Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Are Humans Still Going To Have Freewill In Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Humans Still Going To Have Freewill In Heaven? (2066 Views)

Adeboye: I Am Sure HID Awolowo Is In Heaven / Has GOD Given Humans Freewill Or Predestinated Humans?? / Yahweh And Freewill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Humans Still Going To Have Freewill In Heaven? by johnydon22(m): 8:28pm On Nov 10, 2014
when humans get to heaven ARE WE STILL GOING TO HAVE FREE-WILL because if we still have freewill, humans will continue sinning.. are we still going to have freewill or not
Re: Are Humans Still Going To Have Freewill In Heaven? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 10, 2014
how we wan take no Na
Re: Are Humans Still Going To Have Freewill In Heaven? by emmyskies(m): 8:35pm On Nov 10, 2014
We will have our free will in heaven, but this time, the root of sin will no longer be found in anyone.

Glory be unto JESUS CHRIST both now and forever more; Amen
Re: Are Humans Still Going To Have Freewill In Heaven? by honourhim: 8:39pm On Nov 10, 2014
johnydon22:
when humans get to heaven ARE WE STILL GOING TO HAVE FREE-WILL because if we still have freewill, humans will continue sinning.. are we still going to have freewill or not

We will not sin because we will put on a nature that cannot sin. A glorious body that will subdue all things. Read Philippians 3;21
Re: Are Humans Still Going To Have Freewill In Heaven? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 10, 2014
Well there is no heaven,no need for me to worry about someone deciding whether I will have freewill or not.
Re: Are Humans Still Going To Have Freewill In Heaven? by Lordabas: 8:53pm On Nov 10, 2014

There must be.
If there was no free will in heaven how would satan have rebelled?
Re: Are Humans Still Going To Have Freewill In Heaven? by johnydon22(m): 8:58pm On Nov 10, 2014
emmyskies:
We will have our free will in heaven, but this time, the root of sin will no longer be found in anyone.

what exactly is the root of sin?
Re: Are Humans Still Going To Have Freewill In Heaven? by johnydon22(m): 8:59pm On Nov 10, 2014
honourhim:

We will not sin because we will put on a nature that cannot sin. A glorious body that will subdue all things. Read Philippians 3;21

i asked if we would still have freewill
Re: Are Humans Still Going To Have Freewill In Heaven? by johnydon22(m): 9:00pm On Nov 10, 2014
Lordabas:

There must be.
If there was no free will in heaven how would satan have rebelled?

i wonder... then if we still get our freewill in heaven then sin will still linger
Re: Are Humans Still Going To Have Freewill In Heaven? by Tattooboy: 9:15pm On Nov 10, 2014
samflexxy:
how we wan take no Na
op might wanna confirm 4 us by goin there.
Re: Are Humans Still Going To Have Freewill In Heaven? by Tattooboy: 9:16pm On Nov 10, 2014
emmyskies:

were u there before?
Re: Are Humans Still Going To Have Freewill In Heaven? by honourhim: 9:16pm On Nov 10, 2014
johnydon22:

i asked if we would still have freewill

Yes we will have freewill but we will put on the glorious nature of Jesus that subdues all things according to Philippians 3;21. So we will have freewill and not sin like Jesus Christ.
Re: Are Humans Still Going To Have Freewill In Heaven? by johnydon22(m): 9:19pm On Nov 10, 2014
honourhim:

Yes we will have freewill but we will put on the glorious nature of Jesus that subdues all things according to Philippians 3;21. So we will have freewill and not sin like Jesus Christ.

hahahahaha we put on a nature that subdues all things now that sounds like not having free will... how can you say we will have freewill and still yet put on a nature that subdues all things... lol are you kidding me?
Re: Are Humans Still Going To Have Freewill In Heaven? by honourhim: 9:27pm On Nov 10, 2014
johnydon22:

hahahahaha we put on a nature that subdues all things now that sounds like not having free will... how can you say we will have freewill and still yet put on a nature that subdues all things... lol are you kidding me?

Does Christ not have freewill?
Re: Are Humans Still Going To Have Freewill In Heaven? by emmyskies(m): 9:34pm On Nov 10, 2014
johnydon22:

what exactly is the root of sin?

Let's not go into details.
As the devil got corrupt from exercising his free will, such thing won't happen again in heaven
Re: Are Humans Still Going To Have Freewill In Heaven? by finofaya: 9:42pm On Nov 10, 2014
johnydon22:

This is another of those things that make you realize that life cannot be different from what it is now. If God takes away our freewill, we become robots. Nobody wants to be a robot. If God leaves our freewill intact, we'll fxck up his joint the way we have earth. Nobody wants that. If God changes our nature, he exposes himself as malevolent, or as lacking omnipotence, or as both, since nothing else could have stopped God from making us with the nature that he plans to change us into. Heaven is a story for kids but sadly some adults think its something that can work.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Humans Still Going To Have Freewill In Heaven? by johnydon22(m): 9:45pm On Nov 10, 2014
honourhim:

Does Christ not have freewill?
and am sure you only know 1% of the life of jesus that was written in the gospel by unknown authors
Re: Are Humans Still Going To Have Freewill In Heaven? by johnydon22(m): 9:47pm On Nov 10, 2014
finofaya:

This is another of those things that make you realize that life cannot be different from what it is now. If God takes away our freewill, we become robots. Nobody wants to be a robot. If God leaves our freewill intact, we'll fxck up his joint the way we have earth. Nobody wants that. If God changes our nature, he exposes himself as malevolent, or as lacking omnipotence, or as both, since nothing else could have stopped God from making us with the nature that he plans to change us into. Heaven is a story for kids but sadly some adults think its something that can work.

seriously i couldnt agree with you more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Humans Still Going To Have Freewill In Heaven? by honourhim: 9:54pm On Nov 10, 2014
johnydon22:

and am sure you only know 1% of the life of jesus that was written in the gospel by unknown authors

Bro we are discussing bible so lets keep to it. The bible says he is sinless. Lets keep to bible records
Re: Are Humans Still Going To Have Freewill In Heaven? by honourhim: 9:56pm On Nov 10, 2014
finofaya:

This is just your opinion, it doesnt change anything bro. Feel free to believe whatever.
Re: Are Humans Still Going To Have Freewill In Heaven? by johnydon22(m): 10:08pm On Nov 10, 2014
honourhim:

Bro we are discussing bible so lets keep to it. The bible says he is sinless. Lets keep to bible records

bible is not a good history book sir... the four gospels were written by unknown authors many decades after the death of jesus. how exactly did they get dia info from to write about a man they never saw and even wrote things he said... and mind you they were more than 300 other gospels that were voted out and not included in the bible during the council of nicea... someone is hiding a secret

1 Like

Re: Are Humans Still Going To Have Freewill In Heaven? by johnydon22(m): 10:08pm On Nov 10, 2014
honourhim:

that means he was never actually human....
Re: Are Humans Still Going To Have Freewill In Heaven? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Nov 10, 2014
Deuteronomy 20:10-15

10 ¶When thou comest nigh unto a city to fight against it, then proclaim peace unto it.

11 And it shall be, if it make thee answer of peace, and open unto thee, then it shall be, that all the people that is found therein shall be tributaries unto thee, and they shall serve thee.

12 And if it will make no peace with thee, but will make war against thee, then thou shalt besiege it:

13 And when the Lord thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword:

14 But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which the Lord thy God hath given thee.

15 Thus shalt thou do unto all the cities which are very far off from thee, which are not of the cities of these nations.
Re: Are Humans Still Going To Have Freewill In Heaven? by An2elect2(f): 10:25pm On Nov 10, 2014
Lol Op you are asking this question because you are so full of yourself.

Well....you want to know the truth? there is no free will on earth and in heaven for any man.

A person outside of Christ is bound to sin or better put a slave of sin and a person in Christ is bound to righteousness i.e a servant of righteousness. Romans 6:19-22.

You see in both cases men are bound/held/made subject to... not 'free' or let alone

You are not free people! don't deceive yourselves there is ONE who is in control of everything. Yes, everything!
Re: Are Humans Still Going To Have Freewill In Heaven? by johnydon22(m): 10:28pm On Nov 10, 2014
An2elect2:
Lol Op you are asking this question because you are so full of yourself.

Well....you want to know the truth? there is no free will on earth and in heaven for any man.

A person outside of Christ is bound to sin or better put a slave of sin and a person in Christ is bound to righteousness i.e a servant of righteousness. Romans 6:19-22.

You see in both cases men are bound/held/made subject to... not 'free' or let alone

You are not free people! don't deceive yourselves there is ONE who is in control of everything. Yes, everything!

that am replying this post now is out of my own freewill and nothing else... so you are telling me that you dont sin
Re: Are Humans Still Going To Have Freewill In Heaven? by An2elect2(f): 10:44pm On Nov 10, 2014
johnydon22:

that am replying this post now is out of my own freewill and nothing else... so you are telling me that you dont sin
I knew you would misunderstand me. What made you reply me? you can't undo your reply.
I answered your question already why derail your own thread by asking me another question.

I wont answer that now cos you are not ready for the answer. Not yet.

Now, can you stick to your free will thread?
Re: Are Humans Still Going To Have Freewill In Heaven? by honourhim: 10:45pm On Nov 10, 2014
johnydon22:

bible is not a good history book sir... the four gospels were written by unknown authors many decades after the death of jesus. how exactly did they get dia info from to write about a man they never saw and even wrote things he said... and mind you they were more than 300 other gospels that were voted out and not included in the bible during the council of nicea... someone is hiding a secret

We became born again based on what we read in the bible not based on these other books you mentioned. Those discoveries cant be trusted more than the bible that we read, followed its guide and encountered Christ. Those who are not sure of their stand in Christ based on the bible can go for the other books you are talking about if they choose to. For us, the bible is authentic.

Again the issue you raised in the OP is a biblical issue and we can only answer it with the bible.
Re: Are Humans Still Going To Have Freewill In Heaven? by johnydon22(m): 10:50pm On Nov 10, 2014
An2elect2:

I knew you would misunderstand me. What made you reply me? you can't undo your reply.
I answered your question already why derail your own thread by asking me another question.

I wont answer that now cos you are not ready for the answer. Not yet.

Now, can you stick to your free will thread?

you didnt answer my questions, you just qoute bible verses that are filled up with sentiments... i asked if we would still have freewill in heaven and your bible verse were busy talking another thing all together... talk about derailing
Re: Are Humans Still Going To Have Freewill In Heaven? by johnydon22(m): 10:53pm On Nov 10, 2014
honourhim:

We became born again based on what we read in the bible not based on these other books you mentioned. Those discoveries cant be trusted more than the bible that we read, followed its guide and encountered Christ. Those who are not sure of their stand in Christ based on the bible can go for the other books you are talking about if they choose to. For us, the bible is authentic.

Again the issue you raised in the OP is a biblical issue and we can only answer it with the bible.

so if the gospel is a lie you still became born again based on lies since the gospel is all about truth why dont you do your research and see if really the gospel is the truth is potrays... those bunch of old men that presided over the council of nicea gave you the guidance they wanted you to have not necessarily the truth.
Re: Are Humans Still Going To Have Freewill In Heaven? by honourhim: 11:12pm On Nov 10, 2014
johnydon22:

so if the gospel is a lie you still became born again based on lies since the gospel is all about truth why dont you do your research and see if really the gospel is the truth is potrays... those bunch of old men that presided over the council of nicea gave you the guidance they wanted you to have not necessarily the truth.

grin Bro this shows that you dont know what the real born again experience is. When you experience it, you will understand better. I know that the message of born again has been bastardized by some preachers but it doesnt mean that the real message and the real experience is no more with us,
Re: Are Humans Still Going To Have Freewill In Heaven? by An2elect2(f): 11:12pm On Nov 10, 2014
johnydon22:

you didnt answer my questions, you just qoute bible verses that are filled up with sentiments... i asked if we would still have freewill in heaven and your bible verse were busy talking another thing all together... talk about derailing

Oh! okay. My fault then.
A christian who is now a 'slave' of righteousness on earth would continue to be a 'slave' even in heaven.
I hope is clear?

Well from your replies you seem to have a low opinion of the scriptures. Just wondering where you got the notion of heaven from cry From your maths text book?
Re: Are Humans Still Going To Have Freewill In Heaven? by johnydon22(m): 11:17pm On Nov 10, 2014
An2elect2:

Oh! okay. My fault then.
A christian who is now a 'slave' of righteousness on earth would continue to be a 'slave' even in heaven.
I hope is clear?

Well from your replies you seem to have a low opinion of the scriptures. Just wondering where you got the notion of heaven from cry From your maths text book?

you dont understand it. that a christian is good is because he wants to be good and he can be bad if he wants to. that is free will.
i am good because i want to be good, it was my decision. . . . i got my idea of heaven from what they preach to us

(1) (2) (Reply)

RCCG Sunday School Teacher's Manual 7th January Lesson 19 : Topic - GAMBLING / Science Says We Need At Least 4 Basic Elements To Survive / Young Evangelist, Gospel Agochukwu Welcomes Twins (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.