Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Security Loopholes In Brts...brf, Fyi! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Security Loopholes In Brts...brf, Fyi! (509 Views)

Top 10 'dodgy' Contracts Awarded Under Brf In Lagos State / My Letter To Governor "Brf" On "Social Amenities Maintenance Proposal" / Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Security Loopholes In Brts...brf, Fyi! by GlorifiedTunde(m): 10:16am On Dec 29, 2012
From Adeola Odeku to Gen. Hospital I took keke; regular thing. I Boarded BRT to Mile 2 as usual but for d first time I wasn't at ease. I couldn't help but notice one of our brothers from d North side stepping into the bus, looking so somehow with a bottle of Viju Milk in his hand, gulping it voraciously like it was his first or last. All I said to myself was "who is this uncultured wierdo?" cos he didnt seem to care about anyone or anything around him.
Eventually he finished devouring the lovely drink in such an unromantic way in split seconds; viju's idea of a straw was definitely irrelevant.
I didn't begin to fret until he stood up from the foremost seat where he sat initially to move to the back "stand alone" seat usually positioned differently in BRT buses; most of us know what I'm talking about.
The feeling became worse when I noticed the big pink plastic bag stuffed with so many indescribable things, and then he picked up a call and began chatting in a language I wouldnt know if anyone in the bus understood; obviously northen. Although he was just chatting with someone he obviously knew, it felt like a rant as he was on top of his voice for a very long time until the bus driver stepped in.
While some didn't really care after noticing an obviously odd personality in the bus, I could see a few occupied in the same worry air surrounding me. Unease was boldly written on all our faces as I stared at his plastic bag from time to time with thought of bailing out of the window should I hear any religious chant that preceeds a masaccre (as if that could save me).
Obviously nothing happened, else I wouldn't be sharring this 45min - 1hr seige invoked by a man who certainly was in his own world. However, this made me Identify the possible security risk we could be subjected to in a single BRT bus if anything goes BOOM! That will ofcourse be a good catch for the Bad Guys.
I really wouldn't mind checking passengers as they board a bus, before getting on. What do you all think?
Re: Security Loopholes In Brts...brf, Fyi! by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 29, 2012
You have a point here, but checking every single loophole will be simply imposible.

Except you want all of your fundamental freedoms curtailed.

Thr BRT bus thing reminds me of this movie by Don Cheadle, TRAITOR.
Re: Security Loopholes In Brts...brf, Fyi! by GlorifiedTunde(m): 11:00am On Dec 29, 2012
virtuoso01: You have a point here, but checking every single loophole will be simply imposible.

Except you want all of your fundamental freedoms curtailed.

Yea! TRAITOR! Perfect film to remember. I thought the same too but if u feel what I felt yesterday, u rilly wouldn't mind. My mind was in my throat all thru d journey.
Re: Security Loopholes In Brts...brf, Fyi! by omiobo: 11:59am On Dec 29, 2012
Nigerians are hypocrites. If you stand up to notify the driver,they will all criticize you. I was in a bus,the bus couldn't move as it suppose to. All the people in the bus were complaining but failed to take action until I stood up to challenge the driver and conductor to stop the ''carton" and refund me. They all stood against me,I ignore them and I collected my money.
Re: Security Loopholes In Brts...brf, Fyi! by GlorifiedTunde(m): 12:16pm On Dec 29, 2012
omiobo: Nigerians are hypocrites. If you stand up to notify the driver,they will all criticize you. I was in a bus,the bus couldn't move as it suppose to. All the people in the bus were complaining but failed to take action until I stood up to challenge the driver and conductor to stop the ''carton" and refund me. They all stood against me,I ignore them and I collected my money.
I quite agree with u, I almost drew passenger's attemtion to d guy but I didn't want to feel like a fool. But I think they would av cooperated owing to d fact that the guy looked suspicious and hey, its life we're talking about here.

(1) (Reply)

Prophet Orah Jerome / B*R*E*A*K*I*N*G News! KOGI Speaker Involved In Serious Accident. / Electoral Officer, 20 Others Injured In Community Election Fracas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.