Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? (16999 Views)

Why Is INTERNATIONAL DRIVING PERMIT Not Allowed In Nigeria. / Drivers Under-25 From Driving Taxis & Trucks / Why Do Driving Schools Use Volkswagen Beetle To Teach Driving? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by ManofGod3(m): 9:32am On Jan 05, 2013
Is it good & fair for a husband to teach his wife how to drive or she should go to a driving school?
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by omicron(m): 9:46am On Jan 05, 2013
Man-of-God:
Is it good & fair for a husband to teach his wife how to drive or she should go to a driving school?
Of course yes! How romantic!!
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by Ikenna351(m): 9:49am On Jan 05, 2013
Man-of-God:

I wont make that mistake, if i were you. For the sake of peace and other reasons, let her go to driving school.

Ikenna

8 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by uboma(m): 11:39am On Jan 05, 2013
most men do not have the patience to teach their wives how to drive. They always scream at every litle mistake the wife commits. But for the very few men who can patiently guide their wives on how to drive, i say kudos to u.

6 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by benaye: 2:24pm On Jan 05, 2013
yes
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 05, 2013
Errr, no. It's a fact a driving instructor should ideally have no emotional attachment to his / her pupil. It seldom works. Even qualified ADI's tend to leave their spouse's to be tutored by a colleague.
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by 6ft: 10:28pm On Jan 05, 2013
errr..errr..smh no pls, teachn ur babe/gf n ur wife r somewat diff (xperience)
different strokes for different folks though

#i'd love to teach her anyway...
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by diehard(m): 1:45pm On Jan 06, 2013
Taught my wife how to drive and I must admit, it was quite an experience. With some shouting and quarrelling, tears knocked in between. We finally did it. Will I try it again if giving another chance, not sure?

Now i trust her driving and we became even more close after the experience.
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by xerotop(m): 2:37pm On Jan 06, 2013
Won't even try dat if I have d chance again. My wife angrily abandon her car on the road and took a cab home while I was teaching and screaming @ her. Its way back 2009 anyway. I had 2 pally her and register her in a driving school. Now she's an expert, even correcting me on d road at a point.
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by judano: 8:43pm On Jan 06, 2013
A husband should be willing to teach the wife ALL things. Currently teaching my wife how to drive after unsuccessful attempts at driving school.

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by aadetoyin(f): 10:27pm On Jan 08, 2013
Its not dat bad sha, u'll definitely shout at each other but its worth the fun.
My hubby tot me to drive, the only problem is he expected me to know how to drive well after just one driving lesson. He just wanted to go overboard but sincerely I enjoyed myself cos I got to see a side of him dat is usually hidden. The impatient part, ℓ☺ℓ
Was funny how we tried to drive each other CRAZY.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by Nobody: 9:03am On Jan 09, 2013
judano: A husband should be willing to teach the wife ALL things. Currently teaching my wife how to drive after unsuccessful attempts at drivin school.

Why was she unsuccessful passing her test, through a driving school? That's what you need to look at - the reasons she failed.
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by ozodimgba(m): 5:11pm On Jan 09, 2013
Sure that is if he has the time.
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by YuzedoII: 5:14pm On Jan 09, 2013
No, only how to nyash! angry
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by etalker: 5:15pm On Jan 09, 2013
Nothing dem no go ask persin for Nairaland. Smh
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by Jarus(m): 5:18pm On Jan 09, 2013
I taught my wife. Not being a patient teacher (my younger sisters and brothers used to hate me teaching them lessons when we were growing up), I had some issues when teaching her and she almost fed up. But now, she drives to anywhere in Lagos (except on top of 3rd Mainland Bridge.

I see driving school as waste of money.
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by lonelydora: 5:18pm On Jan 09, 2013
I can't even try it, she too emotional. Am sure she will cry with little shouting at her. I Just registered her in a driving school dis morning.

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by omeieme: 5:19pm On Jan 09, 2013
Not really an easy task. Tried it once, the experience was not too funny. Resolved that the best option is for her to go to a driving school.
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 09, 2013
If you feel you have the knowledge required to teach your wife to drive and pass her test then by all means, go ahead.
I would recommend she takes instruction from a qualified driving instructor though, and just "practices" in her spare time with you supervising - she will probably learn more quickly this way. They will teach you the correct way, the absolute correct way of doing everything.
Even if your husband is a good driver, over the years he would have picked up bad or less than perfect driving techniques of his own (everyone drives differently) and he will unknowingly pass those things on to you and you will pick them up.
Also having someone shout at you and upset you is not good at any time and it is crazy to do this behind the wheel - you could have an accident or at the very least associate driving with stress and it could become a source of anxiety.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by kelsonpoint(m): 5:23pm On Jan 09, 2013
No I will teach my concubine. Wat are dey learning in dat driving such dat I cnt teach her
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 09, 2013
xerotop: Won't even try dat if I have d chance again. My wife angrily abandon her car on the road and took a cab home while I was teaching and screaming @ her. Its way back 2009 anyway. I had 2 pally her and register her in a driving school. Now she's an expert, even correcting me on d road at a point.

Hhahahahahahaha!!!!
Memories
Sounds like my husband and I
He was teaching me to drive and every outing was a huge disagreement until one day,I said enough,you can't be commanding me around and shouting and making me nervous like that
Nna cooluo nu down let me do this thing
One time he even reached over and grabbed the steering grin grin grin
I said Chineke mee shocked
Infact that day I quit being his student and he too resigned from being my teacher grin grin grin
That was so many years ago

So to answer the question from my personal experience,not a good idea lai lai

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by Redmosquito(m): 5:26pm On Jan 09, 2013
[b]lemme say me own
It was my mum that taught me how to drive! Chai! The experience was horrible!
See shouting and commanding and fearful screaming
When on the streets, she will be shouting
"See dat small child oooo!!! See Goat!! See chicken!! See turkey!! See frog!! See toad!! See this and that!! Press horn! Press HOrn!! I say press horn!!" I'm like WHy? THey aint blnd, they can see the close to 6 feet car coming! undecided
"Gazatte ur leg!! Gazette ur leg!!" I was like WTF is Gazette? undecided Naija women heh!
And there are times when she thinks I'm just plain stupid
"Haaa!! See GUtter oooo!! See pit oooo!!! Haaa! Turn ur hand! Turn ur HAND!"
These kind of screamings would drive me insane! I'm like STFU! I'm not blind! I can see the gutter undecided
Or she start shouting
"U are gong too fast!! Press brake!"
Then later she'll be like
"Are we gonna sleep on the road!"
Mwhn! To teach my wife (when I have one) to drive, e no go easy a swear, but it will sure do some good![/b]

28 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by Gabrielsylar(m): 5:29pm On Jan 09, 2013
Yes d easiest way is for him to drain d engine oil from the car and tell her to drive alone on lagos badagry express way.....wah a uselsss question
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by JaaizTech: 5:31pm On Jan 09, 2013
Hmmm, tough one; at the moment I am teaching my wife and I must admit it is not easy, I started teaching her with manual transmission, but we had to stop because it was damn too difficult for both of us, I was almost having an heart attack, then I bought an automatic and now I am teaching her again, well I still run on high blood pressure when I put her on the road, but I believe she would soon get it right.
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by charming4: 5:31pm On Jan 09, 2013
Dumb question!!!
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jan 09, 2013
uboma: most men do not have the patience to teach their wives how to drive. They always scream at every litle mistake the wife commits. But for the very few men who can patiently guide their wives on how to drive, i say kudos to u.

Tell me abourrit
When he was teaching me,I will be driving on the road o and he will think I want to jam any pedestrians on the sidewalk
Na so so Nneka mind the car on the left
Nneka are you looking at the side mirror
Nneka didn't you see that light was already turning red
Nneka you are driving too fast,slow down please,you don't need to show off
Blood of Jesus!!!!!, Nnekaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!, bia this girl,do you want to kill us?? shocked shocked
Oya enter that gas station and park,I say turn right and park immediately let me take over grin grin ,did you signal to the right?
I will be like nna leave me now,what is this?,you are making me nervous
Haba!

7 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by ghettodreamz(m): 5:35pm On Jan 09, 2013
4bobo: I am new here.please I heard that you can get wife here.please how can I get wife here?

Yaba Left's Patient <----------

2 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by AVWENAGHA: 5:35pm On Jan 09, 2013
4bobo: I am new here.please I heard that you can get wife here.please how can I get wife here?
yes,but u must ve* garri n sugar n start soaking*

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 09, 2013
I tried it once, no be persin tell me make i go pay for her in driving school. mehn! you need to see the veins on my forehead when i was directing her on what to do, you tell her one thing and she does another mehnn! i never knew women don't learn fast.
at a point she saw a lorry approaching i told her to calm down and mind her lane but guess what? she removed both her hands and foot and screamed jesusooo!! laugh wan kill the lorry driver and he stopped for us to pass.

7 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by SureBiz(m): 5:36pm On Jan 09, 2013
No, Teaching driving != Romantic
Re: Should A Husband Teach His Wife Driving? by Sheguama: 5:37pm On Jan 09, 2013
Ah... I no get hand inside that one o. I don see one coulple wen go teach demself quarrel so tay dem leave the car for middle of the road waka go house.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Nissan Murano Key Refuses To Turn / 5 Women Who Made A Mark In The History Of Cars / This Front Loader Garbage Truck Has An Exciting Way Of Carrying Waste Container

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.