Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,932 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:42 PM

You Worship Almight God By Bowing Down To Him Not By Clapping Or Dancing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Worship Almight God By Bowing Down To Him Not By Clapping Or Dancing (1169 Views)

Where Will You Worship God Today? / 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! / Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Worship Almight God By Bowing Down To Him Not By Clapping Or Dancing by smemud(m): 7:36am On Jan 05, 2013
My name is shina memud,I am a true muslim.I also have many christain folks.But the truth must be said about christainity,my may concern is why cant christains bow down to their God in their place of worship as other religion does.Even if traditional worshipper want to worship their gods before anything else they bow down to their gods.Before you do anything infront of a king you must first prostrate or bow to the king.Even the hindu bow down to their gods in their place of worship,every religion i know in this world bow down to their gods in their place of worship.Let me give you an example,everybody do watch chinese or any asian movie cant you see how they worship?They worship their god by bowing down to them.Why isnt christain doing that instead of dancing and clapping in their place of worship.Bowing down is just a sign of worshipping God.As a muslim u must bow down to Almight Allah if u want to worship him.Dont mind my english,think about the issue i have just raised.Bye for now....
Re: You Worship Almight God By Bowing Down To Him Not By Clapping Or Dancing by Omexonomy: 7:56am On Jan 05, 2013
Is nairaland a luntic asylum. To many mad people on this site. Seun please do something call ur moderators (psychiatrist) to oder
Re: You Worship Almight God By Bowing Down To Him Not By Clapping Or Dancing by OmoAlata(f): 8:04am On Jan 05, 2013
shina memud, have you checked out ALL the churches during your research
Re: You Worship Almight God By Bowing Down To Him Not By Clapping Or Dancing by Nobody: 8:23am On Jan 05, 2013
Assalamu Alaikum Mr. Shina,

I do understand your grouse and zeal for the appropriate posture of worship for God. I believe firmly that God deserves every ounce of respect and reverence we can muster. For me, I believe that just bowing down alone is even not enough reverence to give to God who we believe is almighty.

But you should realise that we are different and prone to do things differently. People show respect nd reverence in diverse ways. For a Yoruba man, if you have not prostrated to greet your elders, you have not even started while for an Iviebua man a show like that would depict weakness but respect for him is mainly seen in words.

You might see this as an unfair comparison (and I admmit it is) considering that we are talking about God here but the point is, we have different religions and each religion have their own perspective of God and how he wants to be worshipped.

In as much as I believe that bowing down is very appropriate, I would suggest that you try to understand that the clapping of hands and singing is not bad at all if it is done sincerely and is meant for praising and worshipping God.

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: You Worship Almight God By Bowing Down To Him Not By Clapping Or Dancing by inspiredbyGOD(m): 8:50am On Jan 05, 2013
Bowing down is not a sign of true worship. What's the point of bowing down to God if you do not live your life in accordance to His will?
You don't bow down to show how much you revere God, you show that you worship God by your actions.
Re: You Worship Almight God By Bowing Down To Him Not By Clapping Or Dancing by Bella3(f): 8:59am On Jan 05, 2013
READ PSALM 150.
By the way, who gave you the right to chose how people should worship GOD? All other religion bows, christians dnt. It tells me alot.
Re: You Worship Almight God By Bowing Down To Him Not By Clapping Or Dancing by UjSizzle(f): 9:00am On Jan 05, 2013
Every activity can be an act of worship so long you do it with joy, giving glory to God.
Re: You Worship Almight God By Bowing Down To Him Not By Clapping Or Dancing by tobechi20(m): 9:24am On Jan 05, 2013
smemud: My name is shina memud,I am a true muslim.I also have many christain folks.But the truth must be said about christainity,my may concern is why cant christains bow down to their God in their place of worship as other religion does.Even if traditional worshipper want to worship their gods before anything else they bow down to their gods.Before you do anything infront of a king you must first prostrate or bow to the king.Even the hindu bow down to their gods in their place of worship,every religion i know in this world bow down to their gods in their place of worship.Let me give you an example,everybody do watch chinese or any asian movie cant you see how they worship?They worship their god by bowing down to them.Why isnt christain doing that instead of dancing and clapping in their place of worship.Bowing down is just a sign of worshipping God.As a muslim u must bow down to Almight Allah if u want to worship him.Dont mind my english,think about the issue i have just raised.Bye for now....

FALLACY

some churches bow to God e.g catholic

bowin isnt d only form of worship

i can bow to u witout worshipin u e.g lawyers bow to judges
Re: You Worship Almight God By Bowing Down To Him Not By Clapping Or Dancing by Samchelsea(m): 9:30am On Jan 05, 2013
Mr man its better you don't start what you can't finish if not you have to check the
aforementioned religions and see that their so called method of bowing down are not the same e.g in islam bowing down entails letting your head to touch the ground while in the other ones you mentioned it is not the same and for your information christians bow down to God but not the same way muslims does theirs e.g when singing and praising and a song about bowing down to God is sang everyone does it although it might not take upto 5secs but God searches every mans heart and during prayer also the pastor/prayer conductor will say "let us all bow down our heads in worship" so study well before jumping into conclusion

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Core Or Major Causes Of Sin? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Gets 6 Weeks To Reconcile With His Wife Anita - See More / The Reality Of De Ja Vu??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.