Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,925 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data (15263 Views)

The wait is over: Welcome Windows 10! The World Most Awaited Operating System / Windows 10 Will Come With 'candy Crush Saga,' Whether You Like It Or Not / Difference In Using Verve Card And Mastercard For Quickteller Online Transaction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by donbrowser(m): 6:33am On Apr 06, 2015
Are you looking forward to Windows 10? Many people are thanks to the resounding disappointment Windows 8 seemed to be with the masses. The last Windows version I used was 7, and I have to say I thought it ran smoothly and I don’t remember any problems with it. Windows 10 is making some big changes, however, starting with the way you login to the computer in the first place. Forget passwords – Windows 10 will apparently let you login with a scan of your face. In other words, it will use biometric data to unlock your computer. Apart from a scan of your whole face, it will also reportedly allow you to login with a retinal scan as well as a read of your fingerprint(s). This feature will be known as Windows Hello.

Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data

Microsoft is doing this due to the ease with which passwords are hacked, and while no system is completely foolproof, this move certainly seems to be a step in the right direction.

Apart from the biometric data feature, Cortana will also be available as a digital assistant.

The release date of Windows 10 is still unknown, but hopefully it’ll be sometime this year. Are you excited for the new operating system?

Source: http://news.filehippo.com/2015/03/windows-10-will-log-using-biometric-data/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by Nobody: 6:42am On Apr 06, 2015
Waoh Gates is working
Lalasticlala Ishilove Obinoscopy
Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by Thomsyne(m): 7:47am On Apr 06, 2015
This guys are making real sense

2 Likes

Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by paranorman(m): 10:58am On Apr 06, 2015
With all this hype or so/funtionalities, i just hope it doesnt beat down my expectations. Been a Microsoft fanboy though.

These tech companies had better gear up, cause I am coming with my own universal OS; i call it - Tri OX OS!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by donbrowser(m): 8:00am On Apr 07, 2015
paranorman:
With all this hype or so/funtionalities, i just hope it doesnt beat down my expectations. Been a Microsoft fanboy though.

These tech companies had better gear up, cause I am coming with my own universal OS; i call it - Tri OX OS!

Really? That will be nice from a Nigerian

9 Likes

Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by donbrowser(m): 8:00am On Apr 07, 2015
Thomsyne:
This guys are making real sense
I tell you
Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by bigt2(m): 10:05am On Apr 07, 2015
This should be good. They should also allow updates from 8.1
Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by airsaylongcon: 10:05am On Apr 07, 2015

Modified
I am currently using the Technical Preview of Windows 10. Shame the license expires on April 15. I love the overall feel as well as the re-emergence of the start button. I was really at sea with Windows 8/8.1

My question though is where can I download Windows 10 for Raspberry Pi 2. I'm tossing an idea in my head for an IoT project

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by sarzwizard(m): 10:05am On Apr 07, 2015
Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by Homologous: 10:06am On Apr 07, 2015
oh wow great
Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by donbrowser(m): 10:06am On Apr 07, 2015
Frontpage again hmmm

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by emmyw(m): 10:06am On Apr 07, 2015
Nice one
Top 10 Business Students Can Do To Earn Money While In School
http://www.ngschoolz.com/jobsvacancy/top-10-business-students-can-do-to-earn-money-while-in-school/
Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by Dcaliphate(m): 10:07am On Apr 07, 2015
yes u r right, i'm into Estate business.

Meanwhile, this is why i like the man Bill Gates, always looking for something better. The room for improvement, they say, is the largest room.
Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by Nobody: 10:07am On Apr 07, 2015
Wow..... I wonda wot technology will look like in the next 10 - 15 years

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by madridguy(m): 10:07am On Apr 07, 2015
Wonderful
Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by Nobody: 10:07am On Apr 07, 2015
End time innovations.. The new world oder is being integrated small small.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by mypals: 10:07am On Apr 07, 2015
Hmmm......these guys are great. We will get there someday.

https://www.nairaland.com/2215960/warri-south-constituency-ii-chief#32438507
Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by cogbuagu: 10:07am On Apr 07, 2015
for newer systems now with such hardware. Not my Pentium 2
embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by nollyway(m): 10:07am On Apr 07, 2015
Nice!!
Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by teemanbastos(m): 10:07am On Apr 07, 2015
endtimes grin grin
Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by Nobody: 10:08am On Apr 07, 2015
Not looking forward to it

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by Nobody: 10:08am On Apr 07, 2015
Too late

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by Enny1010(m): 10:08am On Apr 07, 2015
Isokay....
Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by Sojebrand(m): 10:08am On Apr 07, 2015
paranorman:
paranorman:
nice one
Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by Goahead(m): 10:08am On Apr 07, 2015
paranorman:

How do you pronounce it

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by DahtzFestjayz: 10:09am On Apr 07, 2015
Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by tiamiyukunle69(m): 10:09am On Apr 07, 2015
What if I ask someone else to help me work on my PC while I'm away

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by braveheart1: 10:11am On Apr 07, 2015
Good outcome from microsoft.can't wait to see that!
Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by Nobody: 10:11am On Apr 07, 2015
Yay! That's a great innovation! But I can't leave mac osx for windows. Not happening. Mehn...I'm sure some security agencies will snoop on windows 10 users. People are slowly being caged, but they hardly realize it. They keep shouting "we're a democracy!, we're free", and I keep laughing at their _stupidity.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Step By Step Info On How To browse With Dstv Decoder And Cable Modem / Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? / Airtel Recharge Card Software.download & Test It Now Free! Season Greetings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.