Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Is Church Attendance Compulsory? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Church Attendance Compulsory? (9364 Views)

How Biblical Is Church Wedding? / Why Is Church Politics Worse Than Nigerian Politics / Is Church Attendance Required To Call Yourself A Christian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Church Attendance Compulsory? by joseph1832(m): 7:42am On Jan 07, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: like really? God gave you the possibility to think and finish his works , are all the songs you sing at church in the bible? vices and virtues are they also in the 10 commandments? fam maybe Sunday is your lazy day but going to church is mandatory,but guess what failure to do so won't cause any backlash that's where you guys are lucky the christian community is enough peaceful and open minded to not condemn those who don't go to church.
Going to church is mandatory? Dude who told you so? Where in the bible did it say that? I want to believe that your not a fanatic? Cos your utterances is pointing to that direction! Like I give a rats ass what the christian community thinks or don't think. Tsk.
Re: Is Church Attendance Compulsory? by FrenchyL(m): 8:28am On Jan 07, 2013
joseph1832:
Righteous? Who's righteous in todays church? A place that has turned into the gathering of rogues, homosexuals, murderers, prostitute etc! Please the church today is far from righteous!
I think you need to understand what means to be righteous. It means having right standing with God not because you've earned it but simply because you've confessed the Lordship of Jesus Christ over your life. Righteousness is a gift from God. You don't work for it, all you have to do is accept it. Read Romans 5:17. The church of Jesus Christ was never for holier than thou people, it is for people who aren't perfect. So if a church is full of thieves,liars etc, it is really a church and if these category of people come there regularly, the Spirit of God through the agency of the word of God cleanses them. Nuff said. Make a great day and God bless you.
Re: Is Church Attendance Compulsory? by Jettage: 9:25am On Jan 07, 2013
Omoyele Sowore who has lived in USA for several Years practicing clandestine Journalism was obviously oblivious of the violent nature of some Security members drafted to churches to oversee the programs, He got a taste of Mountain of Fire and Ministry security Handling as they energetically prevented his Journalistic activities in the Just concluded routine of "Cross Over night" A night preceding the NEW YEAR which has been largely idolized in most religious circle and especially by Christians. The reports by Sahara reporters though one sided gave a clue of what transpired in this visit to the Dr. D k OLUKOYA Church in Lagos. several attempt were made by loyal church authority according to reports, to Cover-up the Thuggery and molestation on the Journalist and his crew member as they "sniffed" around for evidences in form of memory card but unknowing to the Committed MFM loyalist, the assaults and evidence were kept away from the scene by the Team. leaving us with a violent handling by supposed trained guards in a Church environment

http://akinbami..com/2013/01/saharatv-crew-gets-hassled-by-mountain.html
Re: Is Church Attendance Compulsory? by 46arcadez(m): 10:53am On Jan 07, 2013
Its beta if u go 2 church,bible class cos dats wia ur faith is built more, but not d church dat doesnt preach repentance
Re: Is Church Attendance Compulsory? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jan 08, 2013
joseph1832:
Going to church is mandatory? Dude who told you so? Where in the bible did it say that? I want to believe that your not a fanatic? Cos your utterances is pointing to that direction! Like I give a rats ass what the christian community thinks or don't think. Tsk.
sir everything is not written in the bible.
believe whatever you want i'm not here to convert you ,have a good day sir.
Re: Is Church Attendance Compulsory? by Ojaycom(m): 3:15pm On Jan 09, 2013
pinkrex: . The ten commandments is judaism. Offludaism is the religion Jesus came to preach.. Its hugely pillared on 'fulfilment of the law of Moses' and an exchange of the new law which is 'love'. That's what Jesus preaches! The conscience men possess is now 'the law'.

I don't agree with u totally,the 10 commandments are not the only laws God gave,when u search the Scriptures u discover that they're actually 613(the Torah) these are the do's&donts that God gave "His" people,u call it judaism(are u saying we should discard the old testament?) Remember our Lord Jesus Christ came to "Fufil" not "abolish/condemn/exchange",one thing peeps refuse to understand is that the Word of God CANNOT contradict itself(I'm willing to prove that to u as well,kindly state ur claim).read Matthew 22:40 he said on these(love) hang(basis/foundation) of the LAW&prophets,because GOD is LOVE.That's y He many@times reffered to d Scriptures for His teachings,if those laws didn't count anymore He'd simply say so or not even use them as references.

Someone also asked where its written that to attend Church is compulsory,actually it ia a COMMANDMENT,read leviticus 23:3 n confirm the meaning of Holy Convocation.

Again for those who feel old testament laws/references aren't meant for"modern day Christians" pls kindly explain d meaning of "everlasting Convenant",Throughout your dwellings/for all your generations",these phrases are used wella 4rm exodus-deut. I'd also refer u to 2Tim 3:16 it begins with "all" Scripture not some.

#pardon my typos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sky News Reports SCOAN ( TB Joshua ) Faith Healing And HIV Sham in the UK / Behold, I Am The Lord Of All Flesh: Is The Anything Too Hard For Me. / How To Prevent Falling Asleep In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.