Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,590 members, 7,816,455 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Aregbesola Cannot Pay 18,000 Minimum Wage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola Cannot Pay 18,000 Minimum Wage (1133 Views)

We Must Cut N18,000 Minimum Wage Or Sack Workers — Governors / N18,000 Minimum Wage Though Not Enough, We Won't Slash Workers' Salary- Fayose / Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola Cannot Be Impeach. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aregbesola Cannot Pay 18,000 Minimum Wage by anonimi: 3:23pm On Jan 03, 2013
NLC to battle Kwara, Osun, seven others over minimum wage

Labour plans to tackle nine states that it claims are yet to pay the minimum wage.
The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has listed the defaulting states as Anambra, Ebonyi, Plateau, Kwara, Kebbi, Niger, Osun, Enugu and Zamfara.
It accused the states of failing to complete talks with the Joint Public Service Negotiation Council (JPSNC) on the implementation of the N18,000 national minimum wage.

The Association of Senior Civil Servants of Nigeria (ASCSN) has urged the JPSNC to intensify efforts in ensuring that states that are deliberately mis-interpreting the Minimum Wage Act are brought to book.
NLC’s Acting General Secretary, Comrade Chris Uyot, said the Congress would visit the states to ascertain their level of compliance.
Uyot said the NLC would this month take a record of all the ongoing issues surrounding the non-implementation of the minimum wage in the identified states and act accordingly.
But Osun State has denied that it was yet to pay the minimum wage as required by the law. It urged the NLC to exclude the state from those it planned to battle.
ASCSN’s Secretary General, Comrade Alade Bashir Lawal said where state governments implement the minimum wage for levels 1-6, they are not adjusting the wage to balance the ratio.
He added that negotiations are stalled in some states because governments have refused to adjust the ratio between the minimum and maximum wages.
“It is a tragedy. They just added N500, N900 in some cases, they didn’t adjust the ratio,” Lawal said.
The Nation learnt that in Ebonyi State, only levels 1 and 2 have been paid the minimum wage totalling N25,000,while it paid N26,400 to level 8 and N31,000 to level 9, amounting to just about N2000 per month.
Ebonyi workers have asked the government to return to the drawing board and use the relativity chart.
It is a similar case in Niger State, where only levels 1-6 have been paid the minimum wage, while N10,000 per annum is added to the wages of those from level 7 and above.
“That is about N800 per month increase. Even with this N10,000 addition, Niger State Government said they will use a consolidated structure, which means there will no longer be allowances like house rent, transport etc. This has been rejected by the workers,” an official of the state’s labour union told The Nation.
But Mr. Semiu Okanlawon, spokesman of Osun State Governor Rauf Aregbesola said: “Osun State should not be listed as one of those to be battled by the NLC because it has implemented the Minimum Wage Act.
“Workers in state have even confirmed enjoying the minimum wage. The NLC should be aware that the National Industrial Court (NIC) has restrained workers in the state from taking any action against the state over the issue.” Omar, while lamenting the reluctance of states to comply with the provisions of the Minimum Wage Act, noted that “the Act, which was passed by the Legislature and signed into law by the President since March 2011, is being observed in the breach by some state governments.
“More worrying is the spectacle of the Federal government, which should defend its own law, allowing state governments to use its security forces against protesting workers who are only standing up for their rights as protected by the law. Such unprecedented impunity is not only malicious, but are anachronistic to cherished democratic values.
The much touted social dialogue, which should be the basis for resolving industrial disputes, has no meaning to some government and most employers.
“May we remind those governors who are yet to implement the new national minimum wage that they are in gross breach of a national law which they swore to uphold.
“In fact, if we operate a true democracy where the State Houses of Assembly are independent, this singular act of not complying with the minimum wage law is an impeachable offence.
“It is our resolve that the few states that are still reluctant to pay the Minimum Wage to some categories of workers will come under full focus by the labour movement. The struggle will no longer be left in the hands of the state councils, but handled in conjunction with the national leadership of the labour movement,” the NLC President said.

Nation

So Aregberascal is also getting court injuction restraining litigation.
Not very different from Odili's injuction restraining EFCC from investigating him.

What is the difference between

a) six
b) half a dozen
Re: Aregbesola Cannot Pay 18,000 Minimum Wage by peckhamboi: 3:27pm On Jan 03, 2013
anonimi:

So Aregberascal is also getting court injuction restraining litigation.
Not very different from Odili's injuction restraining EFCC from investigating him.

What is the difference between

a) six
b) half a dozen

What is your fixation with Aregbe and ACN,you deliberately left out 8 PDP governors. If you are familiar with Osun State, you will know they have been paying 18k since July
Re: Aregbesola Cannot Pay 18,000 Minimum Wage by banki(m): 3:40pm On Jan 03, 2013
meanwhile they left out the fact that onyinlola and the pdp borrowed so much money before they left government so the state had to even borrow to pay salaries, because of what pdp and oyinlola did
Re: Aregbesola Cannot Pay 18,000 Minimum Wage by PaulJohn1: 3:51pm On Jan 03, 2013
What's this with just Aregbe?

Look at yourself
anonimi:
Aregbesola cannot pay 18,000 minimum wage

...The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has listed the defaulting states as Anambra, Ebonyi, Plateau, Kwara, Kebbi, Niger, Osun, Enugu and Zamfara.

Osun is the only state in that list shey?undecided
Like I told one of you guys on this forum » you peeps obsession with S/West is making many of you look in.sane.
Re: Aregbesola Cannot Pay 18,000 Minimum Wage by GARRIx7(m): 4:11pm On Jan 03, 2013
The OP is a simpleton, a cretin with the IQ of a deranged toad...

His vile intention is clear for serious minded folks to see.....
Re: Aregbesola Cannot Pay 18,000 Minimum Wage by Ngwakwe: 4:14pm On Jan 03, 2013
I have served in Labour Congress and from my indepth assessment, minimum wage is acronym for increasing the wage gap between the junior and senior staff.

How can you justify adding N11,500 to N7,500 for junior staff, while the senior staff are asking for N30,000 and above based on percentage increment.

I advocate most increment not all should be prorata meaning the same across the board to avoid running down the government.
Re: Aregbesola Cannot Pay 18,000 Minimum Wage by anonimi: 4:15pm On Jan 03, 2013
Paul John: What's this with just Aregbe?

Look at yourself

Osun is the only state in that list shey?undecided
Like I told one of you guys on this forum » you peeps obsession with S/West is making many of you look in.sane.

Of course Osun is not the only state in the list.
Did you see that I highlighted Anambra where APGA has Obi but I don't have much stake there?
However, when a person dey [size=13pt]form sey na im holy pass,[/size] it becomes imperative to point out his weakness HOPEFULLY so he can correct himself. QED
Re: Aregbesola Cannot Pay 18,000 Minimum Wage by Gbawe: 4:18pm On Jan 03, 2013
peckhamboi: What is your fixation with Aregbe and ACN,you deliberately left out 8 PDP governors. If you are familiar with Osun State, you will know they have been paying 18k since July

Thank you !!!! Sometimes, I am sick to the back teeth of this forum and the misguided and hateful elements posting here. We can all have our differences and loyalty but it is those who are especially malevolent, like this OP, who go the extra mile to use deception and lies . This OP has blatantly lied against Aregbesola in the past and it is clear the vendetta is personal for him. They mentioned several Governors with many , as you rightly pointed out, being PDP Governors. Yet this deceitful OP, with his unhealthy fixation on Aregbesola, manages to make this only about the Osun Governor. This disturbed OP did not even note what is written below in the article before his attempt at undisguised mischief. Sad.

But Mr. Semiu Okanlawon, spokesman of Osun State Governor Rauf Aregbesola said: “Osun State should not be listed as one of those to be battled by the NLC because it has implemented the Minimum Wage Act. “Workers in state have even confirmed enjoying the minimum wage.
Re: Aregbesola Cannot Pay 18,000 Minimum Wage by anonimi: 4:23pm On Jan 03, 2013
Gbawe:

Thank you !!!! Sometimes, I am sick to the back teeth of this forum and the misguided and hateful elements posting here. We can all have our differences and loyalty but it is those who are especially malevolent, like this OP, who go the extra mile to use deception and lies . This OP has blatantly lied against Aregbesola in the past and it is clear the vendetta is personal for him. They mentioned several Governors with many , as you rightly pointed out, being PDP Governors. Yet this deceitful OP, with his unhealthy fixation on Aregbesola, manages to make this only about the Osun Governor. This disturbed OP did not even note what is written below in the article before his attempt at undisguised mischief. Sad.

You can try your ranting and raving intimidation with someone else.
When there is cause to JOIN the criticism of PDP acts I do so as you must have noticed from my posts.
However I have a particular interest in showing the HYPOCRISY of the conmen in ACN for what it is at every opportunity. Learn to deal with it otherwise ask your friends to ensure they have nothing to be criticised for.

BTW, if Aregberascal has nothing to hide as claimed by his spokesperson, why the restraining order from the court
Re: Aregbesola Cannot Pay 18,000 Minimum Wage by Gbawe: 4:25pm On Jan 03, 2013
GARRI (x7):
The OP is a simpleton, a cretin with the IQ of a deranged toad...

His vile intention is clear for serious minded folks to see.....

Indeed. Look at the lying antics of the chap , and their discredited gang leader Beaf, against Aregbesola below till I exposed their mischief to force an insincere apology. Bloody liars and miscreants. Just like the PDP leaders they work for.

https://www.nairaland.com/793016/pdp-asks-aregbesola-account-n100bn/2

Anonimi wrote:
@ Gbawe,

I would like to apologise for the misleading psoition (11th) I gave to Osun state. You are correct.
I was in a hurry this morning and took the # of LGs 30 to be the serial # of Osun state on the table thus using Oyo state figures.
Error sincerely regretted.
Nevertheless all other responses I posted are intact and you are yet to credibly defend any of them
Re: Aregbesola Cannot Pay 18,000 Minimum Wage by Gbawe: 4:28pm On Jan 03, 2013
anonimi:

You can try your ranting and raving intimidation with someone else.
When there is cause to JOIN the criticism of PDP acts I do so as you must have noticed from my posts.
However I have a particular interest in showing the HYPOCRISY of the conmen in ACN for what it is at every opportunity. Learn to deal with it otherwise ask your friends to ensure they have nothing to be criticised for.

BTW, if Aregberascal has nothing to hide as claimed by his spokesperson, why the restraining order from the court

Shut up lying twit. You are disgusting. Go and mind your own business and get off Aregbesola's case.
Re: Aregbesola Cannot Pay 18,000 Minimum Wage by PaulJohn1: 4:31pm On Jan 03, 2013
anonimi:

Of course Osun is not the only state in the list.
Did you see that I highlighted Anambra where APGA has Obi but I don't have much stake there?
However, when a person dey [size=13pt]form sey na im holy pass,[/size] it becomes imperative to point out his weakness HOPEFULLY so he can correct himself. QED

It's non of my concern with whatever state you've highlighted

What's this?
anonimi: Aregbesola cannot pay 18,000 minimum wage
As the heading of a thread that's involving Nine(9) states.

And what's " e dey form sey na im holy pass" ?
People dey undecided
Re: Aregbesola Cannot Pay 18,000 Minimum Wage by anonimi: 4:31pm On Jan 03, 2013
Gbawe:

Indeed. Look at the lying antics of the chap , and their discredited gang leader Beaf, against Aregbesola below till I exposed their mischief to force an insincere apology. Bloody liars and miscreants. Just like the PDP leaders they work for.

https://www.nairaland.com/793016/pdp-asks-aregbesola-account-n100bn/2

Anonimi wrote:

I just had to laugh at your post with my antiquated quote above as I could imagine you jumping with excitement. grin
Did you have it saved on some special space in your hard disk
Meanwhile, you forgot to remove this important part of my old post that you have practically framed somewhere in your memory:

Nevertheless all other responses I posted are intact and you are yet to credibly defend any of them
Re: Aregbesola Cannot Pay 18,000 Minimum Wage by Gbawe: 4:36pm On Jan 03, 2013
Paul John:

It's non of my concern with whatever state you've highlighted

What's this?
As the heading of a thread that's involving Nine(9) states.

And what's " e dey form sey na im holy pass" ?
People dey undecided

Don't mind the shameless mischief-maker. Beaf trained him and others well in the art of weasel-like and ignoble conduct. How can he reconcile the title of his thread with the content? Is Osun the only State mentioned for his thread to be titled as it is? Is there not even a section of the article where the spokesman of Aregbesola states that Osun has complied with paying the minimum wage? The chap is simply as slimy, unprincipled and as slithering as Beaf was. That fool too (Beaf) never stopped obsessing about Aregbesola 24/7 while his own State Governor (Uduaghan) was running his Delta State into the ground without so much as a peep from his cowardly and lying tongue.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Cannot Pay 18,000 Minimum Wage by anonimi: 4:44pm On Jan 03, 2013
Gbawe:

Don't mind the shameless mischief-maker. Beaf trained him and others well in the art of weasel-like and ignoble conduct. How can he reconcile the title of his thread with the content? Is Osun the only State mentioned for his thread to be titled as it is? Is there not even a section of the article where the spokesman of Aregbesola states that Osun has complied with paying the minimum wage? The chap is simply as slimy, unprincipled and as slithering as Beaf was.

Where in the OP did you see the word ONLY
The story from ACN's propaganda mouthpiece, The Nation newspaper, clearly states that NLC notes that Osun has not complied. Any argument on that precise point?
If e too dey pain you make you go open thread for any of the other states wey I nor pick. Why that one too hard you for do? It's a free world or is it not.
Re: Aregbesola Cannot Pay 18,000 Minimum Wage by PaulJohn1: 4:55pm On Jan 03, 2013
Gbawe:

Don't mind the shameless mischief-maker. Beaf trained him and others well in the art of weasel-like and ignoble conduct. How can he reconcile the title of his thread with the content? Is Osun the only State mentioned for his thread to be titled as it is? Is there not even a section of the article where the spokesman of Aregbesola states that Osun has complied with paying the minimum wage? The chap is simply as slimy, unprincipled and as slithering as Beaf was. That fool too (Beaf) never stopped obsessing about Aregbesola 24/7 while his own State Governor (Uduaghan) was running his Delta State into the ground without so much as a peep from his cowardly and lying tongue.

I doubt that bolded part 'cause beaf is hell smarter than these shallow minded kids, either he didn't graduate under beaf or he's too dull to comprehend the junks their master beaf thought them. Imagine trying paint someone black with a fvcked article that you couldn't even comprehend to notice there was an objection in it that made the whole write up useless, and still ignorantly wrote the name of the gov that has been justified in the shi.t he's has posted

(1) (Reply)

Africa The Fast Asleep Giant - Kwame Nkrumah / A Tale of 2 Pictures. The Eagles And The Falcons / Boko Haram Kingpin Amir Of Bulabulin Ngarnam, With N10million Bounty Killed(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.