Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,400 members, 7,826,553 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Where Is Our Poverty Mentality Leading Us? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Is Our Poverty Mentality Leading Us? (514 Views)

I Think D Lazy Northerners Should Be Blamed For Our Poverty Rating / Please Check Our Poverty Rate Before Making Our Votes In 2007. / We Africans Are The Architects Of Our Poverty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Our Poverty Mentality Leading Us? by semochendo1(m): 6:03pm On Dec 30, 2012
The tragedy in Nigeria is not in the poverty riden society we find ourselves,but in our poverty mentality... An old man,close to 70, was looking for a security or gateman job. Someone introduced it to my uncle,who dont need such service for now.

My uncle ask this man like how mch he want/month so he can introduce him to a friend,the man said 10,000. So,my uncle told him to say 20k when his friend comes,that 10k is too small.

Later in the day,my uncle's friend came,ask the man how mch he wants,the man said 10k,my uncle amazingly ask the man again bcs he knows his friend was payin like 30k for the same serviz before,and the man reiterated 10,000. So,the deal was zealed n the man is to resume on Monday..

Where I'm goin is,after my uncle's friend left,me n my uncle calld him n ask why he mentiond 10k after he has been told to ask for 20k... And the man replied.. "I was afraid the money is too mch and he might be discouraged n I'll lose d job''
Re: Where Is Our Poverty Mentality Leading Us? by k2039: 6:09pm On Dec 30, 2012
[color=soyouquotedme]This is pathetic. [/color]

(1) (Reply)

They Will Overthrow , If You Create Ijaw Anything In Edo,ondo,delta By Musiwa / FG Not Spending N60bn On Mobile Phones For Farmers —minister / Nigeria Is Plunging Into Confusion - Emir Of Zuru

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.