Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Iwuanyanwu, Others Refuse To Step-down For Anenih - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iwuanyanwu, Others Refuse To Step-down For Anenih (9777 Views)

Ohakim And Okorocha At Iwuanyanwu's Child Dedication (Photo) / Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu And Wife Blasted By Trolls [PICS] / Nigerians Voted Change, Not Acts Of Masturbation, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iwuanyanwu, Others Refuse To Step-down For Anenih by aljharem(m): 3:42pm On Dec 30, 2012
PDP BOT Chair: Ahmadu Ali, Iwuanyanwu, Others Refuse To Step Down For Anenih

The leadership of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is facing a serious challenge from members of the party’s Board of Trustees (BoT) over the planned use of consensus in filling the vacant position of the board chairman.

The Presidency is one with the party leadership on the issue.

However,the BoT members are pushing for voting to elect their chairman which some chieftains see as an unacceptable departure from the consensus tradition of the party.

Party sources told The Nation in Abuja that no less challenging is deciding which of the geo-political zones will provide the BoT Chairman in a manner that will not distort the zoning formula of the PDP in 2015.

About 20 top ranking members of the party are understood to have already obtained forms to occupy the seat which was vacated in June by ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo.

In the race are a former Chairman of the BOT, Chief Tony Anenih; a former National Chairman of the PDP, Senator Ahmadu Ali; a former Deputy National Chairman of the PDP, Chief Shuaib Oyedokun; ex-President of the Senate, Chief Ken Nnamani; and Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu.

Also to contest are a former National Chairman of the All Nigeria Peoples Party(ANPP),Chief Don Etiebet, who is a returnee to the party; a former Chairman of the BOT of ANPP, Chief Harry Akande and 13 others.

Some who did not apply but are being pressurized to join the contest are Second Republic Vice-President Alex Ekwueme and a former acting National Chairman of PDP, Alhaji Kawu Baraje.

It was learnt that none of the applicants is willing to step down for another including Anenih whose BOT chairmanship was hijacked in 2007.

A highly-placed source said: “Members and some of the aspirants are pushing for outright election of the next BOT chairman of the PDP in line with Article 12.77 of the constitution of the party.

“They said the election will prove to the party leaders the level of acceptability of such a candidate to the leaders of PDP.

“The fear of the presidency and the leadership of the PDP is that election could create bad blood within the trustees and lead to crisis.

“The Presidency and party leadership believe that consensus, which had guided past choices of BOT chairman, could strengthen the unity of the party. The party thinks that it is ridiculous to ask leaders within the age bracket of between 70 and 80 years to face election.

“That is why the BOT has not been able to fix a date for the election. The party leadership is weighing consensus option. But where it fails, the aspirants may have to go for the ballot.

Another source said: “Ordinarily, some party leaders prefer Anenih to compensate him for the loss of the BOT office in 2007 but some aspirants do not want to step down for him.

“They also said that since Anenih has just been made the Chairman of the Nigerian Ports Authority, he should forget the NPA.

“Also, Article 12.77 ( c ) of the PDP Constitution says the BOT chairman and Secretary shall serve a single term of five years. Some of the aspirants are of the opinion that Anenih had served his term.”

According to findings, if the party succeeds in adopting consensus, it may look within and beyond the 20 aspirants.

The third source said: “This is why some party leaders are pushing for Ekwueme, Baraje and Oyedokun who are rated as highly-experienced in party and conflict management.

“But the main challenge is the zone which should produce the BOT chairman. While the South-East is strongly pushing for it, the North wants it in line with zoning tradition in BOT.”

Article 12.77 of the PDP reads in part: “The BOT shall elect a chairman and secretary from members of the Board. The chairman and secretary shall also be members of the National Executive Committee.

“Without prejudice to the provision of this Constitution, ensure that the person to be elected chairman and secretary respectively are of proven integrity and have contributed immensely to the growth of the party.”

THOSE IN THE RACE

Chief Tony Anenih

Senator Ahmadu Ali

Chief Harry Akande

Chief Ken Nnamani

Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu

Chief Don Etiebet

Chief Shuaib Oyedokun

UNDER PRESSURE TO ENTER

Chief Alex Ekwueme

Alhaji Kawu Baraje

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/pdp-bot-chair-ahmadu-ali-iwuanyanwu-others-refuse-to-step-down-for-anenih
Re: Iwuanyanwu, Others Refuse To Step-down For Anenih by Dsage1: 3:49pm On Dec 30, 2012
Let them continue fighting over notting. Except GEJ deliver before 2015, Nigerians are ready to vote them out.

2 Likes

Re: Iwuanyanwu, Others Refuse To Step-down For Anenih by PointB: 3:52pm On Dec 30, 2012
The party thinks that it is ridiculous to ask leaders within the age bracket of between 70 and 80 years to face election.

Fair enough, let them find an internal arrangement or face the poll. The latter is even more desirable.

I think Alex Ekueme or Ken Nnamani have what it takes to make good bot chairman in any case. Were I to have a vote, I would be hard pressed choosing between these two men of exemplary conducts.

3 Likes

Re: Iwuanyanwu, Others Refuse To Step-down For Anenih by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 30, 2012
Agbayas who have supposed to retire from politics to take care of their grandkids and give way for younger generations are fighting for an irrelevant position.NIGERIA IS IN A DEEP SHIIT! grin

3 Likes

Re: Iwuanyanwu, Others Refuse To Step-down For Anenih by aljharem(m): 4:06pm On Dec 30, 2012
berem: Agbayas who have supposed to retire from politics to take care of their grandkids and give way for younger generations are fighting for an irrelevant position.NIGERIA IS IN A DEEP SHIIT! grin

Gbammmm On point. This is PDP for you
Re: Iwuanyanwu, Others Refuse To Step-down For Anenih by takedat(m): 4:13pm On Dec 30, 2012
PDP and its promotion of gerontocracy and questionable characters. The Nigerian politician does not know when to quit but would prefer to be circled and recycled till eternity even when its obvious their physical condition, mental capacity and reasoning can no longer cope with the dynamics of this age.
Re: Iwuanyanwu, Others Refuse To Step-down For Anenih by k2039: 4:37pm On Dec 30, 2012
[color=soyouquotedme]Now I know why Anenih was appointed as the chairman of NPA board.

GEJ assumes others will step down for Anenih, with Anenih's influence as BOT chairman he could win the primaries in 2015. Good calculation(Someone will tell the whole country it's too early to talk about 2015, smh).

I just hope Nigerians wouldn't vote for the wrong reasons come 2015.
[/color]

1 Like

Re: Iwuanyanwu, Others Refuse To Step-down For Anenih by lat4real: 4:40pm On Dec 30, 2012
Many of us are hypocrites. Shey na only PDP have elders as their leader? But since it's PDP, they didn't have anything to offer so they should retire. BLOODY HYPOCRITES!!!!
Re: Iwuanyanwu, Others Refuse To Step-down For Anenih by AbdulAdam56(m): 4:45pm On Dec 30, 2012
Wow 2long quotes.
Re: Iwuanyanwu, Others Refuse To Step-down For Anenih by lafuria1(m): 4:49pm On Dec 30, 2012
lat4real: Many of us are hypocrites. Shey na only PDP have elders as their leader? But since it's PDP, they didn't have anything to offer so they should retire. BLOODY HYPOCRITES!!!!

only few post and u are already shouting hypocrites, na wa o. are YOU so angry about the news or wat? or is the media hiding internal fightings in ACN and CPC? life is too short to worry about PDP.

1 Like

Re: Iwuanyanwu, Others Refuse To Step-down For Anenih by lat4real: 4:56pm On Dec 30, 2012
la furia:

only few post and u are already shouting hypocrites, na wa o. are YOU so angry about the news or wat? or is the media hiding internal fightings in ACN and CPC? life is too short to worry about PDP.

My bro, i'm not angry at all. What for? But read all post before mine, you will see what i was talking about.
Re: Iwuanyanwu, Others Refuse To Step-down For Anenih by ejifranks(m): 4:56pm On Dec 30, 2012
THIS MEN WILL NEVER GET TIRED TILL 6FT
Re: Iwuanyanwu, Others Refuse To Step-down For Anenih by lat4real: 4:56pm On Dec 30, 2012
la furia:

My bro, i'm not angry at all. What for? But read all post before mine, you will see what i was talking about.
Re: Iwuanyanwu, Others Refuse To Step-down For Anenih by shizzle11(m): 5:06pm On Dec 30, 2012
ejifranks: THIS MEN WILL NEVER GET TIRED TILL 6FT

Ɣ☺ΰ mean 'THESE MEN?' My thoughts exactly! Its pathetic. Sometimes I'm tempted to wish them quick passage.
Re: Iwuanyanwu, Others Refuse To Step-down For Anenih by buchibabe: 5:07pm On Dec 30, 2012
Old men.dat should hv retired,sit back and tuor d new generation. Dey can kill demselves for all I care. For Gods sake,are dia no new and younger pple to take over? Old names thru out d list
Re: Iwuanyanwu, Others Refuse To Step-down For Anenih by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 30, 2012
PDP ACN APGA ALL SH1T

1 Like

Re: Iwuanyanwu, Others Refuse To Step-down For Anenih by mensdept: 5:19pm On Dec 30, 2012
Former this and former that. Too bad these old fools, including Ekwueme refuse to go.

We need to put them out
Re: Iwuanyanwu, Others Refuse To Step-down For Anenih by Osiris211: 5:29pm On Dec 30, 2012
National party chairman of PDP is 85 years shocked

National "youth" leader of PDP is 62 years shocked

National BOT chairman - to be, is some what close to 82 years shocked

All hail PDP the party of recycled old senile thieving fools.
Re: Iwuanyanwu, Others Refuse To Step-down For Anenih by aspabay(m): 5:31pm On Dec 30, 2012
alj harem: PDP BOT Chair: Ahmadu Ali, Iwuanyanwu, Others Refuse To Step Down For Anenih

The leadership of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is facing a serious challenge from members of the party’s Board of Trustees (BoT) over the planned use of consensus in filling the vacant position of the board chairman.

The Presidency is one with the party leadership on the issue.

However,the BoT members are pushing for voting to elect their chairman which some chieftains see as an unacceptable departure from the consensus tradition of the party.

Party sources told The Nation in Abuja that no less challenging is deciding which of the geo-political zones will provide the BoT Chairman in a manner that will not distort the zoning formula of the PDP in 2015.

About 20 top ranking members of the party are understood to have already obtained forms to occupy the seat which was vacated in June by ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo.

In the race are a former Chairman of the BOT, Chief Tony Anenih; a former National Chairman of the PDP, Senator Ahmadu Ali; a former Deputy National Chairman of the PDP, Chief Shuaib Oyedokun; ex-President of the Senate, Chief Ken Nnamani; and Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu.

Also to contest are a former National Chairman of the All Nigeria Peoples Party(ANPP),Chief Don Etiebet, who is a returnee to the party; a former Chairman of the BOT of ANPP, Chief Harry Akande and 13 others.

Some who did not apply but are being pressurized to join the contest are Second Republic Vice-President Alex Ekwueme and a former acting National Chairman of PDP, Alhaji Kawu Baraje.

It was learnt that none of the applicants is willing to step down for another including Anenih whose BOT chairmanship was hijacked in 2007.

A highly-placed source said: “Members and some of the aspirants are pushing for outright election of the next BOT chairman of the PDP in line with Article 12.77 of the constitution of the party.

“They said the election will prove to the party leaders the level of acceptability of such a candidate to the leaders of PDP.

“The fear of the presidency and the leadership of the PDP is that election could create bad blood within the trustees and lead to crisis.

“The Presidency and party leadership believe that consensus, which had guided past choices of BOT chairman, could strengthen the unity of the party. The party thinks that it is ridiculous to ask leaders within the age bracket of between 70 and 80 years to face election.

“That is why the BOT has not been able to fix a date for the election. The party leadership is weighing consensus option. But where it fails, the aspirants may have to go for the ballot.

Another source said: “Ordinarily, some party leaders prefer Anenih to compensate him for the loss of the BOT office in 2007 but some aspirants do not want to step down for him.

“They also said that since Anenih has just been made the Chairman of the Nigerian Ports Authority, he should forget the NPA.

“Also, Article 12.77 ( c ) of the PDP Constitution says the BOT chairman and Secretary shall serve a single term of five years. Some of the aspirants are of the opinion that Anenih had served his term.”

According to findings, if the party succeeds in adopting consensus, it may look within and beyond the 20 aspirants.

The third source said: “This is why some party leaders are pushing for Ekwueme, Baraje and Oyedokun who are rated as highly-experienced in party and conflict management.

“But the main challenge is the zone which should produce the BOT chairman. While the South-East is strongly pushing for it, the North wants it in line with zoning tradition in BOT.”

Article 12.77 of the PDP reads in part: “The BOT shall elect a chairman and secretary from members of the Board. The chairman and secretary shall also be members of the National Executive Committee.

“Without prejudice to the provision of this Constitution, ensure that the person to be elected chairman and secretary respectively are of proven integrity and have contributed immensely to the growth of the party.”

THOSE IN THE RACE

Chief Tony Anenih

Senator Ahmadu Ali

Chief Harry Akande

Chief Ken Nnamani

Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu

Chief Don Etiebet

Chief Shuaib Oyedokun

UNDER PRESSURE TO ENTER

Chief Alex Ekwueme

Alhaji Kawu Baraje

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/pdp-bot-chair-ahmadu-ali-iwuanyanwu-others-refuse-to-step-down-for-anenih

Ok
Re: Iwuanyanwu, Others Refuse To Step-down For Anenih by onyeego(m): 5:31pm On Dec 30, 2012
PDP is d only and truly national party in Nigeria, d only party that gives opportunity for people to aspire irrespective of where they come from.
I give it to them anytime.
Unlike some parties where the BoT chairman slot is reserved for some individuals.

No wonder people who leave PDP for one reason or d other usually come back cos they will never get a level playing ground like they had in PDP.
Re: Iwuanyanwu, Others Refuse To Step-down For Anenih by vanstanzy(m): 5:31pm On Dec 30, 2012
Am not surprised. But Iwuanyanwu and co may be wasting their time depening on who GEJ roots for though, but i doubt it'll be deceptive Iwuanyanwu. Am not a fan of the party of rogues, but all in all, PDP needs a very serious face-lift.
Re: Iwuanyanwu, Others Refuse To Step-down For Anenih by mensdept: 5:36pm On Dec 30, 2012
onye ego: PDP is d only and truly national party in Nigeria, d only party that gives opportunity for people to aspire irrespective of where they come from.
Unlike some parties where the BoT chairman slot is reserved for some individuals.

No wonder people who leave PDP for one reason or d other usually come back cos they will never get a level playing ground like they had in PDP.

You are not serious. PDP gives the good ole boys the opportunity to aspire, that is, former this and former that to come back.

Fool

1 Like

Re: Iwuanyanwu, Others Refuse To Step-down For Anenih by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 30, 2012
Youth leader 62years? Dat one na my papa mate! If my papa be youth, wetin i come be? Wahala dey o!
Osiris.211:
National party chairman of PDP is 85 years shocked

National "youth" leader of PDP is 62 years shocked

National BOT chairman - to be, is some what close to 82 years shocked

All hail PDP the party of recycled old senile thieving fools.
Re: Iwuanyanwu, Others Refuse To Step-down For Anenih by vanstanzy(m): 5:47pm On Dec 30, 2012
onye ego: PDP is d only and truly national party in Nigeria, d only party that gives opportunity for people to aspire irrespective of where they come from.

Firstly, PDP Bot chairmanship slot was usually reserved for given individuals according to the change in PDP constitution OBJ effected when he was GCFR.
Secondly, cross-carpeters from PDP always return back to the PDP, cos its the party with the strongest rigging machine amongst many, and can rig them into office for their selfish means.
U must be a PDP boi or toy, judging from how sentimental u sound. Tell ur party to sit-up very well!
Re: Iwuanyanwu, Others Refuse To Step-down For Anenih by chiswaggs: 5:48pm On Dec 30, 2012
'In a way that will not distort the zoning arrangement of the party'? Which arrangement? The one that was ourightly disrespected and distorted by Jonathan?
Re: Iwuanyanwu, Others Refuse To Step-down For Anenih by onyeego(m): 5:59pm On Dec 30, 2012
mens dept:

You are not serious. PDP gives the good ole boys the opportunity to aspire, that is, former this and former that to come back.

Fool
its known fact that dumb people will always insult u, when they are overwhelmed.
can't u make ur argument without insults U r an adult for Gods sake.
Calling me fool does not stop me from saying my opinion,its my right.
U also have a right to ignore.
Re: Iwuanyanwu, Others Refuse To Step-down For Anenih by Osiris211: 6:01pm On Dec 30, 2012
Yes nah, the party "youth" leader Garba Chiza na 62 years old small pikin im be. shocked grin grin LWKMD!

As for you, you are just a mere toddler now.

berem: Youth leader 62years? Dat one na my papa mate! If my papa be youth, wetin i come be? Wahala dey o!
Re: Iwuanyanwu, Others Refuse To Step-down For Anenih by onyeego(m): 6:01pm On Dec 30, 2012
vanstanzy:

Firstly, PDP Bot chairmanship slot was usually reserved for given individuals according to the change in PDP constitution OBJ effected when he was GCFR.
Secondly, cross-carpeters from PDP always return back to the PDP, cos its the party with the strongest rigging machine amongst many, and can rig them into office for their selfish means.
U must be a PDP boi or toy, judging from how sentimental u sound. Tell ur party to sit-up very well!
Tell me a party that does not rig
Re: Iwuanyanwu, Others Refuse To Step-down For Anenih by free2ryhme: 6:01pm On Dec 30, 2012

fools talk comment !!!!
Re: Iwuanyanwu, Others Refuse To Step-down For Anenih by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 30, 2012
Osiris.211:
Yes nah, the party "youth" leader Garba Chiza na 62 years old small pikin im be. shocked grin grin LWKMD!

As for you, you are just a mere toddler now.

na wa oh!cheesy
Re: Iwuanyanwu, Others Refuse To Step-down For Anenih by Demdem(m): 6:16pm On Dec 30, 2012
Whatever rocks the killer party boat. Bunch of fools.
Re: Iwuanyanwu, Others Refuse To Step-down For Anenih by lain: 6:29pm On Dec 30, 2012
[/quote] why wont election create bad blood when all the party believe in is to rig election.. They know if election is conducted it would be rigged to favour annenih which would cause chaos in the party so they want the contestant to humbly step down for annenih willngly to avoid problems..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Didn’t Found Niger Delta Avengers – IYC / Akeredolu’s Take-over: Intrigues As Six Jostle For Ondo Speakership. / Court Grants Orji Kalu Leave To Apply For Order To Stop EFCC From Arresting Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.