Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

HR Experiences For The Benefit of Jobseekers - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / HR Experiences For The Benefit of Jobseekers (8999 Views)

The Promised Unemployment Benefit Of N5,000 Would Take Effect In 2016 - Punch / Free CV Review For Students & Jobseekers / Free Cv Review For Students & Jobseekers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HR Experiences For The Benefit of Jobseekers by hienyimba(m): 10:47pm On Jan 14, 2013
don't forget that after the software does its job, you have to do yours.
[b]And [/b]here is a great resource on how to write a resume that will turn recruiter's heads...

https://www.nairaland.com/1161303/how-write-resume

As we all know Hr is not a child's play cus there are a lot of things companies look for during the hiring process:

1. a. great fit- both. in intellectuals and academia
2. someone who fits the Company Culture
3. Someone who will drive profits no matter which department you are in.

Anyway, i have found a new love and will be leaving this scene soon to garner all learned experienced into my new Hr/Recruiting venture.
Re: HR Experiences For The Benefit of Jobseekers by dljbd1(m): 10:55pm On Jan 14, 2013
dokunbam: its your JOB
Simple!
Re: HR Experiences For The Benefit of Jobseekers by spikesC(m): 2:09am On Jan 15, 2013
And they're still using emails, can you imagine undecided

Ok, make i advertise small grin

At Spikes Interactive

We have a Human Resource Management System (HRMS).
It's actually an Intranet with an internet based modules.
It has fully automated recruiting processes. The web based modules include but not limited to;

1. A company website
2. An e-recruitment form (The sweetest part)
During recruitment, the applicants apply online with custom inputs (And also upload a file based CV).
During filtering, you just select the inputs you require, sort it the way you like and choose the number of applicants you want for your next process
which might be background checks, 1st interview, cover letter filtering etc.

You don't need to download anything, everything is viewed securely in your intranet.
You can notify the applicants automatically too if need be.

The Intranet modules features include but not limited to;

1. Staff Management
2. File Management
3. Staff payroll
4. Staff training, performance and appraisal
5. Loan Management
6. Leave Management
etc.

Other customized modules include but not limited to;

1. Hotel Management
2. E-commerce Management
3. Housing Estate/Renting Management
etc.

We're also adding Staff attendance bio-metric roaster.
Whereby when a staff comes to work, he/she goes to the attendance table (an unmanned computer), and logs in for the day with his/her finger print.

To get more detailed info, don't hesitate to
Call us on : 08035553259
Email us: support at spikesinteractive.com
Or you can just use the contact form on our website: http://www.spikesinteractive.com/contact

We give wings to your dreams cool

1 Like

Re: HR Experiences For The Benefit of Jobseekers by toprealman: 7:59am On Jan 15, 2013
hienyimba: Good day to the employers in the house if any. Recruiting can be tough, it can be painful, it can be heart rendering so i would love you all to share your stories - or job-seekers who were funny,annoying,who scaled through,who were disqualified, what they did to deserve it ,anything.happy writing..

...Mine...

last December..
After a double page Job advertisement(on maybe Tuesday Guardian Newspapers) which cost you roughly 1.2million Naira, you open your emails the next day and scream OMG!!!
Inbox: 5000(unread)
Spam :12,000(new
)

And the funny thing is that you know all of them are Resumes from Jobseekers or just about anyone and almost everyone who thinks they are genuinely entitled to what your company has to offer but are/may not be suitably qualified..

Now:

You dont know what to do.Even the ad cost you 600k( outrageous for only a job ad. not even your company's product advert sef"wink. And now, these numerous resumes. And the worst thing is that you know you have to download them all, scan for viruses and worst still read/view them all.
Your OMG just got bigger....

Welcome to Company Recruitment
.......that just got easier.
Welcome to
HR

I wonder what you were thinking when you applied for the HR position.
Don't tell me you expect maybe a couple of hundred CV's to go through after advertising vacant positions despite the high unemployment rate.
Some medical doctors attend to almost 700 patients daily 8am-8pm. Some rig workers will tell you how stressful rig work can be.
I am sure someone out there is willing to go through 100000 CV if offered same job you don't seem to be happy with.
This HR people and their palaver!!!

1 Like

Re: HR Experiences For The Benefit of Jobseekers by boladonas(m): 11:08am On Jan 15, 2013
I started out as HR consultant on April 15,1990 and will be pleased to share some of my experiences here:

1. 80% of applications received are not related to or do not meet the set criteria of the job adverts.
2. The Labour Law requests that we advertise in a well spread National daily ( I hope the law is reviewed to include internet)
3. Only 20% meets the requirements of the recruitment exercise.
4. What HR Consultants/Recruiters look for are so simple:
a) Read the advert well and respond to it as if you are doing a comprehension test. What most [b]unsuccessful [/b]applicants do is to just send a prepared CV and forward to the recruiter as if they are just sowing seed in an infertile field. When a candidate forward the same documents he has forwarded to 50 other companies to me ....i am naturally going to ignore the CV cos my company was in copy!!! You cant advertise for a position by copying the advertiser what you sent to another company. Whether you are using computer aided shortlisting or manual, the key advert phrases are our watchword. So spend 30 minutes on each advert you are responding to, it gives you an edge.

b) When we call you for interview, we definitely are looking for one thing: Person fit which means whether your personality fits with the documents submitted and whether the competencies displayed in your documentation is truly a reflection of your personality, training, comportment and exposure.

Nothing delights a recruiter more than a candidate that has a well prepared CV (error and "gbagaun" free), has done his homework/research with regards to the firm recruiting and follows on the interview conversation with utmost concentration. Pls dont start to pray during the interview........it is way too late a time to pray!!!. 30% of people i ve interviewed in 21 years cannot separate personal religious beliefs from work!!!. The Person fit is a critical component of the job, and the most important part of this is adaptability, eagerness to learn, willingness to be available to do the job, recruiting is not much about the ability but availability and adaptability.

60% of candidates interviewed ask for salaries higher than budgeted amounts. Your emphasis at interviews should not be what you can get from the company but what you can help the company achieve. The rewards will follow. You need to first of all have a house before you can have a bed!!

Duty calls hope to find a time to get back to complete this thread someday soon . Bye
Bola Onasanya PhD
www.gdanigeria.com

2 Likes

Re: HR Experiences For The Benefit of Jobseekers by Biggoozz: 6:23pm On Jan 15, 2013
boladonas: I started out as HR consultant on April 15,1990 and will be pleased to share some of my experiences here:

1. 80% of applications received are not related to or do not meet the set criteria of the job adverts.
2. The Labour Law requests that we advertise in a well spread National daily ( I hope the law is reviewed to include internet)
3. Only 20% meets the requirements of the recruitment exercise.
4. What HR Consultants/Recruiters look for are so simple:
a) Read the advert well and respond to it as if you are doing a comprehension test. What most [b]unsuccessful [/b]applicants do is to just send a prepared CV and forward to the recruiter as if they are just sowing seed in an infertile field. When a candidate forward the same documents he has forwarded to 50 other companies to me ....i am naturally going to ignore the CV cos my company was in copy!!! You cant advertise for a position by copying the advertiser what you sent to another company. Whether you are using computer aided shortlisting or manual, the key advert phrases are our watchword. So spend 30 minutes on each advert you are responding to, it gives you an edge.

b) When we call you for interview, we definitely are looking for one thing: Person fit which means whether your personality fits with the documents submitted and whether the competencies displayed in your documentation is truly a reflection of your personality, training, comportment and exposure.

Nothing delights a recruiter more than a candidate that has a well prepared CV (error and "gbagaun" free), has done his homework/research with regards to the firm recruiting and follows on the interview conversation with utmost concentration. Pls dont start to pray during the interview........it is way too late a time to pray!!!. 30% of people i ve interviewed in 21 years cannot separate personal religious beliefs from work!!!. The Person fit is a critical component of the job, and the most important part of this is adaptability, eagerness to learn, willingness to be available to do the job, recruiting is not much about the ability but availability and adaptability.

60% of candidates interviewed ask for salaries higher than budgeted amounts. Your emphasis at interviews should not be what you can get from the company but what you can help the company achieve. The rewards will follow. You need to first of all have a house before you can have a bed!!

Duty calls hope to find a time to get back to complete this thread someday soon . Bye
Bola Onasanya PhD
www.gdanigeria.com

1000 likes! Quite insightful, practical and so on point.

Now I wish all those job seekers in here would come and learn.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is This Job Invite Real / This Is How I Have Been Sustaining Myself / OWPPiN Limited Graduate Job Recruitment 2020 27th march

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.