Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,824 members, 7,810,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

Starting Haulage Business In Nigeria. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Starting Haulage Business In Nigeria. (1039 Views)

I Am Starting Haulage Business In Nigeria; Want To Know Price To Charge Clients / Is Haulage Business Viable In Nigeria? / I Want To Start A Container Haulage Business. I Need Your Advice! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starting Haulage Business In Nigeria. by PrinceOye2(m): 1:54pm On Dec 30, 2012
what do i need to know,to start haulage (transportation)
of Granite from the quarry.
My intention is to use Mark Trailer.
Do you have any practical experience that can be of help.
Please don't hesitate to drop them.
My e mail address is ogabc_boss@yahoo.com
Thanks so much.
Prince Oye.
Re: Starting Haulage Business In Nigeria. by oduz: 11:32pm On Jan 03, 2013
For starters, a 10 Ton Tipper vehicle will be average, the common practice is that there are Tipper garages/parks beside major Quarry sites. Survey to determine the most expedient one where there are not too many tippers & you are assured about 2 trips a day. Vehicles normally register & quew to take turns but often a little preference is given to the Chairman, You may also arrange to have contractual engagement with road construction companies who may have secured private arrangement to load from quarrys or their depot continuously for days without any quew, at times this arrangement may go on for weeks, after which you may revert back to your park, trips from here are often to building sites.

You may not need to drive the vehicle by yourself, but engage a driver, you may also need to engage a clerk if u don't want to follow the trip around, in that case you may focus on Marketing, for which the focus will be to offer Granite supplies rather than just the haulage. You may need to equip your vehicle with a remote tracker to monitor movements. The business is very profitable but a lot depends on the location & human resources engaged, & your marketing prowress.

Take Action if you have the Capital, Keep me posted if u face any challenges.

Best of Luck cool

(1) (Reply)

Startimes / Easy Way To Riches( No Start Up Capital Required) / Great Business Opportunity In The Food And Beverage Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.