Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,147 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Do You Guys Confess? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Guys Confess? (751 Views)

Pastor And Native Doctor Confess To Killing People, Paraded With Their Rituals / Praying Loudly Vs Praying Quietly: What Do You Guys Think. / Why Do Catholics Confess Their Sins To Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Guys Confess? by Nobody: 6:44am On Dec 31, 2012
is it a sin to not confess?
this is my story like most of Catholics i didn't choose my religion, my parents/family bathed,nourished me with the Catholic faith the day i was born, till 10th grades(the day of my communion)i was a good catholic some doubts but i still had faith in the Catholic church and her teachings. when i entered 11th grade i started questioning my faith and every ceremonies/rituals we usually do as Catholic. the first bone of contention was with the bible i just realized that this book is a comic book.
but the 2nd and the most important is about confession, i realized that there is no clear origin of confession as it is practiced today, no recommendation from Jesus ,his prophets and etc. so who created the confession as we know it today , i have my idea about that:
we all know(we catholic/christian) that back in the days we were persecuted,killed in few words we were deeply hated, however with the conversion of some kings(powerful and important) Christianity began to be accepted and
tolerated till to become one if not the most powerful religion in the world.
we also know that Christians lived in small community ,so the kings,or the religious leader needed to have a control of their subjects ,that's why they put in place the confession so that people will tell what they did ,or think and they could intervene if need is. we can easily conclude when analyzing the Christian life that Confession is the fruit of some curious and perverted mind ,who wanted to know what you do in your bed with your wife , if you masturbate , if you , if you ...etcccc . that's technically why i have only confessed twice in my life :the day of my communion and the day of my confirmation. so guys no need to confess , Jesus asked u to repent your sins to his Father directly not through some priest who are just enjoying your story and will one take you as example when they preach.

STOP CONFESSING;IT IS MORALLY WRONG
Re: Do You Guys Confess? by Nobody: 7:42am On Dec 31, 2012
Good morning sir,

Sorry to say but your conclusion that "Confession is morally wrong" does not have a proper footing. You think the bible is a cosmic book (hence you can't rely on it) but you tried to argue using this book which you have already written off.

Anyways, if you are of the opinion that confessing ones sin to a 'minister' is against sacred scriptures then I believe you are not really grounded in sacred scriptures.

As Children it is appropriate for our parents to make some decisions on our behalf. We really didn't ask to go to school, we never asked to be fed and it also follows that we need not tell them which religion we want for ourselves. I don't expect any adult to remain Christian just because the parents were one. We need to decide what we want. If you choose to throw away sacred scriptures then it's your choice but saying that confession is wrong because it is not biblical is very incorrect and you didn't tell us how it is against morals.

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Do You Guys Confess? by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 31, 2012
striktlymi: Good morning sir,
good morning sir

[quote author=striktlymi]Sorry to say but your conclusion that "Confession is morally wrong " does not have a proper footing. You think the bible is a cosmic book (hence you can't rely on it) but you tried to argue using this book which you have already written off.[quote]
it does have a foothing, i said it already.
yes the bible is a comic book i just can't believe or it doesn't make any sense that someone can open and walk in a ocean
it doesn't make any sense that you can brake a rampart wall by only singing the name of GOD
it doesn't make any sense that the older men who ever walked on earth(African men)are not mentioned in the bible.

[quote author=striktlymi]Anyways, if you are of the opinion that confessing ones sin to a 'minister' is against sacred scriptures then I believe you are not really grounded in sacred scriptures.
i have never said it is against , i just said it is not written therefore not an obligation as people want to make us believe ,in fact i think confession should be a choice not a duty because Jesus and his prophets never asked to that and even the bible never asked to confess,meaning we can commonly conclude that confession has been added in the Catholic/christian church by some perverted mind who enjoy our stories ...

striktlymi: As Children it is appropriate for our parents to make some decisions on our behalf. We really didn't ask to go to school, we never asked to be fed and it also follows that we need not tell them which religion we want for ourselves. I don't expec any adult to remain Christian just because the parents were one. We need to decide what we want. If you choose to throw away sacred scriptures then it's your choice but saying that confession is wrong because it is not biblical is very incorrect and you didn't tell us how it is against morals.[quote]
i don't really blame my parents like you said parents do what they think are good for us.
[b]confession is morally wrong because you keep feeding some perverted mind with your stories(sins)
, i can't count how many confession stories i have heard from priests, they don't even keep it secret.
Confession or his introduction in the christian life is the result of christian curiosity and way to control their community.
back then christians lived in small community and confession was a way to know the easy girl , the girls who already think about sex , who touch/masturbate etc, they will innocently come to tell their so called sins and the priest/religious leader will use it against them to satisfy his own sexual desire, priest A will the girl to come see him after the mass to talk about it and we know how it always ends[/b].

[quote author=striktlymi]Thank you![quote]
welcome.thanks for your participation.stop confessing

Re: Do You Guys Confess? by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 31, 2012
Good afternoon sir,

Sorry but it's very funny that you think your conclusion has a proper footing. Your comment:

CAMEROONPRIDE: it does have a foothing, i said it already. yes the bible is a comic book i just can't believe or it doesn't make any sense that someone can open and walk in a ocean it doesn't make any sense that you can brake a rampart wall by only singing the name of GOD it doesn't make any sense that the older men who ever walked on earth(African men)are not mentioned in the bible.

Now in arriving at your conclusion which makes a whole lot of sense to you, you relied on a "book" which in your view does not make any sense? I guess this makes perfect sense, doesn't it? I don't think there is any need for me to argue my position using sacred scriptures since you consider it "a comic book" but for the avoidance of doubt you should realize that reference was made to Africa in both the old and new testament. For starters, Joseph was sold into slavery in Egypt. And really sacred scriptures is not meant to be used like an atlas.

You should also realize sir that to suggest that confession was brought about by perverts is entirely your opinion and you have no basis for this. The fact that you have the right to hold your own opinion does not make it right. To also suggest that ministers of confession are perverts by the pics you uploaded is fallacious. If indeed you know 'some' ministers of confession who are not true to their oath of secrecy and some who molest some people who come to them for confession does not in any way mean that every minister of confession is like that.

If you want to stay clear of confession then by all means do but to suggest that confession is not scriptural is another matter and really show your lack of depth in sacred scriptures.

Thank you!
Re: Do You Guys Confess? by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 31, 2012
striktlymi: Will be back. Duty calls!
okay.

to you all in the first picture she is confessing that she did a bj to his bf ,and asking if God is going to punish her, and the priest is asking a demonstration for a better answer undecided
Re: Do You Guys Confess? by advocate666: 10:38am On Dec 31, 2012
striktlymi: Will be back. Duty calls!

Is that what you call your wife?
Re: Do You Guys Confess? by Lovethywilbedon: 11:01am On Dec 31, 2012
It pains me alot to see fellow Catholics who didn't Understand the TRUE FAITH that was handed on to them, but instead of them to do the honourable thing of meeting their priest or any catholic faithful for questions and clearifications or make research themselves, they move straight to NairaLand Religious Section to creat threads and make blasphamous statements like the one above, that confession is not biblical but was made up by powerful men so that they can know what their subjects are doing. For you information Jesus Christ Himself instituted the Sacrament of Penance or Reconciliation or Confession [Jn20:21-23]. After the resurrection, Jesus clearly gave His apostles, mere mortals, the authority to forgive sins saying, "Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive anyone his sins they are forgiven, if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven". Was it not as a result of this authority that the apostle Paul could tell the leaders (prisbesters ie PRISTS) of the church at Corinth [2Cor.2:10] "If you forgive anyone, I also forgive him. And what I have forgiven, if there is anything to forgive-I have forgiven in the sight of Christ for your sake" Now who was Paul to have been qualified to forgive sins on behalf of Christ.. Why not ask yourself how could these people (Apostles and Prisbesters) have forgiven sins unless they have known about them through Confession. Good students ask questions when the don't understand and when they do, clearifications are made and the student learn, on the other hand bad students don't ask questions when they don't understand rather they PROTEST and complain that their teacher is fake and worse, they are too lazy to read and that is why they don't learn anything. Please stop you PROTEST and BLASPHAMY and do the right thing. In case you need more biblical passages that supports confession or men forgiving sins read the following James5:15-16, Acts19:18-19, Matthew3:5-6, Matthew9:8. That is only if you have not thrown away your BIBLE.
Re: Do You Guys Confess? by Lovethywilbedon: 11:20am On Dec 31, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: okay.

to you all in the first picture she is confessing that she did a bj to his bf ,and asking if God is going to punish her, and the priest is asking a demonstration for a better answer undecided
Please try to make the difference between diagrams and reality. Is "that" what your Priest did to you In any of the two Confessions you miraculously attended? If so please post the real pictures for us lets see.
Re: Do You Guys Confess? by Rich4god(m): 12:46pm On Dec 31, 2012
Lovethywilbedon: Please try to make the difference between diagrams and reality. Is "that" what your Priest did to you In any of the two Confessions you miraculously attended? If so please post the real pictures for us lets see.
I think no need for him to provide real pix... Let him just tell us what happened between him and the priest when he went for confession.
Re: Do You Guys Confess? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 31, 2012
advocate666:

Is that what you call your wife?

Good afternoon sir,

Didn't know you could be this funny. Anyways I am not that lucky.
Re: Do You Guys Confess? by Jezuspoa: 3:55pm On Dec 31, 2012
striktlymi:

Good afternoon sir,

Didn't know you could be this funny. Anyways I am not that lucky.
gooat is that the worst you can do?
Run away like as usual like the coward you are!
I'll tell u something stop wasteing your time on net do something productive like reading for your JAMB and PUME.
Btw seems like this is your 7th Jamb.dundee!
www.nairaland.com/education/urgent-i-need-info-please
Re: Do You Guys Confess? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Dec 31, 2012
striktlymi: Good afternoon sir,

[quote author=striktlymi]Sorry but it's very funny that you think your conclusion has a proper footing. Your comment:
,good afternoon sir, you don't ignore that for a long time religious leader were king , i mean our popes were king and most of time they were people of low morality.

striktlymi: Now in arriving at your conclusion which makes a whole lot of sense to you, you relied on a "book" which in your view does not make any sense? I guess this makes perfect sense, doesn't it?[quote]
to castigate the confession i didn't rely on any book, the absence of this act/rituals in every holy should tell you a lot. I
[quote author=striktlymi]don't think there is any need for me to argue my position using sacred scriptures since you consider it "a comic book" but for the avoidance of doubt you should realize that reference was made to Africa in both the old and new testament. For starters, Joseph was sold into slavery in Egypt. And really sacred scriptures is not meant to be used like an atlas.
i said to African,my dear not Africa and do not mention Potiphar he is just irrelevant, how come people who lived in caverns at these times are mentioned and have the exclusivity in the holy book .people who back then didn't even know how to write and read(most of them) it is a fact that the bible has bee written by people with a hidden agenda,hence the reject of some books and scriptures written by several others prophets and people who lived near jesus.
and i appreciate that you didn't try to explain moses nonsense and jericho moon tale

striktlymi: You should also realize sir that to suggest that confession was brought about by perverts is entirely your opinion and you have no basis for this. The fact that you have the right to hold your own opinion does not make it right. To also suggest that ministers of confession are perverts by the pics you uploaded is fallacious. If indeed you know 'some' ministers of confession who are not true to their oath of secrecy and some who molest some people who come to them for confession does not in any way mean that every minister of confession is like that.[quote]
trust me there is no smoke without fire those pics are what happens on a daily basis, and i'm not blaming all the priests,i'm just making a point of how the confession has a perverted background.
trust me actually i'm not even blaming the priests, because if a girl come and tell me her sexual exploit i will be excited too ,after all they are humans,i'm blaming the confession which exposes, which is useless since Jesus allowed us to talk to him and his father whenever we want.
Again i do think it makes a lot of sense if you stop thinking about modern Christianity ,just go back to when we lived in small community, in convent,hostels etc

[quote author=striktlymi]If you want to stay clear of confession then by all means do but to suggest that confession is not scriptural is another matter and really show your lack of depth in sacred scriptures.
you keep questioning my knowledge of the sacred scriptures, i don't know why and how i have no knowledge about the sacred scriptures, anyway, i received all my sacraments and i think you know the requirement for all f them.

Thank you!
Re: Do You Guys Confess? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 31, 2012
Lovethywilbedon: Please try to make the difference between diagrams and reality. Is "that" what your Priest did to you In any of the two Confessions you miraculously attended? If so please post the real pictures for us lets see.
i said it already i only confessed twice in my life the first time during my communion and the second time during my confirmation ,also each time there were people waiting in line and we were outside , so calm down madam i have never been abused by a priest
Re: Do You Guys Confess? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 31, 2012
Lovethywilbedon: It pains me alot to see fellow Catholics who didn't Understand the TRUE FAITH that was handed on to them, but instead of them to do the honourable thing of meeting their priest or any catholic faithful for questions and clearifications or make research themselves, they move straight to NairaLand Religious Section to creat threads and make blasphamous statements like the one above, that confession is not biblical but was made up by powerful men so that they can know what their subjects are doing. For you information Jesus Christ Himself instituted the Sacrament of Penance or Reconciliation or Confession [Jn20:21-23]
to his father God, Madam they were no priest back then ,so what he meant by penance was not the confession which we practice nowadays
Lovethywilbedon: After the resurrection, Jesus clearly gave His apostles, mere mortals, the authority to forgive sins saying, "Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive anyone his sins they are forgiven, if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven". Was it not as a result of this authority that the apostle Paul could tell the leaders (prisbesters ie PRISTS) of the church at Corinth [2Cor.2:10] "If you forgive anyone, I also forgive him. And what I have forgiven, if there is anything to forgive-I have forgiven in the sight of Christ for your sake" Now who was Paul to have been qualified to forgive sins on behalf of Christ
Madam , Jesus allowed them to convert people,accomplish miracles and forgive sins because they received the holy spirit, but i would like to point out something in your write up, the forgiveness of the sins back then was not as now, it was not a confession ,your sins were forgiven without you telling your life to the prophets/apostles i could give you a lot of examples of Jesus forgiving people without confession but you will probably tell me that he didn't need one because he knew everything[quote author=Lovethywilbedon]Why not ask yourself how could these people (Apostles and Prisbesters) have forgiven sins unless they have known about them through Confession.[quote] who said they knew about them , you are the only one making this claim/assertion. Apostles missions was to bring the message of Jesus to non-believers for them to that Jesus/God allowed them to talk every languages and make miracles after that they received the holy spirit, which they couldn't do that before. apostles didn't make any confessions ,they forgave people(non-christians) through the baptem,not by listening people stories in a box[quote author=Lovethywilbedon]Good students ask questions when the don't understand and when they do, clearifications are made and the student learn, on the other hand bad students don't ask questions when they don't understand rather they PROTEST and complain that their teacher is fake and worse, they are too lazy to read and that is why they don't learn anything. Please stop you PROTEST and BLASPHAMY and do the right thing[quote]
as a Catholic you should know that our Church is the freest,GOD and Jesus allowed us to question our faith ,there is nothing wrong to condemn something which has been added through the time by some perverted minds, that's why i like Catholic we are free thinker at least there is no pressure and persecution on you, BTW my thread is a question and the first sentence is a question so i guess i'm a good student[quote author=Lovethywilbedon]In case you need more biblical passages that supports confession or men forgiving sins read the following James5:15-16, Acts19:18-19, Matthew3:5-6, Matthew9:8. That is only if you have not thrown away your BIBLE.
men forgiving sins i have already explained why they were able to do so ,furthermore that was not my complain , my complain is about the practice as we know it today.

now i i may ask do you think priest are apostles/prophets?
Do we need to confess to a priest?
are priests really allowed to confess us?

thank you for your time and your participation Madam
Re: Do You Guys Confess? by tobechi20(m): 8:04pm On Dec 31, 2012
If u cant confes to a priest, confes to someone else , ur broda, friend,colleague.

When u sin and are sorry, and decide to tel God in private, u still feel guilty. At times u doubt if u have realy bin 4gven.

Wen u tell anoda person, the guilt reduces. Dat y most protestant decide to confes to their pastor.they want to hear a voice tell them YOUR SIN IS FORGIVEN GO AND SIN NO MORE. at times d pastor tel them to fast for seven days. THIS ASSURES D SINNER DAT HE HAS BIN 4GVEN.

It is not only a catholic affair. Every church does it. Catholic only made it more organised and compulsory.

Look at it dis way, if you sin, u tell God privately , no one knows. There is that tendency to sin again.

But when u are going to confes to someone, the task alone makes u think twice b4 comitin sin
Re: Do You Guys Confess? by Rich4god(m): 9:34pm On Dec 31, 2012
camerunpride:
trust me there is no smoke without fire those pics are what happens on a daily basis, and i'm not blaming all the priests,i'm just making a point of how the confession has a perverted background.
You speak with so much authority as if you where there when such things happen. So how did you know about it.
CAMEROONPRIDE: i said it already i only confessed twice in my life the first time during my communion and the second time during my confirmation ,also each time there were people waiting in line and we were outside , so calm down madam i have never been abused by a priest
Re: Do You Guys Confess? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 31, 2012
Rich4god:
You speak with so much authority as if you where there when such things happen. So how did you know about it.

people who went through abuses
rumors
and like i said there is no smoke without fire, when you accuse someone of embezzlement you don't necessary see him/her taking the money , there will be no video for such things or pictures(real) if its what you expect.
and sorry i didn't want to talk with authority.
so do you confess?
Re: Do You Guys Confess? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 31, 2012
tobechi20: If u cant confes to a priest, confes to someone else , ur broda, friend,colleague.

When u sin and are sorry, and decide to tel God in private, u still feel guilty. At times u doubt if u have realy bin 4gven.

Wen u tell anoda person, the guilt reduces. Dat y most protestant decide to confes to their pastor.they want to hear a voice tell them YOUR SIN IS FORGIVEN GO AND SIN NO MORE. at times d pastor tel them to fast for seven days. THIS ASSURES D SINNER DAT HE HAS BIN 4GVEN.

It is not only a catholic affair. Every church does it. Catholic only made it more organised and compulsory.

Look at it dis way, if you sin, u tell God privately , no one knows. There is that tendency to sin again.

But when u are going to confes to someone, the task alone makes u think twice b4 comitin sin
great idea but do my friends or brothers have the right, the power to forgive my sins? undecided maybe i will just reduice my guilt,maybe i will reduice the weight on my conscience ,but i dout it can be seen as a forgiveness
ps: i pointed exactly the Catholic church because it is the one i know and it is compulsory

(1) (Reply)

Can She Continue Fasting? / Calling Crossbearers & Readers Of The Grail Message! / Learn How To Speak Arabic At Your Time & Place In 30 Days With A Guarantee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.