Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,747 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions (562959 Views)

Federal University Of Agriculture,Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2015/2016 Admission. / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions / Federal University Of Agriculture,abeokuta (funaab) 2012/2013 Admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (252) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by Nobody: 4:57pm On Mar 10, 2013
Am an indigene of oyo state,and I have chosen unaab as my first choice with the intention of studyin bankin finance,with an o level of two sittings in the year 2006.with a credit passes in my core subjects(namely math,eng,acct,econs)and a b3 in coomerce please what are my chances.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by pseudonomer: 5:11pm On Mar 10, 2013
fiiido: Am an indigene of oyo state,and I have chosen unaab as my first choice with the intention of studyin bankin finance,with an o level of two sittings in the year 2006.with a credit passes in my core subjects(namely math,eng,acct,econs)and a b3 in coomerce please what are my chances.

Focus on your jamb first, and score as high as you can in it.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 10, 2013
pseudonomer:

pseudonomer:

[quote author=pseudonomer]

Like how high,and hope my o'level won't be a problem and I want to know maybe my result is still valid since it was done in 2006
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by Osumare2013: 6:11pm On Mar 10, 2013
akonucheinfo:

too bad. thats is an act of injustice and total deciet to all who picked them as 2nd choice. this country sef na wa oo. do you know of any prestigiou university around east,west or southwest that consider 2nd choice applicants? i want my chances of gaining admission to be high, thats why i am spreading my wings to two universities. i already choosed my state federal university UNN as my first choice. picked unaab as my 2nd choice, but with all these that i keep hearing about non consideration of 2nd choice applicants and having double mind now, as to go buy change of institution card to change to another. what do you think?
Not dat they don't pick 2nd choice at all. The directive frm jamb is dat schools must admit 80% of 1st choice candidates and 20% of 2nd choice candidates. So, ur chances of admission is 20%, while dat of 1st choice candidate is 80%. So u see why 1st choice is better...
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by Osumare2013: 6:13pm On Mar 10, 2013
Sulaimon26: pls cn U help me with unaab D.E requirement into Comp sci
U can get all d info u need here http://www.unaab.edu.ng/attachments/Admission%20Requirements.pdf
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by Osumare2013: 6:15pm On Mar 10, 2013
fiiido: how high?
As high as possible. 240 should do. Ur O level remains valid forever, even if it was gotten 10yrs ago. Only jamb result has expiry date.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by Nobody: 11:13pm On Mar 10, 2013
Osumare2013:
As high as possible. 240 should do. Ur O level remains valid forever, even if it was gotten 10yrs ago. Only jamb result has expiry date.
God bless
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by Emmaamaechi(m): 1:15am On Mar 11, 2013
Great job my fellow funaabites.
Dear aspirants,i wish you all success in d upcoming utme.remember,if you fail to study,be ready 4 the worst but i don't wish any of you that.DREAM BIG,...God will bless ur hustle.4 d pre degree past questn add me on 2go-Cuteimma or hala me on 08097447295,07060477574
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by akonucheinfo(m): 2:52am On Mar 11, 2013
Osumare2013:
Not dat they don't pick 2nd choice at all. The directive frm jamb is dat schools must admit 80% of 1st choice candidates and 20% of 2nd choice candidates. So, ur chances of admission is 20%, while dat of 1st choice candidate is 80%. So u see why 1st choice is better...

tnx. but you didnt answer all my question. do you know of any prestigious university around east,west or southwest that consider 2nd choice applicants?
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by pseudonomer: 8:17am On Mar 11, 2013
akonucheinfo:

tnx. but you didnt answer all my question. do you know of any prestigious university around east,west or southwest that consider 2nd choice applicants?

No University that gives equal chance to first and second choice candidates. Most state universities will ask you not to come for their post utme if you choose them as second choice(eg Kogi State University). Uniport will never admit 2nd choice applicants. Your chance gaining admission into any university choosing them as second choice is slim. But you can try UI, you'll have to beat the cut off mark well enough, let's say the cut off is 60 you have to score like 70 to secure admission. You can also try FUTA.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by Bolaji21(m): 8:52am On Mar 11, 2013
akonucheinfo:

All of dem follow d same pattern- 80% 1st choice and 20% 2nd choice candidates. Dat's d directive frm Jamb which they're not supposed to disobey, most especially Federal schs.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by Bolaji21(m): 8:55am On Mar 11, 2013
pseudonomer:

No University that gives equal chance to first and second choice candidates. Most state universities will ask you not to come for their post utme if you choose them as second choice(eg Kogi State University). Uniport will never admit 2nd choice applicants. Your chance gaining admission into any university choosing them as second choice is slim. But you can try UI, you'll have to beat the cut off mark well enough, let's say the cut off is 60 you have to score like 70 to secure admission. You can also try FUTA.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by Bolaji21(m): 8:58am On Mar 11, 2013
pseudonomer:

Even UI follows d same trend. They'd hav admitted enough 1st choice candidates first before they open d admission portal for 2nd choice candidates.

If u hav a Futarian as a frnd, he/she will tell u nit to ever make FUTA ur 2nd choice. They hav more than enough first choice, part of which are pre-degree and Diploma students; and all of dem (those dat pass d final exams) must be admitted first before even considering Jambites.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by akonucheinfo(m): 11:36am On Mar 11, 2013
Bolaji21:
Even UI follows d same trend. They'd hav admitted enough 1st choice candidates first before they open d admission portal for 2nd choice candidates.

If u hav a Futarian as a frnd, he/she will tell u nit to ever make FUTA ur 2nd choice. They hav more than enough first choice, part of which are pre-degree and Diploma students; and all of dem (those dat pass d final exams) must be admitted first before even considering Jambites.

tnx, if all follow same trend, there should be some uni that people dont apply for too well. do u ve either on ESUTH? its my state uni, if i buy the change of institution card, am considering choosing esuth as my 2nd and then pick a course that is not competitive . hmm something like course on education. what do you think guys?
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by akonucheinfo(m): 11:39am On Mar 11, 2013
pseudonomer:

tx
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by Bolaji21(m): 12:13pm On Mar 11, 2013
akonucheinfo: tnx, if all follow same trend, there should be some uni that people dont apply for too well. do u ve either on ESUTH? its my state uni, if i buy the change of institution card, am considering choosing esuth as my 2nd and then pick a course that is not competitive . hmm something like course on education. what do you think guys?

Applyin for a not too competitive course in A state uni in d state u come frm shld do. Once u meet d cut-off, Ur chance is high. cheesy
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by klem93(m): 12:38pm On Mar 11, 2013
I beg how many yearz course is FST and is it cmpetitive?
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by Bolaji21(m): 5:53pm On Mar 11, 2013
klem93: I beg how many yearz course is FST and is it cmpetitive?
Food Science and Technology(FST) is a 5yrs programme in Funaab, and it's as competitive as Computer Science. smiley
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by Demzyl(m): 7:09pm On Mar 11, 2013
To all u UTME candidate, who need more info about FUNAAB should please call 07038445400 for more info.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by akonucheinfo(m): 8:57pm On Mar 11, 2013
Bolaji21:

Applyin for a not too competitive course in A state uni in d state u come frm shld do. Once u meet d cut-off, Ur chance is high. cheesy

tnx
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by Osumare2013: 10:58pm On Mar 11, 2013
Demzyl: To all u UTME candidate, who need more info about FUNAAB should please call 07038445400 for more info.
Why not provide any info u hav here so all can benefit frm it?
Demzyl: To all u UTME candidate, who need more info about FUNAAB should please call 07038445400 for more info.
Why not provide any info u hav here so all can benefit frm it?
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by khennnie(f): 9:00am On Mar 12, 2013
Sulaimon26: pls cn U help me with unaab D.E requirement into Comp sci

Am also an aspirant of Funaab tru DE into Computer Science.Which skool did U̶̲̥̅̊ finish frm?
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by Sulaimon26(m): 1:46pm On Mar 12, 2013
Lagos State Poly Upper credit
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by khennnie(f): 2:15pm On Mar 12, 2013
[quote author=Sulaimon26]Lagos State Poly Upper credit [/quote
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by Sulaimon26(m): 2:20pm On Mar 12, 2013
aite we can talk more on FB sulexy4g@yahoo.com.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by klem93(m): 9:30pm On Mar 12, 2013
Wahala dey o. I chose unaab as 1 nd 2nd choice wit cmp sc and chem bt chose eng bio chm and phy. Watin i fit do?
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by Bolaji21(m): 9:50pm On Mar 12, 2013
klem93: Wahala dey o. I chose unaab as 1 nd 2nd choice wit cmp sc and chem bt chose eng bio chm and phy. Watin i fit do?
The UTME requirement is eng, mth, phy and chm for comp sci. Why didn't u check d brochure before doing the registration?
Now d deed has been done and there's no going back.
U're left with two viable options now. One is for u to apply for change of course after the release of jamb results and select a course dat is compatible with ur UTME subject combination. Or u just fold ur arms and hope they consider u FOR ADMISSION.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by klem93(m): 3:06pm On Mar 13, 2013
Tanks bro
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by pseudonomer: 3:10pm On Mar 13, 2013
klem93: Wahala dey o. I chose unaab as 1 nd 2nd choice wit cmp sc and chem bt chose eng bio chm and phy. Watin i fit do?

You can still change it now. Log in back to jamb website and edit.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by Bolaji21(m): 5:45pm On Mar 13, 2013
pseudonomer:

You can still change it now. Log in back to jamb website and edit.
Are u sure abt dis cos d jamb dat io knw doesn't give room for edting once ur application has been submitted unless u wait till d release of jamb results to change ur sch oif choice and institution. *I may be wrong though*
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by pseudonomer: 7:35pm On Mar 13, 2013
Bolaji21:
Are u sure abt dis cos d jamb dat io knw doesn't give room for edting once ur application has been submitted unless u wait till d release of jamb results to change ur sch oif choice and institution. *I may be wrong though*

I'm sure, I did it for someone last year.... The only thing I know you can't change is your centre, passport, maybe institution.... You can still change your name and subject combination before jamb registration close, do I mention for free, yes it's for free. BUT I don't know if things have changed this year.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions by iamswizz(m): 11:13pm On Mar 13, 2013
pseudonomer:

I'm sure, I did it for someone last year.... The only thing I know you can't change is your centre, passport, maybe institution.... You can still change your name and subject combination before jamb registration close, do I mention for free, yes it's for free. BUT I don't know if things have changed this year.
it is still very free... i did it yesterday.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (252) (Reply)

Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions / 2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread / 2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.