Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,985 members, 7,825,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Christian! What The F? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian! What The F? (846 Views)

As A Christian, What Are Those Troubling Questions Affecting Your Faith?? / Christian, What Kind Of Fisherman Are You? / If Ur Dad Was A Muslim N Ur Mom A Christian what will be ur religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christian! What The F? by Image123(m): 12:37am On Feb 24, 2008
Friends,I noticed something.A pious Christian outside Nigeria may complete the thread topic in his/her mind as something like 'Christian! What the Father(God) expects of us.’ But here in Nigeria unfortunately, a large percentage of we Christians (pious or not) are likely to think of among other things of a sentence like ‘Christian! What the Bleep’
Bleep: is a taboo,an offensive word, a curse word,a swear word. Among many evil meanings,it  means to make someone angry, very unhappy and confused so that they cannot control their life.
In the Western world (north America and friends), people are very cautious with the word ‘mess’. Even their ‘corrupt’ media, censors the word in writing, in music, in lyrics, in interviews, in speeches etc. Their musicians and Hollywood stars are cautious of saying it in public. It is a hate word.you don’t say it to your friends. And you hardly find Christians with such words in their vocab.
  Back home in Nigeria,the case is different. Here, tight friends can tell one another ‘mess you’.Anything goes wrong (your car won't start,NEPA/PHCN takes light,you're late) and the magic F-word comes out.Our musicians and popular actors are trigger happy with such words(If a popular person in the West i.e abroad said that on air formally,it would be on every news tabloid the next day).
Then I noticed that even Christians say it.Pastors are not left out in saying it and 'it doesn't sound offensive'.If you live in Nigeria, its common to hear and say words like "NEPA mess up yesterday men,Come early don't mess up oo,You no come service man you mess up,I can't make it to the CHIOR practice because my car/gen is bleeped,Pastor bleeped up o he didn't come sha".blah bla blah.
Are you also caught in this web or know of  crysomeone who is?Why is such an F-word okay in naija?Is it because we have a 'different' culture OR maybe we've being listening to the wrong people and watching the wrong films OR are we not as vigilant,watchful and sober as the Lord wants us to be?
Please,I'll like to see your unbiased comments.I'll appreciate it even more if the comments are Biblical.What do YOU think?
Re: Christian! What The F? by Wordsmith(m): 7:35am On Feb 24, 2008
True talk doe. . .

Your post was very much on point. . .
Re: Christian! What The F? by Image123(m): 1:48am On Feb 25, 2008
Wordsmith:

True talk doe. . .

Your post was very much on point. . .

thanks,what do you think is the cause and can there be any repairs?
Re: Christian! What The F? by Image123(m): 6:03am On Feb 29, 2008
Hello friends,this thread is desperate for a reply lipsrsealed embarassed shocked cool cheesy wink grin grin
Re: Christian! What The F? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Feb 29, 2008
christianity is very tolerating and thats the reason most pple say things about it and still get away with it. u dare not say or use islam in a negative form and think all is well. u will be lynched. thats how i expect religion to be.
Re: Christian! What The F? by Image123(m): 5:08am On Apr 07, 2008
this thread is for saleee. shocked.Cost price,your opinion
Re: Christian! What The F? by Pygru: 12:24am On Jul 27, 2013
Funny thread
Re: Christian! What The F? by Vansnickers: 12:49am On Jul 27, 2013
OMO IBO: christianity is very tolerating and thats the reason most pple say things about it and still get away with it. u dare not say or use islam in a negative form and think all is well. u will be lynched. thats how i expect religion to be.

Bro, did you read what he put down?
Re: Christian! What The F? by Nobody: 5:08am On Jul 27, 2013
Have you ever lived outside Nigeria?

Westerners swear like drunken pirates too. Everybody swears.
Re: Christian! What The F? by Nobody: 7:04am On Jul 27, 2013
@Op, cuss words are used on alarming frequency across the globe, most especially in The States. I remember one incident where the Cops were interrogating some guy from my neighbourhood, and the sixty something year old granny caught wind of that, and started raining abuse on the cops. My oh my, it was something to see. I have never heard so many cuss words in a sentence before.

Compared to those, Nigerians don't swear enough.

(1) (Reply)

The Trial Of Pastor Enoch / Man Refuses To Drive "probably No God" Bus / What Is The Aim Of Religion Forum In Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.