Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,014 members, 7,953,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:26 AM

Have The North Really Contributed To The Image Of Nigeria Abroad? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Have The North Really Contributed To The Image Of Nigeria Abroad? (2090 Views)

Bode George Contributed To Our Defeat –PDP Boss / Who Contributed To Jonathan's Downfall / These Are The People Who Contributed N21.27bn For Jonathan’s Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have The North Really Contributed To The Image Of Nigeria Abroad? by joseph1832(m): 11:11am On Jan 05, 2013
Believe me when I tell you that most Northerners believe the little positive image Nigeria has abroad, they are the reason for it, Most especially the Muslims there.

So I ask, what has the North contributed to the image of Nigeria abroad? The south have people of international repute such as Osita Osadebe, Rex Lawson, King Sunny Ade, Onyeka Onwenu, Fela Anikulapo Kuti, Wole Soyinka, Chinua Achebe, Chimamanda Adichie, Ola Rotimi, Cyprain Ekwensi, Emeka Anyankwu, Hakeem Olajunwon, etc.

I would love to know what positive image the North has added to Nigeria (home and abroad). Your contributions will be highly valued!.
Re: Have The North Really Contributed To The Image Of Nigeria Abroad? by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 11:19am On Jan 05, 2013
And 90% of Nigerian in u.s and British prison are northerns,right?And don't forget d thousands of girls in Italy street 4 sale,10dollers hookers.Are they also northerners?Drug pushers,419 and yahoo all northerners.Man just go and sleep,next time try and open a post,that attually make sence.

1 Like

Re: Have The North Really Contributed To The Image Of Nigeria Abroad? by joseph1832(m): 12:24pm On Jan 05, 2013
Ibrahim mr fish: And 90% of Nigerian in u.s and British prison are northerns,right?And don't forget d thousands of girls in Italy street 4 sale,10dollers hookers.Are they also northerners?Drug pushers,419 and yahoo all northerners.Man just go and sleep,next time try and open a post,that attually make sence.
Your s'pose to comment about the positive contributions to the image of Nigeria abroad by northerners, if YOU can't find any meaningful contributions to make, keep quiet! Thank you.
Re: Have The North Really Contributed To The Image Of Nigeria Abroad? by achinaboy(m): 1:12pm On Jan 05, 2013
i wonder how northerners are suppose to contribute to Nigerian`s image abroad whereby each and every one of them is directly or indirectly connected to lootted and unlootted funds,,,,go figure,,, cool
Re: Have The North Really Contributed To The Image Of Nigeria Abroad? by Duru1(m): 1:48pm On Jan 05, 2013
@OP

Must the contribution limited to positive ones? What about famous underwear bomber?
Re: Have The North Really Contributed To The Image Of Nigeria Abroad? by joseph1832(m): 1:55pm On Jan 05, 2013
Duru1: @OP

Must the contribution limited to positive ones? What about famous underwear bomber?
please it must be limited to just positive ones... you don't want to be called a tribalist do you?
Re: Have The North Really Contributed To The Image Of Nigeria Abroad? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jan 05, 2013
north na paraiste n a big liability.
Re: Have The North Really Contributed To The Image Of Nigeria Abroad? by MegaMan2020: 2:00pm On Jan 05, 2013
Nigeria's image has taken a beating overseas way before Boko Haram arrived on the scene. Easterners that have been selling drugs and doing 419 in Asia and other parts of Africa are the ones that have truly painted Nigeria with a black brush.
Re: Have The North Really Contributed To The Image Of Nigeria Abroad? by joseph1832(m): 2:03pm On Jan 05, 2013
MegaMan2020: Nigeria's image has taken a beating overseas way before Boko Haram arrived on the scene. Easterners that have been selling drugs and doing 419 in Asia and other parts of Africa are the ones that have truly painted Nigeria with a black brush.
positive contributions of the north please...
Re: Have The North Really Contributed To The Image Of Nigeria Abroad? by Duru1(m): 2:04pm On Jan 05, 2013
Ibrahim mr fish: And 90% of Nigerian in u.s and British prison are northerns,right?And don't forget d thousands of girls in Italy street 4 sale,10dollers hookers.Are they also northerners?Drug pushers,419 and yahoo all northerners.Man just go and sleep,next time try and open a post,that attually make sence.

Alhaji fish,

I shall take 10dollers hookers, Drug pushers and 419ers any day instead of suicidal mass murderers that are promised idiotic and imaginary sex in hell.

2 Likes

Re: Have The North Really Contributed To The Image Of Nigeria Abroad? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jan 05, 2013
YES

THEY

HAVE

CONTRIBUTED

Nothing

'Cept religious intolerance,killings,bombings.......m..m....m...m......killings......killing.....

1 Like

Re: Have The North Really Contributed To The Image Of Nigeria Abroad? by MegaMan2020: 2:16pm On Jan 05, 2013
joseph1832:
positive contributions of the north please...

Nothing. But lets be honest. The Easterners have played a massive role of painting Nigeria Black overseas. Lets be honest now. Even in South Africa they have been running riot with their drug dealing antics.
Re: Have The North Really Contributed To The Image Of Nigeria Abroad? by Duru1(m): 2:32pm On Jan 05, 2013
joseph1832:
please it must be limited to just positive ones... you don't want to be called a tribalist do you?

I shall not mind about the name-calling. Great societies learn from the good, bad and ugly. In the other hand, jungles dwell in naiveté.
Re: Have The North Really Contributed To The Image Of Nigeria Abroad? by joseph1832(m): 2:36pm On Jan 05, 2013
MegaMan2020:

Nothing. But lets be honest. The Easterners have played a massive role of painting Nigeria Black overseas. Lets be honest now. Even in South Africa they have been running riot with their drug dealing antics.
hmmm
Re: Have The North Really Contributed To The Image Of Nigeria Abroad? by KnowAll(m): 2:43pm On Jan 05, 2013
If you go to the posh shops in London to shop in the west-end, one of the languages chosen to welcome august visitors to their shops is 'Hausa' if that is not a positive impact what can be further from the truth undecided. Despite the fact that less than 2 miles from the west-end, we have one of the Largest concentration of Yoruba's and other southern Nigerian's in Peckham their languages are far from considered. (Bare in mind I am a Yoruba, so no sentiments).
Re: Have The North Really Contributed To The Image Of Nigeria Abroad? by MajeOfficial: 2:48pm On Jan 05, 2013
white people are fascinated with the majesty of northern culture and the natural environment there. Believe it or not, if you exclude Lagos, the North probably gets more international visitors than the south, easily. All the whites that i speak to that have been to Nigeria went to the North or Lagos. Show a foreigner a picture of Durbar if you want them to respect Nigeria.

Re: Have The North Really Contributed To The Image Of Nigeria Abroad? by joseph1832(m): 2:52pm On Jan 05, 2013
KnowAll: If you go to the posh shops in London to shop in the west-end, one of the languages chosen to welcome august visitors to their shops is 'Hausa' if that is not a positive impact what can be further from the truth undecided. Despite the fact that less than 2 miles from the west-end, we have of the Largest concentration of Yoruba's and other southern Nigerian's in Peckham their languages are from considered. (Bare in mind I am a Yoruba, so no sentiments).
just that place?
Re: Have The North Really Contributed To The Image Of Nigeria Abroad? by Duru1(m): 3:02pm On Jan 05, 2013
KnowAll: If you go to the posh shops in London to shop in the west-end, one of the languages chosen to welcome august visitors to their shops is 'Hausa' if that is not a positive impact what can be further from the truth undecided. Despite the fact that less than 2 miles from the west-end, we have one of the Largest concentration of Yoruba's and other southern Nigerian's in Peckham their languages are far from considered. (Bare in mind I am a Yoruba, so no sentiments).

Besides that Hausa language is widely spoken in Africa, the choice of Hausa language as a medium to welcome visitors at posh London shops is not unconnected with whom the British handed over crude oil money especially in Nigeria.
Re: Have The North Really Contributed To The Image Of Nigeria Abroad? by MajeOfficial: 3:04pm On Jan 05, 2013
Plus there's a BBC Hausa and no BBC Yoruba or BBC Igbo.
And the north was basically handed Nigeria at independence by the british
If you study history books in the west about civilizations in africa you'll hear of Benin and Hausa City States.
Re: Have The North Really Contributed To The Image Of Nigeria Abroad? by KnowAll(m): 3:12pm On Jan 05, 2013
Besides that Hausa language is widely spoken in Africa, the choice of Hausa language as a medium to welcome visitors at posh London shops is not unconnected with whom the British handed over crude oil money especially in Nigeria.

Abegii, give credit where credit is due. The North has the most uneven society in the country, in that the gap between d rich and d poor is astronomical. Unlike what obtains in the south, this inbalance in the social strata makes it inenvitable that those Hausas that find themselves in London are the super rich with a lot of dollars and pounds to spend. Whilst in the South, 419's, agbero's and other kindred spirits can find their way through the back-doors, travelling to the western world is at the behest of the very rich in the North. Any wonder why the son of a billionaire banker from the North wanted to blow an airline.
Re: Have The North Really Contributed To The Image Of Nigeria Abroad? by MegaMan2020: 3:15pm On Jan 05, 2013
I would say the Yoruba culture is the most well known outside of Nigeria. Its not even debateable to be honest. the language the traditional attires, the music. The least well known is the Igbo culture because are Igbos tend to adopt other culture than their own.
Re: Have The North Really Contributed To The Image Of Nigeria Abroad? by Duru1(m): 3:29pm On Jan 05, 2013
KnowAll:

Abegii, give credit where credit is due. The North has the most uneven society in the country, in that the gap between d rich and d poor is astronomical. Unlike what obtains in the south, this inbalance in the social strata makes it inenvitable that those Hausas that find themselves in London are the super rich with a lot of dollars and pounds to spend. Whilst in the South, 419's, agbero's and other kindred spirits can find their way through the back-doors, travelling to the western world is at the behest of the very rich in the North. Any wonder why the son of a billionaire banker from the North wanted to blow an airline.

Your good friend, MuguOfficial, gave example with BBC news program which is relayed in Hausa language yet you seemed too busy fumbling around.
Re: Have The North Really Contributed To The Image Of Nigeria Abroad? by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 3:30pm On Jan 05, 2013
Jalili moh'd,d best car designer 4 ford motor is he a ibo or hausa?Dangote d richest black man on earth,is he a ibo man or hausa.U guy are just stupid children that never work a day in their stupid life.
Re: Have The North Really Contributed To The Image Of Nigeria Abroad? by Duru1(m): 3:37pm On Jan 05, 2013
Ibrahim mr fish: Jalili moh'd,d best car designer 4 ford motor is he a ibo or hausa?Dangote d richest black man on earth,is he a ibo man or hausa.U guy are just stupid children that never work a day in their stupid life.

Please stop hitting on the bottle. Which Ford Motor Company were you on about? Take away the years imbecilic northern soldiers were at helm of Nigerian affairs, Dangote is as good as groundnut seller.
Re: Have The North Really Contributed To The Image Of Nigeria Abroad? by Wily1Wily: 3:45pm On Jan 05, 2013
Ibrahim mr fish: Jalili moh'd,d best car designer 4 ford motor is he a ibo or hausa?Dangote d richest black man on earth,is he a ibo man or hausa.U guy are just stupid children that never work a day in their stupid life.
Tell us why 99.99% of Hausa/Fulanis don't clean their teeth.
Re: Have The North Really Contributed To The Image Of Nigeria Abroad? by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 3:50pm On Jan 05, 2013
Yes a good groundnut saller,that can buy ur whole family.And no one in ur ancestors and ur grandchildren will ever come close,to his level.U fucking iyamuri.Always full with hate.Reading ur comments,make me to see clearly.Why hausa people hate u guys.U guys are arrogant people.U guys,are d one's provocking d hausa people.I'm not an hausa,but i already want to kick d hell out of u cowards.
Re: Have The North Really Contributed To The Image Of Nigeria Abroad? by Duru1(m): 3:57pm On Jan 05, 2013
Ibrahim mr fish: Yes a good groundnut saller,that can buy ur whole family.And no one in ur ancestors and ur grandchildren will ever come close,to his level.U fucking iyamuri.Always full with hate.Reading ur comments,make me to see clearly.Why hausa people hate u guys.U guys are arrogant people.U guys,are d one's provocking d hausa people.I'm not an hausa,but i already want to kick d hell out of u cowards.

The above post is a detectable mark of inferiority. Dangote, without unmitigated source of Nigeria federal government contracts willed to him by Gowon through to Abacha, is as good as groundnut seller. I do not mix facts with fictions. As for the issue of cowards in Nigerian context, I guess Nigerians know the braves.
Re: Have The North Really Contributed To The Image Of Nigeria Abroad? by zoedicus: 4:14pm On Jan 05, 2013
^^^ do i take that to be the typical mindset of a northern man?
it is people like u that make other senseless people tend to tribalistic bigotry.
Re: Have The North Really Contributed To The Image Of Nigeria Abroad? by zoedicus: 4:16pm On Jan 05, 2013
Ibrahim mr fish: Yes a good groundnut saller,that can buy ur whole family.And no one in ur ancestors and ur grandchildren will ever come close,to his level.U fucking iyamuri.Always full with hate.Reading ur comments,make me to see clearly.Why hausa people hate u guys.U guys are arrogant people.U guys,are d one's provocking d hausa people.I'm not an hausa,but i already want to kick d hell out of u cowards.
^^^ do i take that to be the
typical mindset of a northern
man?
it is people like u that make
other senseless people tend to
tribalistic bigotry.
Re: Have The North Really Contributed To The Image Of Nigeria Abroad? by ikeyman00(m): 4:43pm On Jan 05, 2013
yes mage LIE

Nothing. But lets be honest. The Easterners have played a massive role of painting Nigeria Black overseas. Lets be honest now. Even in South Africa they have been running riot with their drug dealing antics

yes lets be honest indeed

the way the people in UK have come to know SA as a country of hiv; drug takes; killers and addict

wat next ?
Re: Have The North Really Contributed To The Image Of Nigeria Abroad? by MajeOfficial: 4:52pm On Jan 05, 2013
MegaMan2020: I would say the Yoruba culture is the most well known outside of Nigeria. Its not even debateable to be honest. the language the traditional attires, the music. The least well known is the Igbo culture because are Igbos tend to adopt other culture than their own.
the LEAST well known culture in Nigeria is IGBO?
Nollywood? Chinua Achebe? P Square? Okocha? Iweala? Zik of Africa? Osuofia? Genevive? Biafra? the amount of igbos in diaspora? Tiv is more well known than igbo?
I would say the face of Nigeria internationally is very Igbo. If a non nigerian is told to describe nigerians they will most likely describe an igbo man. As far as africa the most popular nigerian words are Biko and Chineke because of Nollywood's popularity. Outside of Nigeria the artists that are the most well known are.
Most read book about africa in the history of man is an igbo cultural epic. This is Nigeria's biggest cultural export. The work Okro/okra is even a part of the english language.

Most well known african tribes are

Zulu
Maasi
Ashante
Igbo
Yoruba
Sans (Bushmen)
Re: Have The North Really Contributed To The Image Of Nigeria Abroad? by joseph1832(m): 5:15pm On Jan 05, 2013
Mr man can't you make any meaningful contributions without resorting to the use of derogatory language? You mentioned Dangote, noted mention other names. I remember once there's a musician called Dan Maraya Jos who was widely recognized...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dr Chris 'Tunde' Ngige - Anambra 2014 (ACN) - Is It Possible? / Indebted Lagos State Goes For More Loans / The Richest Countries In The World In Metal Minerals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.