Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,435 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! (21811 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / Amazing Story: Pastor & Kids Saved After Huge Tree Suddenly Fell On Their SUV / Instead Of Capital Jewish Sentence-stoning, Jesus Was Hung On A Tree: Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by mmonwuba(m): 9:09pm On Feb 27, 2008
Quit unfortunately, i cannot fall into the temptation of a religious arguement.
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by molola(f): 12:41pm On Feb 28, 2008
@alphazee

What some of us do not and refuse to understand is that any man/woman who goes about trying to find fault with other peoples biliefs is in his/her own right trying to cover up the inadequacies of his/her own belief. christians accept Christ for who He is and in the same vein Moslems accept Mohammed for who he is.why judge another man's belief? doing that is a sign of weakness. If you believe you are in the right path, live your life in such a way that others may want to eemulate you. So far based on your comments you have proven that you are not worth emulating. You also need to be careful of what you say and when you say it because you never know what might happen. sad
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by olabowale(m): 6:06am On Feb 29, 2008
@Molola; Mus'lims accept Jesus, Moses and all the other previous prophets, too.

But for what they truly are. There is no fancy imagination to any one of them. This
is the thing you must take away from the Mus'lims. Just the truth, and nothing fancy.
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by samba123(m): 7:28pm On Mar 01, 2008
So the Cross was adapted from pagans! grin

100 PERCENT AGREE ON THAT grin
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by Nobody: 1:52am On Mar 02, 2008
jesus was hung on a tree:[b] story story[/b]
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by Nobody: 4:03am On Mar 02, 2008
poor you, a very literal interpretation of the bibl.
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by ayinba1(f): 2:41pm On Mar 02, 2008
The truth is bitter, very bitter
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by Alphazee(f): 10:05am On Mar 03, 2008
@molola
@alphazee

What some of us do not and refuse to understand is that any man/woman who goes about trying to find fault with other peoples biliefs is in his/her own right trying to cover up the inadequacies of his/her own belief. christians accept Christ for who He is and in the same vein Moslems accept The Great Prophet for who he is.why judge another man's belief? doing that is a sign of weakness. If you believe you are in the right path, live your life in such a way that others may want to eemulate you. So far based on your comments you have proven that you are not worth emulating. You also need to be careful of what you say and when you say it because you never know what might happen.

I only quoted the Bible - and the Bible alone - to butress my assertions. If you are not comfortable with the verses quoted, why not delete them and publish your own version (Omolola Revised Standard Version) of the Bible, as did King James and the others? grin grin grin
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by sleek29(m): 10:20am On Aug 25, 2009
@POSTER, how does that affect the fact that Jesus was crucified and he arose on the third day, whether tree or cross, i know he was crucified because of me, those who think carrying a crucifix around are all idolaters(catholics), thinking the cross can save them, that makes it look as if Christ is still hanging on the cross. embarassed
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by JPot: 10:24am On Aug 25, 2009
"Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross!"

Okay, Does that change the meaning of the gospel? Does it stand in the way of salvation. Do all of this detail-derailing time-consuming OH Easter is pagan. OH christmas wasn't celebrated in Decemeber, Ho Ho Hoax. OH Catholics are the anti-christ. Etc Does it in any way bring people to Christ, or does it make you look like fools in a nutshell rebelling against common beliefs?

What kind of message are you sending? What are you portraying as your first-impression to potential converts?
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by Abuzola(m): 10:31am On Aug 25, 2009
Why won't christian accept the truth despite referrence from their bible. This really gotta show that christianity is just do as you like. What a fun
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by JPot: 10:43am On Aug 25, 2009
Someone posted that worshiping a cross (derived from Egypt) is idolatry,

I just wanted to point out that no modern day Christian worships a cross, or Mary, etc. We worship Jesus.

Ever heard the expression: It's the thought that counts.

Everyone has heard about your disgust for pagan icons that have sifted into modern-day Churches. But that doesn't mean that we serve Satan because we have some ancient resemblances of Ankh on our Church steeples. And it doesn't mean that we should PASTE all of this hate towards Catholicism in our brochures. People aren't interested in it. They are interested in Christ our Savior.
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by richjohn1(m): 2:19pm On Aug 25, 2009
Many people just carry bibles about they know little or nothing about xtianity the cross is an ancient paganistic symbol, it has NOTHING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with christianity even the catholic encylopaedia acknowledges it. It was coined into christianity by the catholics, pope constantine false vision and his victory at the battle of the milvian bridge was the beginning of the demonic symbol invasion into christiandom.
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by PastorAIO: 2:49pm On Aug 25, 2009
rich_john:

Many people just carry bibles about they know little or nothing about xtianity the cross is an ancient paganistic symbol, it has NOTHING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with christianity even the catholic encylopaedia acknowledges it. It was coined into christianity by the catholics, pope constantine false vision and his victory at the battle of the milvian bridge was the beginning of the demonic symbol invasion into christiandom.

The symbol that Constantine saw was not the Cross but rather the Chi Rho, a P with an X on it. That was a symbol that christians had been using for centuries as well as the Ichtus.
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by CY09: 4:24pm On Aug 25, 2009
This thread is uncalled for i refuse to comment. U guys should just let the matter be.
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by ukotmi: 4:17pm On Aug 26, 2009
The most important to me is; He died for me. Period.
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by kamalEdozie: 5:20am On Oct 13, 2015
MCUsman:

Yes they can call a wooden bench a tree. ”
It is as simple as proving by some mathematical formula how water can remain water and the same time be fire, or how a stone can be a stone and at the same time be water too. I do not think any sensible man on earth can ever conceive such a stupid possibility.
The cross is the basic formula and symbol of the Christian Faith this symbol like the trinity/Matrix is beyond the grasp of human reason. One should believe in the doctrine only by one’s heart and mind! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided period.

@ babawomolo

", seeing they see not; hearing they hear not, neither do they understand." (Matthew 13:13) .

babawomolo you are one of the big fools of this 21st century. Yes your Lord Jesus Christ was hanged on a tree and your apostle Paul confirmed it in Galatians 3:13 and GOD cursed anyone that is hanged on a tree in Deuteronomy 21:23 and your apostle also confirmed that your Lord Jesus Christ was made a curse for you in the same Galatians 3:13. Your Lord Jesus Christ was hanged on a tree and was cursed by GOD and you are here arguing things you do not understand yet you say others do not understand. You even left your Twitter handle at the end of your foolishness for fools like you to follow you. What an arrogant, foolish, to- be celebrity of the 21st century. cry cry
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by olalekan9320(m): 11:17am On Oct 13, 2015
Jarus:
Sincerely no amount of statistics can make me agree that there is a better school in Nigeria than OAU,UI,UNILAG, (order not too important). I just like those three universities. Too prestigious. ABU also rules, but in the North
if u HV not mentioned d better by far university u are totally wrong
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by olalekan9320(m): 11:22am On Oct 13, 2015
MCUsman:

Yes they can call a wooden bench a tree. ”
It is as simple as proving by some mathematical formula how water can remain water and the same time be fire, or how a stone can be a stone and at the same time be water too. I do not think any sensible man on earth can ever conceive such a stupid possibility.
The cross is the basic formula and symbol of the Christian Faith this symbol like the trinity/Matrix is beyond the grasp of human reason. One should believe in the doctrine only by one’s heart and mind! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided period.

@ babawomolo

", seeing they see not; hearing they hear not, neither do they understand." (Matthew 13:13) .

instead of u to rethink u kept on believing what is not real
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by Kudducini(m): 6:36pm On Oct 13, 2015
Where Is Hahn And Truthman Am Sure They Have Something To Say
+ I Hope This Girl Wont Initiate You Both As " Cowards"
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by Kudducini(m): 6:38pm On Oct 13, 2015
molola:
@alphazee

What some of us do not and refuse to understand is that any man/woman who goes about trying to find fault with other peoples biliefs is in his/her own right trying to cover up the inadequacies of his/her own belief. christians accept Christ for who He is and in the same vein Moslems accept Mohammed for who he is.why judge another man's belief? doing that is a sign of weakness. If you believe you are in the right path, live your life in such a way that others may want to eemulate you. So far based on your comments you have proven that you are not worth emulating. You also need to be careful of what you say and when you say it because you never know what might happen. sad

Then Caution Those On Of Other Belief Trying To Mock Pples Belief
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by hahn(m): 6:40pm On Oct 13, 2015
Kudducini:
Where Is Hahn And Truthman Am Sure They Have Something To Say

+ I Hope This Girl Wont Initiate You Both As " Cowards"

Yes, I agree with her. Jesus was also hung upside down undecided

What has this even got to do with me? undecided
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by Kudducini(m): 7:22pm On Oct 13, 2015
hahn:

Yes, I agree with her. Jesus was also hung upside down undecided
What has this even got to do with me? undecided

I Had Thought You Will Have Some Defence Against Her Quotes
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by hahn(m): 8:13pm On Oct 13, 2015
Kudducini:

I Had Thought You Will Have Some Defence Against Her Quotes

No, I don't.

Apparently this is a Muslim vs Christian thread. I am atheist so my only duty is to tell them they are both practicing rubbish grin

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by johnw74: 1:43am On Oct 14, 2015
Alphazee:
I can tell you authoritatively that Jesus was hung on a tree. grin

Acts 10:39 "whom they slew and hanged on a tree"

Acts 5:30 "Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree"

Acts 13:29 "they took him down from the tree"

1 Peter 2:24 "who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree"

the Greek word in those verses is "xulon" which means timber

another Greek word used, for what Jesus carried to the execution site is "stauros"
which means pole or cross
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by Anas09: 9:42pm On Oct 18, 2015
Aw Jehovah' Witnesses with the spirit of arguments. Always looking for disputes.

Pls folk let's look at this.

The mode of purnishment.

Who killed or crucified Christ?
Was Christ killed by the Jews, and in a manner the jews kills a crimiinal? No. That would have been stoning to death.

Did the Romans killed Jesus? Yes? Was being Crucified on the Cross a mode of killing criminals by Rome? Yes.

Did they change their method of killing wen it came to Jesus? Why will they do that?

Jehovah's Witnesses.

Being crucified on the cross was a known method of killing those who they considered criminals, it was widely practiced in the then world. Except you are saying the Romans crucified other criminals on the cross, but changed only wen it partained to Christ, and nailed him to straight wood (stake).
What's the point of this argument anyway?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by johnw74: 12:02am On Oct 21, 2015
^^^

True
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by Richirich713: 7:20am On Oct 21, 2015
Alphazee:
I can tell you authoritatively that Jesus was hung on a tree. grin

Acts 10:39 "whom they slew and hanged on a tree"

Acts 5:30 "Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree"

Acts 13:29 "they took him down from the tree"

1 Peter 2:24 "who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree"

And the same Paul refers to the tree as a cross, Cleary showing the bible uses the term xulon. To refer to the cross.

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God." 1 Corinthians 1:18

May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world." Galatians 6:14
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by Malcolm33: 10:15pm On Mar 13, 2016
Alphazee:
@4him

so why use the cross as a symbol of Christianity?

The Crucifixion story was not in the earliest Bible. It was not in Mark until added much later, possibly as late as the 6th century. Furthermore the Trinity is not in the Sinai Bible either. This too was added to the whole mythical story and clearly by an Egyptian Coptic monk who knew the story of the Egyptian Trinity which can be seen painted on one wall of the tomb of Ymn Twt Ankh. The first two chapters of Luke are shown in 4 scenes and the same story told in Hieroglyphs in the Temple of Salim Amen III (Solomon) at Luxor and at Denderah. Only difference is that in the Egyptian version it was the Virgin Goddess Ahst-Meri (means Beloved of Isis) who conceived but it was the living Queen of Egypt who then gave birth to the Holy Child who would become the next King and therefore the Living Son of God whom they called IOSA. The Greeks changed this into Iesous and then it became Jesus. It is still spelled as IOSA in Scots Gaelic. The Arabs called him ISSA.
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by ismail00(m): 1:26pm On Sep 15, 2016
JeSoul:
here's a free tip alphazee:

if you can tell us what the crosses they hung people from were made of, I promise it'll open up a whole new world of insight you previously didn't know about grin

Option A: trees
Option B: wood
Option C: I refuse to accept trees or wood as the answer for no good reason.
tongue
so u don't know the meaning of hanging
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by ismail00(m): 6:41pm On Feb 18, 2017
JeSoul:

if you can tell us what the crosses they hung people from were made of, I promise it'll open up a whole new world of insight you previously didn't know about grin

tongue
base on your logic i can also say he was hung on any funiture and it will stand.
Re: Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! by ismail00(m): 6:47pm On Feb 18, 2017
JeSoul:

tongue
secondly mr man can u explain hung vs nailed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Donates N1m To A Baby Who Lost His Mother After Delivery(pics) / Bishop Isaac Idahosa Distributes Food, Cash To Over 600 Nigerians / Bill To Regulate Preaching In Kaduna: CAN Kicks As JNI Supports It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.