Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,441 members, 7,823,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Are Humans Hardwired To Fear Death? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Humans Hardwired To Fear Death? (995 Views)

Why Do You Fear Death? / Are Humans Still Going To Have Freewill In Heaven? / Should We Fear Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Humans Hardwired To Fear Death? by Nobody: 5:35am On Jan 04, 2013
Why do humans, theists and atheist alike afraid to die? Is it because we are hardwired to fear death or we are afraid of what lies ahead? What are your views please?
Re: Are Humans Hardwired To Fear Death? by manmustwac(m): 11:57am On Jan 04, 2013
doubleDx: Why do humans, theists and atheist alike afraid to die? Is it because we are hardwired to fear death or we are afraid of what lies ahead? What are your views please?
It is our basic human instinct to fear death regardless of whether we're atheist or theist. If you were a fireman in one of the twin towers & you just heard the news that the other tower. Just collapsed your basic human instinct would be to get out alive. Also if you were a passenger in a plane & you foundout that your plane was going to be used to ram into the whitehouse you would try to do your best to prevent it from happening in order to preserve your precious life.

Even an antelope in the jungle discovers that its being chased by a cheetah (who needs his next meal) will not just stand still & wait to be eaten. Its basic instinct is to runaway in order to save its precious life. Naturally the antelope fears death & wants to live.

The only difference between the atheist & the theist is that the atheist can handle the situation of fear a lot better than the theist can.
Re: Are Humans Hardwired To Fear Death? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 04, 2013
doubleDx: Why do humans, theists and atheist alike afraid to die? Is it because we are hardwired to fear death or we are afraid of what lies ahead? What are your views please?
SEVERAL FACTORS
1-LIFE IS TOO SWEET. IMAGINE ALL THE GOAT MEAT PEPPERSOUP AND GUINNESS YOU WILL MISS WHEN DEAD.

2-FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN.

3-LACK OF PROPER KNOWLEDGE OF THE BIBLE

1 Like

Re: Are Humans Hardwired To Fear Death? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jan 04, 2013
obadiah777: SEVERAL FACTORS
1-LIFE IS TOO SWEET. IMAGINE ALL THE GOAT MEAT PEPPERSOUP AND GUINNESS YOU WILL MISS WHEN DEAD.

2-FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN.

Lol at Obadiah777 gringringrin happy new year bro. Howdy partner?

LMAO @ the emboldened gringrin

1 Like

Re: Are Humans Hardwired To Fear Death? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 04, 2013
doubleDx:

Lol at Obadiah777 gringringrin happy new year bro. Howdy partner?

LMAO @ the emboldened gringrin
HEY BROTHER DOUBLEDX. ALL IS WELL OVER HERE BROS. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU TOO. TRUST ALL IS WELL grin grin wink

1 Like

Re: Are Humans Hardwired To Fear Death? by greatgenius: 4:37pm On Jan 04, 2013
just fear of the unknown... coupled with the fact that most have been told you will go to hell when you pass.. yet know one really goes to hell except if you choose.

1 Like

Re: Are Humans Hardwired To Fear Death? by Heatblast(m): 5:50pm On Jan 04, 2013
Life is too sweet... I thought xtians are made to believe that the after life is by far sweeter?

@topic, I won't say because we are hardwired to fear death.. I'll rather put it like this "we are hardwired to survive by all means"
Mother natures instinct for suvival is really hard to overcome, it'll take a lot of brain washing (eg in the case of suscide bombers) to overcome such instinct.

1 Like

Re: Are Humans Hardwired To Fear Death? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 04, 2013
Heatblast:
Life is too sweet... I thought xtians are made to believe that the after life is by far sweeter?

@topic, I won't say because we are hardwired to fear death.. I'll rather put it like this "we are hardwired to survive by all means"
Mother natures instinct for suvival is really hard to overcome, it'll take a lot of brain washing (eg in the case of suscide bombers) to overcome such instinct.
AND WHO SAID I WAS A CHRISTIAN ? embarassed undecided
Re: Are Humans Hardwired To Fear Death? by Heatblast(m): 6:07pm On Jan 04, 2013
obadiah777: AND WHO SAID I WAS A CHRISTIAN ? embarassed undecided
Oh... Sorry, my bad, I was thinking you were one embarassed
Re: Are Humans Hardwired To Fear Death? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jan 04, 2013
obadiah777: AND WHO SAID I WAS A CHRISTIAN ? embarassed undecided

What Are you not a xtian?
Re: Are Humans Hardwired To Fear Death? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 04, 2013
greatgenius: just fear of the unknown... coupled with the fact that most have been told you will go to hell when you pass.. yet know one really goes to hell except if you choose.

Yes, that fear of hell too is another thing lol
Re: Are Humans Hardwired To Fear Death? by lepasharon(f): 4:59am On Jan 05, 2013
because some of us feel unfulfilled
Re: Are Humans Hardwired To Fear Death? by Nobody: 5:41am On Jan 05, 2013
If you dont fear death, what will you fear ? Death is the ultimate illusion, so the fear of death becomes the desire to stay alive and become god. We are hardwired to fear death.

1 Like

Re: Are Humans Hardwired To Fear Death? by tobechi20(m): 8:46am On Jan 05, 2013

2-FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN.

..life isnt sweet
Re: Are Humans Hardwired To Fear Death? by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 05, 2013
Heatblast:
Oh... Sorry, my bad, I was thinking you were one embarassed
NO I AINT. I AM HEBREW undecided
Re: Are Humans Hardwired To Fear Death? by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 05, 2013
doubleDx:

What Are you not a xtian?
LOL I AM TECHNICALLY A CHRISTIAN. ALTHOUGH THE WORD 'CHRISTIAN' HAS BEEN BASTARDIZED. EVERY DEMON WHO OPENS A BIBLE NOW CALL THEMSELVES CHRISTIANS embarassed .

1 Like

Re: Are Humans Hardwired To Fear Death? by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 05, 2013
lepasharon: because some of us feel unfulfilled
YOU DONT SAY LEPASHARON. YOU DONE MADE BILLIONS. YOU GOT 2 PRIVATE JETS. A COUPLE OF KIDS AND 5 GRANDCHILDREN. WHAT ELSE YOU NEED WOMAN angry grin
Re: Are Humans Hardwired To Fear Death? by Nobody: 9:16am On Jan 05, 2013
tobechi20: ..life isnt sweet
YEAH I HEAR YA. THESE ARE ROUGH TIMES GLOBALLY. THERE IS A REASON WHY THERE IS 7 BILLION PEOPLE ON THE PLANET TODAY. THE LORD PUT ALL THE SPIRITS HE MADE ON THE PLANET. THIS IS JUDGEMENT TIME. PEOPLE ARE GETTING JUDGED AS WE SPEAK. THIS WHY YOU SEEING LOTS OF DEATHS AND PLANE CRASHES AND ALL TYPES OF CRAZINESS. ITS JUDGEMENT TIME. FOLKS RECIEVING JUDGEMENT. THEN THE FINAL JUDGEMENT IN ARMAGEDDON EN MASSE

1 Like

Re: Are Humans Hardwired To Fear Death? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jan 05, 2013
obadiah777: LOL I AM TECHNICALLY A CHRISTIAN. ALTHOUGH THE WORD 'CHRISTIAN' HAS BEEN BASTARDIZED. EVERY DEMON WHO OPENS A BIBLE NOW CALL THEMSELVES CHRISTIANS embarassed .

You are right 'bout that bredda!
Re: Are Humans Hardwired To Fear Death? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 05, 2013
doubleDx:

You are right 'bout that bredda!
TOO MANY CHARLATANS BROS. THEY ARE IN IT FOR THE FILTHY LUCRE. HOW A MAN OF GOD OWN 4 JETS ? THATS FILTHY LUCRE. MEN OF GOD SLEEPING WITH YOUNG BOYS ( ODULELE AND EDDIE LONG DONG ), MEN OF GOD BEING COVETOUS ( THATS ALMOST ALL CHRISTIANS ). YEAH I AINT NO CHRISTIAN. I AM A HEBREW ISRAELITE grin. TOP OF THE MORNING TO YOU CHAIRMAN DOUBLEDX wink

1 Like

Re: Are Humans Hardwired To Fear Death? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jan 05, 2013
obadiah777: TOO MANY CHARLATANS BROS. THEY ARE IN IT FOR THE FILTHY LUCRE. HOW A MAN OF GOD OWN 4 JETS ? THATS FILTHY LUCRE. MEN OF GOD SLEEPING WITH YOUNG BOYS ( ODULELE AND EDDIE LONG DONG ), MEN OF GOD BEING COVETOUS ( THATS ALMOST ALL CHRISTIANS ). YEAH I AINT NO CHRISTIAN. I AM A HEBREW ISRAELITE grin. TOP OF THE MORNING TO YOU CHAIRMAN DOUBLEDX wink

Oh, ok great bruv. Man, its really crazy for a man of God to own 4 private jets. They are all theives showing off and telling the world how rich and powerful they are. That was one of the reasons why I stopped going to church, they've infact bastardized 'Christianity' like you said earlier! Gay priests and pastors all over the place. Its a pity, I must say #SMH#

1 Like

Re: Are Humans Hardwired To Fear Death? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jan 05, 2013
doubleDx:

Oh, ok great bruv. Man, its really crazy for a man of God to own 4 private jets. They are all theives showing off and telling the world how rich and powerful they are. That was one of the reasons why I stopped going to church, they've infact bastardized 'Christianity' like you said earlier! Gay priests and pastors all over the place. Its a pity, I must say #SMH#
LOL IT IS WHAT IT IS. ITS A GOOD THING YOU STOPPED GOING TO CHURCH. STUDY THE BIBLE ON YOUR OWN AND IF YOU RUN INTO BUMPS AND KINKS THAT YOU CANT DECIPHER, YOU SEEK THE COMPANY OF OTHER BRETHRENS, LIKE ON NAIRALAND, TO TRY AND BREAK IT DOWN FOR YOU. CHURCHES ARE DENS OF INIQUITY.

1 Like

Re: Are Humans Hardwired To Fear Death? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 05, 2013
obadiah777: LOL IT IS WHAT IT IS. ITS A GOOD THING YOU STOPPED GOING TO CHURCH. STUDY THE BIBLE ON YOUR OWN AND IF YOU RUN INTO BUMPS AND KINKS THAT YOU CANT DECIPHER, YOU SEEK THE COMPANY OF OTHER BRETHRENS, LIKE ON NAIRALAND, TO TRY AND BREAK IT DOWN FOR YOU. CHURCHES ARE DENS OF INIQUITY.
Church is a waste of creative brain. Even the pastors dont know the f u c k they are preaching about.
Re: Are Humans Hardwired To Fear Death? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jan 05, 2013
Billyonaire: Church is a waste of creative brain. Even the pastors dont know the f u c k they are preaching about.
YOU ARE RIGHT. ITS A DEN OF THIEVES.
Re: Are Humans Hardwired To Fear Death? by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 20, 2013
obadiah777: YOU ARE RIGHT. ITS A DEN OF THIEVES.

Lmao gringrin spot on bruv!

(1) (Reply)

The Secret To Long Life! Uncovered By The Bible / Pastor Steals A Follower's Wife, Kills Him And Presided Over His Funeral! / The Mark Of The Beast 666 Is Technology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.