Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,081 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

Amaechi Appoints 6 Female Permanent Secretaries, Sacks Commissioners - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Appoints 6 Female Permanent Secretaries, Sacks Commissioners (11252 Views)

Buhari Names New Federal Permanent Secretaries And Their Portfolios / Buhari Orders Mass Retirement Of Permanent Secretaries / Nigeria Customs Service Appoints 6 New Deputy Comptroller- Generals, 6 New Acgs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi Appoints 6 Female Permanent Secretaries, Sacks Commissioners by Nobody: 1:11am On Jan 04, 2013
Truckpusher: You can call her female CHAUVINISTA grin grin grin grin grin

Hahahahaha
I guess the reason why I seem to be carrying on about this is that I am female and a female professional in a male dominated career
A quadruple whammy for me actually grin grin

Female
Black
Professional
Foreign accent

Do you know how many times I am mistaken as the assistant at my job?
Do you know how many times I hear my assistant who is a white female tell someone that she is the assistant because automatically they assume she is the boss because she is white
And if she were male of course that will happen even more .
So reading ogugua and sisi kill reminds me of a scenario I have to deal with
I teach professional students too
I have had folks assume my student was the teacher because they are male or white
And of course you must know there are some that will also assume I could not be as competent because I am black,female not a natural born citizen but will not make the same assumption of a white male who may be less experienced than I am
Same thing I am reading here.

One of my saddest days early in my career was having an Italian man refuse to be seen by me because I was female ( and perhaps black too)
Re: Amaechi Appoints 6 Female Permanent Secretaries, Sacks Commissioners by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:13am On Jan 04, 2013
babyosisi:

Hahahahaha
I guess the reason why I seem to be carrying on about this is that I am female and a female professional in a male dominated career

Female
Black
Professional[b]Foreign accent[/b]

Do you know ow many times I am mistaken as the assistant?
Do you know how many times I hear my assistant who is a white female tell someone that she is the assistant because automatically they assume she is because she is white
So reading ogugua and sisi kill creates a scenario I have to deal with
I teach students too
I have had folks assume my student was the teacher because they are male or white

Which one come be foreign accent again lmaoooo nairaland sha grin
Re: Amaechi Appoints 6 Female Permanent Secretaries, Sacks Commissioners by Nobody: 1:14am On Jan 04, 2013
Chrisbenogor:
Which one come be foreign accent again lmaoooo nairaland sha grin

I am Nigerian and live in America so my accent is foreign despite all my finest foney
Gerrit? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Appoints 6 Female Permanent Secretaries, Sacks Commissioners by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:17am On Jan 04, 2013
babyosisi:

I am Nigerian and live in America so my accent is foreign despite all my finest foney
Gerrit? grin grin grin
Yels oh I gerrinit infact amaechi shall appoint you next grin
Shebi you go come back ni grin
Re: Amaechi Appoints 6 Female Permanent Secretaries, Sacks Commissioners by Nobody: 1:21am On Jan 04, 2013
Chrisbenogor:
Yels oh I gerrinit infact amaechi shall appoint you next grin
Shebi you go come back ni grin

Let them appoint me first,let me go and get my share of the national moi moi
It's about time
Re: Amaechi Appoints 6 Female Permanent Secretaries, Sacks Commissioners by SisiKill1: 1:37am On Jan 04, 2013
Osisi, weren't there also articles and chat shows lambasting the fact that people were placing so much emphasis on Obama's blackness (to the point of almost saying it was the reason he was elected) because they felt it undermined him. And this is the first black President of one of the greatest countries in the world oh.

If there can be objection to that emphasis. . .what exactly is the objection to our objection here? We did not write the article with the screaming headline, we did not force the Governor to specify that they were appointed to increase the number of female civil servants?!

I'm sorry you have to deal with condescending attitude at work but do you believe the only way to combat that is to continue placing more emphasis what you are. . .i.e Female, Black, Foreign accent in a male dominated world than your abilities and achievement whenever you do something?

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi Appoints 6 Female Permanent Secretaries, Sacks Commissioners by Nobody: 2:57am On Jan 04, 2013
babyosisi: Hahahahaha

Female
Black
Professional
Foreign accent

Do you know how many times I am mistaken as the assistant at my job?
Do you know how many times I hear my assistant who is a white female tell someone that she is the assistant because automatically they assume she is the boss because she is white
So reading ogugua and sisi kill reminds me of a scenario I have to deal with
I teach professional students too
And of course you must know there are some that will also assume I could not be as competent because I am black,female not a natural born citizen but will not make the same assumption of a white male who may be less experienced than I am
Same thing I am reading here.

One of my saddest days early in my career was having an Italian man refuse to be seen by me because I was female ( and perhaps black too)

[size=13pt]You're not alone. We all have to deal with it. I was born in the US and have "no accent" or "sound American", and I still have my own encounters. It's funny that this has come up today as it was only yesterday that I was discussing with my mom how angry I get when someone tells me I speak "good English". Firstly, I speak English well. Secondly, how were you expecting me to be speaking? I can't go out with my youngest sister, who's 11, without getting stares as people think I'm her mother. Even when I'm wearing scrubs on the train back from the hospital, I get stares. Single black mothers fill the train with cantankerous children, and there I am, sitting quietly in uniform and holding my book bag. I've met white supremacists and have been told cruel things. I've ran into a young Klansman in May (couldn't have been older than me), and that's fine. I should be telling them "thank you" in fact. They can continue stereotyping and grouping me anyhow they like. I still have my goals and aspirations and will meet them by force. Their negativity gives me more reason to prove them wrong anyway.

Like Sisi rightly asked, do we combat that by continuing to place that emphasis on ourselves? I try not to. My goal is to apply to medical school in the next few years. I know that affirmative action may help in any future acceptances I may receive. There's nothing I can do about that. When I get there, however, I still have a lot to prove as many know the situation around minorities and the few that get accepted. We always have to work that much harder to prove to everyone else that we're intelligent and were accepted for more than quota purposes.

I believe in hard work. In various sectors in Nigeria, getting to the top doesn't require hard work, and working hard doesn't guarantee career ascension. I hope these six women know what their new positions entail. It's also my hope that they're perseverant and take their jobs seriously, in hopes of impacting real change wherever possible. Although I see where you're coming from, I cannot support someone simply for their gender. I'm sorry. That's how I was phone banking for Obama in 2008 and women were telling me they'd vote for John McCain because he had a female vice presidential candidate. Just as it has to be more than being a URM (underrepresented minority) in medical school to be taken seriously, it has to be more than gender for anything to come of these six appointments.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Appoints 6 Female Permanent Secretaries, Sacks Commissioners by Nobody: 3:08am On Jan 04, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]You're not alone. We all have to deal with it. I was born in the US and have "no accent" or "sound American", and I still have my own encounters. It's funny that this has come up today as it was only yesterday that I was discussing with my mom how angry I get when someone tells me I speak "good English". Firstly, I speak English well. Secondly, how were you expecting me to be speaking? I can't go out with my youngest sister, who's 11, without getting stares as people think I'm her mother. Even when I'm wearing scrubs on the train back from the hospital, I get stares. Single black mothers fill the train with cantankerous children, and there I am, sitting quietly in uniform and holding my book bag. I've met white supremacists and have been told cruel things. I've ran into a young Klansman in May (couldn't have been older than me), and that's fine. I should be telling them "thank you" in fact. They can continue stereotyping and grouping me anyhow they like. I still have my goals and aspirations and will meet them by force. Their negativity gives me more reason to prove them wrong anyway.

Like Sisi rightly asked, do we combat that by continuing to place that emphasis on ourselves? I try not to. My goal is to apply to medical school in the next few years. I know that affirmative action may help in any future acceptances I may receive. There's nothing I can do about that. When I get there, however, I still have a lot to prove as many know the situation around minorities and the few that get accepted. We always have to work that much harder to prove to everyone else that we're intelligent and were accepted for more than quota purposes.

I believe in hard work. In various sectors in Nigeria, getting to the top doesn't require hard work, and working hard doesn't guarantee career ascension. I hope these six women know what their new positions entail. It's also my hope that they're perseverant and take their jobs seriously, in hopes of impacting real change wherever possible. Although I see where you're coming from, I cannot support someone simply for their gender. I'm sorry. That's how I was phone banking for Obama in 2008 and women were telling me they'd vote for John McCain because he had a female vice presidential candidate. Just as it has to be more than being a URM (underrepresented minority) in medical school to be taken seriously, it has to be more than gender for anything to come of these six appointments.[/size]

I hear you but most importantly I feel so old now
So ancient grin grin

My main point is that you don't automatically think "less qualified" because you hear the appointees are female which is the way you came off
Your story is not different from mine.
The article highlighted their gender because of its rarity
That is not a reason to question their competence

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Appoints 6 Female Permanent Secretaries, Sacks Commissioners by Nobody: 3:17am On Jan 04, 2013
babyosisi: I hear you but most importantly I feel so old now
So ancient grin grin

My main point is that you don't automatically think "less qualified" because you hear the appointees are female which is the way you came off
Your story is not different from mine.
The article highlighted their gender because of its rarity
That is not a reason to question their competence

[size=13pt]Lol, don't o smiley

I automatically assumed less qualified because our politicians are fond of appointing people anyhow lol. I still don't know why Nkiru Sylvanus was appointed her position in Imo. Governor Amaechi is no fool. He made sure to state they were appointed on merit in hopes of people not raising eyebrows. If he and other politicians want Nigerians to start trusting them and taking their appointments seriously, then they should let us see the merit of which they talk.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Appoints 6 Female Permanent Secretaries, Sacks Commissioners by naijaking1: 3:20am On Jan 04, 2013
Is this is the 'babyosisi' of many years past or just an imposter?
Re: Amaechi Appoints 6 Female Permanent Secretaries, Sacks Commissioners by Nobody: 3:22am On Jan 04, 2013
babyosisi: Welcome news
Even if being female was one of the major deciding factors so be it
Do they have college degrees?
Have they been working at their jobs without sanctions?
They are more than qualified
We have tried the men and they have failed let the women go there and try too

What qualification did OBJ or IBB or buhari have before they became head of state?
Shagari was a TTC graduate before he headed our country
A woman who is running her household has more than enough qualifications to lead Nigeria what more those that have worked in civil service and went through the ranks
I see a doctor there
Did she buy it at Alaba ?
If these had been men,nobody will ask these questions many people including females are asking about qualifications

Infact even if they are mediocre sef ,we have had mediocre male leaders,let us try the women too
They couldn't be worse
1000 likes from me,next like will make that 1001!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Appoints 6 Female Permanent Secretaries, Sacks Commissioners by nattymallam: 5:37am On Jan 04, 2013
Sisi_Kill: Na wa oh! It's amazing and quite disappointing how people you think should be more perceptive turn out to be errr. . .not so.

So wanting to be hired for a job based on MERITS not because of GENDER means women don't know what they want?

Not wanting to be seen as just another quota filler means women don't know what they want?

So women only have two options. . .be discriminated against because of their gender or be favored because of it? Not wanting gender to play a role at all in how one is perceived in the work place is a sign women don't know what they want?

. . .Someone, a fully developed someone can actually think like that in this day and age?

Oh! Father in heaven take us, take us right now. . .what is the point of being here if some people are just gonna waste the brains which you have generously given us.
o
Re: Amaechi Appoints 6 Female Permanent Secretaries, Sacks Commissioners by ignis: 5:42am On Jan 04, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]I hope they were chosen on merit and not for the sake of having women in office. They can be rogues too.[/size]
When last have any political position in Nigeria ever been chosen based on merit?
Dear, pls remember Ɣõµ are in Naija.
Re: Amaechi Appoints 6 Female Permanent Secretaries, Sacks Commissioners by texazzpete(m): 5:51am On Jan 04, 2013
basisop:

Have you been to Stadium Road, Ikwerre Road to Agip Roundabout? Have you seen the Primary Schools and quality teachers in River State?

Have you not noticed the way waste are disposed like in Europe?

What about the security we now enjoy in the city?

Created job opportunities for graduates that control traffic thereby inserting sanity amongst PH drivers.

Should I continue?

Have you been to Trans-Amadi road recently?
Did you see how long Woji road was a pothole haven before it was patched up when the outcry became too much?
have you seen how terrible the traffic gridlocks have become in Port Harcourt before this (temporary)New Year relief?
Have you seen the slow progress on the Rivers Monorail project that gulped so much of Rivers Taxpayers' money?
Have you seen the immoral bill passed by the Rivers State house that guarantees our Governors and deputies a shockingly obscene amount of money when they retire?

My brother, Sycophancy will lead you to Hell!
Re: Amaechi Appoints 6 Female Permanent Secretaries, Sacks Commissioners by batstan(m): 7:20am On Jan 04, 2013
Hmmm! Naija women. . . .Enemies to themselves. . . . A woman nominated the house speaker against the candidacy of her fellow sister. *just thinkin aloud* ladies in the house?
Re: Amaechi Appoints 6 Female Permanent Secretaries, Sacks Commissioners by Symphony007: 7:25am On Jan 04, 2013
REVOLUTNIS:
Really? visit the city
i visit regulary i've got homes in g.r.a, forces avenue and bonny island.
Re: Amaechi Appoints 6 Female Permanent Secretaries, Sacks Commissioners by victorD3: 7:36am On Jan 04, 2013
Jellita: I am surprised Ini Edo is not one of them.
Abi is she not from PraCourt? grin

We thian Godioh. . .they are all professionals and 'Mrs-es'! wink

Ini Edo is from Akwa-Ibom state
Re: Amaechi Appoints 6 Female Permanent Secretaries, Sacks Commissioners by jadakiss213(m): 7:36am On Jan 04, 2013
[quote author=Sisi_Kill]

Gah!! Instead of 6 permanent secretaries, these eejits need to hire PRESS SECRETARIES who will keep them from just opening their big gbagba mouths to talk anyhow.

see this OLODO! smh...Permanent sececataries are the heads of the various ministries second only to the commisionners..
Re: Amaechi Appoints 6 Female Permanent Secretaries, Sacks Commissioners by ehispapa(m): 7:42am On Jan 04, 2013
babyosisi:

I am shocked to read the commentaries from women
We are indeed our own worst enemies
I don't even believe there are less qualified women,but the system promotes males ahead of females
Gender discrimination is alive and well and worse in the 3rd world
How many female army chiefs are there?
Were they no females in Ihejirikas graduating class, and above where are they?
It is the system keeping them down more than anything
There have never been females in the NDA, untill last year. yes there was no female in ihejirikas classs
Re: Amaechi Appoints 6 Female Permanent Secretaries, Sacks Commissioners by hagma37yahoocom: 8:15am On Jan 04, 2013
I hate that proffessor speaking on channel TV right about now.
Re: Amaechi Appoints 6 Female Permanent Secretaries, Sacks Commissioners by vanstanzy(m): 8:59am On Jan 04, 2013
Good for the women folks, right
Re: Amaechi Appoints 6 Female Permanent Secretaries, Sacks Commissioners by davroca16(m): 8:59am On Jan 04, 2013
HmMmmmm
Re: Amaechi Appoints 6 Female Permanent Secretaries, Sacks Commissioners by kutchs: 9:28am On Jan 04, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]I know exactly what I want. If women must be in office, then they must be competent, rational, intelligent, and firm. I, personally, don't want anyone appointing me to anything because I have XX chromosomes. I'm willing to do the hard work to get wherever I want based on merit rather than my gender. That's how people start slacking and believe that gender, race, etc can get them to the top. That's the argument for opponents of affirmative action in the US, and it's a valid argument.

Granted, supply may not be there, but I don't think it wise to start selecting incompetent or incapable people for quota purposes. I'd rather have the best of the best serve, regardless of who they are, from where they come, etc.[/size]
It‘s really surprising how pple spew rubbish on public forums just bc they have access to them.

Perhaps you dont know that permanent secretaries are career civil servants and not political appointees like commissioners.

Perhaps you do not know that for one to attain such heights he/she must have spent years in service and most times appointments no matter how we look at it are based on such persons cumulative performance.

Besides who says the women are incompetent as insinuated by you? Who tried and judged them and found them incompetent.

Why we feel we always know better than the govt and others beats me and yet when given positions of trust we fail woefully.
Re: Amaechi Appoints 6 Female Permanent Secretaries, Sacks Commissioners by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 04, 2013
[size=13pt]^^^ I'm aware of everything you said. I'm also aware that it's Nigeria we're talking about. I don't think I need to say more.[/size]
Re: Amaechi Appoints 6 Female Permanent Secretaries, Sacks Commissioners by Nobody: 10:05am On Jan 04, 2013
babyosisi:

This is because this is a rare occurrence even in 2013
Why should that surprise you ?
Nigeria is 52 years old and is yet to have a female state governor
The first female Chief Justice of the federation also made news and this happened just a few months ago
If memory serves me right the first female Vice chancellor of a university was Grace Alele Williams, in the 80/90s she also made news .i don't know if there has been any others since after and there are about 100 universities in the country ,Most with revolving tenures for VCs
Yet there are towns of female professors in the universities

So you see the adjective female was used in the headline
It is is not a common occurrence in Nigeria

Equating their gender to the reason for the appointment or reading more meaning into it reminds me of Republicans who prefer to emphasize Obamas blackness rather than his competence.
Yes he was the first black president and references are made to that but he deserved it ,so should these women be viewed.

I don't really know what Sisi_Kill and Ogugua are on about. E be like say na too much book and oyinbo exposure don scatter their brain.

The fact remains that there is a supply disequilibrium in Nigeria as regards qualified females in comparison to males, especially for the high positions. That is not necessarily an indication of mental superiority or whatever, but more a consequence of social reality. Many (educated) married women in Nigeria end up as housewives, while those that go on to have a career may have limited career options, or a 'glass ceiling' in their careers due to their husbands' and families'/society's restrictions. It is a fact, however unpalatable it sounds to 'modern, intelligent, and enlightened' women like Sisi-Kill et al, lol.

How many female professors do we have in Nigeria in comparison to male?
How many female engineers do we have in comparison to male?
how many female SANs do we have in comparison to male?
How many female directors do we have in the Federal and state civil services in comparison to males?
How many pilots, chartered accountants, administrators, politicians, etc etc?

What I'm trying to say is that if we were to choose a qualified woman for a particular 'high' position, for the fact the she is indeed qualified, then her chances are automatically (and drastically) reduced - simply because of good-old probability and supply issues. If there is a pool of 50 qualified persons, out of which only 5 are women, and out of which only 5 persons would be selected, there is a high chance that none of the 'selectees' would be a woman, unless a deliberate effort is made to select at least one woman in order to ensure some balance. That's the point that needs to be understood. Cases like Okonjo-Iweala or Oby Ezekwesili are unique because they were handpicked for the reason of their perceived superior competence/experience. They didn't have to be randomly selected from a pool of other equally qualified candidates, most of whom would be male in most other cases.

All these feminist rantings are overly idealistic and ignore the reality on ground in the Nigerian context. I believe Babyosisi understands this idea quite well. You must select women because they are women - and happen to be qualified. . . Otherwise, women would be severely under-represented in these positions. That's the reality.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Appoints 6 Female Permanent Secretaries, Sacks Commissioners by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:19am On Jan 04, 2013
Phew
Two topics rearing it's head in one. Even though this is more of a promotion than a political appointment you all have to realise that Nigeria is still some many years away from choosing people based mostly on merit in politics. 99 percent of political appointees are based first on factors such as equity and "na our village turn" . It does not sound ideal but really is the only way this nascent democracy can work, the sad fact is that a huge number of people who will go to those ballot boxes are not as open minded and as educated as we all are here, we might make the most noise but they decide who becomes the next governor or president.

Reference: 2011 elections - Country split on tribal and religious grounds.
Re: Amaechi Appoints 6 Female Permanent Secretaries, Sacks Commissioners by Truckpusher(m): 10:52am On Jan 04, 2013
babyosisi:

Let them appoint me first,let me go and get my share of the national moi moi
It's about time
it's not all abt sharing the national cake my sister it's abt the positive impact that you make that'll somehow change the mindset of the people around you that looks up to you, it may look to little to be noticed, but I can assure you that somebody is watching and copying you.
Re: Amaechi Appoints 6 Female Permanent Secretaries, Sacks Commissioners by Nobody: 11:18am On Jan 04, 2013
pro01:

I don't really know what Sisi_Kill and Ogugua are on about. E be like say na too much book and oyinbo exposure don scatter their brain.

The fact remains that there is a supply disequilibrium in Nigeria as regards qualified females in comparison to males, especially for the high positions. That is not necessarily an indication of mental superiority or whatever, but more a consequence of social reality. Many (educated) married women in Nigeria end up as housewives, while those that go on to have a career may have limited career options, or a 'glass ceiling' in their careers due to their husbands' and families'/society's restrictions. It is a fact, however unpalatable it sounds to 'modern, intelligent, and enlightened' women like Sisi-Kill et al, lol.

How many female professors do we have in Nigeria in comparison to male?
How many female engineers do we have in comparison to male?
how many female SANs do we have in comparison to male?
How many female directors do we have in the Federal and state civil services in comparison to males?
How many pilots, chartered accountants, administrators, politicians, etc etc?

What I'm trying to say is that if we were to choose a qualified woman for a particular 'high' position, for the fact the she is indeed qualified, then her chances are automatically (and drastically) reduced - simply because of good-old probability and supply issues. If there is a pool of 50 qualified persons, out of which only 5 are women, and out of which only 5 persons would be selected, there is a high chance that none of the 'selectees' would be a woman, unless a deliberate effort is made to select at least one woman in order to ensure some balance. That's the point that needs to be understood. Cases like Okonjo-Iweala or Oby Ezekwesili are unique because they were handpicked for the reason of their perceived superior competence/experience. They didn't have to be randomly selected from a pool of other equally qualified candidates, most of whom would be male in most other cases.

All these feminist rantings are overly idealistic and ignore the reality on ground in the Nigerian context. I believe Babyosisi understands this idea quite well. You must select women because they are women - and happen to be qualified. . . Otherwise, women would be severely under-represented in these positions. That's the reality.

There's an ample supply of qualified female personnel in most careers, sectors and industries in Nigeria. Your submission that most educated women in Nigeria endup as housewives is actually outdated.
Re: Amaechi Appoints 6 Female Permanent Secretaries, Sacks Commissioners by KingMosesOsiga: 12:06pm On Jan 04, 2013
PRICE: 2,500,000.00 (2.5 million) Naira only
PICTURES: Available below (The external and the exterior of the jeep.)

Re: Amaechi Appoints 6 Female Permanent Secretaries, Sacks Commissioners by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jan 04, 2013
I really don't know why there is always noise whenever women are appointed. I really dont know. Most men who are appointed are not even appointed on merit and then we don't even hear any noise about it. So why is it that when women are appointed we can't have peace?
Re: Amaechi Appoints 6 Female Permanent Secretaries, Sacks Commissioners by Tekzyflex(m): 12:58pm On Jan 04, 2013
EFCC should not hesitate to arrest that governor after is immunity expires as governor.Imagine people are looking for job,the man is wasting our money on white elephant projects.eg monorails...You want to be like china and America in one ϑa̲̅Ɣ.
Re: Amaechi Appoints 6 Female Permanent Secretaries, Sacks Commissioners by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 04, 2013
J12:

There's an ample supply of qualified female personnel in most careers, sectors and industries in Nigeria. Your submission that most educated women in Nigeria endup as housewives is actually outdated.

"Ample" is a relative term. An ample supply in itself or in comparison with the supply of males? Especially in the high positions? I posed some questions in the previous post that would reveal the yawning disparity between the sexes in this part of the world. For instance, law is one profession where you would find a fairly high number of women. Every year, several lawyers are elevated to position of Senior Advocate of Nigeria. There are countless female lawyers, no doubt, but what percentage of SANs in Nigeria are female? That's just an example.

The supply is much more in the entry level and middle level positions, not the high positions. In any case, I did not say that "most" educated women end up as housewives. . .I said "many". There is a difference between most and many. Besides, even for those married women that go on to have their own careers, I did mention that many of them have limited career options and have to contend with a glass-ceiling in many cases. These issues are not debatable if you know the reality on ground.

The norm in this society is that the man should be the breadwinner (which means that he should pursue his career or business to the highest level possible), whereas the woman should be the homemaker (which inhibits her capacity to pursue her career to the fullest).Certainly, something has to give, and not every woman can juggle homemaking responsibilities with career advancement. This explains the 'supply' disparity I talked about. It is pointless to try to negate this reality merely for the sake of argument.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'fuel Scarcity Is Apc's Christmas Gift To Nigerians' - PDP / Obanikoro Undertakes To Return N480m, Submits Passports To EFCC / Ifeanyi Ubah Is Not Wrong By Defecting To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.