Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,983 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) (46661 Views)

Photo Of President Buhari’s Seat Of Power / Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos / Photo of GEJ sitted on the seat at UN Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 7:21am On Jan 02, 2013
hello nairalanders, for long you all complained that besides Abuja no other city in the north is being show cased to people who have never been to the region. so i took my time to garner as much pictures as i could get of this small but serene city(Sokoto). it's a city i was born in and have lived in all my life(although my parents are from Anambra). so people relax and enjoy theses pictures.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 7:25am On Jan 02, 2013
this 1st pic is that of the gate that welcomes you to soktown

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 7:27am On Jan 02, 2013
Closing in on the Gate

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 7:31am On Jan 02, 2013
The moment you enter sokoto town, the 1st site you see is this(pic below) the Army barracks

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 02, 2013
So many road blocks here, although BH hasnt struck sokoto particularly hard but to be fore warned is to be fore armed

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 7:42am On Jan 02, 2013
gusau road

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 02, 2013
still on gusau road

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 7:47am On Jan 02, 2013
and

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Ikengawo: 8:24am On Jan 02, 2013
people dey?

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 9:03am On Jan 02, 2013
this is govt house round. to your left is govt house to your right is sultan palace

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 02, 2013
and

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:08am On Jan 02, 2013
Good effort INNO smiley; any pic of the Gov't house? What of the Giginya Hotel and secretariate area?
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 02, 2013
Nice one... Where is my shangalinku? grin
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 02, 2013
[quote
author=PROUD-IGBO]Good effort INNO smiley; any pic of the Gov't house? What
of the Giginya Hotel and secretariate area?[/quote] tnx. expect pics of hotels towards the end of the thread but these are pics of govt house

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 9:35am On Jan 02, 2013
more

1 Share

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 02, 2013
even more

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 02, 2013
finally

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 9:42am On Jan 02, 2013
fodio road

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 9:46am On Jan 02, 2013
more of fodio road

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 9:47am On Jan 02, 2013
Alu flyover

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 9:49am On Jan 02, 2013
Access bank and FCMB

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 02, 2013
shukura coral hotel

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Sealeddeal(m): 10:09am On Jan 02, 2013
the roads are sweet
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Sealeddeal(m): 10:10am On Jan 02, 2013
the roads are sweet.
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 10:17am On Jan 02, 2013
Sealeddeal: the roads are sweet.

That is the first thing you will notice in most Northern states...hardly would you see pot-holes ridden roads.

6 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by lacasa: 10:29am On Jan 02, 2013
Good pix Op smiley

The north is beautiful and must rise back to its normal place, at the top cool
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 02, 2013
sorry for the lull in pics i'm @ shop now and very busy i'll keep uploading pics any moment i'm chanced. i have close to a thousand pictures. but it's unfortunate that i've had to optimise the pics to a much more poor level.
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:21pm On Jan 02, 2013
INNO18: sorry for the lull in pics i'm @ shop now and very busy i'll keep uploading pics any moment i'm chanced. i have close to a thousand pictures. but it's unfortunate that i've had to optimise the pics to a much more poor level.

^^^Very busy at shop?; nice one......shows market dey move fine this morning. wink
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by musiwa11: 12:29pm On Jan 02, 2013
come
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 02, 2013
Northern Nigeria definitely looks better most parts of Southern Nigeria - the roads are well paved roads, great road networks, and the architecture is quintessentially their civilisation... From what I've seen so far, only Ogun state(Abeokuta) has similar quintessentially African architecture in the South...

Southerners are just noisemakers with absolutely nothing to show for their noise!! Ramshackled roads everywhere with unhygienic gutters, yet these clowns still think they're the best thing since slice bread smh... lipsrsealed
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by nduchucks: 12:50pm On Jan 02, 2013
Every 'educated' southerner who has never been as far north as, at the very least, Kano, cannot truly claim to know his country.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jan 02, 2013
ndu_chucks: Every 'educated' southerner who his never been as far north as, at the very least, Kano, cannot truly claim to know his country.

Ndu...what are you trying to say with the bold part? cheesy

BTW...remove the excessive and extreme weather conditions and the flashes of religion disturbances.. Northern part of Nigeria is still one of the most friendly places to live in Nigeria...I went to Unimaid so I have an idea of what am talking about.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Picture Of Amaechi Plaiting The Hair Of A New APC Convert / Original Photos Of The Pictures On Naira Notes / Buhari Rejects Ministerial Nominations From Imo, Ondo, Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.