Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,109 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Why Can't They Split Kaduna And Platue State? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Can't They Split Kaduna And Platue State? (662 Views)

Army Conducts Training Exercise In Kaduna And Bauchi / Rivers Re-run Polls Split Senators Over Amaechi - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't They Split Kaduna And Platue State? by Ikengawo: 5:11am On Dec 30, 2012
Though i think multiculturalism is the key to every state and cities advancement, there are many political problems it's safe to say that it doesn't work in all cases. Where i has been a blessing for Lagos, it have been a curse for Kaduna and Platue. So why not separate the states to cool the situation?

I'm not saying do it. I would like to see it done if it's a good idea but perhaps someone can point how why it would be a bad idea or why it hasn't been considered.
Re: Why Can't They Split Kaduna And Platue State? by adamooye5(m): 5:22am On Dec 30, 2012
U would have say y not slit Nigeria?
Re: Why Can't They Split Kaduna And Platue State? by Ikengawo: 5:40am On Dec 30, 2012
adamooye5: U would have say y not slit Nigeria?
Because the problem doesn't exist everywhere in nigeria though we pretend it does.
There are hausas in Owerri that go unmolested, Igbos in Lagos and yorubas in Kano.

Instead of saying something that will hurt more people than it helps like splitting Nigeria when most people in Nigeria are innocent of the happenings in the troubled areas, why not split or reorganize the troubled areas?

im a patriot and would like to see my country remain the same. Ethnic tension happens in a few key states, it's not nation wide, so the solution shouldn't be a nation reorganization but a state one.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't They Split Kaduna And Platue State? by AbdulAdam56(m): 6:04am On Dec 30, 2012
Ikengawo:
Because the problem doesn't exist everywhere in nigeria though we pretend it does.
There are hausas in Owerri that go unmolested, Igbos in Lagos and yorubas in Kano.

Instead of saying something that will hurt more people than it helps like splitting Nigeria when most people in Nigeria are innocent of the happenings in the troubled areas, why not split or reorganize the troubled areas?

im a patriot and would like to see my country remain the same. Ethnic tension happens in a few key states, it's not nation wide, so the solution shouldn't be a nation reorganization but a state one.
@ikengawo do u understant now?Or u need more explanation?
Re: Why Can't They Split Kaduna And Platue State? by teniyi(m): 7:33am On Dec 30, 2012
I still do not believe the splitting either state or country will be the solution.
Some of us that have lived among other tribes and people of different origins will understand better.
If Kaduna is splitted to Southern and Northern Kaduna, because of the differences, the trouble zone in Plateau remain in Beromland that covers only about 4 local governments. The question remain where to get other community to join in forming another state, if not a time-bomb will be activated to explode in the nearest future again.
In Kogi State, there are 3 different communities that are ever ready to stand on their own; Igalas,Ebiras and the Okuns. When you deep down to Igala, you will know that there are more than one Igala. Remember the Nupes are present which cannot also be ignored.
In the Yorubaland, I hope you remember, when the Osun was in war with itself? Can we say the solution would have been to seperate them to different states? In Ondo State, if giving opportunity, the Akoko community will want a state on their own. In Ogun state, remember, the cold war between, the Yewa, Egba and Ijebu communities.
In delta state, the rift between the Warri and Asaba axist can't be ignored. What of Afehmai, Benin and Ekpoma axis?
In the Eastern part, Anambra is has it own, the Anam and Ogbaru, remember there was one crisis between Aguleri and their neighbour UmuleriImo has Mbaisse, Mbano which are on their differences.
Most part of the country has its own issue to manage.
So many people stand behind the keyboard (Keyboard Soldiers) and say divide the country! Let us go. Divide the country to 2 parts and I will laugh. Our solution is not splitting but living in peace.
This is what we suppose to learn because Nigeria is our country. Peace!

(1) (Reply)

To The Yorubas And The Remaining Half Of Nigeria / Who Is The Problem Of The North? GEJ Or Northerners? / Defining The Politicians Of Nigera, The Main Definition (liars)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.