Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 - Sports (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 (74831 Views)

Nigeria Vs South Africa : International Friendly : (1 - 1) On 29th March 2015 / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live / Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by vladimiros: 10:03pm On Jan 02, 2013
Tolexander: read about the spainish history very well, catalonia has an autonomy which can make then to feature like an independent region in some aspects. They were trying to exist as a country before the then president Franco Fransisco subdued the agitation.
Nigeria has a unification of her entire regions as a federal republic with no autonomy granted to any of them. This started in 1966 immediately Gen Aguiyi Ironsi became the president.

hats the problem, we need an SNC now
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by purplekayc(m): 10:05pm On Jan 02, 2013
see all of una wey dey insult d super eagles ooo every body don change when dey score lol grin grin grin

Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jan 02, 2013
what a match, the BIG BOSS proves critics wrong again! Nigeria football is finally beginning to emerge from recession! IMO match result was decent, KUDOS to Keshi and Home-based lads
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by GUNSLINGER: 10:07pm On Jan 02, 2013
Don't get too excited
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 02, 2013
purplekayc: see all of una wey dey insult d super eagles ooo every body don change when dey score lol grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 02, 2013
purplekayc: see all of una wey dey insult d super eagles ooo every body don change when dey score lol grin grin grin
ONAZI!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 02, 2013
dayokanu: Is this going to be like when India played Nigeria and beat us 100-1.

I watched that match live At Teslim Balogun Stadium

Na Odegbami scored the only goal

HaaaaaaaaBaAaaaaaaaaaaah

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by Shaw007(m): 10:10pm On Jan 02, 2013
1-1? Stunned. . .sincereLy i thought we'd Lose,Glad My thoughts were thrash!!cheesy

cOngratULationS super chickens!!

And bring me(us) that shining cup from thE south cool
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jan 02, 2013
toprealman:
If only you can lace a football boot properly. So Osaze is now thrash abi?

Check my posts sir,i dont talk from both sides of my mouth..im osazes fan right from the day i watched him score 2 goals in an under 20 match in nig to his 2 goals against south africa in a nations cup match but his attitude sucks big time..coaches shld consult him before they select their team or even first 11.if they didnt it becomes a problem..you cant sub him otherwise there,ll be war in dressing room.
What sort of womanliness managers tolerate that f.ool..going on twitter typing thrash abt nig and eagles..even engaging with a fake ikpeba in a war of words..praising lagerbac...oyibo na oyibo cos a white guy replaced amodu and later fighting him...
The i.diot was chased away with a huge banana flag by same oyibo locomotiv moscow fans..he shld,ve made noise like he is making here...
No player is indispensable...not even ike uche,mikel or igiebor...
And yes he is THRASH and only phucked up managers will tolerate his childish behaviours.
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jan 02, 2013
MISTAKE: it was bright dike that scored and not onazi...
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by Oahray: 10:27pm On Jan 02, 2013
You guys shouldnt rejoice o... Eagles no impress me. We have a tournament around the corner and we dey play dis kind dirty ball dey happy say we grab draw.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jan 02, 2013
Oahray: You guys shouldnt rejoice o... Eagles no impress me. We have a tournament around the corner and we dey play dis kind dirty ball dey happy say we grab draw.

FYI we only used homebased players in the 1st half. In the 2nd half is when the foreign players came on. We were bad in the 1st half but much better in the 2nd so we will be fine if we play a mixture of homebased and foreign players in AFCON

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by kulutempa: 10:39pm On Jan 02, 2013
My take on the match is that it's been ages since I saw the Nigerian defence so well organised. The defenders were composed and did not lose their heads. More importantly, against a Catalonian side with a lot fluency on the ball, the Nigerian defenders read the game well and went for man to man marking instead of the usual static, zonal marking you get with the Eagles. What I was most impressed about was that the players kept their concentration until the final whistle unlike before when they would let in a silly goal in the dying minutes. Marks 8/10.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jan 02, 2013
great job against a good side! What is even more encouraging is that we could have won it! So far so good Keshi. Please keep it up in the AFCON

...on to our next friendly game against Cape Verde
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by Xfactoria: 10:43pm On Jan 02, 2013
Laalamed: Super turkey must not be deceived by the draw.i do not think catalonia prepare for the match.catalonia is not ranked in fifa list.nigeria is ranked 52.superstars without team work is nothing.

Catalonians didn't prepare but Nigeria did abi? Story story!!!

How much stuffs will you pessimist make up to discredit these boys' performance? For the first time in many years, I saw a Super Eagles team play with purpose. They also defended as a unit. I saw strikers and offensive midfielders closing down players, chasing the ball....

There are more works needed to be done but this is tremendous improvements. Give them credit please!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by olapluto(m): 10:50pm On Jan 02, 2013
CORRECTION: THE SUPER EAGLES SCORER IS NOT ONAZI!!! THAT IS BRIGHT DIKE.
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by tallfish145(m): 10:52pm On Jan 02, 2013
1-1? MATCH FIXING!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by Oahray: 10:55pm On Jan 02, 2013
bboiabb:

FYI we only used homebased players in the 1st half. In the 2nd half is when the foreign players came on. We were bad in the 1st half but much better in the 2nd so we will be fine if we play a mixture of homebased and foreign players in AFCON
the only reason we can say they tried is cos nothing positive was expected, so they surpassed expectations. In my opinion they didnt impress. Its not about the big names in the opposition team, its about what our Eagles do with the ball when they have it. The players lacked ideas for the bulk of the game. Its good to think positive, but its better to be realistic. We are still mediocre.
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by Sundahjoe(m): 10:56pm On Jan 02, 2013
Where is the 10-0 bashing of eagles predicted by NL buffoons? Enemies of nigeria, God will disgrace u this year.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by kulutempa: 11:00pm On Jan 02, 2013
Another positive from the game is that we grabbed a goal from one of the few goal scoring opportunities we had. In the bad old days we would have loads of chances and fail to score a single goal. Not bad. Not bad at all.
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by purpinkx(m): 11:15pm On Jan 02, 2013
Even those who predicted 10:0 are also asking " now where are the 10:0 predictors "
life z xo fuck٤d up .. When it gets bad they bash u when it gets good they say ....

(Are you still reading ? WTF ?)
"I knew it"

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by Awofy: 11:29pm On Jan 02, 2013
Sundahjoe: Where is the 10-0 bashing of eagles predicted by NL buffoons? Enemies of nigeria, God will disgrace u this year.

Amen
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by Ilaje44(m): 11:36pm On Jan 02, 2013
Kamanda:

HaaaaaaaaBaAaaaaaaaaaaah

Dont mind that boy! He is a joker, big one for that.
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by sambos994(m): 12:06am On Jan 03, 2013
grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by RSA(m): 12:08am On Jan 03, 2013
I hope this 1 all draw won't mislead Keshi,if Nigeria is serious about winning the 2013 AFCON then pick ur best players,in a team that played tonight,only 1 player deserve a called up,excluding EMenike,Musa and IKE.
Keshi must pick the tried and tested players who have the 2010 world cup experience,it will come in handy South Africa.AFCON is not a place to experiment or trying to be a hero.Nigeria is not Togo or Mali they don't enter tournament to make it to the quaterfinals but they are expected to win the tournament every time.Let this local players win CHAN first.
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by alamkah: 12:09am On Jan 03, 2013
yeko68: So far Keshi has proved beyond all reasonable doubt that he is a competent coach. I wish him and the team a successful outing in the nations cup. God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
most of u NL are too pessimistic. Always seeing a cup halve empty instead of halve full.I'd nigerian lads that when 2 spain wer relatively unknow. Now they,v surprisd us and jobless nairalanders are still trying 2 run them down. Shame 2 them all. If u know ur a armchair professional critic. Let us change our attitude and b optimistic 4 once. 2013 wil b a year of uncommon favour and progress. D train is abt 2 depart. If u don't join us now, d few optimistic guys among will surely leav u behind.
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by kulutempa: 12:14am On Jan 03, 2013
RSA: I hope this 1 all draw won't mislead Keshi,if Nigeria is serious about winning the 2013 AFCON then pick ur best players,in a team that played tonight,only 1 player deserve a called up,excluding EMenike,Musa and IKE.
Keshi must pick the tried and tested players who have the 2010 world cup experience,it will come in handy South Africa.AFCON is not a place to experiment or trying to be a hero.Nigeria is not Togo or Mali they don't enter tournament to make it to the quaterfinals but they are expected to win the tournament every time.Let this local players win CHAN first.

Yes, tried, tested and failed.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by watchindelta(m): 12:22am On Jan 03, 2013
Afcup of nation in south africa wil tell wether we are back.
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by Oahray: 12:43am On Jan 03, 2013
alamkah:
2013 wil b a year of uncommon favour and progress. D train is abt 2 depart. If u don't join us now, d few optimistic guys among will surely leav u behind.
senseless optimism pushed the Super Eagles to this shameful depth in the first place. Instead of tackling the teams weakness, Nigerians kept being optimistic until we crashed in Africa ranking couldnt even qualify for the last nations' cup.
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by EliteSon: 1:02am On Jan 03, 2013
tallfish145: 1-1? MATCH FIXING!

Since when do they start fixing friendly matches? The logic!
Re: Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 by Bome01(m): 3:21am On Jan 03, 2013
Well, Nigeria drew d match despite all odds!

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Ronaldo's Fans Chanted “Messi” In Portugal Game Against Serbia / Muhammad Ali’s Son ‘dumps’ Wife And Children After Inheriting $80million From La / Barca Troll Ronaldo & Juventus With This Photo After Messi Scored Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.