Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,006 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Adultery By The Wife; Death Of The Kids,husband And The Tribes Of Delta State. - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Adultery By The Wife; Death Of The Kids,husband And The Tribes Of Delta State. (17898 Views)

The Wife & Daughter Of Ooni Adeyeye Enitan-Ogunwusi / The Tribes Of Nigeria Are Fake. / Out Of All The Tribes In Nigeria Igbos Tend To Have The Broadest Features (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Adultery By The Wife; Death Of The Kids,husband And The Tribes Of Delta State. by Peacefullove: 10:18am On Apr 06, 2020
AreaFada2:

Lol.

The said culture is common to virtually all Edoids tribes. From Edo to Delta.

A woman who knows she has cheatedted should stay away from her kids and hubby. No cooking for them and certainly no sleeping with the hubby. Until she confesses and stones for it.

But even if she doesn't sleep with him or cook for him but the husband becomes aware of the infidelity, then trouble.

I am all about science but I have seen the consequences in the past. I didn't believe until I saw those few cases. Maybe some go scot-free.
But even at that it's stronger in certain clans within a tribe. Aristocracy and royalty certainly.

Elders told us of an older case. In this case the lady admitted only on her death bed. She named whom she cheated with and her admitted it. She was accused by the local egungun deity who forbids adultery. Basically pointed her out from the crowd during the deity festival.

She denied. Egungun asked her to swear. She brazenly did. I guess to save face. She swore to carry the consequences with her head and NOT her child or hubby. She basically called the egungun a liar by doing so.

The hubby lived till about 88. Her child is still alive. The cheating woman died like 50 years ago.

Forget that thing . a woman who knows her way will cheat and nothing will happen.. She may just need to wear a Jazz waist bead or wore a ring to protect her.
Re: Adultery By The Wife; Death Of The Kids,husband And The Tribes Of Delta State. by AreaFada2: 5:09pm On Apr 06, 2020
Peacefullove:

Forget that thing . a woman who knows her way will cheat and nothing will happen.. She may just need to wear a Jazz waist bead or wore a ring to protect her.

Lol. Many said that before. You think Jazz is more powerful than the ancestral land?
You never see. People think they are tough and brazenly do it. Ok na. Go do am. grin
In any case if a woman can go the length of jazz just to cheat and beat taboo, then nothing stops her using jazz to make her hubby useless.
Is that the type of woman you will wish for your brother?

By the way in the clan I was referring too, both jazz and cheating are taboos. Before wedding she's clearly told jazzing her hubby, kids, in-laws and others or trying to deflect her evil deeds lead to severe consequences. Just like infidelity.

So such a woman is really a death angel. She could easily work for Covid-19.

Woman defied God in Eden. And managed to get Adam to defy God too. I get your point. But mankind now has to endure the consequences.
Re: Adultery By The Wife; Death Of The Kids,husband And The Tribes Of Delta State. by MissKudoswrite(f): 10:20am On Jan 27
Haha it's not fair naww
Why would the husband and children die coz of the woman's atrocities

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oluwo Of Iwo Denied Rumour Of Not Allowed Into Vip Area At Eagles Square / Kini Oriki Abeke? What Is Abeke Praise Song/poetry / Ph Carnival Pics; The Saturday Street Parade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.