Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

Natural Delivery Or Cs? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Natural Delivery Or Cs? (5503 Views)

After The Third CS, My Husband Wants To Castrate Himself. / Women Who Gave Birth Via CS (Caesarean Section) Are Now Being Shamed? / After A CS How Long Before Another Baby? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Natural Delivery Or Cs? by RDynamite(f): 3:38pm On Feb 24, 2008
Hi guys tongue

Which do you prefer? A natural delivery or a Caesarean section?
Re: Natural Delivery Or Cs? by mukina2: 3:42pm On Feb 24, 2008
Natural smiley
My mama gave birth to me the natural way i also want to do the same to my kids
Re: Natural Delivery Or Cs? by almondjoy(f): 5:02pm On Feb 24, 2008
Natural of course! Who will plan to go under the knife for crying out loud? shocked

Only oyinbo people will ask for CS because they do not want the stress and have all the time to stay at home to recuperate since most of them do not need to work. cheesy

But we are in different times.  To many factors why CS are becoming more popular.

Natural all the way----Go home in two days, less bleeding/complications, less medications, shorter recovery time lots of benefits. Can resume sexual activities much quicker before that man goes crazy! grin   They do not care for "injury time" arrrrrrrralll! grin   

Except when water pass garri oooooooooooooooooooooh. . . . . . . . . . . . cry

Or in case of Failure to descend--as a result of huge diabetic/macrosomic babies causing CPD--cephalopelvic disproportion. They get stuck and they have to be dug out before they start having seizures in there. Poor women--having to be cut both ways. After going through the labor mess and even an episiotomy. Only to be cut across the abdomen to dig out the baby or babies.

Had a cousin that had one twin vaginally and the other got stuck--CS of course! Ouch! cry

Or in case of infection---- for example, people who have STDs like Herpes and they are "flaring".

Or in case of multiple gestation--twins, triplets and quads.

Or in case of malpresentation--breech or transverse lying positions.

Advanced maternal age--35years and above.

Or Maternal PIH---pregnancy induced hypetension.

Or Maternal history of Fibroids with multiple myomectomies(surgical removal of fibroids) Due to scarring and altered intergerity of the uterine lining--most of these women are prone to excessive bleeding and will need to be transfused several times to get them to hemodynamically stable parameters.  Very risky

Or the baby is in any kind of distress--Late decelearations, with apneic and bradycardic episodes(baby not breathing or hate rate is below 60 breaths per minute)

Or any conditions other than listed abve that jeaopardizes the health of the mother or fetus! kiss

Sometimes, it is not of your choice--the mother/baby conditions prevailing with each pregnancy will determine if a woman can have a natural delivery.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm!  Thank God done with all that!
Re: Natural Delivery Or Cs? by TOYOSI20(f): 5:59pm On Feb 24, 2008
I pray for Natural delivery. wink
Re: Natural Delivery Or Cs? by RDynamite(f): 8:59pm On Feb 24, 2008
I would love to have a natural delivery but umm. .we'll see sha grin Not prepared for long hours of labour anyway tongue. Two friends of mine had such long hours.Mehn! Wasn't funny. One had 14 hours labour and the other 17 hours, and I'm not exaggerating shocked

Joy, that was indeed a long one but thanks tho' wink
Re: Natural Delivery Or Cs? by LadyT(f): 9:04pm On Feb 24, 2008
Just do it the way nature intended unless there is a problem. I would never advise a C section yes labour may take hours but at least you dont end up with a scar and find it hard to walk properly for a week because your stomach was ripped open and have to pass urine thru a tube into a bag, etc
Re: Natural Delivery Or Cs? by tRoOE(f): 9:07pm On Feb 24, 2008
We were watching this video in one of my science classes and they were showing us woman giving birth at home inside bath tube, I saw the pain she was going through, it was so scary i walked out of the lecture
Re: Natural Delivery Or Cs? by Islander(f): 9:13pm On Feb 24, 2008
Sorry people but My c-section has been scheduled months in advance. Natural childbirth destroys the vagina, all that tearing is not healthy,
Re: Natural Delivery Or Cs? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Feb 24, 2008
I don't know ooo undecided. Still weighing my options!!!!!!!
Re: Natural Delivery Or Cs? by 4Him(m): 9:37pm On Feb 24, 2008
If the wife is small in terms of waist size then a CS.
If labor is prolonged more than necessary then a CS.

All other things being equal i'd like a normal birth.
Prolonged labor can sometimes be dangerous to the mother and baby. Staying too long in the birth canal starves the baby of oxygen and can either lead to blue babies born with long lasting mental defects.
Re: Natural Delivery Or Cs? by tollu: 9:42pm On Feb 24, 2008
Islander:

Sorry people but My c-section has been scheduled months in advance. Natural childbirth destroys the vagina, all that tearing is not healthy,

Are you pregnant?!!!

4Him:

Staying too long in the birth canal starves the baby of oxygen and can either lead to blue babies born with long lasting mental defects.

Yeah, like bad old EPILEPSY.
Re: Natural Delivery Or Cs? by ifyalways(f): 10:45pm On Feb 24, 2008
mukina2:

Natural smiley
My mama gave birth to me the natural way i also want to do the same to my kids
kiss NATURAL ALL THE WAY !
Re: Natural Delivery Or Cs? by almondjoy(f): 11:00pm On Feb 24, 2008
Islander:

Hmmmmmmmmmm! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin Yes darling.  Especially if you are having them twins! wink

Keep your vagina pretty baby!  Don't messirrrrup! kiss

BTW--they are all ugly--Never seen a pretty one! grin
Re: Natural Delivery Or Cs? by Chacal: 11:05pm On Feb 24, 2008
Islander:

Natural delivery destroys the vagina?
So tell me . . . . how do women conceive the 2nd, 3rd and sometimes the 10th child if the vagina gets destroyed after the first child?
Ma gorgeous pitbull, i suggest u go for natural delivery UNLESS u can come up with a better excuse. tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Natural Delivery Or Cs? by Islander(f): 11:07pm On Feb 24, 2008
almondjoy:

Hmmmmmmmmmm! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin Yes darling.  Especially if you are having them twins! wink

Keep your vagina pretty baby!  Don't messirrrrup! kiss

[sub]BTW--[b]they are all ugly![/[/b]sub]

Yes baby, wink wink. I know.  All the women in my family ( except Mama, God bless this strong woman's soul, ) have all delivered via this method and I intend to keep the tradition alive cheesy grin,

And with 2 rugrats eating away at anything they can get hold grin grin grin.I want them out via the quickest way possible cheesy cheesy grin,

Erhmmmmmmm Almond dear, your god-children are doing just fine.  They are healthy as ever, I am begining to believe the boy will become a sports star. Damn this boy can kick cheesy
Re: Natural Delivery Or Cs? by Islander(f): 11:09pm On Feb 24, 2008
Chacal:

Natural delivery destroys the vagina?
So tell me . . . . how do women conceive for the 2nd, 3rd and sometimes the 10th child if the vagina is destroyed?
Ma gorgeous pitbull, i suggest u go for natural delivery UNLESS u can come up with a better excuse. tongue tongue tongue tongue

See this daddy naa, tongue tongue tongue, Simple, Vaginas back then were stronger grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin grin( that's an inside joke Most "holy" Nlders)

Don't you dare worry, the papers have already been sent in, it's c-section all the way tongue kiss kiss
Re: Natural Delivery Or Cs? by Chacal: 11:14pm On Feb 24, 2008
Islander:

See this daddy naa, tongue tongue tongue, Simple, Vaginas back then were stronger grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin grin( that's an inside joke Most "holy" Nlders)

Don't you dare worry, the papers have already been sent in, it's c-section all the way tongue kiss kiss

Lemme say 7 Hail Marys before i comment on this . . . . .

Are u trying to say Vaginas are stronger in the 70s and 80s than now?
Thank God for your life . . . . I learn from ya everyday.

In other words, what we have now is paper-thin and what they had then was made of bronze. grin grin grin
Interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Natural Delivery Or Cs? by RDynamite(f): 12:02am On Feb 25, 2008
Rofl. . . grin

Wow! so cute to have twins cheesy
Re: Natural Delivery Or Cs? by Islander(f): 12:21am On Feb 25, 2008
Chacal:

Lemme say 7 Hail Marys before i comment on this . . . . .

Are u trying to say Vaginas are stronger in the 70s and 80s than now?
Thank God for your life . . . . I learn from ya everyday.

In other words, what we have now is paper-thin and what they had then was made of bronze. grin grin grin
Interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am pleading the 5th, amendment that is tongue tongue grin

R-Dynamite:

Rofl. . . grin

Wow! so cute to have twins cheesy

Yea?.hmmmmmmmmmmm, I guess all is well until the cost of diapers and formulars begin to settle in cheesy grin grin, ( Chacal get your gun ready, we are robbing Barclays) grin grin
Re: Natural Delivery Or Cs? by Chacal: 12:30am On Feb 25, 2008
Islander:

I am pleaing the 5th, amendment that is tongue tongue grin

C'mon . . . .You cannot plead the 5th amendment here.
Please support your theory with hard evidence. grin grin grin grin

Islander:

Yea?.hmmmmmmmmmmm, I guess all is well until the cost of diapers and formulars begin to settle in cheesy grin grin, ( Chacal get your gun ready, we are robbing Barclays) grin grin

Robbing Barclays?
Anutha Bonnie n Clyde? wink wink
Re: Natural Delivery Or Cs? by Islander(f): 12:35am On Feb 25, 2008
Chacal, stop asking so many questions joh, just do as I command na tongue tongue grin grin cheesy,

R-dynamite, if you promise to help with diaper expenses I may consider you a god-parent grin
Re: Natural Delivery Or Cs? by Chacal: 12:46am On Feb 25, 2008
Islander:

Chacal, stop asking so many questions joh, just do as I command na tongue tongue grin grin cheesy,

No problemo.

Just get me a balaclava or what u guys call a ski mask, body armour and loaded clips. grin grin grin
Re: Natural Delivery Or Cs? by RDynamite(f): 3:17pm On Feb 26, 2008
Islander:

R-dynamite, if you promise to help with diaper expenses I may consider you a god-parent grin

I wish you all the best wink grin
Re: Natural Delivery Or Cs? by amsky(m): 6:18pm On Feb 26, 2008
You have all spoken sooooo well. Please,give me my CS anyday man. I've gone through both and i tell you, CS is my thing.

My 1st was a CS-Foetal bradicadia. The 2nd and last was a natural birth and till this moment i still remember the trauma. I was in labour for 2 good days. Wednesday 9am to friday 1pm. WETIN??

It was hell for me. My husband had to start crying and begging the nurses to take me to the OR. The gaeny thought my pelvis was a bit small,but was like ''well you can deliver naturally'' . The tear nko? They no dey talk am finish abeg. I was stitched and a few days later,the stitches decomposed without the epis healing. I had to do a return match. The whole trauma all over again. When the baby finally came out,they nurses asked me to carry her and breast feed. breastfeed what? I could not walk for 3 good days,i was moving about in a wheel chair. When i had the urge to urinate,i got so frightened. I did not let my husband touch me for 9wks. I used to runaway from the room when he was undressing. It was that bad.
That is my last baby,but if by MISTAKE water enter coconut,  CS straight away.

I had a CS with my 1st baby,and it only ached when i tried to walk straight. Everyone has a preference,but me CS is the answer;in this world and the next. sad
Re: Natural Delivery Or Cs? by banni: 6:51pm On Feb 26, 2008
CS is not suppose to be an option in delivery unless there is a need for it.
It amazes me people now consider it as an option when they can have a vaginal delivery
Re: Natural Delivery Or Cs? by RDynamite(f): 7:41pm On Feb 26, 2008
Mehn! Amsky, that musta been hell for real! What?? Ndo sad

This natural delivery yarns doesn't digest well with me. CS seems to be a better option grin
Re: Natural Delivery Or Cs? by amsky(m): 7:51pm On Feb 26, 2008
R-dynamite
It was alot of hell for me i tell you. I will not do it again,honestly. The left part of my pelvis is still affected till this day. I cannot open my legs as wide as i used to. The thing that makes me happy is the fact that i have my cute little sweetheart to show for it. THAT DOES NOT MEAN I WILL HAVE A VAGINAL DELIVERY!!!!!!
Re: Natural Delivery Or Cs? by RDynamite(f): 7:58pm On Feb 26, 2008
amsky:

The left part of my pelvis is still affected till this day. I cannot open my legs as wide as i used to.

Habaaa!!! Pls, where did you have this delivery? shocked angry
Re: Natural Delivery Or Cs? by geegee(f): 10:50pm On Feb 26, 2008
i dont have a choice i have to CS cos im HIV plus and secondly i will not want to go through
long hours of labour.

1 Like

Re: Natural Delivery Or Cs? by RDynamite(f): 10:57pm On Feb 26, 2008
geegee:

i don't have a choice i have to CS because im HIV

Re: Natural Delivery Or Cs? by uspry1(f): 12:47am On Feb 27, 2008
I was small frame (petite) with 100 pound weight, natural delivery all the way both kids.

First kid - 23 hours my gyn doctor waited, waited, waited, waited for my damn water broke even though my contraction was very strong. I was asked for pain shot on my back prior to the delivery started. Then she go ahead poking and BROKE WATER to deliver my first child. Baby girl, my exhubby (at that time we were married 20 yr ago) was there in the delivery room to honor cutting her cord. My Gyn doctor sewn my torn vaginal.

Second kid - water broke, 1 hour trip to ER by my mom drove her car, delivered 15 minutes baby head already came out while waited for gyn doctor all the way traffic jam to ER. Nope, my exhubby was not there, missed everything! Because he was in hospital admission room to fill out paperwork afterhis night shift on the job he left.  He does not know anything about my personal information despite he know me very well 5 years. My mother was there to help my exhubby filling out. (read detail below)

Yes, it was hell painful for whole 15 minutes waiting for my gyn doctor arrived to the ER from her home. I already in the deliver room to change clothes into hospital gown. I saw my pregnant elastic jean lot of blood spilled both pair. Two nurses were very PANICKED not know what to do because of my deafness at the same time see baby head already come out.

My gyn doctor scrubbed her hands in the delivery room yelled two nurses TO CALM DOWN bec she knew me very well as deaf patient giving nurses instruction sayng "PUSH, PUSH, PUSH". Very tiny, tiny, i mean micro-tear up vaginal--- No need to sewn up! She (gyn doctor) cut the cord up.

Yes, 2nd child is baby boy! (both kids are 5 years apart).

Finally my gyn doctor walked out left delivery room bumped into my exhubby saying,"Congratulation baby boy". He was confused saying,"not yet, i suppose to get hospital gown to get ready for delivery". My gyn doctor said," too late and no need dress up gown bec your baby son already born done---FINISHED".

My mother and exhubby entered the delivery room with astonished seeing me holding wrapped warm blanket baby son as soon as it ready to move into regular room. My exhubby asked me why don't I wait hold for him to deliver baby. i told him HELL NO I WAS IN PAINFUL even baby head already come out and NO WAY TO WAIT FOR HIM!

That is why my son nickname, SPEEDY. bec he born 15 minutes.  grin  grin
Re: Natural Delivery Or Cs? by spoilt(f): 2:14am On Feb 27, 2008
you guys dont want to see what some women look like down there after childbirth. Doctors who dont even know how to tack on bottons on their shirts or sew small tears on clothes are stiching deep vaginal lacerations! shocked

i wanted a c-section. better my midsection than my core abeg!
mr spoilt told me i could do whatever i wanted but i could tell he wanted me to go the natural route! Seems like all my friends got lacerations so horrible and had to be patched! cry They all had sob stories and some still cant have sex without discomfort. most will still opt for another natural birth just because of the stigma associated with a c-section. i like easy way outs. never makes anyone less of a woman. i ended up having a natural delivery. i got an epidural (Call police! angry ) before that i was sobbing like a baby and begging for relief. I honestly thought i was going to die. i was speaking gibberish and hallucinating. grin.but lucky me, i had no tears so got no stitches. HALLELUYAH!!!! but baby 2 is not anytime around now oh!

My aunty has a horribly pronounced limp. as a child i thought she must have had polio. little did i know it was prolonged labor that disfigured her for life. women who have natural births are sometimes seen to have had remarkable recoveries within days!! at least thats what it looks like on the outside. not many know what they are carrying about between their thighs! Many husbands are not getting any!!!!!!!!!

At the end of the day, to each his own.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

All Girls And Husband's Anger. / Afroman (from The "Cos I Got High" Tune) Knocks Girl Unconscious On Stage(video) / Selina Tested Episode 23 (the Dead Of SIBI)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.