Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,960 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

After A CS How Long Before Another Baby? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / After A CS How Long Before Another Baby? (3677 Views)

Women Who Gave Birth Via CS (Caesarean Section) Are Now Being Shamed? / World's Oldest Dad Has Another Baby At 96 / Another Baby Girl (After Two Daughters!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After A CS How Long Before Another Baby? by kweenbee(f): 11:30am On Nov 08, 2013
I had my baby through a ceasecerean section early last year,my baby is almost two years now how long more do I have to wait to have another baby and what are the possibilities of having a normal delivery?
Re: After A CS How Long Before Another Baby? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 08, 2013
18 to 24 months after your cesearian birth, I. e wait 9 to 15 months before getting pregnant again. It is possible to have a natural birth but several things come into play s/a circumstances of your last CS, circumstances of your next pregnancy, even the doctor you use. But note that if you've had a CS, you will not be induced, but will have to go into labor naturally, amongst other things. Maybe you should see a gynae to get more info.

1 Like

Re: After A CS How Long Before Another Baby? by kweenbee(f): 2:03pm On Nov 08, 2013
[quote author=Bludeville]18 to 24 months after your cesearian birth, I. e wait 9 to 15 months before getting pregnant again. It is possible to have a natural birth but several things come into play s/a circumstances of your last CS, circumstances of your next pregnancy, even the doctor you use. But note that if you've had a CS, you will not be induced, but will have to go into labor naturally, amongst other things. Maybe you should see a gynae to get more info. [/quotethanks]
Re: After A CS How Long Before Another Baby? by kweenbee(f): 2:06pm On Nov 08, 2013
Bludeville: 18 to 24 months after your cesearian birth, I. e wait 9 to 15 months before getting pregnant again. It is possible to have a natural birth but several things come into play s/a circumstances of your last CS, circumstances of your next pregnancy, even the doctor you use. But note that if you've had a CS, you will not be induced, but will have to go into labor naturally, amongst other things. Maybe you should see a gynae to get more info.
Thank you for the explanation
Re: After A CS How Long Before Another Baby? by LerrieJohn(f): 4:23pm On Nov 10, 2013
The usual advice is that you should wait a year after one caesarean section before becoming pregnant again. The longer your scar has to heal, the better, especially if you want a vaginal birth next time. At the very least, you should give your body a rest of six months before trying to conceive again.

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/x543066/how-soon-after-a-caesarean-can-i-get-pregnant#ixzz2kFyCRRTW

1 Like

Re: After A CS How Long Before Another Baby? by Nobody: 12:52am On Jul 29, 2014
Ndi NNE mama.

I prophesy that before this year ends, I will be checking this kind of thread for wifey's sake. Amen

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Singles Advice / Please I Need Help. / Advice Needed. No Insults Pls!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.