Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,828 members, 7,837,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Please I Need Advice-i Don't Wanna Do Something silly - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please I Need Advice-i Don't Wanna Do Something silly (3268 Views)

Opinion: Choose Who You Want Between Me And Your Mother- Very Silly Question / My Dad Often Gets Unclad In The House And I Don't Lyk It / Please I Need Your Advice I Feel Like Killing My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please I Need Advice-i Don't Wanna Do Something silly by Laird(m): 12:02am On Jan 05, 2013
k2039:
[color=soyouquotedme]How is she a slave?.
Is there anything wrong in what her mother has done?.
[/color]
SALT IS GOOD FOR FOOD AND CAN BE USED FOR PRESERVATION
BUT..................
TOO MUCH SALT DOES NOT MAKE THE FOOD APPEALING AND CAN CAUSE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE
Re: Please I Need Advice-i Don't Wanna Do Something silly by Laird(m): 12:05am On Jan 05, 2013
BukkyDan:
yea..but she's gonna feel bad and lonely,it'll hurt
IT WILL HURT MORE IF SHE TELLS THINGS AND GIST THAT CAN BE USED AGAINST HER.......ONLY TELL MUMMY ABOUT STUDIES AND ANY LIFE THREATENING OR VERY SERIOUS MATTER
Re: Please I Need Advice-i Don't Wanna Do Something silly by Laird(m): 12:15am On Jan 05, 2013
BukkyDan: Hy, my fellow NLanders, i really appreciate you all for your support. Yesterday was the best day ever,i decided to keep to myself, no gists or laughter, if mum brings up a topic i'l either say "yes" or "no".oh my! She was worried,diagnosing sickness,asking if someone offended me in school#Laughs# well the point is,i'm happy now that she is no longer angry,i'm ready to wait till 2015 b4 making friends if thats what she wants,cos i truly love her, only child no be small thing,when dad is no where to be found,hmm,tnx once again,u all lifted d load off my chest. love ya'll

THATS THE SPIRIT.....NEVER TALK ABOUT ANY RELATIONSHIP....READ, PRAY,
Re: Please I Need Advice-i Don't Wanna Do Something silly by Laird(m): 12:15am On Jan 05, 2013
BukkyDan: Hy, my fellow NLanders, i really appreciate you all for your support. Yesterday was the best day ever,i decided to keep to myself, no gists or laughter, if mum brings up a topic i'l either say "yes" or "no".oh my! She was worried,diagnosing sickness,asking if someone offended me in school#Laughs# well the point is,i'm happy now that she is no longer angry,i'm ready to wait till 2015 b4 making friends if thats what she wants,cos i truly love her, only child no be small thing,when dad is no where to be found,hmm,tnx once again,u all lifted d load off my chest. love ya'll

THATS THE SPIRIT.....NEVER TALK ABOUT ANY RELATIONSHIP....READ, PRAY,PLAN FOR YOUR FUTURE,
Re: Please I Need Advice-i Don't Wanna Do Something silly by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 05, 2013
Sewiosli gurl ma mum wasfar worse
a single mum too dadz late, buh wen I turned 18 it changed wasn't allowed tu reali go out buh all ma friendz cld cum see mi at home n I ntroduced ma bf tu ha wasn't allowed tu go see him onli ma house was permitted 4 visitation n wen I turned 20 I cld go aniwhere buh curfew was 4 6pm.ur alredi at d age where she shld giv u d benefit of d doubt @ dis stage u guyz shld b best budies gist bout guyz dtz d onli wai she can knw hw tu guide u cocernin guyz straighten out ur mistakes so u knw beta wen frndz are talkin outside trust mi ud sooon b old bin 18 was lik yesterdai tudai am 21 tym flies spk out.am a graduate now n came out wiv gud scores.as long as she trained u well,trust mi ud alywz b gud
Re: Please I Need Advice-i Don't Wanna Do Something silly by kittykat1(f): 6:44pm On Jan 05, 2013
ileobatojo: I trust this is the same mother that will start screaming for this girl to bring home a husband once she hits her early to mid twenties not so? When and how is she to meet this husband please if she still cannot speak to guys at the age of 19?

Parents need to be realistic, this fear mongering approach is not the best. It doesn't prepare the child for the dating world or equip her with any tools to use to navigate it. It only trains her to live in fear till she is able to be free of it.
Seconded. I didn't have a boyfriend till I was 24(NYSC). U can imagine. I ended up very naïve and not knowing much about how to handle men. Thn my mates were already married. All cos mumsy won't let men near me and I was very obidient.

Mothers plas allow your daughters to hv males friends within ur control. Let their be open relationship.
Re: Please I Need Advice-i Don't Wanna Do Something silly by Nobody: 10:25am On Feb 12, 2013
Bukky,u r veri luvly,av followed ur write ups on Literature/writing,i kant blive d@ it's a 19yr old d@ writes so perfectly n kips me smilin all tym. Gal u av a talent,kip it up... As regardz to d topic on ground nw,ma mum was smehw lyk ds also b4 nw,nt in terms of frnds bt in terms of guys,always lamenting d@ u knw u r my onli daughter,dnt let me down n stuffs lyk d@ bla bla bla..... Bt presently,ma mum s ma bst frnd all of a sudden to d extent that i most atyms tell ha about guys d@ are asking me out n m hapi about d@... It all hapend when i strted beliving d@ no 1 luvs me lyk ha n she wants d best 4 me,den i strted confidin in ha,tellin ha i wnt let ha down n stuffs lyk d@.. So ma advice to you dearie s d@,though it pains anytym she does lyk d@,dnt get angry and then make ha ur best frnd. She luvs uuuu...
Re: Please I Need Advice-i Don't Wanna Do Something silly by BukkyDan(f): 12:22am On Feb 13, 2013
Thanks once again Kitty kat, thareta.

Hey candis...I see ya...thanks dearie
Re: Please I Need Advice-i Don't Wanna Do Something silly by agiboma(f): 2:22am On Feb 13, 2013
Jesufrend: better concentrate on ur future if u have any. Or wetin u fil say u sabi?

what he said
Re: Please I Need Advice-i Don't Wanna Do Something silly by Dudugirl01(f): 9:42am On Feb 13, 2013
My dear, I understand what you're goinmg through and I urge you, to endure it, ur mom loves you and is only protecting you,I was in your shoes and felt like you are feeling now,I take it you're an only child,please my dear, be the best daughter anyone can pray to have,don't do anything silly, concentrate on your studies, you'll seew that oncew you've gone to service,she'll ease off, please, bve totally open with her, I know what I'm talking about o, God bless you and guide you in the righjt path

BukkyDan: I just clocked 19 about two weeks ago, buts my mum don't seem to believe i'm grown up.i don't have a say in anything,i don't have friends-both male and female,nobody dares visit our home in d name of "coming to see me".well to summarize,an incident happened yesterday,a coursemate(male) knocked our gate,i went to open it, mum came along,i just had to say hy and good night quickly-mum closed her gate.as expected,dis morning exactly 4am,she woke me 4 a new sermon,preached about indecency,accused me of bringing males to her house,reminded me of HIV and all.
At such times,i just wanna tell her"its my life",but i can't-don't wanna hurt her,but its getting off hand.pls,i need ur advice on wat i should do,shld i keep on being mute,or just tell her wat i think?
Re: Please I Need Advice-i Don't Wanna Do Something silly by Xavier1976(m): 5:04pm On Feb 15, 2013
I remember those days when i had similar thoughts but when i grew older and started working i now understood what responsibility is all about. The question you should ask yourself is can you sustain yourself if you move out of the house? if so please move out!!! I give you maximum 1 month, you would come back on your knees !!! Believe me you have what some others are praying for so be grateful to God. I have learnt something in life, don't demand for respect, earn it!!!!
Re: Please I Need Advice-i Don't Wanna Do Something silly by bjcole(m): 5:45pm On Feb 15, 2013
BukkyDan: I just clocked 19 about two weeks ago, buts my mum don't seem to believe i'm grown up.i don't have a say in anything,i don't have friends-both male and female,nobody dares visit our home in d name of "coming to see me".well to summarize,an incident happened yesterday,a coursemate(male) knocked our gate,i went to open it, mum came along,i just had to say hy and good night quickly-mum closed her gate.as expected,dis morning exactly 4am,she woke me 4 a new sermon,preached about indecency,accused me of bringing males to her house,reminded me of HIV and all.
At such times,i just wanna tell her"its my life",but i can't-don't wanna hurt her,but its getting off hand.pls,i need ur advice on wat i should do,shld i keep on being mute,or just tell her wat i think?

Hi BukkyDan, I guess people would have given you some good advices, i would advice you keep them up, one thing i will like to add is that, there is nothing you will ever again from any relationship with a guy at this your age other than heartbreak, jilting, or HIV as your mother has pointed out. I don't like preaching to young girls, because it is always a case of wasting time, most are like a dog that want get lost and will not hear the whistle of the hunter, just an adage in case it gets you high. I took a look at some teenage girls in my church sometime ago and i was wondering why this good looking girls, from good homes and with all these godly teachings still go through this part of boyfriends to boyfriends to pregnancy to abortions to all sorts of waywardness.So do whatever pleases you, any relationship with a guy now is sexual, may be i should say welcome to a sex filled relationship, that is what the world offer now. So enjoy yourself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Residents Of Akute, Olambe (ogun State) And Environs Meeting Point / Should I Tell My Fiancee That My Womb Was Removed Due To Abortions In My Past? / F

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.