Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,100 members, 7,828,844 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven (109635 Views)

How Can We Improve The Celebrities Section? / *~ Missy B Voted Celebrities Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! / Do's And Don'ts Of Celebrities Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jan 11, 2013
CFCfan: @Lucenzo: Why u wan pour sand for my garri?
Afterall, Eze Promoe said "there are many fishes in the river (rivers Ogun or Mississippi).

Bros no vex abeg, wink I'm only saying hi to a friend cry cry cry
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 12:28am On Jan 12, 2013
[size=13pt]Lucenzo, what's up?[/size]
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 12:34am On Jan 12, 2013
lucenzo:
Bros no vex abeg, wink I'm only saying hi to a friend cry cry cry

Noted. I raised alarm because I saw a flower that accompanied your greeting.
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 12:47am On Jan 12, 2013
An NRA rep just implied that if African-Americans had the right to bear arms, slavery would not have existed! shocked shocked
What a bunch of mallarkey!
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 12:52am On Jan 12, 2013
[size=13pt]You don't mean it shocked[/size]
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 1:01am On Jan 12, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]You don't mean it shocked[/size]

No be joke o. I saw the clip on MSNBC's "Hardball With Chris Matthews". The guy's name is Larry Ward, he is d chairman of the "Gun Appreciation Day".

Another gun owner also said that if the govt attempts to enact gun control, he (gun owner) would fire the first shot in a new Civil War. The man's name is James Yeager.
My dear, we are truly in d age of the nutcases.
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 1:10am On Jan 12, 2013
[size=13pt]So, when are we moving to Canada? Lol.[/size]
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 1:14am On Jan 12, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]So, when are we moving to Canada? Lol.[/size]

Maybe in 2 weeks time cool. Should we meet at Sacramento and fly on an American Airlines flight?
At least, Canada has less gun-related violence.
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Mynd44: 4:48am On Jan 12, 2013
See mofos fighting to keep their 2nd amendment rights. The truth is that most of these dudes will rather hug their guns than their wife

2 Likes

Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 4:54am On Jan 12, 2013
Mynd_44: See mofos fighting to keep their 2nd amendment rights. The truth is that most of these dudes will rather hug their guns than their wife

This gat to be for CFCfan grin
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 4:56am On Jan 12, 2013
Tashamania:

This got to be for you too grin
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Mynd44: 5:00am On Jan 12, 2013
Tashamania:

Hmmm. That's a way to look at it
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 5:06am On Jan 12, 2013
^^^
I support the 2nd Amendment; but there has to be a ban on civilian possession of automatic/semi-automatic assault weapons for the good of society.

Remember, no rights are absolute.

1 Like

Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 5:26am On Jan 12, 2013
CFCfan: ^^^
I support the 2nd Amendment; but there has to be a ban on civilian possession of automatic/semi-automatic assault weapons for the good of society.

You're a politician. If not, why all these grammars? undecided
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 5:27am On Jan 12, 2013
Tashamania:

You're a politician. If not, why all these grammars? undecided

I was just clarifying my support for a ban on assault rifles. I no be politician o.
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 5:29am On Jan 12, 2013

[size=13pt]Nna ehn. I can't stand those people who say they use it for hunting. What's most mind-boggling is how easy it is to get a license or certificate. After that, head to Walmart, where rifles are sold alongside kitchen appliances and children's toys lol. I like Chris Rock's solution sha: $5,000 bullets lol.[/size]
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 5:33am On Jan 12, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Nna ehn. I can't stand those people who say they use it for hunting. What's most mind-boggling is how easy it is to get a license or certificate. After that, head to Walmart, where rifles are sold alongside kitchen appliances and children's toys lol. I like Chris Rock's solution sha: $5,000 bullets lol.[/size]

Yeah, the requirements to possess a gun should be very stringent. If the politicians are comfortable with a situation in which voters have to wait in line for 8 hours, just to cast a vote; surely the waiting line to possess a gun shouldn't be any shorter.
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Mynd44: 5:36am On Jan 12, 2013

The 2nd amendment is good and all but the issue is that it is too easy to get a gun and way too cheap too. CNN interviewed some mofo who has 50 guns in his house. I was like WTF.

I lke that Ogugua's idea too though, $5,000. Their rights are there but let's see how they can go for it

1 Like

Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 5:36am On Jan 12, 2013
CFCfan: Yeah, the requirements to possess a gun should be very stringent. If the politicians are comfortable with a situation in which voters have to wait in line for 8 hours, just to cast a vote; surely the waiting line to possess a gun shouldn't be any shorter.

[size=13pt]I just hope that some kind of legislature is signed before President Obama leaves office. This will be a huge failure on his part if it isn't done; the sooner, the better.

By the way, that shooting in Cali yesterday? Turns out he had an elaborate plan to wipe out several classmates, but he failed woefully. Chukwu daalu.[/size]
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Mynd44: 5:39am On Jan 12, 2013
CFCfan:

Yeah, the requirements to possess a gun should be very stringent. If the politicians are comfortable with a situation in which voters have to wait in line for 8 hours, just to cast a vote; surely the waiting line to possess a gun shouldn't be any shorter.
hours id too short, the time should be around 3 months. And no one should be able to apply for a gun in more than one state. And why would anyone sell an automatic weapon to a civilian?

Wetin he wan take am do?
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 5:41am On Jan 12, 2013
@ Ogugua: shocked shocked WTF! That guy must be totally demented. Why would a SANE individual contemplate such an action? I join you in thanking God that the incident wasn't too gruesome.

Anyway, I think the present Congress can pass a Gun-Control legislation; a couple of moderate Republicans in both houses of Congress have been signalling that they would back any resolutions reached by the Biden Presidential task Force.
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Mynd44: 5:41am On Jan 12, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]I just hope that some kind of legislature is signed before President Obama leaves office. This will be a huge failure on his part if it isn't done; the sooner, the better.

By the way, that shooting in Cali yesterday? Turns out he had an elaborate plan to wipe out several classmates, but he failed woefully. Chukwu daalu.[/size]
And this is another thing that concerns me oooo. I refuse to believe that the availability of guns makes people go out and commit these multiple murders. It is some deep psychological shît. I mean yeah dun control will reduce it but there will still be nutcases on the loose running around

1 Like

Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 5:43am On Jan 12, 2013
[size=13pt]It's amazing watching this gun saga take hold of the nation. Republicans and many Americans wanted government spending less. Whenever there are spending cuts in healthcare, the first sector to feel the brunt of it is mental health. A lot of these massacre monsters happen to suffer from severe mental disorders. They didn't see this coming?[/size]
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 5:44am On Jan 12, 2013
Mynd_44:
And this is another thing that concerns me oooo. I refuse to believe that the availability of guns makes people go out and commit these multiple murders. It is some deep psychological shît. I mean yeah dun control will reduce it but there will still be nutcases on the loose running around

That's why a mental health evaluation needs to be carried out on a prospective gun buyer.
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Mynd44: 5:46am On Jan 12, 2013
CFCfan:

That's why a mental health evaluation needs to be carried out on a prospective gun buyer.
Gbam!!!! I totally agree. And please is there some kind or responsibility clause here?

Like if you have a gun and you don't keep it well, if your 13 year old son finds it carelessly and uses it, you should get some jail time or some punishment
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 5:46am On Jan 12, 2013
CFCfan: That's why a mental health evaluation needs to be carried out on a prospective gun buyer.

[size=13pt]Mental health evaluations and background checks.[/size]
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 5:48am On Jan 12, 2013
Its funny that the NRA/conservatives initially were in favor of gun-control in the 1960s to prevent members of the "Black Panthers" from performing vigilante duties at Black neighborhoods. Now, there tunes have changed,ostensibly due to the NRA support of "pro-gun rights" politicians.

Never underestimate the power of lobbyists in Washington D.C.
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 5:50am On Jan 12, 2013
Mynd_44:
Gbam!!!! I totally agree. And please is there some kind or responsibility clause here?

Like if you have a gun and you don't keep it well, if your 13 year old son finds it carelessly and uses it, you should get some jail time or some punishment

There should be a clause like that; I just hope that there is some comprehensive gun-control law, whether at the Federal or State levels.
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Mynd44: 5:55am On Jan 12, 2013
CFCfan:

There should be a clause like that; I just hope that there is some comprehensive gun-control law, whether at the Federal or State levels.
Every sane person hopes so. Then of course arms manufacturers would have started lobbying the White House and looking for ways to make sure they still get to sell and make money

1 Like

Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 5:59am On Jan 12, 2013
[size=13pt]Have any of you seem the movie "Runaway Jury"?

CFC bobo, make you say yes o. You wey dey read PoliSci lol.[/size]
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Nobody: 6:02am On Jan 12, 2013
Another excuse that the "pro gun lobby" usually trot out when there is a discussion on gun control, is that the citizens need to be armed to effectively battle a 'tyrannical' govt.

Apparently, they've never heard about impeachment or... elections. SMH
Re: Celebrities Section Chat Room & Amebors' Haven by Mynd44: 6:02am On Jan 12, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]Have any of you seem the movie "Runaway Jury"?

CFC bobo, make you say yes o. You wey dey read PoliSci lol.[/size]
I read the novel.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (62) (Reply)

Davido To Move To His House With An Elevator In Banana Island / Graphic Photos Of Ebony Reigns’ Corpse & Accident Scene / See The Ending Story Of Archana And Manav - Pavitra Rishta "Indian Soap Opera"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.