Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,865 members, 7,817,562 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

After The Third CS, My Husband Wants To Castrate Himself. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / After The Third CS, My Husband Wants To Castrate Himself. (8866 Views)

"My Husband Wants To Kill Me With Forceful Sex & Beating" - Wife Tells Court / My Husband Wants To Use Me For Money Rituals / My Husband Wants Divorce After Taking My Late Husband’s Possessions – Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

After The Third CS, My Husband Wants To Castrate Himself. by jhydebaba(m): 4:15pm On Dec 28, 2015
A close family friend shared this with me and needs advice on what to do.

I have been happily married to my husband for 9 years. To be sincere, he has been a very caring husband though emotional. The emotional aspect is what is about to tear our union apart.

I gave birth to our first child through CS. Infact, my husband almost killed himself with worry because he cant stand the pains I went through and every other thing associated with it.

We prayed that it never happen again, then, I became pregnant again. We prayed fervently that I would deliver safely myself without operation but it was not as planned. I had the second CS. It was hectic, my husband's emotional state did not help matters too. He cant even stay at the hospital with me. He sent two of his friends over. It was later I heard that he used overdose of a particular sleeping tablet and urged his friends to wake him up after I delivered. To God be the glory, I delivered a bouncing baby.

After the naming ceremony, he sat me down that he is not interested in having babies again because he is always traumatised any time he hears about CS. So we agreed to do family planning, we did it and all was well. After few years, I discovered I was pregnant again.

My husband begged me to abort it but I insisted I am not going to abort my baby. He lied to me when I was 8 months gone that he was going on a business trip. He was not around all through my third ordeal but God has been so faithful to me. He came back after delivery and celebrated it. It was splendid.

About two months later, my husband sat me down and dropped the bombshell. He said he cannot afford to leave me or the children again. He said he is not ready to take chances again. So therefore, he has prepared his mind to castrate himself since family planning as failed him.

I couldn't believe my ears

Matured advice please.
Re: After The Third CS, My Husband Wants To Castrate Himself. by doublewisdom: 4:18pm On Dec 28, 2015
The juju hold the man well.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: After The Third CS, My Husband Wants To Castrate Himself. by emorse(m): 4:20pm On Dec 28, 2015
Why did the family planning fail? What can be done to correct it? Those are the questions you should be asking. If you castrate yourself, you'll just die when she gets pregnant with her fourth child - by another man of course.
Re: After The Third CS, My Husband Wants To Castrate Himself. by xreal: 4:22pm On Dec 28, 2015
was the third deliver through CS also?

Castrate ?
when him no be goat or dog.

there are better and temporary measures to take abeg.

*modified*

1 Like

Re: After The Third CS, My Husband Wants To Castrate Himself. by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 28, 2015
it is left to the woman to understand the man. there should be a long time family planning and the woman should not let mistake lead to another pregnancy. the man should not castrate himself. all he needs is self control
Re: After The Third CS, My Husband Wants To Castrate Himself. by chronos: 4:25pm On Dec 28, 2015
This is a very dicey situation...but my advise is that he thinks this over to avoid making a gargantuan leap into untested waters.

By castration, he's talking about vasectomy though

Cc lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: After The Third CS, My Husband Wants To Castrate Himself. by wilybebsy(m): 4:27pm On Dec 28, 2015
Mtcheeeeew madness

1 Like

Re: After The Third CS, My Husband Wants To Castrate Himself. by Ayoemrys(m): 4:29pm On Dec 28, 2015
crazy man was that the best option,afterall he can put on 3 condom at dsame time,and you the wife can put yours whenever you want to have sex,or can go over to the phamacy n order for drug that wu reduse his sperm strenght,
Re: After The Third CS, My Husband Wants To Castrate Himself. by Cutehector(m): 4:29pm On Dec 28, 2015
Maybe he is afraid u will die during childbirth and he doesnt wana lose u... Wow three childbirths through CS a d you are alive and hearty, a miracle tho...

1 Like

Re: After The Third CS, My Husband Wants To Castrate Himself. by Chidoks(f): 4:29pm On Dec 28, 2015
I don't understand his pain. Is he allowed into the theater during the operation OR does his pocket feel pain while they are cutting you up?
Re: After The Third CS, My Husband Wants To Castrate Himself. by dominique(f): 4:34pm On Dec 28, 2015
He should go for a vasectomy instead of castrating himself.

6 Likes

Re: After The Third CS, My Husband Wants To Castrate Himself. by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 28, 2015
emorse:
Why did the family planning fail? What can be done to correct it? Those are the questions you should be asking. If you castrate yourself, you'll just die when she gets pregnant with her fourth child - by another man of course.

Exactly. There are plenty of other very safe family planning methods. Google is their friend.

Also tell the husband that a CS is a routine procedure that is considered relatively safe nowadays and nothing to hyperventilate over.
Re: After The Third CS, My Husband Wants To Castrate Himself. by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 28, 2015
What happened to Vasectomy? shocked
Re: After The Third CS, My Husband Wants To Castrate Himself. by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 28, 2015
Cutehector:
Maybe he is afraid u will die during childbirth and he doesnt wana lose u... Wow three childbirths through CS a d you are alive and hearty, a miracle tho...

What is the wow factor there? How many people did you hear that CS killed?
Mortality during childbirth would arise, CS or nah_ it's just grace.

@OP, your husband is just being a drama king, he wouldn't castrate himself, he isn't a dog. No doctor would even do that as a birth control measure. There are various male birth control measures, he should try vasectomy. There is a reversible one, though I don't even see why he should wanna reverse it, 3kids is enough in this economic dispensation.

6 Likes

Re: After The Third CS, My Husband Wants To Castrate Himself. by Cutehector(m): 4:50pm On Dec 28, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

What is the wow factor there? How many people did you hear that CS killed or made unhealthy?
Mortality during childbirth would arise, CS or nah_ it's just grace.

@OP, your husband is just being a drama king, he wouldn't castrate himself, he isn't a dog. No doctor would even do that as a birth control measure. There are various male birth control measures, he should try vasectomy. There is an irreversible one, though I don't even see why he should wanna reverse it, 3kids is enough in this economic dispensation.
karchisbarbie, i said maybe he is afraid dat somth bad will happen to his wife... The man may not be knowledgeable abt ceasarean section... Pls try to understand smth befor commenting.. The doctor should have enlightened the man dat cs is actually very safe and he shouldnt get all worried abt it..
Re: After The Third CS, My Husband Wants To Castrate Himself. by craleonic: 4:52pm On Dec 28, 2015
The whole thing makes no sense. Someone is lying here.

1 Like

Re: After The Third CS, My Husband Wants To Castrate Himself. by byvan03: 4:53pm On Dec 28, 2015
Which one is castrate again? He should go for a vasectomy.

1 Like

Re: After The Third CS, My Husband Wants To Castrate Himself. by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 28, 2015
Cutehector:
karchisbarbie, i said maybe he is afraid dat somth bad will happen to his wife... The man may not be knowledgeable abt ceasarean section... Pls try to understand smth befor commenting.. The doctor should have enlightened the man dat cs is actually very safe and he shouldnt get all worried abt it..

You said he is afraid something would happen to the wife, then went on to wow that she is alive and hearty, even called it a "miracle", pregnancy and childbirth itself is a miracle. I asked and I am still asking "how many people do you know that CS killed?

You need the understanding more dear. CS isn't a death sentence, so stop wowing... maybe you should have typed this comment of yours first. I can imagine the husband coming to you for advice, then you shout "wow, and she is still alive and hearty?" wtf'

6 Likes

Re: After The Third CS, My Husband Wants To Castrate Himself. by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 28, 2015
Madam should tie her tubes and oga should do a vasectomy . .that way they are doubly sure that there wont be any accidental pregnancy.

3 Likes

Re: After The Third CS, My Husband Wants To Castrate Himself. by bennyrazz: 5:03pm On Dec 28, 2015
laughing @ the word castrate grin grin is your friend a dog? vasectomy should have been the right word. Also laughing at him absconding from the hospital when his wife wants to put to bed. I mean what kind of a man runs away like that cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: After The Third CS, My Husband Wants To Castrate Himself. by eyinjuege: 5:06pm On Dec 28, 2015
I guess by castration he meant vasectomy right?

Vasectomy is actually a short safe procedure, and highly effective too.

I support the motion, provided you guys are done with having children.

7 Likes

Re: After The Third CS, My Husband Wants To Castrate Himself. by olayinkajnr(m): 5:08pm On Dec 28, 2015
emorse:
If you castrate yourself, you'll just die when she gets pregnant with her fourth child - by another man of course .

Lmao... The bolded got me laughing
Re: After The Third CS, My Husband Wants To Castrate Himself. by farous(m): 8:34am On Dec 29, 2015
Why castrating...,when his di:ck is affected in d process and can't even stand erect again,u will come here complaining and looking for outside to get satisfaction.Believe me or not but I want to tell u that in my marriage of years now,we have never use condom,yet we make love when we want,we have kids n none of d pregnacies was by chance.We have never use contraceptives.All I do is WITHDRAWAL METHOD and are now used to it.I am d driver and knows when to pull out n pour out no matter how d pleassure.It has been working for us without any single mistake recorded.
Re: After The Third CS, My Husband Wants To Castrate Himself. by ifyalways(f): 8:53am On Dec 29, 2015
Vasectomy I know but which one be castration

2 Likes

Re: After The Third CS, My Husband Wants To Castrate Himself. by cococandy(f): 9:19am On Dec 29, 2015
byvan03:
Which one is castrate again? He should go for a vasectomy.
That's what I was about to ask too. Castrate ke

I guess the man probably means vasectomy but she's seeing it as castration.

2 Likes

Re: After The Third CS, My Husband Wants To Castrate Himself. by SAMBARRY: 9:37am On Dec 29, 2015
Liesssss grin grin

Which man will decide to do vasectomy when that part of their body IS the most important part and they don't joke with it grin

So because of cs he wants to do vasectomy. Please he should not do vasectomy let him kuku remove everything this waygrin
Re: After The Third CS, My Husband Wants To Castrate Himself. by damiso(f): 10:21am On Dec 29, 2015
I guess he actually meant vasectomy. Castration harsh naa cheesy

Its actually a safe birth control method but like Tubal Ligation i.e. tying of tubes or female surgical sterilization its not very popular among black people. Even if a person has 6 children there is that belief that something can still happen and you might need one more cheesy tongue

I remember my mum almost having a fit when I mentioned that I was actually considering it( tying my tubes) grin grin

Its a decision that needs to be taken with a clear head though so maybe you both need a little more time to think it through.
Re: After The Third CS, My Husband Wants To Castrate Himself. by byvan03: 10:27am On Dec 29, 2015
cococandy:

That's what I was about to ask too. Castrate ke

I guess the man probably means vasectomy but she's seeing it as castration.

That's very likely, the lady misunderstood the man . She should be happy her husband doesn't mind being the nipped one cheesy.

4 Likes

Re: After The Third CS, My Husband Wants To Castrate Himself. by Creamish(f): 2:55pm On Dec 29, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

You said he is afraid something would happen to the wife, then went on to wow that she is alive and hearty, even called it a "miracle", pregnancy and childbirth itself is a miracle. I asked and I am still asking "how many people do you know that CS killed?

You need the understanding more dear. CS isn't a death sentence, so stop wowing... maybe you should have typed this comment of yours first. I can imagine the husband coming to you for advice, then you shout "wow, and she is still alive and hearty?" wtf'

LOLz @bolde.d!

Maternal mortality happens with any form of delivery. It's only by the grace of God that one comes out alive. There is no "WOW" moment when CS is done 3 times biko.

@OP.. Advise your friend's husband to go for some counselling. What he suffers from is an anxiety based on ignorance. There are family planning techniques that are sure to work. Please go to a certified hospital/clinic for proper counselling.

1 Like

Re: After The Third CS, My Husband Wants To Castrate Himself. by JustHere2Observ(f): 3:07pm On Dec 29, 2015
Vasectomy is a form of family planning, if he wants it then fine. Happy to hear some men don't think family planning is only for the woman. Support your husband and if you don't agree with him, look for another option. There is a wide variety of family planning out there.

2 Likes

Re: After The Third CS, My Husband Wants To Castrate Himself. by cococandy(f): 4:32pm On Dec 29, 2015
byvan03:

That's very likely, the lady misunderstood the man . She should be happy her husband doesn't mind being the nipped one cheesy.
Exactly.
Many men (especially African men) wouldn't agree to that because it's not very popular among us and also sounds emasculating to them.

1 Like

Re: After The Third CS, My Husband Wants To Castrate Himself. by cococandy(f): 4:34pm On Dec 29, 2015
Lol. I didn't even read yours before I typed mine.
E go hard to see an African dude willing to consider vasectomy at a relatively young age.

And you're right he's not considering this with a clear head. Just out of fear.
damiso:
I guess he actually meant vasectomy. Castration harsh naa cheesy

Its actually a safe birth control method but like Tubal Ligation i.e. tying of tubes or female surgical sterilization its not very popular among black people. Even if a person has 6 children there is that belief that something can still happen and you might need one more cheesy tongue

I remember my mum almost having a fit when I mentioned that I was actually considering it( tying my tubes) grin grin

Its a decision that needs to be taken with a clear head though so maybe you both need a little more time to think it through.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Disciplining Children / / Scared Of Remaining Single

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.