Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,117 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) (9109 Views)

If Only He Knew-a True Life Experience. / Short Story: The Boy That Thought He Knew It All / Wole Soyinka: Things You Never Knew About Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by navymii(m): 8:58pm On Jan 07, 2013
@BukkyDan-*grinning ear to ear* thanks a million for the comments.
Lol..Ben is obviously goin crazy with obsession.
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by Emperortj93(m): 9:34pm On Jan 07, 2013
Guy dis story always maks me wantin 4 more more more (bt dn't cal me oliver twist o)
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by navymii(m): 9:43pm On Jan 07, 2013
@emperor-well,unlike oliver twist,u will get more..lol
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by Hadesparks(f): 5:51am On Jan 08, 2013
Interesting

1 Like

Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by olenyi: 5:56am On Jan 08, 2013
BukkyDan: I'm on a free fall..this writer has caught me already #I laff in yoruba# good work dearie, i luv your write up,you're a Genius!

But come o,whats wrong with Ben? Hmn see best friend oh, I'm sure Agada won't forgive him.

Well, our fingers are crossed to see how this plays out.

Ps** Op, kindly keep it coming.
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by navymii(m): 9:58am On Jan 08, 2013
@olenyi-more is definitely coming
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by navymii(m): 3:06pm On Jan 08, 2013
PART 12

Benson had never been a class topper,but he had also not been one whose position could be used to determine the number of students in a class. Even though he hardly ever knew every question on any test or exam, he also hardly ever knew none; this was a novel experience. He turned to his right where the smallish Rukayat was scribbling away furiously. He watched in silent admiration as the perennial five pointer switched between different shades of coloured pencils and her black biro, labelling a diagram he probably should have been drawing too.

He glanced at the question paper once more. It had a very unfriendly look. The questions seemed to have a judgemental tone; a harsh reminder of his utter neglect of anything academic in the past week. Even the 'good luck' typed at the end seemed to him like a cruel taunt.

Benson glanced at his watch; 4:30pm. It was only twenty minutes into the hour long test. He knew he should feel guilty, should be worried he was failing this test but he didn't care, and it worried him that he didn't care.
All he felt was excitement.
"Will make it upto you" he pondered over the words of Sades text,allowing himself the titillation of wondering what that meant. He realised he was smiling and then quickly adjusted his countenance to the prevailing somber mood.

"Thirty minutes more" Mallam Ibrahim announced and a murmur of panic went up in the hall. The cacophony of scribbling pens, turning pages, tense sighs and the occassional whispered answer intensified.

Benson stood up and walked defiantly to the front of the hall.
"What?" Mallam Ibrahim asked when Benson presented his script refusing to believe he was submitting it.
"I want to submit Sir"
There were renewed murmurs in the hall from mouths agape in shock and those contorted into sneers of ridicule.
Mallam Ibrahim took the script which contained only Bensons registration number, turned it upside down and then shook it as though some hidden answers would fall out. He took out his red biro and wrote CARRY OVER boldly on the paper in Bensons full view.
"You can leave now. That will teach you to play with my course".
Benson sauntered away seemingly unaffected.

It was a quarter to six. Benson was home. Sade had called about thirty minutes earlier to confirm she was coming. He picked out his favorite shirt;a black button down long sleeve which had been a gift from Kefas for one of his birthdays. He put it on over dark blue jeans and picked his hairbrush,making his way to the mirror to brush his hair.

There was a knock on the door. He looked at the time,it was five minutes to six. The knock didn't have the timid reluctance of someone who had never been to his place before; it was bold and audacious. He opened the door.

Agada, Kefas and Abdul were at the door.
Kate was on her way.
"I am finshed" Benson thought.
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by navymii(m): 4:03pm On Jan 08, 2013
PART 13

"Open this door for me abeg, or are you hiding a naked woman?" Kefas jibed, pushing his way in when Benson stood obstructively in the door way.
"I..I'm going out now" Benson stammered as Abdul and Agada followed.
"To where?" Abdul asked.
"Someone invited me for a church service somewhere" he lied. "I'm already very late". He held the door open hoping that like a wasp that had flown astray into a room, they would be happy to find their way out.
"What church?" Kefas inquired
"Em..one of the..the churches in town". Benson answered feeling stupid. He was beginning to sweat heavily. It was a few minutes past six. If Sade came..

"How was the test? And what did Mallam Ibrahim write on your paper?" Agada asked.
Benson thought he heard a car faintly in the distance approaching from the end of the street. It was obvious they wouldn't go.
"I'm coming" he said and rushed out of the house to check down the street; no car yet. He paced around outside like someone trying to control an explosive bout of diarrhoea at an inconvenient location.
"They can't see her" he muttered aloud."They can't"
He heard his phone ringing inside the room
"Oh my goodness" he said rushing in as quickly as he had rushed out startling his friends.Thankfully the phone was under a pillow, so they didn't see the caller ID.
It was Sade.
"I just turned onto your street,meet me outside your door ok?" He didn't answer,all she could hear was panting. "Ben? Ben?"
She cut the call. He could already hear the car approaching.
Agadas phone rang. He made to go outside and pick the call. Benson froze in horror, he had to do something quick.
"Agada" he shouted at the top of his voice. "How dare he?"
Agada was stunned. He stopped and rejected the call,then turned to Benson. "What?"
Benson breathed a little easier
"He gave me a carry over, that's what he wrote! A carry over" he ranted hoping his attempt at anger was believable"
They were all taken aback by the sudden outburst.
"Benson?"Kefas began "What.."
"He didn't even wait for the exam" he continued screaming hysterically. "I will show him" he concluded marching irately towards the door, opening it forcefully and then slammed it shut with a mighty thud, then hooked it from outside.
Sade was just parking. He rushed into the car and told her to drive off.
"What's the matter Ben?" She asked a little agitated
"Just drive" he said. Before they turned out of the street, he gave a small boy that did odd jobs for him fifty naira to go and unhook his door and then runaway as fast as possible.
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by BukkyDan(f): 7:33pm On Jan 08, 2013
"How dare he?" LWKMD
Why is Ben running away? Mtchew, see thief! Wateva he does, Agada would find out.

Good work hon, I nearly floated in suspense. Keep 'em coming
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by navymii(m): 8:49pm On Jan 08, 2013
@BukkyDan-thanks a million. Well Benson had to run,he has plenty to be ashamed off! Will keep em coming.
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by olashas(f): 10:39pm On Jan 08, 2013
Ok. Your break is over o. Come and continue o
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by Nexxy007: 8:54am On Jan 09, 2013
"i wil shw hm!" i lik dat gbanko part. . .lolz. . .bt cwiously he s toyin wt fire. . .scalding fire. D name agada sef no dey put fear 4hm chest?
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by olenyi: 12:06pm On Jan 09, 2013
Wow. But good tactics there on ben's part
Hmmm.....
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by Rchemical(m): 4:16pm On Jan 09, 2013
Beautiful story,more please...
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by navymii(m): 6:20pm On Jan 09, 2013
PART 14

"Let me take a shower first and then I'd make dinner"
"Alright" Benson replied Sade with a satisfied smile as she made her way out of the living room.
Benson lay down on the matress which was more than double the width and height of all the matresses he had ever owned stacked together. He felt weightless,almost ethereal as he sank deeper into its substance. He surveyed the room,it was one of the more lavish accommodations off campus. It was a one bed room self contained apartment. The red and gold coloured heavily embroidered curtains with the plush red rug gave the room an intense,fiery ambience. He admired the fluid silent movement of the standing fan to his left,a sharp contrast to his infinitely more vocal own,and soon drifted off under the soporific effect of its soothing breeze.

He was faintly aware of a phone ringing and hurried footsteps in the living room.
"Hello,I'm fine oh" Sades lively voice interrupted his slumber. He opened his eyes weakly and caught sight of Sades wet feet as she stood facing the wall, her back to him.His gaze travelled up her long legs and had covered more than half the distance up her sumptuous thighs when they were halted in their carnal voyage by her white towel covering her trunk and ending teasingly above her midthighs. Drops of water fell to the ground as she moved and he felt envious of the beads of moisture that had just travelled unhindered down her irresistible figure.

He stood up, moving slowly and deliberately;almost trance-like in the direction of the pointed bulge in his jeans. He stopped just behind her but she was too engrossed in the phone call to notice him. He caressed her shoulders gently kissing each one. He held her by the waist kissing her neck while his hands inched slowly up her trunk. Her breathing became rapid as she struggled to coninue the conversation. He pressed himself against her from behind and she responded by circling her hips over his lightly,barely touching,pulling away on contact. His hands reached her bosom.
"Ooooooh" she moaned as she ground her hips against his with urgency of a frenzied makossa dancer as she managed to expel an "I'll call you back" in her breathless ecstasy. Benson undid her towel letting it drop to the floor and the touch of his fingers against her unclad flesh drove them both wild. Before long, she was pinned against the wall as their hips moved in unison to the rhythm of his wild grunts and her loud screams. His explosive release was the first of three that spanned that night as they rode the ferry of unrestrained passion into the sea of raptuorous bliss.
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by navymii(m): 6:28pm On Jan 09, 2013
@olashas-here it is.
@nexxy-the guy no dey fear again oh.e don craze for woman finish
@olenyi-Ben is feeling sharp..lol,dont mind him.
@Rchemical-thanx a lot,i appreciate.
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by navymii(m): 7:01pm On Jan 09, 2013
PART 15

"So you'll come over tonight" Sade purred as she helped Benson button his shirt after his quick shower.
"I'll be insane not to" he replied kissing her forehead before leaving the apartment.

The sun was brighter, the air fresher, the trees greener as Benson bounced on his way home like an overinflated football. He boarded a bike home and when he alighted, waved the bike man away with a hearty smile,handsome change and a look of astonishment as the man rode away.

His door was unlocked following his theatrics with his friends and so he pushed it open.

Agada was right there, seated on the bed with his back resting on the wall. He stood up slowly and walked up to Benson who by now was a statue in the doorway.

"How is Sade?"
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by BukkyDan(f): 7:32pm On Jan 09, 2013
Agada: how is sade?

Benson: Sade is sweeter than I thought

hey that was a nice one...I pray Agada won't break his head o...even the name Agada don dey fear me sef!
Good work dear. Clap for yourself...
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by navymii(m): 7:46pm On Jan 09, 2013
@BukkyDan-if he answers sweeter tha I thought,den yes, Agada wud definitely break his head..lol
Thanks a lot for all ur comments,I appreciate.
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by Nexxy007: 9:00pm On Jan 09, 2013
Agada: hw s sade
Ben: d babe make sense o, infact she no wan gree release me o.
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by navymii(m): 9:06pm On Jan 09, 2013
@nexxy-una wan kill Ben ba? Lol
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by Nexxy007: 8:10am On Jan 10, 2013
abeg update quick na
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by olenyi: 2:01pm On Jan 10, 2013
Hmmmm.....

Trouble dey sleep, inyanga go wake am.

Hmmm....
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by BukkyDan(f): 3:37pm On Jan 10, 2013
#Screaming at the top of her voice#
Navimii where are you oooo! Ah ahn, come now ooo, before I send Police after you!
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by navymii(m): 4:49pm On Jan 10, 2013
PART 16

"How is Sade?"

He was going feign surprise, then lie, then scream in anger at Agada for daring to accuse him of such betrayal, afterall there was no way Agada could have known.

"Who did you think you could fool Ben?" Agada snarled effectively cutting off dishonesty as a route of escape.Benson was left with a mask of guilt and his tongue in a firm knot as he stood there,stupefied.

"First you came and started asking me stupid questions about my relationship with her. Then you started acting suspiciously,sneaking around,never telling us where you would be. Now you have the fragrance of her soap on you,small oval pink bar of soap isn't it? Really nice fragrance"

Benson stood there in terrified silence as Agada with a calm voice that belied an inner fury,laid bare his deception.

"The hair I picked from your head, and that little tout who you sent to unhook the door and run away. Do you think I'm a fool Ben? Why Ben? Why Sade? Of all the girls you could have? Why her?" Agada raised his voice in an eruption of the hurt of betrayal.

"I said Whyyyyyy? Agada barked grabbing Ben by his shirt and shaking him violently."Why you bastard?"
Benson looked for a split second into Agadas eyes which had become murky, threatening a deluge of tears. Looking into Agadas eyes felt like looking down a yawning abyss of damnation which he deserved. He averted his eyes.

Agada pushed him away roughly.

"I am warning you Ben,for your own good.Stay away from Sade" Agada concluded and then stormed out.

Benson spent most of the day deep in thought,imprisoned by the cold unyielding bars of guilt. He paced around, sat down,lay down then stood up again, his agitation fuelled by the overwhelming shame he felt. He had to do something. Dressing up hurriedly, he decided to rush to Sades house to end things with her and then proceed to beg for Agadas forgiveness.

"What's wrong" Sade asked,her smile morphing into a frown as she noticed his forlorn expression when she opened the door.
"Agada knows" he said, walking in dejectedly.
"How?" She asked shutting the door.
"I don't know,he just pieced things together here and there.I feel so ashamed".
"Of what?" She asked visibly ruffled.
"Of what?" Benson blurted out angrily."I am sleeping with my best friends ex barely a month after the break up and you ask Of what?!"
"So what are you saying? Ehn Ben? What are you saying? That this was a mistake? Are you the one that said he should leave me? Is that your fault? I really don't get you Ben. Be man enough for once to go for what you want!"
"I can't do this anymore Sade, I'm sorry,I can't". He turned to leave.
"Ben" she whispered softly holding his hand. He turned back and faced her."I'm sorry" she purred pulling up close to him. She placed her right hand on his chest running it down his trunk slowly while caressing his cheek with hers.
"I..Sade I can't" he murmured weakly.
"Ben I want you" she whispered seductively as she tugged briefly on his belt knuckle before her hand disappeared into his jeans.
Benson caught his breath as she touched him.
"Sade,please..." he muttered as she drowned out his next words by brushing her lips softly against his. She moved her hand slowly,up and down until he was hard and throbbing while groaning softly.

"It looks like you'll have to choose between Sade and Agada" she moaned faintly as she nibbled his right ear.

"S..sade" Benson stammered. "I want Sade".
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by navymii(m): 4:52pm On Jan 10, 2013
@olenyi-lol,real trouble!
@BukkyDan-i'm here oh!
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by Nexxy007: 10:12pm On Jan 10, 2013
i want. . . .
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by navymii(m): 10:20pm On Jan 10, 2013
@nexxy-wetin u want? Lol.
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by BukkyDan(f): 6:54am On Jan 11, 2013
Sade: it looks lyk u'r gonna choose between sade and Agada

Benson: I want Sade, but I tell you its cos of what I get from you if not, I prefer Agada jor.

Agada: # sharpening his dagger#
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by lilcutie8916(m): 8:51am On Jan 11, 2013
Dude carry on I ve to see the end
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by olenyi: 9:10am On Jan 11, 2013
Nice going bro. Big up's. Regards.
Re: Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess) by navymii(m): 11:03am On Jan 11, 2013
@BukkyDan-lol,Ben is a confused person!
@lilcutie-thanks,you will
@Olenyi- grin thanks a lot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Me, You, And Them: Book 2 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / A Mommy For Christmas / 5 Things You Need To Know Before Dating A Writer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.