Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,920 members, 7,821,221 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Please How Do I Resist The Devil? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please How Do I Resist The Devil? (9624 Views)

Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. / Resist The Devil / Resist The Devil Successfully (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by badmeat(m): 3:01pm On Aug 11, 2013
Live a holy life
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by xykms101: 3:02pm On Aug 11, 2013
Keep as far as 1,000 miles from Nairaland forum, if this is done then you're saved.

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by Kslib(m): 3:03pm On Aug 11, 2013
What are you guys doing sef? This thread shouldnt have made frontage cos people are exposing techniques on how to resist the devil and the devil is jotting them down!!
Op,better dont use any of the methods mentioned here ooh cos i'm sure the devil is currently having a system upgrade..
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 11, 2013
how can one resist na with all the dis kind unclad girls dancing azonto all around d son of man
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by therealbabe(f): 3:05pm On Aug 11, 2013
Simple, stick to the word no matter what he brings ur way

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by swtchicgurl: 3:10pm On Aug 11, 2013
jidowu84: Thanks to all dat have contributed to dis thread. God bless u all. IJN. But dia is a real life issues dat bothers me for some years now. It is COBWEBS issue. I do experience this webs on my face even in a banking hal

can i be honest with u?, locate one MFM church and join the weekly deliverance program fast!

5 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by Ayatullah(m): 3:14pm On Aug 11, 2013
jidowu84: Pls it is COBWEBS issue o. I experience it even in d banking hall. I have prayed, fast etc. Yet I still experience it. Pls I need to be free from owu alantakun.

If you are serious, then better go and see an ophthalmologist .
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by ultraGM: 3:40pm On Aug 11, 2013
I understand what you are passing through, but i cant type much on phone, i will get back to you on this
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by berepiki(m): 3:42pm On Aug 11, 2013
jidowu84: According to the book of James 4:7. How do I submit to God and Resist the devil and make d devil flee. Pls somebody should enlighten me.
...very easy 2 explain...submission means obedience 2 God's word...if u dont obey God, d devil will nt flee when u resist him...Christ in d wilderness was tempted but He refused 2 disobey God that was why He could rebuke the devil n the devil left him for a while...e.g u ar in fornication n u'r casting d devil...u ar wasting ur time...until u walk in obedience the devil wil not flee...SIMPLE AS ABCD

2 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by Orikinla(m): 3:47pm On Aug 11, 2013
By fleeing from every appearance of evil.

[size=18pt] Abstain from all appearance of evil.

~ 1 Thessalonians 5:22 (King James Version)[/size]
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by Alwaystrue(f): 3:59pm On Aug 11, 2013
berepiki: ...very easy 2 explain...submission means obedience 2 God's word...if u dont obey God, d devil will nt flee when u resist him...Christ in d wilderness was tempted but He refused 2 disobey God that was why He could rebuke the devil n the devil left him for a while...e.g u ar in fornication n u'r casting d devil...u ar wasting ur time...until u walk in obedience the devil wil not flee...SIMPLE AS ABCD
Well said. @OP, please note. Resisting the devil needs a lot of discipline and self-control which is one of the fruits of the spirit.
It depends on who we submit to. James 4:7.
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by funnyfun: 4:04pm On Aug 11, 2013
U can resist d devil by reading, studying & meditating on d word of God (d Bible) and allowing d Holy Spirit 2 b ur guide and d director of ur life.
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by Christane: 4:20pm On Aug 11, 2013
By 4ucking z demons
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by chokolatte: 4:22pm On Aug 11, 2013
@op as per cobwebs issue go to mfm for deliverance and pls take this seriously

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by Systeme101: 4:23pm On Aug 11, 2013
our minds r kingdoms, we ought 2 rule it. Wen that's done, satan bcoms our slave.
N/b u rule by Gods word.
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by Lilimax(f): 5:06pm On Aug 11, 2013
The easiest way to resist the devil is with the word of God. Locate the right word for that moment, apply it and the devil will flee. Reme ber that our Lord Jesus defeated the devil with the word- “it is written”
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by Bright2(m): 5:47pm On Aug 11, 2013
Say notihng & do nothing cos if you say something,you may say the wrong word & if you do something,you may also do the wrong thing. With these you've resisted the devil.
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by abu0710102013: 6:08pm On Aug 11, 2013
My advice to christains pls read your bible thoroughly. YOU WILL SEE WONDERS
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by sunkoye: 6:18pm On Aug 11, 2013
Flee from all appearance of evil.- that's the most potent method!( Why do u submit to kissing wen fleeing the temptation of fonication?)
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by Moralistli(m): 6:31pm On Aug 11, 2013
Self Control, self discipline and self determination...

The devil operates via the the following vices; Lust, Anger/bitterness, Pride, Greed, Jealousy/envy, so by controlling them you are resisting or fleeing from the devil........ Discipline your body by putting it in subjection.
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by seangy4konji: 7:06pm On Aug 11, 2013
Guess you have not noticed with everything that is going on now in d world,even God has given super powers to d devil himself to be controlling the world...u gats deh super strong,and na fire for fire ooo...enough prayers,alomo bitters or ogidiga and skunk or else you will park well den d devil don through wit u so u need to sgine ur eyes properly and stand well...u go makeheaveno cos if na fear say will you make heaven wit dos sins?u go still make am...d rate weh bad people weh deh do bad things plenty for dis our naijka,hell fire go too full by d time dem wan do ur case for hell gate so no choise but to send u go heaven...the whole of lagos is not doing one quaters of d crimes going down in aso rock..no fear and stand well
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by Beey(f): 7:33pm On Aug 11, 2013
In Psalms 119:9-11,David asked" how can a young man keep his way pure?By guarding it according to your word.I have hid your word in my heart that I might not sin against you."Study the word,it will keep you from falling into sin.In the wilderness when Jesus was tempted,He overcame the devil by the word.Jesus told the disciples after he had found them sleeping to "watch and pray that you might not fall into temptation."Prayer will pull you out of potential danger.The Bible says that whatever we bind on earth,it is bound in Heaven & whatever we loose it is loosed in Heaven.It also says that inorder to enter a strong man's house,one must first bind the strong man.According to the word,bind the"strong man" in the name of Jesus. Jesus also said that some demons will not leave unless by prayer and fasting.Fasting will strengthen your spirit man to overcome fleshly desires.
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by ada40: 8:15pm On Aug 11, 2013
To resist the devil is to stay away from sinful life that he uses to acuse you before God. But if you are finding it difficult to stay away from sin then you need to go for Total deliverance for the spirit behind that sinful nature to be destroyed.

Open this thread and see for urself:

https://www.nairaland.com/1262082/how-conquer-barrenness-medically-spiritually/16
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by Kei144(m): 8:16pm On Aug 11, 2013
Kei144: Ro. 5:17 For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God’s abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ.

Righteousness is a gift. God has already released the gift; anyone who receives it and puts it to use becomes perfect. Christ (Holy Spirit) is our righteousness. To receive righteousness means to receive the spirit of holiness (Holy Spirit). In order to receive the Holy Spirit, one must be baptized into Jesus Christ. After baptism, the person has to receive the Holy Spirit daily.

Jn. 6:53 Jesus said to them, “I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.

The way I personally receive the Holy Spirit daily is to ask God to feed my soul with His flesh and to give His blood to my soul to drink. Through this prayer, an image of God is being formed in me. God is made up of spiritual flesh and blood.

Ep. 4:22 You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires;
Ep. 4:23 to be made new in the attitude of your minds;
Ep. 4:24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

As an image of God is being formed in you, you have to make use of Christ in you to put off your old self. I personally do this by asking God to put to death the sinful aspects of me through His spirit that is in me--Rom 8:13. You also have to adopt a mindset that loves righteousness and hates iniquity. Then you have to put on the new self, which is the character of Jesus Christ. I personally do this by asking God to produce the fruit of the Spirit in me through Christ that is in me. I ask that my heart be ruled by virtues of love, joy, peace, goodness, self control, patience, perseverance and the like--Gal 5:22.

Anyone who continues to do what I have written here all the days of his/her life will rise up to perfection. This is the revival that Nigerians (Igbos) will teach the world. Revive yourself now!

https://www.nairaland.com/1383191/perfection-must-attained-get-heaven/1#17368350
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by BlazeBuenos(m): 8:37pm On Aug 11, 2013
There's No Other Way than To Be Prayerful.
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by redsun(m): 9:01pm On Aug 11, 2013
Devil and god are the insinuations of the mind .A pastor that collects tithe from a thief might see it as an act and will of god,while a deluded believe that have sexxx with a beautiful woman might see it as an act of the devil even when he had some fun.

It is all subject to the mind and only knowledge,selflessness and love can set us free.
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by Jobabori(m): 10:16pm On Aug 11, 2013
Ayatullah:

If you are serious, then better go and see an optician.
But you use to give reasonabe response before. What is wrong?
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by eyenCalabar(m): 11:44pm On Aug 11, 2013
God has given us His Word to live by. And it's only by the extent we know His Word that we can stand against or resist the Devil. What happens is that His Word gives us a mentality and this is what we use against the Devil. How? Anytime we are faced with challenges or feel the Devil is on our case, we apply (which maybe through speaking, acting, believing etc) God's Word to the situation and we come out victorious. The Christian is superior to the Devil in every way. What matters is the amount of God's Word in you so that when circumstances arises, you'll have the right words to use and face it. It's that simple! Remember, we can't go farther than where our knowledge can take us to. So brother, this is how it works. You can ask more questions if you wish.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Women only church where male pastor sucks breasts for deliverance / Is Obama A Satanist? / What Is The Unforgivable Sin? - Paul Ellis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.