Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,297 members, 7,815,522 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Dana Air Bonanza, 14k To Anywhere In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dana Air Bonanza, 14k To Anywhere In Nigeria (1014 Views)

FG Lifts Flight Suspension Of Dana Airlines / Dana Air Resumes Lagos To Abuja Flight At N11,799 / Picture Of President Goodluck Jonathan Crying At Dana Plane Crash Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dana Air Bonanza, 14k To Anywhere In Nigeria by asala1: 6:19pm On Jan 04, 2013
Smiling staffers stood Thursday at empty check-in and ticket counters at a domestic wing of Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos, as only a few passengers paid for seats on its 4:20 p.m. flight Thursday to Nigeria's capital, Abuja. The private airline planned to have a flight Friday morning carrying local celebrities, government officials and journalists to the capital and back as a sign that the carrier was again open for business, said Tony Usidamen, a Dana spokesman.

The carrier was offering tickets as cheap as 14,400 naira ($90) one-way to the capital, about half the price of its competitors, as a means of luring back passengers. However, Usidamen said the carrier planned a limited flight schedule for the coming weeks and acknowledged it would be a while before its flights were full again.

"It's going to take time to publicize the resumption of flights and to regain the public's confidence," the spokesman told The Associated Press.

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/01/03/5089802/nigeria-airline-in-june-crash.html

Desperation will make make of us take Dana. Welcome back DANA
Re: Dana Air Bonanza, 14k To Anywhere In Nigeria by AnodaIT(m): 6:28pm On Jan 04, 2013
Number 1 to comment.
Personally I wouldn't mind flying Dana.
A bitten snake knows better when it comes to safety no matter what people say
Re: Dana Air Bonanza, 14k To Anywhere In Nigeria by sammyzacks(m): 6:36pm On Jan 04, 2013
What kind of govt will allow an airline like Dana to resume flight. Investigations are not yet concluded and it is obvious that the airline compromised safety to profit.
Re: Dana Air Bonanza, 14k To Anywhere In Nigeria by kelvincoll(m): 11:34pm On Jan 04, 2013
With that prize they sure will enjoy good patronage soonest..... i speak as a Nigerian! grin grin grin
Re: Dana Air Bonanza, 14k To Anywhere In Nigeria by manny4life(m): 11:56pm On Jan 04, 2013
sammyzacks: What kind of govt will allow an airline like Dana to resume flight. Investigations are not yet concluded and it is obvious that the airline compromised safety to profit.

Going by your logic, ALL most all airline in the U.S and around the world should have shut down while waiting on full investigation to be complete.

(1) (Reply)

I Earn N25, 000 Daily Allowance - Sanusi(cbn GOV.) / El-rufai: Why I Wept At My Book Presentation / “only One Cup? I Beg” – Osaze Odemwingie Rants On Twitter Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.