Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,927 members, 7,817,717 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Primavera P6 Log On Problem (pix) - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Primavera P6 Log On Problem (pix) (13955 Views)

How To Hack And Bypass Windows Log On On A Computer / Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data / How To Download From 4shared.com Without Log In or Registration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Primavera P6 Log On Problem (pix) by zugoboss(m): 9:00am On Jan 05, 2013
After successfully installing primavera on my system,it refuses to open. keeps on saying unable to connect to database server, Must the system be connected to a server. whats the way out? so many peeps are having the same issue.

Re: Primavera P6 Log On Problem (pix) by deji2009(m): 7:59pm On Jan 06, 2013
zugoboss: After successfully installing primavera on my system,it refuses to open. keeps on saying unable to connect to database server, Must the system be connected to a server. whats the way out? so many peeps are having the same issue.

Citation

Planning planet support

depends on the database configuration, either of these steps may work.

Step A.

go to 'All Programs'' --> 'Microsoft SQL Server' --> 'Configuration Tools' --> 'SQL Server Configuration Manager'
SQL Server Config Mngr window will open. In the right hand site of the window you will see different data bases. Right Click on the SQL Server 'Primavera' and click 'start'.
Then try again to log in in Primavera.

or

Step B

go to 'All Programs'' --> 'Oracle Database 10g Express Edition' then click 'Start Database'

Then try again to login in Primavera.

Hai
U can also Try to Configure ur Database
Start->ControlPanel->Administrative tool->Data source(ODBC)-> System DSN->Primavera P6->Configure->Create Databse Alias-Select Driver Type Box Appear
Select Microsoft SQl Server
Click
Configure SQL Server Connection Box Appear
Host name Type->(Computername\Primavera)
Database Name->pmdb$primavera
Click Next
Enter Public login Information Box Appear
User name Type->pubuser
password ->pubuser
Public group id->1
Click Next

Your database will be get configured.
But this can be done only if u have SQL Server Installed

Or you can contact oracle support

Regards,
Re: Primavera P6 Log On Problem (pix) by zugoboss(m): 9:18pm On Jan 07, 2013
wow!!! thanks alot. I tried downloading the ms sql server but its large,2.5gb & the network is crazy here. thanks!
Re: Primavera P6 Log On Problem (pix) by deji2009(m): 7:52pm On Jan 09, 2013
zugoboss: wow!!! thanks alot. I tried downloading the ms sql server but its large,2.5gb & the network is crazy here. thanks!

Keep us updated
Re: Primavera P6 Log On Problem (pix) by zugoboss(m): 1:45pm On Jan 12, 2013
I tried the two steps as follows:
Step A.

go to 'All Programs'' --> 'Microsoft SQL Server' --> 'Configuration Tools' --> 'SQL Server Configuration Manager'
SQL Server Config Mngr window will open. In the right hand site of the window you will see different data bases. Right Click on the SQL Server 'Primavera' and click 'start'.
I right clicked on the sql server but couldn't find primavera

Re: Primavera P6 Log On Problem (pix) by zugoboss(m): 1:56pm On Jan 12, 2013
Step B
Start->ControlPanel->Administrative tool->Data source(ODBC)-> System DSN->
but found it empty.

Re: Primavera P6 Log On Problem (pix) by deji2009(m): 10:52am On Jan 13, 2013
zugoboss: After successfully installing primavera on my system,it refuses to open. keeps on saying unable to connect to database server, Must the system be connected to a server. whats the way out? so many peeps are having the same issue.

Hello,

What Operating System are you using? Are you using Windows 7? If you are using Windows 7, please make sure that you are launching the installation with Administrator Privileges. To do this, you can right click the installation file and click the "Run As Administrator".

Also, please check if you are able to login to Methodology Management directly.

If you are able to login, Please check these following entries in the registry:
HKey_Current_User/Software/Primavera/Databases/MM/CurrentAlias
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Primavera\Databases\MM\Aliases

Check if there are discrepancies on the data in these locations and correct them if necessary.

If you are not even able to login to Methodology management directly, uninstall the application and reinstall it with Administrator Privileges and configure the database properly.

Hope this helps.
Re: Primavera P6 Log On Problem (pix) by zugoboss(m): 2:09pm On Jan 14, 2013
Good day. what's gonna be the usename & password?
Re: Primavera P6 Log On Problem (pix) by deji2009(m): 2:27am On Jan 15, 2013
zugoboss: Good day. what's gonna be the usename & password?

Try your password if you have any. At this point I would suggest you
get intocuh with the software provider they can be more helpful

(1) (Reply)

USA Used Dell P65f, 4gb Gtx 1050 Nvidia, 7th Gen For Sale / Rapid Grab - Unlimited Rapidshare Downloads / Free! Free! Free ! Free.free Proxy Today.us,canada,uk E.t.c All Coumtry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.