Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Interview With Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnap Suspect - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Interview With Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnap Suspect (11850 Views)

N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard / How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police / Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interview With Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnap Suspect by Caliente(m): 8:01am On Dec 31, 2012
A member of the 10-man kidnap gang who earlier this month abducted the 82-year-old Prof, Kamene Okonjo, mother of the Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, yesterday, confessed his involvement in the abduction and narrated how he fed the retired professor of sociology with groundnut, water and bread in the kidnappers' den.

The suspected kidnapper, Andrew Dime, aka Olokpa, 32, who hails from Enikorogha in Edo State, however, told Vanguard that he was only hired by the second-in-command of the gang to supply food to Prof. Okonjo on two occasions at a fee of N100,000.

Delta State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Ikechukwu Aduba, on the other hand, told Vanguard that Prof. Okonjo was kept in the custody of the suspect, who was in-charge of her feeding.

The second-in-command of the gang allegedly swindled him when he bolted with his N1 million share of the ransom collected for the release of Prof. Okonjo.

Apparently, to settle scores, the police said the suspect formed a new kidnap gang, which abducted an octogenarian at Aboh in Ndokwa area of the state. But having obtained a database on the group after its leader, Nwaeze Nwosa, aka Bolaji was shot dead in Asaba, the police were able to track down the suspect.

Aduba told Vanguard that the police set a trap for him when it got information that he was in dire need of money for the yuletide by convincing him to sell one of the guns used for the abduction of Prof. Okonjo, which was in his custody. He fell for the trap and negotiated a price of N300,000 for a pump-action gun with a police officer, who posed as a buyer. He was, thereafter, arrested at Koka junction, Asaba, when he came to collect the cash.

Dark-complexioned Andrew, who spoke to Vanguard in an interview, debunked the claim that he formed a new kidnap gang and that he was the one that negotiated the sale of pump-action gun, which was used to ensnare him.

A police source said he was being economical with the truth, adding: "Most of these people (referring to criminals) will never tell you the truth when you arrest them until you get other members of the gang to confront them."

Below are the excerpts of the interview with the suspect

What is your name?
Andrew Idime.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
I am from Enikorogha, Ovia South-West Local Government Area of Edo State.

Where do you live?
I live at Army Barracks, Onitsha.

Do you know why you are here in police cell?
For now, I know why I am arrested. Some friends of mine, they indulged themselves in kidnapping act. One of them is Chiboy and another is Biggy. The person I know very well is Chiboy. It was through this Chiboy that I met Biggy. I was trading on used shoes and my business was not moving well. So Chiboy called me that there is something that I was going to do. I asked him what it was, he said there was somebody I was going to drop food for and that I was going to drop food twice and that they would settle me. Therefore, I went there truly, he brought an Okada man (motorcyclist), the Okada man took me there, and I dropped the food twice.

http://www.rhipplemedia.com/2012/12/kidnap-suspect-reveals-how-he-fed-ngozi.html

1 Like

Re: Interview With Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnap Suspect by nerdivist: 8:11am On Dec 31, 2012
I thought she said her mother didn't eat for several days?

3 Likes

Re: Interview With Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnap Suspect by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 31, 2012
nerdivist: I thought she said her mother didn't eat for several days?

Bread and groundnut for an 82 year old na food?

1 Like

Re: Interview With Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnap Suspect by nerdivist: 8:30am On Dec 31, 2012
Dr. Wise:

lol so u expect them to give her fried rice with turkey laps abi? grin

9 Likes

Re: Interview With Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnap Suspect by Caliente(m): 9:07am On Dec 31, 2012
nerdivist: lol so u expect them to give her fried rice with turkey laps abi? grin
no be small fried rice with turkey laps lol

1 Like

Re: Interview With Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnap Suspect by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 31, 2012
If no be food,na wetin e be?
Dr. Wise:

1 Like

Re: Interview With Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnap Suspect by Dee60: 9:34am On Dec 31, 2012

I wonder. Who is now saying the truth?
Re: Interview With Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnap Suspect by a1solution: 9:40am On Dec 31, 2012
The police is yet to come up with the truth. Someone confessed a crime to you and still deny same in ur presence. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Interview With Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnap Suspect by kenlash: 9:42am On Dec 31, 2012
bread nd groundnut na beta lem

1 Like

Re: Interview With Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnap Suspect by Ibangap(m): 9:42am On Dec 31, 2012
I dont tink dis is any of d kidnappers.
Re: Interview With Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnap Suspect by markus1133: 9:44am On Dec 31, 2012
i dont think its the kidnapper
Re: Interview With Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnap Suspect by DrHighchief(m): 9:46am On Dec 31, 2012
He shud b thoroughly investigated by d security agencies and if found guilty should b sent to jail immediately.
Re: Interview With Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnap Suspect by Dhelake: 9:48am On Dec 31, 2012
Dr. Wise:

only if u knw wat some 90yrs old eats ... Some dnt even av sometin to eat
Re: Interview With Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnap Suspect by Adufaye(m): 9:48am On Dec 31, 2012
police mis road

1 Like

Re: Interview With Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnap Suspect by chidexy(m): 9:49am On Dec 31, 2012

going by reports, she was held for 5 days and given bread and groundnut twice, doesn't that equate to not being fed for many days?

1 Like

Re: Interview With Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnap Suspect by Nobody: 9:51am On Dec 31, 2012
That Andrew of a guy; seems like he is guilty.

But there seems to be a desperate effort by the police to get a fall guy because of the person involved; a polithiefian.

If na ordinary man, the matter for don die tey tey.
Re: Interview With Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnap Suspect by lat4real: 9:52am On Dec 31, 2012
LOL at selling shoes... Industrious indeed.
Re: Interview With Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnap Suspect by jaymichael(m): 9:53am On Dec 31, 2012
bravo. NPF is working. please can you told us who have kills Bola Ige?
Re: Interview With Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnap Suspect by YOUNGKAHUNA: 9:53am On Dec 31, 2012
Dr. Wise:

Nope Na Sand Mtcheeeww. She No Thank God Say she Even see Am Chop
Re: Interview With Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnap Suspect by Truckpusher(m): 9:58am On Dec 31, 2012
Andrew is an accomplice so let him face the music.
Re: Interview With Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnap Suspect by bobolekepee(m): 9:59am On Dec 31, 2012
jaymichael: bravo. NPF is working. please can you told us who have kills Bola Ige?
Gbangannnn gbangannnn gbangannn... See English... SMH undecided

4 Likes

Re: Interview With Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnap Suspect by nuges1(m): 9:59am On Dec 31, 2012
The fact dat they brought food 4 her didn't mean she ate it,get ur acts right!!
Re: Interview With Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnap Suspect by moneyhungry(m): 10:02am On Dec 31, 2012
Nigerian police: a bunch of confused men in black uniforms.
Re: Interview With Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnap Suspect by nuges1(m): 10:03am On Dec 31, 2012
Dr. Wise:

D old pips I know don't eat much so there4 bread&groundnut is more than enuf!!
Re: Interview With Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnap Suspect by moneyhungry(m): 10:04am On Dec 31, 2012
Dr. Wise:

no be food... na grass.
Re: Interview With Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnap Suspect by moneyhungry(m): 10:07am On Dec 31, 2012
jaymichael: bravo. NPF is working. please can you told us who have kills Bola Ige?
i didn't knew d parson dat kilt bola ige's o but i am suspected IBB. that man is a very danger men.

4 Likes

Re: Interview With Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnap Suspect by nas4q(m): 10:10am On Dec 31, 2012
chai! English don suffer no be small o! Bola ige i die for bomb. Must folice open mouth yakata talk say na haramists? Abeg we don solve that puzzle tey tey but na for tv we announce am maybe nefa i sleef that day. Shorry for my yeye english i from kotonu.
Re: Interview With Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnap Suspect by Clefcentfelix(m): 10:11am On Dec 31, 2012
bobolekepee: Gbangannnn gbangannnn gbangannn... See English... SMH undecided
grin is the guy serious or was just joking?
Re: Interview With Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnap Suspect by goldfish80(m): 10:12am On Dec 31, 2012
Most kidnappers caught often confess to have a footware store which is not doing too well, hence they took to kidnapping απϑ drug pushing to fend fø̲̣̣я̅ their families.
†ђξ 2nd time am seeing this in as many days undecided
Re: Interview With Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnap Suspect by Uchenna42(m): 10:12am On Dec 31, 2012
Funny dude....
Re: Interview With Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnap Suspect by Techwriter: 10:13am On Dec 31, 2012
9ja

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kidnappers' Training School Uncovered In Delta / We Are Using Recovered Looted Funds To Finance 2017 Budget – FG / Court Summons Okorocha Over Alleged Breach Of Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.