Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,802 members, 7,820,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

MTN BIS IS NOW A OPEN SOURCE,,.HOW? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN BIS IS NOW A OPEN SOURCE,,.HOW? (12290 Views)

Why BIS Is Cheaper Compared To Other Data Plans / Mtn Bis Is Now N500 / Etisalat BIS Is Now 1500 And 1000 Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN BIS IS NOW A OPEN SOURCE,,.HOW? by softtouch2(m): 4:43pm On Jan 03, 2013
venorite:
bro pls how can i browse on my ipad 3 with mtn bis

sushieater:
oga howfar, how u take do am?..pls help

See the attached screenshot. The MTN sim I used got active BIS subscription before I swapped it into my phone. Then I reboot the phone.

Although, the browsing did not start immediately, I keep trying open my browser... after sometime my Whatsapp started working, them my emails started coming. It took my phone more than 24hrs before my browser started working. That is my personal experience.
Re: MTN BIS IS NOW A OPEN SOURCE,,.HOW? by jazz04(m): 8:03pm On Jan 03, 2013
soft-touch:

See the attached screenshot. The MTN sim I used got active BIS subscription before I swapped it into my phone. Then I reboot the phone.

Although, the browsing did not start immediately, I keep trying open my browser... after sometime my Whatsapp started working, them my emails started coming. It took my phone more than 24hrs before my browser started working. That is my personal experience.
Give us the VPN settings plz
Re: MTN BIS IS NOW A OPEN SOURCE,,.HOW? by tonardo(m): 11:50pm On Jan 03, 2013
soft-touch:

That's exactly how it works on android,it usually take some time b4 connection will be esterblish.. but once connected its connected.. the weekly plan I subscribe is still working on my S3 perfectly..have downloaded files Worth 935mb and another file 315mb plus all the video streaming on YouTube and irokotv..even connecting my laptop to my phone hotspot...I shall say it unlimited wit set dSn ...when connecting alway be patient...its working for me..
Re: MTN BIS IS NOW A OPEN SOURCE,,.HOW? by softtouch2(m): 6:57am On Jan 04, 2013
tonardo:

That's exactly how it works on android,it usually take some time b4 connection will be esterblish.. but once connected its connected.. the weekly plan I subscribe is still working on my S3 perfectly..have downloaded files Worth 935mb and another file 315mb plus all the video streaming on YouTube and irokotv..even connecting my laptop to my phone hotspot...I shall say it unlimited wit set dSn ...when connecting alway be patient...its working for me..

You are right. But seems MTN has blocked the apn, for like more than 12hrs now it has stopped working, I will still try it later.

jazz04:
Give us the VPN settings plz
[quote author=tonardo]

It is not VPN that makes it work on my phone, I never say that neither did I advertised any VPN to anyone. Moreso, the VPN is my private and premium VPN (I just tested it if it could work), you dont expect me to post my premium account details either in private or public. I believe this method of connection is not stable unlike Airtel.
Re: MTN BIS IS NOW A OPEN SOURCE,,.HOW? by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:03am On Jan 04, 2013
but when i said this thing was hit or miss it was like i did'nt know what i was saying? cheesy cheesy

its hit or miss. fact.

truth is there are like a few IPs that u get assigned that will owrk. since u cannot chhose the IP u get from MTN's BIS servers, u should just keep reconnecting to the server till it gives u an IP that connects.

yesterday was different though because at a point even DroidVPN refused to connect.

what i do at times is select the APN, and toggle airplane mode a few times till it gets a IP that goes. if i try that for like 5 minutes and it still does not, i remove the sim from the phone and insert it back and boot.

thats the real truth about the ish. whether its worth the hassle is your choice to make. DroidVPN works more often than not without all these wahala
Re: MTN BIS IS NOW A OPEN SOURCE,,.HOW? by softtouch2(m): 8:10am On Jan 04, 2013
4llerbuntu: but when i said this thing was hit or miss it was like i did'nt know what i was saying? cheesy cheesy

its hit or miss. fact.

truth is there are like a few IPs that u get assigned that will owrk. since u cannot chhose the IP u get from MTN's BIS servers, u should just keep reconnecting to the server till it gives u an IP that connects.

yesterday was different though because at a point even DroidVPN refused to connect.

what i do at times is select the APN, and toggle airplane mode a few times till it gets a IP that goes. if i try that for like 5 minutes and it still does not, i remove the sim from the phone and insert it back and boot.

thats the real truth about the ish. whether its worth the hassle is your choice to make. DroidVPN works more often than not without all these wahala

You are very right. The hope of connecting is very unreliable with this MTN stuff, when I got connected yesterday with Edge signal, surfing the web was very fast.
Re: MTN BIS IS NOW A OPEN SOURCE,,.HOW? by ikechukz(m): 11:41am On Jan 05, 2013
i just subscribed for this stuff but when i change my apn to blackberry.net,the 3g symbol disappears.guys pls what do i do.
Re: MTN BIS IS NOW A OPEN SOURCE,,.HOW? by tonardo(m): 5:54pm On Jan 05, 2013
My experience this evening.. just flash my s3 with a new ROM an needed to update some stuff so been trying to connect with set DNS but to no avail trying many tricks until I uninstall the set DNS and it connect instantly just confuse about this MTN bis a thing

.....,.as am posting now just my APN is changed to blackberry.net and proxy not set. Port not set. ?...
And am grooving all the way...MTN bis is complicated...

Re: MTN BIS IS NOW A OPEN SOURCE,,.HOW? by softtouch2(m): 6:56pm On Jan 05, 2013
tonardo: My experience this evening.. just flash my s3 with a new ROM an needed to update some stuff so been trying to connect with set DNS but to no avail trying many tricks until I uninstall the set DNS and it connect instantly just confuse about this MTN bis a thing

.....,.as am posting now just my APN is changed to blackberry.net and proxy not set. Port not set. ?...

Congrats! for having a taste of the connection...MTN Bis is really complicated as you said.
Re: MTN BIS IS NOW A OPEN SOURCE,,.HOW? by ewizard1: 6:57pm On Jan 05, 2013
tonardo: My experience this evening.. just flash my s3 with a new ROM an needed to update some stuff so been trying to connect with set DNS but to no avail trying many tricks until I uninstall the set DNS and it connect instantly just confuse about this MTN bis a thing

And somehow.... MTN joined the BIS on every device scheme. What dyou think?
Re: MTN BIS IS NOW A OPEN SOURCE,,.HOW? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 05, 2013
aze: My Oga. Just install Droidvpn (requires root and Reg.). Select ICMP. U r gud to go.

Bandwidth limited to 100mb per day 4 fr33 userz
au dd ur oga pay fo d premium version, they have paypal and other method not familiar!
Re: MTN BIS IS NOW A OPEN SOURCE,,.HOW? by tonardo(m): 8:14am On Jan 06, 2013
Another tip trick for mtn bis...
I dual boot my galaxy s3 trying different custom roms on my device..
So after installing new rom yesterday I cant connect.. I still try uninstalling set dns and try no way and my account bal is 0.00 ..
I decide to load 100 naira...then it works fine..
calculating my data on mtn weekly plan. Almost getting to 10GB if not more than...
If you are finding it difficult to connect try this...
1.uninstall set dns
2.leave your APN -blackberry.net
3.delete the mtn proxy- not set
4.delete port. 8080- not set
5. If you bal. Is 0.00 transfer #50 or load #100....
If you try all this and it did not work...let me know..my is working fine....on my G.S3 ....
My bal still intact...working fine
One disadvantages of low end phones its laggs especially on network
Connectivity.
My galaxy y pro dous after changing the APN network would disappear until I reboot or remove battery....

Happy sunday..God bless
Re: MTN BIS IS NOW A OPEN SOURCE,,.HOW? by tonardo(m): 8:19am On Jan 06, 2013
STILL WORKING FINE
Bal 100.07 untouched...
Re: MTN BIS IS NOW A OPEN SOURCE,,.HOW? by ikechukz(m): 10:32am On Jan 06, 2013
i've tried rebooting my phone up to 20 times today and it still doesn't connect.it only starts connecting when i turn on wifi tethering but then it drains my credit even with droidvpn.pls help me o.
Re: MTN BIS IS NOW A OPEN SOURCE,,.HOW? by iamdutch: 2:57pm On Jan 06, 2013
Hei guys I'm using an iPhone4 but want to change to an android phone so I can flex Mtn bis with droidvpn, can any1 help me out on how good the samsung galaxy s2 or s3 mini is? Tnx
Re: MTN BIS IS NOW A OPEN SOURCE,,.HOW? by tonardo(m): 3:25pm On Jan 06, 2013
ikechukz: i've tried rebooting my phone up to 20 times today and it still doesn't connect.it only starts connecting when i turn on wifi tethering but then it drains my credit even with droidvpn.pls help me o.
Send DATA OFF to 131 first to off pay as you go...
Re: MTN BIS IS NOW A OPEN SOURCE,,.HOW? by tonardo(m): 3:28pm On Jan 06, 2013
iamdutch: Hei guys I'm using an iPhone4 but want to change to an android phone so I can flex Mtn bis with droidvpn, can any1 help me out on how good the samsung galaxy s2 or s3 mini is? Tnx
Go for the s3mini or galaxy s dous-dual sim.
Re: MTN BIS IS NOW A OPEN SOURCE,,.HOW? by iamdutch: 5:24pm On Jan 06, 2013
But I heard the resolution of the s3 mini is not too good!
Re: MTN BIS IS NOW A OPEN SOURCE,,.HOW? by Jeffy1206(m): 6:56pm On Jan 06, 2013
iamdutch: But I heard the resolution of the s3 mini is not too good!
I advise u go for s2 international version gt-1900.gudluk
Re: MTN BIS IS NOW A OPEN SOURCE,,.HOW? by iamdutch: 7:32pm On Jan 06, 2013
Wat makes the gt-1900 better?
Re: MTN BIS IS NOW A OPEN SOURCE,,.HOW? by Jeffy1206(m): 8:26pm On Jan 06, 2013
iamdutch: Wat makes the gt-1900 better?
one of de reasons is it has a beta camera and can record a full HD videos de ba3 is also stronger compare to de mini
Re: MTN BIS IS NOW A OPEN SOURCE,,.HOW? by iamdutch: 8:53pm On Jan 06, 2013
Aii tnx bro!!!
Re: MTN BIS IS NOW A OPEN SOURCE,,.HOW? by tonardo(m): 7:31pm On Jan 07, 2013
iamdutch: Wat makes the gt-1900 better?
it uses regular sim card and play or record HD video..
Re: MTN BIS IS NOW A OPEN SOURCE,,.HOW? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 07, 2013
So, in essence...which is better? Using DroidVpn or SetDNS?
Re: MTN BIS IS NOW A OPEN SOURCE,,.HOW? by tonardo(m): 11:06am On Jan 08, 2013
First. Impression with droidvpn ...
Yesterday mtn bis(blackberry.net) couldn't pop up network (E or 3g/H) so I checked my status by sending status to 21600..I was told that am not on any blackberry plan..so I decided to subscribe for a monthly plan...
After subscription I couldn't connect with or without DNS then I remembered droidvpn and install it and it connect telling me that I has 100mb for trial (one day) ..so am posting with droidvpn ....
Not new to droidvpn as I have been using their three months plan (PD proxy) on my PC....
If droidvpn is fast and stable I shall be upgrading to prenium ....
I think if you try DNS it does not work try Droid vpn ...
Re: MTN BIS IS NOW A OPEN SOURCE,,.HOW? by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:26pm On Jan 08, 2013
so the DNS shii is dead now eh?

hmmn, but how do u intend to pay for droidvpn?
Re: MTN BIS IS NOW A OPEN SOURCE,,.HOW? by Chikebrain: 12:44pm On Jan 08, 2013
4llerbuntu: so the DNS shii is dead now eh?

hmmn, but how do u intend to pay for droidvpn?
You can make payment via LR or contact me
Re: MTN BIS IS NOW A OPEN SOURCE,,.HOW? by tonardo(m): 5:24am On Jan 09, 2013
Chikebrain:
You can make payment via LR or contact me
You have been using droidvpn ...?
Pls got some qtns to ask b4 going premium ..
1.reliable are the servers ?
2.do you use all the server especially us server?
3.can't find three months plan on their site...
Only 30days...
Thanks as you reply.....
Re: MTN BIS IS NOW A OPEN SOURCE,,.HOW? by ndigbo: 4:42pm On Jan 09, 2013
embarassed
tonardo:
You have been using droidvpn ...?
Pls got some qtns to ask b4 going premium ..
1.reliable are the servers ?
2.do you use all the server especially us server?
3.can't find three months plan on their site...
Only 30days...
Thanks as you reply.....
@Chikebrain: why don't you please reply these questions?
@tonardo: Have tired almost everything i know, but my HTC HD WOULDN'T JUST WORK WITH MTN! embarassedembarassed
Re: MTN BIS IS NOW A OPEN SOURCE,,.HOW? by Bjayjay: 10:11am On Jan 11, 2013
@chikebrain I mailed u on jan 7 about my interest in joining the pd proxy users but u didn't reply
Re: MTN BIS IS NOW A OPEN SOURCE,,.HOW? by Parisgoodman(m): 10:53am On Jan 11, 2013
how can one root a techno d3 phone? i cant even download whatsapp >:
Re: MTN BIS IS NOW A OPEN SOURCE,,.HOW? by smartkachi: 2:39pm On Jan 11, 2013
Plz help me how can I use airtel bis on my android phone

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Activate Glo 200% (X4) Data Bonus Offer - 3.2gb For N500, 24gb For N3000 / Umi Super Euro Edition Unboxing And Hands On. / How To Make Weak Phone Battery Stronger With Alcohol.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.