Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,380 members, 7,819,382 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

The Truth About Muh'ammad: Founder Of The World's Most Intolerant Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Truth About Muh'ammad: Founder Of The World's Most Intolerant Religion (998 Views)

TB Joshua & Ayo Babalola Listed Among World’s Most Famous Prophets / 19-yr-old Pastor Impregnates Female Church Founder (PIC) / Between Islam And Christianity, Which Is The MOST Intolerant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About Muh'ammad: Founder Of The World's Most Intolerant Religion by therationa(m): 3:53pm On Feb 23, 2008
There is a recent book about Muh'ammad called "The Truth about Muh'ammad". I give the link here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1596985283/ref=s9_asin_image_2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-6&pf_rd_r=0GNNPWFSS220WYDNYNB5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=320449101&pf_rd_i=507846

Has anyone had a chance to read this book, yet?
Re: The Truth About Muh'ammad: Founder Of The World's Most Intolerant Religion by 4Him(m): 4:05pm On Feb 23, 2008
dont expect a reply from our resident appologists (ooops sorry "great ones").
Re: The Truth About Muh'ammad: Founder Of The World's Most Intolerant Religion by olabowale(m): 4:56pm On Feb 23, 2008
@Therationa: I am very familiar with Robert Spenncer. His bloodline is from Turkey Kurd or Gipsie, but not ethnic Turk. He is a second generation American from California. And he has a Ph. D. from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hills. His problems are not truly with Islam, but Turk ethnic rulers of Turkey. He is a hand tool of the so called conservative think tank groups.

He had written some other books, but always shy away from having a dialogue with any home group Mus'lim Americans. His book is non of importance, to any mus'lim. I guess the freedom of speech and press protect him, just the same way it protects me. My condition is that I will restrict myself from knowingly say anything false by anyone, living or dead. Whereas, he and others, in the oriental field of study and other non mus'lims may not practise the same restraint.

Since I can not read anything but the contents section, I guess I can not comment on the book, But judging from all his interviews, he will not do better than his usual supposition process of argument. But what its important is that he is a member of a christian sect that is less than 200 years old. I guess then that the christian will say that he is a cultist. Therefore what do I expect from him?

Do you have any questions if you had read this book and any others? Do not hesitate to ask, please.

@4Him: I am sure that you forgot, tentatively that Olabowale may come across this thread! I expect to help diffuse your misgivings about Is'am if you are patient. But you have to ask questions, directly and allow answers.
Re: The Truth About Muh'ammad: Founder Of The World's Most Intolerant Religion by therationa(m): 5:05pm On Feb 23, 2008
olabowale:

@Therationa: I am very familiar with Robert Spenncer. His bloodline is from Turkey Kurd or Gipsie, but not ethnic Turk. He is a second generation American from California. And he has a Ph. D. from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hills. His problems are not truly with The Great Religion, but Turk ethnic rulers of Turkey. He is a hand tool of the so called conservative think tank groups.

He had written some other books, but always shy away from having a dialogue with any home group Mus'lim Americans. His book is non of importance, to any mus'lim. I guess the freedom of speech and press protect him, just the same way it protects me. My condition is that I will restrict myself from knowingly say anything false by anyone, living or dead. Whereas, he and others, in the oriental field of study and other non mus'lims may not practise the same restraint.

Since I can not read anything but the contents section, I guess I can not comment on the book, But judging from all his interviews, he will not do better than his usual supposition process of argument. But what its important is that he is a member of a christian sect that is less than 200 years old. I guess then that the christian will say that he is a cultist. Therefore what do I expect from him?

Do you have any questions if you had read this book and any others? Do not hesitate to ask, please.

@4Him: I am sure that you forgot, tentatively that Olabowale may come across this thread! I expect to help diffuse your misgivings about Is'am if you are patient. But you have to ask questions, directly and allow answers.

Thanks for this response: Am sure you are familiar with Ibn Warraq and his books and Ayaan Hirsi Ali. What is your take of the following?

http://www.amazon.com/Why-I-Am-Not-Muslim/dp/1591020115/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b
http://www.amazon.com/Leaving-Islam-Apostates-Speak-Out/dp/1591020689/ref=pd_sim_b_img_1
http://www.amazon.com/What-Koran-Really-Says-Commentary/dp/157392945X/ref=pd_sim_b_title_13
Re: The Truth About Muh'ammad: Founder Of The World's Most Intolerant Religion by olabowale(m): 6:06pm On Feb 23, 2008
@Therationa: These arabs have their own condition to deal with. Its their freedom of speech that they are exercising. But that just did not say to us that they are right. You know right when you see it. Your heart will let you know it, and your soul accepts it.

I remember when a person asked me if I was a convert to Is'lam, and I almost got upset. But I put the question in its proper context: afterall, he did not know me that well before the question was asked. A color blind person may not be able to differentiate red from brown for the sake of argument. So a person whose spiritual heart is deseased may not know spiritual right from wrong. Is'lam is not a religion that is passed down from generation to generation anyhow; otherwise, you will not be seeing people in the Americas, the indigenous Blacks and Whites and inbetween accepting it. And you will not have gotten some people on Nairaland who have claimed that they are no more Mus'lims; eg Backslider, etc.

(1) (Reply)

Young Ministers Of The Gospel / Difficulties Can Advance The Gospel / The Blessing Of Satan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.