Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,110 members, 7,845,676 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Is Okorocha Becoming A Disappointment? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Okorocha Becoming A Disappointment? (13406 Views)

Jonathan Is A Disappointment – Ex-militant Leader, Boyloaf / GEJ Administration Is A Disappointment - Tinubu / General Buhari Is A Disappointment To Me. He Is Unfit To Be President. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Okorocha Becoming A Disappointment? by mensdept: 9:28pm On Jan 04, 2013
Prof Corruption: Okorocha is perhaps a good politician but he does not seem to understand the core basics of governance. Distributing 100 naira to secondary school students?Declaring two-week holiday? Distributing rice? Engaging in unnecessary fights?

In a country like Nigeria, the first thing to do is re-engineer the finances of the state and move towards making it independent of the center. Fix all the tax loopholes. Grow your IGR. Two, leverage on your core strengths. A state as highly educated as IMO has no business declaring free education to tertiary levels. That might be appropriate for a state like Zamfara but certainly not for the likes of Imo, Ekiti, Anambra or Ogun. Even the tuition is made free for all and sundry irrespective of states of origin. That to me is unwise. Why not ask out-of-state students to pay to help the finances of your state? He should build one good school and charge appropriate fees. Imo and states in same league should be making money from education. Build one good school, ask your illustrious sons to come back home and make the school a prime destination for good education.

Two weeks holiday? He's not a good thinker. Was he not aware that Imo would lose tax revenues from such a stunt? Perhaps he depends solely on oil revenues from Abuja. His policies are quite short sighted and in the long run put Imo in a disadvantage position. Folks should look beyond him. He does not have what it takes to transform Imo.

GBAM!
Imagine remodeling the state university into a world class university like Univ. of Michigan, do you know how much money and prestige that will be for so-called educated Imo folks and beyond?
Re: Is Okorocha Becoming A Disappointment? by Abagworo(m): 10:09pm On Jan 04, 2013
mens dept:

GBAM!
Imagine remodeling the state university into a world class university like Univ. of Michigan, do you know how much money and prestige that will be for so-called educated Imo folks and beyond?

Like you don't know why IMSU is still in that small compound inside Owerri. It all boils down to Nigeria's tribal thinking. Okorocha was already building a better world class Imo University at Ogboko but met stiff opposition from us Imolites. You can't eat your cake and have it. I said this same thing when Dangote bought PH refinery. If we had let him own that refinery, Nigeria wouldn't be wasting money on subsidy today.
Re: Is Okorocha Becoming A Disappointment? by lynton(m): 11:57pm On Jan 04, 2013
Hahahaha. My friend you are simply a jobless and castrated liar.
You are just seeking attention period. Are you sure is this owerri
I'm in you came to? Because I just came back for xmas and I hardly
recognised Owerri due to vast developments and new things. Enemies
of progress. Go and write about your own state idiot.
Re: Is Okorocha Becoming A Disappointment? by metti(m): 7:27am On Jan 05, 2013
Caesar1988: i bet u,dis is absolute non sense....No time to read ur rubbish write up...but d topic shows how idiotic u r...ur dad is a disapointment to ur mum....
Why did you insult somebody like this because of his observation or opinion? It is obvious that you were probably not trained at home or you have refused to accept the training your parents gave you.
Re: Is Okorocha Becoming A Disappointment? by 1bunne4lif(m): 8:18am On Jan 05, 2013
I think the writer of this piece is blind or should i say he is suffering from myopia. Even though a blind man can't see the good works of Okorocha, he feels it and hear good patroits talk about it. GO GET LENSE FOR YOUR EYE DEFECT. Haters
Re: Is Okorocha Becoming A Disappointment? by geeez: 8:35am On Jan 05, 2013
He's not a disappointment to those who voted him. He punched Peter Obi's aide and assaulted Senator Anyanwu. He has fought for his right and right of way at every given opportunity. Isn't that why we voted him? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Avengers: Eni Stops 65,000 Barrels Per Day Crude Production - Vanguard / Miyetti Allah: Displaced Herders Have Become Bandits Terrorising Nigeria / Wike Frustrated Imo-Rivers Boundary Dispute Reconciliatory Efforts - Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.