaba to Onitsha, questionable stops were the ones between Onitsha and Owerri due to supposed mechanical problems that were not physically attended to. The bus stopped at the Owerri terminus early hours of Friday 28th. Dear dailynews, the bus number and driver name is not difficult to ascertain - it was the 1st executive express (Abuja - PH) for that day.
To the posters who claim I lied or I'm fronting for a competitor - may you never experience a robbery attack. I'm not new to nairaland and a run through my profile will assure you that I'm not into making spurious allegations. Why didn't the ABC mgt at PH investigate and treat the complaints when they were made? I don't know. So what will happen to passengers losses? Gone with the wind if the PH ABC team is to be believed. But then, that is their error. This is one person ready and determined to seek for justice from behemoths who think that passengers are minions without rights. They will be hearing from my lawyers pretty soon especially as Dailynews rightly stated: it is a publicly quoted company that can sue and be sued. The essence of my post was to apprise people of the caveat especially at this season. I did recognise that some will take heed while others will scoff... It is the way of all human and therefore take no offence. Compliments of the season to you all and may 2013 be better for us.
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by delta12(m): 9:26pm On Dec 29, 2012
For those who say this posts should not have been in the front page, It is such a shame that people would intimidate others, all to cover up business names; a poor service like this is never acceptable in the western country, and we Nigerians are swift to saying our Government is bad.
In my opinion, other sites and blogs should adopt this story, till ABC issue a public apology and compensate the passengers.
Poor customer service like this happens in almost all businesses in Nigeria; baggage torn and ransacked immediately you get into the country from other countries, banks tellers practicing favoritism in their services, fuel stations manipulating their meter etc.; and we don’t speak up.
Someone just did and others are criticizing him (after all said and done they'd blame the government)
Re: ABC Transport - Passengers Beware! by hugafella(m): 9:33pm On Dec 29, 2012
DailyNews:

This is an unfortunate scenario...please do not raise a false alarm, remember, this is someone's business you are trying to rubbish like this and as someone.... lipsrsealed....it won't be nice to watch...pls bro, it is an unfortunate scene, and believe me, it won't be taken lightly. Can you be kind enough to give out the driver's name and possibly the bus number pls? And moderators shouldn't have moved this to the front page too soon with more verifications cos this is an organization's image we are talking about here pls. Thanks

Sharrap there! I said sharrap!! There is freedom of expression in my country. If I am wronged, I must speak out. Wat if ur relation was robbed in such questionable circumstances? Wat stoopeed reputation? Pls develop either a brain or a heart abeg.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Man And Pregnant Wife Die In Ghastly Motor Accident, Son Survives / Kano Kofar Ruwa Underpass Completed, Ready For Launching (pictures) / Man Crushed Beyond Recognition In Orile, Lagos (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.