Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,438 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Akon Settles Fight In Calabar. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Akon Settles Fight In Calabar. (19193 Views)

Photo: Dangote Finally Settles The Trouble Between Tiwa And Teebillz / 2shotz Settles With Police After Unlawful Detention / Kenny Ogungbe And Tony Okoroji Fight In Public (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akon Settles Fight In Calabar. by SirJonse(m): 7:59pm On Dec 30, 2012
Now, this is one hilarious and daring news to set off your Sunday on a good footing. Akon was in Cross River state to perform at the annual Calabar Carnival along side Psquare, MayD and Jmartins. The Senegalese born American R & B superstar was busy doing his performance inside the UJ Esuene stadium when he noticed a group of boys fighting and asked them to stop.

According to what we gathered, the singer threatened to go through the mammoth crowd to settle the fight if they wouldn’t stop but the fighting group were too busy drawing blood to listen and before the fans knew what was happening, Akon had jumped into the crowd even as his bodyguards were taken by surprise.

He reportedly kept screaming “Lift me up..ama go out there, take me there.” Instead of lifting him to where the fight was taking place, the crowd was more interested in stripping him of his belt and the left leg of his shoe. By the time his bodyguards reached him, his belt buckle was gone too.

Not one to give up easily, Akon went back stage and to the crowd’s bewilderment, the singer got into some kind of protective balloon, stood on stage and then suddenly leapt into the crowd, shielded by that balloon as the crowd kept throwing him around the stadium like a ball.

Eventually, he fulfilled his mission and the Calabar crowd steered him safely back towards the stage where he came out of the balloon sending the crowd into a wild frenzy.

http://www.informationnigeria.org/2012/12/photos-akons-unbelievable-peace-moves-in-calabar.html

1 Like

Re: Akon Settles Fight In Calabar. by dopeJemi: 8:12pm On Dec 30, 2012
if I say I get wetin 2 taLk, I go dey Lie

Anyhau sha, I don comment, incase e make front page
grin

9 Likes

Re: Akon Settles Fight In Calabar. by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 30, 2012
Hahaha,, boys just dey bone o, them no dey smile at all.....If am not the second to comment, who else?(dettol)
Re: Akon Settles Fight In Calabar. by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 30, 2012
Lol,i like akon sha.just a typical african guy
Re: Akon Settles Fight In Calabar. by AbdulAdam56(m): 7:35am On Dec 31, 2012
Akon is a nice guy,let me change this topic 2 another topic grin,u knw akon was a muslim nd muslims don't like fighting. tongue

4 Likes

Re: Akon Settles Fight In Calabar. by Nobody: 7:38am On Dec 31, 2012
Abdul Adam56: Akon is a nice guy,let me change this topic 2 another topic grin,u knw akon was a muslim nd muslims don't like fighting. tongue
muslims don't like fighting.... So na film them dey act in north now abi?...BH was a founded and formed by christians, mtewwww

15 Likes

Re: Akon Settles Fight In Calabar. by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 31, 2012
Abdul Adam56: Akon is a nice guy,let me change this topic 2 another topic grin,u knw akon was a muslim nd muslims don't like fighting. tongue
cheesy ure very hilarious,trouble sleep,yanga go wake am.let the likes of maclatunji see this. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Akon Settles Fight In Calabar. by gboyetade: 9:20am On Dec 31, 2012
Worthy of emulation. All hail King Akon
Re: Akon Settles Fight In Calabar. by MMotimo: 9:21am On Dec 31, 2012
Brave fellow
Re: Akon Settles Fight In Calabar. by Emmy9ite(m): 9:21am On Dec 31, 2012
Guys sharp o. He is very lucky its not warri, he would gone back to the stage naked cheesy
Re: Akon Settles Fight In Calabar. by markus1133: 9:21am On Dec 31, 2012
brave
Re: Akon Settles Fight In Calabar. by izenco2005(m): 9:22am On Dec 31, 2012
cryAkon plz come back home, ur my senior brother
Re: Akon Settles Fight In Calabar. by visionbiafra: 9:23am On Dec 31, 2012
Protective balloon?? Never heard of dat b4. D whole story sounds like a fairy tale
Re: Akon Settles Fight In Calabar. by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 31, 2012
;DAhahaha. Na me take hm belt.....e d my house
Re: Akon Settles Fight In Calabar. by Ganys: 9:25am On Dec 31, 2012
Not new, he did same in ilorin last year.....NEXT

1 Like

Re: Akon Settles Fight In Calabar. by Francheezy(m): 9:27am On Dec 31, 2012
d!z iz just x0 h!lari0us and unbelievable....u bel!eve diz draB ?
Re: Akon Settles Fight In Calabar. by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 31, 2012
Why do those people have to act so shamefully? undecided

Akon and his big heart, lol. Nice of him to be so thoughtful.

But beats me how some people would behave this way.
Re: Akon Settles Fight In Calabar. by NoiseMaker1: 9:31am On Dec 31, 2012
People lyk worshipping celebrities, why? I know dat dis is not d 1st tym dey told them not 2 fight
Re: Akon Settles Fight In Calabar. by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 31, 2012
Can someone explain how Akon did this?

Re: Akon Settles Fight In Calabar. by pwiz(m): 9:33am On Dec 31, 2012
Same thing he did when he came to Ilorin to perform den October 2010. He threatened some guys who were disrupting the crowd and was also inside the same protective ballon.

Re: Akon Settles Fight In Calabar. by FXKing2012(m): 9:37am On Dec 31, 2012
Dr. Wise:

the balloon thing is really hillarious
Re: Akon Settles Fight In Calabar. by Aizebioje(m): 9:42am On Dec 31, 2012
Oh boy see action film. Protective baloon ke?
Can't stop lafn jhor.
Na realy fairy Tale
Re: Akon Settles Fight In Calabar. by pwiz(m): 9:42am On Dec 31, 2012
Dr. Wise:
its a balloon with a zip. Check the pix well, u will see the balloon has a yellow exit with a black strip down.
Re: Akon Settles Fight In Calabar. by Aizebioje(m): 9:42am On Dec 31, 2012
Oh boy see action film. Protective baloon ke?
Can't stop lafn jhor.
Na really fairy Tale
Re: Akon Settles Fight In Calabar. by lain: 9:43am On Dec 31, 2012
So akon neva learn from the lagos show.. He is still jumpin into the crowd.. Next time u jump into the crowd in naija u may come out wit nothin

1 Like

Re: Akon Settles Fight In Calabar. by lat4real: 9:45am On Dec 31, 2012
Passing....
Re: Akon Settles Fight In Calabar. by maclatunji: 9:46am On Dec 31, 2012
This is hilarious!

1 Like

Re: Akon Settles Fight In Calabar. by pekelepekele(m): 9:48am On Dec 31, 2012
I like this guy too much . He is very down to heart , If it was one of our Nigerian artist that has the fame and money AKON has . He won't even be chatting with lot of his colleagues .
Re: Akon Settles Fight In Calabar. by Born2beRich1(m): 9:49am On Dec 31, 2012
visionbiafra: Protective balloon?? Never heard of dat b4. D whole story sounds like a fairy tale

Didnt you see the picture of the protective baloon

2 Likes

Re: Akon Settles Fight In Calabar. by seunfly: 9:50am On Dec 31, 2012
Very funy haaahaaa!!! So Akon was robbed live in a show in Nigeria woooow!!! 9ja i hail ooO! Calabar i salute ooO!
Re: Akon Settles Fight In Calabar. by azimibraun: 9:51am On Dec 31, 2012
I wish 2 say smthing o! Bt me jst short of words maaaaaan!!!! After dem go say naija music baaaad lk hell.. Bt see hw akon jst dey outshine our guys all d time.. because him songs mk sense. After all dis azonto music what is d next line of action for our weak azonto, alingo,yori yori,tinko tinko etc naija artiste dem?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Richest Nollywood Actresses And Their Worth / Alleged Theft: Actress Lizzy Anjorin Narrates What Really Happened At Eko Market / Mercy Johnson & Jim Iyke Pictured On Set

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.